Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=14695&st=165 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:12:50 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

12 Pages V  « < 10 11 12  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Beginning Of The End For Danny Shelton?, From AT -
Whitey
post Aug 16 2007, 02:10 AM
Post #166

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 581

hiya.gif btw. Watchbird, I like people being clever in literary styles. I am not against how lowender forms his sentences. I am ticked off when the author switches horses in mid-stream and we get the opposite in convictions from him without knowing what is what. I don’t like shock-effects online for the sake of playing. As he started entering that jazz about Danny the anointed Prophet and then went back to anti-badboyDanny, I was utterly mad at him that he wasn’t being stable in the profile he is displaying online. He entered writing in this Forum with anti-Shelton statements and then he got pro-ProphetShelton in his delivery. Then he stopped that and went anti-Shelton again. That is what I mean for being against trusting him. I an rabid with ones who don't stay consistent in profile for who they are and start manipulating the viewers for the sake of a lark. Deception, leading astray, misusing trust, half-lies, shady misleading innuendo's and laying a trail of red-herrings are wicked mannerisms Online as well as in 3D.
That's what I'm against.

I sure do like seeing posts with colloquialisms, euphorisms, satire, metaphors, analogies, similies, occasional sarcasm, and all those abstract ways of picturing one's thoughts and convictions when posting messages. So long that the profile of the person remains true to honesty and moral correctness in dealing with others in the group. No prideful lording over others by manipulating them or twisting their nickname to make them look a bit silly should be in the threads.

This post has been edited by Whitey: Aug 16 2007, 02:24 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Aug 16 2007, 08:17 AM
Post #167

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

One of the joys of an online forum is that people are allowed to state their opinions. Thanks for stating yours!

Clever authors will often use varied styles, ones that they feel will best convey their thoughts on the subject at hand to the reader on the other side of the words. While I can appreciate the passion you hold for your view on member protocol, to call for anyone here to stick to one style in order to have a consistant profile, just so it doesn't shock or confuse anyone, is a mite unrealistic, IMO.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
Rosyroi
post Aug 16 2007, 08:50 AM
Post #168

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,536

QUOTE(PeacefulBe @ Aug 16 2007, 07:17 AM) *
One of the joys of an online forum is that people are allowed to state their opinions. Thanks for stating yours!

Clever authors will often use varied styles, ones that they feel will best convey their thoughts on the subject at hand to the reader on the other side of the words. While I can appreciate the passion you hold for your view on member protocol, to call for anyone here to stick to one style in order to have a consistant profile, just so it doesn't shock or confuse anyone, is a mite unrealistic, IMO.

I agree with you PB. What is wonderful about the human mind is that with the creative juices flowing we can change our style with our moods. Some folk show more intense mood thoughts than others.

JMHO

Rosyroi

--------------------

"Joy, Love, Peace, Long Suffering, Gentleness, Goodness, Faith, Meekness, and Self Control are what being full of the Holy Spirit is all about." Galations 5.

"Don't waste your time waiting and longing for large opportunities which may never come, but faitfully handle the little things that are always claiming your attention..." F.B. Meyers

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B. 2007

"For GOD so LOVED you and me..." John 3:16

"I believe that there is a devil, and here's Satan's agenda. First, he doesn't want anyone having kids. Secondly, if they do conceive, he wants them killed.
If they're not killed through abortion, he wants them neglected or abused physically, emotionally, sexually...One way or another, the legions of hell want to destroy children because children become the future adults and leaders. If they (legions) can warp or wound a child, he or she becomes a warped or wounded adult who passes on this affliction to the next generation". -Terry Randall in TIME Magazine, October 21, 1991

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Aug 16 2007, 08:57 AM
Post #169

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(Whitey @ Aug 16 2007, 03:56 AM) *
When I see EGW quotes on this Forum I respond with respect.
When they are saying something that is a tuck to the right of what I am living out in my life at the present I tend to pause and go into 'critic' investigation mode. That means I throw up questions and analyze what it is that she said. That is not strange for a lot of you do the same, surely.
I ponder, I see examples, I ask myself questions, I even test the waters of forums I am in with statements or questions for the sake of provoking the others to express their insights.
I made such an attempt with this theme and it looks like I am the judge over obese people. Godforbid!

