Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=14695&st=15 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:12:46 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

12 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Beginning Of The End For Danny Shelton?, From AT -
sister
post Aug 7 2007, 11:23 PM
Post #16

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 762

QUOTE(appletree @ Aug 7 2007, 11:45 PM) *
Hi all,
I agree that misinformation is rampant and has been from the beginning. I do not want to contribute to false rumors so will state the facts as I know them. Danny himself brought the idea of finding a new president to the board. The board did not request it or demand it. He is 56 years old and has been in this position for 23 years. He is tired physically and mentally of handling the day to day operations of finances, contracts, downlinks, uplinks and all the other major responsibilities and decisions that can wear one down. He has suggested the idea of a new man with the Presidency title while he will remain Founder and 3abn Consultant. Under these terms, no major changes or decisions can be made by the New President without consulting with Danny and getting an OK to go forward. If there is a difference of opinion, it would go before the board which has several new substantial members.
Again, there has been no directives from anyone for Danny to step down. He would simply like some help. He will continue to do programming, travel for 3abn and will, I imagine, sit on the board.None of this is written in stone. Danny does have someone in mind for the job. There are no hidden agenda's or underhanded motives here. It is a relatively simple idea to relieve a person of some of the heavy responsibilites that he has carried for so many years.
Those from 3abn that contribute to this unbecoming and unchristlike gossip would benefit greatly, as would others, if they would keep quiet until the facts are known. If one would keep track of how many unsubstianted rumors have been told on these internet sites, the amount would be staggering. Far more rumors than truth have been told and repeated over and over again.
What I have shared here, are the facts for now. But, again, nothing is in stone and Danny might decide tomorrow to remain as President indefinitely. He is praying about it and will do what he feels impressed to do.

Let's look more closely at the statements that I have placed in red:

He is tired physically and mentally of handling the day to day operations of finances, contracts, downlinks, uplinks and all the other major responsibilities and decisions that can wear one down.
First of all Danny has not handled the day to day operation of finances, contracts, etc, and all the other major responsibilities of 3ABN for many years, Mollie Steenson has done all of that for him. Dan does spend a certain amount of time each week signing contracts, but probably no more than he spends on the golf course and probably less than with his horses.

Under these terms, no major changes or decisions can be made by the New President without consulting with Danny and getting an OK to go forward.
This in essense makes any new "president" of 3ABN nothing more than a figure head, controlled by Danny. So, nothing changes. Dan stills runs 3ABN and pulls the strings on a puppet president.

He (Danny Shelton) will continue to do programming, travel for 3abn and will, I imagine, sit on the board.
So, nothing changes. Dan has the same function and authority as always. Nothing new here.

Danny does have someone in mind for the job.
I sure he does have someone in mind. I do not think that he would leave that choice up to someone else.

Are you starting to see a lot of red warning flags flying in the above post. It's like the term "sanitary landfill". No matter what you call it, it is still just a big hole filled with items no longer wanted by it's owners, or what is commonly known as a garbage dump. Basically, it's just the same old, same old, in Dannyland with some additional window dressing added to please the customers. This is nothing new under the sun...just a variation of the old smoke and mirrors tricks that magicians have used to fool the viewing audience.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SoulEspresso
post Aug 7 2007, 11:28 PM
Post #17

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,262

Well, I was waiting for appletree to respond, but I don't know if he will now ... sad.gif

But you did say what I was thinking, sister. Shades of Hamlet's ghost ... if apple is right ... something is rotten in the state of Denmark Illinois.

Still.

(Why isn't there a nose-holding smiley?)

This post has been edited by SoulEspresso: Aug 7 2007, 11:33 PM

--------------------
"The entire world is falling apart because no one will admit they are wrong."
--
Don Miller, Blue Like Jazz.

+Quote Post
Artiste
post Aug 7 2007, 11:57 PM
Post #18

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,569

QUOTE(sister @ Aug 7 2007, 10:23 PM) *
This in essense makes any new "president" of 3ABN nothing more than a figure head, controlled by Danny. So, nothing changes. Dan stills runs 3ABN and pulls the strings on a puppet president.

Exactly why 3ABN cannot continue on with nothing more than window-dressing changes; the whole leadership and the culture of the place would have to change to make it viable.

This post has been edited by Artiste: Aug 7 2007, 11:57 PM

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Aug 8 2007, 12:00 AM
Post #19

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

Welcome to BSDA Appletree!

By way os my welcoem I would like to offer some adivce........read, read, read and read some more before posting again. IOW, somebody has already been here with the explanation you have provided.

Once again welcome to BSDA. I hope you will take full advantage of your membership here and make yourself familiar with our other features.