However, ....i know how strongly Ellen wrote on matters and now I see this matter of diet and spirituality brought up here and I had a mental image of Ellen walking among my people at church. I was trying to see her facial expression as she sat in church next to me and listened to a pot-bellied preacher. I couldn't see her face fully on this but my daydream graphic led me that way.

I am not a strong opinionated person until I am fully convinced, and even then whispering waves of uncertainty float through my mind. But that's a common trait found in others, is how I comfort myself.

I do see obese persons and know by listening to them how spiritually deep in their bible knowledge and love of their Lord Jesus they are. I just was here confronted by the rather radical statement of EGW and wanted to apply them to our present situation.

Analyzing is certainly a good practice and a useful talent. However, it is one, like many others, that can be overused at times. This may be one of those times.

The health dangers of overweight are only just beginning to be appreciated in our society. There are several reasons for that... one is an over-abundance of available food all year round... to say nothing of the over-indulgence of all sorts of essentially non-foods... snacks with nothing but "empty calories", etc. So maybe we need to be reminded that in an earlier age this was not so. In some countries even today "fat" is associated with good health and is a desirable quality. No doubt this is a hangover from the days when fat people survived periods of relative famine more frequently than did skinny ones.

Be that as it may... only a cursory look at any of the pictures taken of Ellen White in her elderly years would tell you that overweight was not something the Lord had pressed upon her mind as one of the essentials of health. So I don't think it will be helpful for us to try and imagine the degree of "portliness" at which she would be concerned with the effect his extra pounds were having on the gentleman's physical OR his spiritual health.

+Quote Post
Shepherdswife
post Aug 16 2007, 10:09 AM
Post #170

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,439

QUOTE(Whitey @ Aug 16 2007, 04:10 AM) *
hiya.gif btw. Watchbird, I like people being clever in literary styles. I am not against how lowender forms his sentences. I am ticked off when the author switches horses in mid-stream and we get the opposite in convictions from him without knowing what is what. I don’t like shock-effects online for the sake of playing. As he started entering that jazz about Danny the anointed Prophet and then went back to anti-badboyDanny, I was utterly mad at him that he wasn’t being stable in the profile he is displaying online. He entered writing in this Forum with anti-Shelton statements and then he got pro-ProphetShelton in his delivery. Then he stopped that and went anti-Shelton again. That is what I mean for being against trusting him. I an rabid with ones who don't stay consistent in profile for who they are and start manipulating the viewers for the sake of a lark. Deception, leading astray, misusing trust, half-lies, shady misleading innuendo's and laying a trail of red-herrings are wicked mannerisms Online as well as in 3D.
That's what I'm against.

I sure do like seeing posts with colloquialisms, euphorisms, satire, metaphors, analogies, similies, occasional sarcasm, and all those abstract ways of picturing one's thoughts and convictions when posting messages. So long that the profile of the person remains true to honesty and moral correctness in dealing with others in the group. No prideful lording over others by manipulating them or twisting their nickname to make them look a bit silly should be in the threads.

Part of the difficulty lies in the lack of body language in this medium. Sarcasm is much more easily recognized when the voice tone and and facial expression that often accompanies it is available. Even the smiley faces can't fix it. I was confused at first by lowenders comments too, but I went back and looked at the other posts and realized quickly that since they were inconsistent, that sarcasm was present.

You have a right to your opinion and frustration, but lowender has a right to post as he (I think? sorry if I got the wrong gender) wishes as well. Great thing about this board! You can skip over posts that are from people who you don't find intellectually stimulating or that frustrate you rather than entertain or inform.

shepherdswife

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Aug 16 2007, 11:00 AM
Post #171

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Plus, if you relax and go with the flow a bit, it is also possible to have an enriching experience where you might not otherwise expect one.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
Artiste
post Aug 17 2007, 11:41 PM
Post #172

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,569

QUOTE(lowender @ Aug 13 2007, 12:25 AM) *
Could this really be the end for Danny Swaggart's TV Ministry? I just can't see him throwing in the towel & giving up... He's looking for new sources for funding. Count on him to sell some assets and make some deals with some prominent names that are outside of the SDA church. He still seeks to justify his un-Biblical divorce...

I think this is an interesting observation ... making some deals with some prominent names ... maybe this is happening already?