QUOTE(appletree @ Aug 7 2007, 09:45 PM) *
Hi all,
I agree that misinformation is rampant and has been from the beginning. I do not want to contribute to false rumors so will state the facts as I know them. Danny himself brought the idea of finding a new president to the board. The board did not request it or demand it. He is 56 years old and has been in this position for 23 years. He is tired physically and mentally of handling the day to day operations of finances, contracts, downlinks, uplinks and all the other major responsibilities and decisions that can wear one down. He has suggested the idea of a new man with the Presidency title while he will remain Founder and 3abn Consultant. Under these terms, no major changes or decisions can be made by the New President without consulting with Danny and getting an OK to go forward. If there is a difference of opinion, it would go before the board which has several new substantial members.
Again, there has been no directives from anyone for Danny to step down. He would simply like some help. He will continue to do programming, travel for 3abn and will, I imagine, sit on the board.
None of this is written in stone. Danny does have someone in mind for the job. There are no hidden agenda's or underhanded motives here. It is a relatively simple idea to relieve a person of some of the heavy responsibilites that he has carried for so many years.
Those from 3abn that contribute to this unbecoming and unchristlike gossip would benefit greatly, as would others, if they would keep quiet until the facts are known. If one would keep track of how many unsubstianted rumors have been told on these internet sites, the amount would be staggering. Far more rumors than truth have been told and repeated over and over again.
What I have shared here, are the facts for now. But, again, nothing is in stone and Danny might decide tomorrow to remain as President indefinitely. He is praying about it and will do what he feels impressed to do.

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
Whtz Happenin
post Aug 8 2007, 02:03 AM
Post #20

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,846

QUOTE(SoulEspresso @ Aug 8 2007, 01:28 AM) *
Well, I was waiting for appletree to respond, but I don't know if he will now ... sad.gif

But you did say what I was thinking, sister. Shades of Hamlet's ghost ... if apple is right ... something is rotten in the state of Denmark Illinois.

Still.

(Why isn't there a nose-holding smiley?)

The apple does not fall far from the tree
scratchchin.gif

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Aug 8 2007, 04:39 AM
Post #21

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 15

QUOTE(appletree @ Aug 8 2007, 12:45 AM) *
He has suggested the idea of a new man with the Presidency title while he will remain Founder and 3abn Consultant. Under these terms, no major changes or decisions can be made by the New President without consulting with Danny and getting an OK to go forward. If there is a difference of opinion, it would go before the board which has several new substantial members.
Again, there has been no directives from anyone for Danny to step down. He would simply like some help. He will continue to do programming, travel for 3abn and will, I imagine, sit on the board.

In essence then, there will be no change from the status quo... other than adding another person to reach a hand into the cookie jar. The new president will be about as effective in this office ( if/when this occurs ) as Caligula's horse when he made it a Roman senator... but in the overall, nothing whatsoever will change. Danny then and now will have to bless any decisions made and referring any "differences of opinion" to the board, which time and again has been shown to exist solely at Danny's pleasure to rubberstamp Danny's whim, means that they only see one opinion... that which Danny has...

It is an insult to the intelligence of many to suggest that a merely cosmetic change such as you've described here is all that is required... and the donors are going to continue to voice their displeasure in the only manner that gets results... withholding donations.

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Aug 8 2007, 04:48 AM
Post #22

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 15

QUOTE(SoulEspresso @ Aug 8 2007, 12:29 AM) *
But I do think that a new CEO and a new board would really really be a step in the right direction. Maybe 3ABN can be saved. amen.gif

It's possible... but, IMO, it's not probable as long as the only way to get 3ABN from Danny is to pry it from his cold, dead hands... a la Charlton Heston.

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
Seraphim7
post Aug 8 2007, 05:10 AM
Post #23

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

Member No.: 6

QUOTE(appletree @ Aug 8 2007, 12:45 AM) *
Hi all,
None of this is written in stone. Danny does have someone in mind for the job. There are no hidden agenda's or underhanded motives here. It is a relatively simple idea to relieve a person of some of the heavy responsibilites that he has carried for so many years.

Hello appletree and welcome to BSDA. I will address some points, as highlighted above.

Misinformation is rampant... we agree fully on this point.

1. FACT - Danny came to BSDA, on his own, and provided information that turned out to be FALSE. notworking.gif

2. FACT - As to your wish NOT to contribute to false rumors and stating facts, as you know them, all we have is your word on that and frankly we don't know you to be trustworthy or not. blink.gif

3. FACT - Any other leader elected or selected to serve as the new President would only be a figurehead if he/she must get approval from Danny first. notworking.gif

4. FACT - Though you might know Danny, again all we have is your word. Since he has a "proven" track record of misinforming others, and or misrepresent "facts" (see previous posts as directed by Princessdi).

You are Danny? If not, then you can only defend his motives based on what you claim you know regarding a hidden agenda or underhanded motives. notworking.gif

5. FACT - Since you are new to BSDA it will benefit you greatly to take the advice given in James 1:19 ... let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath.

6. FACT - "the facts for now" blink.gif Uhhh no, either what you have claimed is in truth a fact or it is not.

In light of said FACTS it is simply not your place to suggest that anyone, aside from yourself, to keep quiet.

Be Blessed

--------------------
WELCOME to BlackSDA from seraph|m, a BSDA Charter member.
Please Join us in The Married Forum and/or Sabbath School Lesson Study forums.

Then, come join us here, Live Chat Lesson Study ,for our Friday night study @ 8pm CST/9pm EST. The lesson can be found at Sabbath School Network (SSNET)

Motto- "Weapons of Mass Distraction, Have No Place Here. " "Qui tacet consentire videtur,"
Are not official staff mottos and are not endorsed by BSDA Management.

+Quote Post
Richard Sherwin
post Aug 8 2007, 05:21 AM
Post #24

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,231

Real change will only take place when Danny humbles himself before God and man, confessing his sins and asking for forgiveness. Until that happens all he is doing is trying to make a new house by putting new siding on a crumbling shack. Might look good on the outside but inside it's still a shack.

Richard

+Quote Post
lowender
post Aug 8 2007, 08:14 AM
Post #25

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,696

QUOTE(Artiste @ Aug 8 2007, 12:02 AM) *
[/color]

Don't have anything to add ... I think the missive speaks for itself.

What's left for 3ABN? Donorships are WAY down, the GC won't get near them, AF has turned down any merger... This ship is under water now...

+Quote Post
Observer
post Aug 8 2007, 08:47 AM
Post #26

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,664

QUOTE(lowender @ Aug 8 2007, 08:14 AM) *
What's left for 3ABN? Donorships are WAY down, the GC won't get near them, AF has turned down any merger... This ship is under water now...

1) They could get their act together, reform and re build.

2) They could make a total break and restructure themself as a truely independent TV ministry that was programed for a segment of the genral Protestant community. After all, if Falwell and other have done so, who is to say that 3-ABN could not?

The ship has not sunk yet. It simply remains to be seen as to what colors it will fly in the future.

--------------------
Gregory Matthews posts here under the name "Observer."

+Quote Post
lowender
post Aug 8 2007, 09:00 AM
Post #27

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,696

QUOTE(Observer @ Aug 8 2007, 09:47 AM) *

2) They could make a total break and restructure themself as a truely independent TV ministry that was programed for a segment of the genral Protestant community. After all, if Falwell and other have done so, who is to say that 3-ABN could not?

The ship has not sunk yet. It simply remains to be seen as to what colors it will fly in the future.

3ABN won't survive as "3ABN". Danny Shelton's presence is a liability. ASI no longer respects him, Amazing Facts wants nothing to do with him, now the GC has no use for him... Their best bet is to sell out.

+Quote Post
SoulEspresso
post Aug 8 2007, 09:17 AM
Post #28

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,262

3ABN can be saved, but only under these conditions:

Danny steps down and publicly repents.

Walt Thompson steps down and publicly repents.

John Lomocang, Shelley Quinn, and any others who have publicly shilled for Danny, all step down and publicly repent.

The board is replaced in its entirety, because even innocent people have tainted their reputations by being on that board.

It's like when I had a skunk under my house some years back. Even after we got rid of them, we still had to wash our clothes and clean the carpet. It wasn't the clothes' fault or the carpet's; they were just too close to the stink.

Even if they try to become generally Protestant, they'd have to rebuild their donorship from scratch, and since they've presented too many seminars on the Mark of the Beast, they'd still need new leadership.

This post has been edited by SoulEspresso: Aug 8 2007, 09:25 AM

--------------------
"The entire world is falling apart because no one will admit they are wrong."
--
Don Miller, Blue Like Jazz.

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Aug 8 2007, 09:45 AM
Post #29

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,960

Danny himself brought the idea of finding a new president to the board. The board did not request it or demand it.

So appletree, is this further evidence of the present board's incompetence and/or irresponsibility, given all that has trasnpired and all that has been brought to light?

If there is a difference of opinion, it would go before the board which has several new substantial members.

You mean it has several new substantial members right at this present moment? And who would those be?

I see only one new name listed as a board member on the Plaintiffs' witness list. Who might the other new board members be?

+Quote Post
Observer
post Aug 8 2007, 09:50 AM
Post #30

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,664

QUOTE(Observer @ Aug 8 2007, 08:47 AM) *

I agree with much of what has been said in response to my post above.

But, someone might attempt to rebuild it? Who knows? If some people had had a sense of reality, what has been going on, and appropriate steps to take, different decisons would have been made, and we would not be where we are today.

In the mean time, we shall just have to wait and see how it develops.

--------------------
Gregory Matthews posts here under the name "Observer."

+Quote Post

12 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:12 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church