+Quote Post
Whitey
post Aug 18 2007, 02:44 AM
Post #173

Advanced Member

QUOTE(PeacefulBe @ Aug 16 2007, 09:00 AM) *
Plus, if you relax and go with the flow a bit, it is also possible to have an enriching experience where you might not otherwise expect one.

Now that's good advice. I want to take it to heart and improve my attitude.

Yes, I do have a alarm bell going off in me when seeing confusion being brought into thread talks by what appears to me as manipulating techniques. I do wish I could be more trusting when something online looks like deception or playing with the minds of people.Trusting in the sense of being more tolerant and thinking the best as you dear sisters have so portrayed in your postings just now. I know I am badly conditioned since all the soul burns I've received from men using shades of deception to get their goals reached. Oddly enough I have never been bothered with any women writers. biggrin.gif Now why is that? wink.gif

This Danny Shelton drama for the last three years has brought so much on bad character traits up to the surface of one we had so appreciated and trusted in the leadership position he has. Yes, I have developed a inner caution or cynicism toward online persona's in general and my enjoyment of interacting has been vastly curtailed. You gals are showing in your attitudes niceness and forgiving love with tolerance to varied styles of folk posting here. Thank you for your example.
wub.gif wave.gif

+Quote Post
lowender
post Aug 18 2007, 03:42 AM
Post #174

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,696

"I don’t like shock-effects"

WOW! I didn't know you were so easily shocked Whitey. I admire your sensibilities... I'm touched.

+Quote Post
Whitey
post Aug 18 2007, 04:14 AM
Post #175

Advanced Member

QUOTE(lowender @ Aug 18 2007, 01:42 AM) *
"I don’t like shock-effects"

WOW! I didn't know you were so easily shocked Whitey. I admire your sensibilities... I'm touched.

A 'Flasher' rides up the appartment house elevator, gets out on the 12 floor, turns slowly around to face the closing elevator doors and pulls swiftly apart his trench coat. The fleeting glance at the man's nudity before the doors closes would cause some of us in the elevator to giggle and burst out into laughter...others would stand fridged in fright or shock.
As for me I'd be just grinning at the stupidity of it all and think "what was that all about?"
When I get shocked it is mostly in the glaring sins that are exposed coming up in the lives of those proclaiming in deed and word that they are disciples of Christ. I have an expectation of seeing the power to overcome sin in lives of those who pray to God as their spiritual Father and claim the Son of God as their redeemer from sin. Deception is not of God in anyway. Admittedly there are different levels or hues of deception so I will acknowledge having dipped my decisions in people-interaction with pale hues of deception myself. However, I will not make it a style of my life.

This internet is a wholly inadequate media for getting to know me and my complicated sensibilities within context. Sorry if I caused you too much "wow" effect, lowender, in my wordy messages. bop.gif
Just imagine (icon avatar) me walking to you with extended hand for atoning handshake biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Aug 18 2007, 09:39 AM
Post #176

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Whitey @ Aug 18 2007, 01:44 AM) *
Now that's good advice. I want to take it to heart and improve my attitude.
Yes, I do have a alarm bell going off in me when seeing confusion being brought into thread talks by what appears to me as manipulating techniques. I do wish I could be more trusting when something online looks like deception or playing with the minds of people.Trusting in the sense of being more tolerant and thinking the best as you dear sisters have so portrayed in your postings just now. I know I am badly conditioned since all the soul burns I've received from men using shades of deception to get their goals reached. Oddly enough I have never been bothered with any women writers. biggrin.gif Now why is that? wink.gif

This Danny Shelton drama for the last three years has brought so much on bad character traits up to the surface of one we had so appreciated and trusted in the leadership position he has. Yes, I have developed a inner caution or cynicism toward online persona's in general and my enjoyment of interacting has been vastly curtailed. You gals are showing in your attitudes niceness and forgiving love with tolerance to varied styles of folk posting here. Thank you for your example.
wub.gif wave.gif

Whitey,

The more you practice trust tempered with wisdom, the more layers will be shaved off of your cynical life callouses. Don't allow your past pain to prevent you from having joy and sparkle in your present. hug.gif

I think John 15:9 - 11 sums it up nicely:

9 "As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love. 10 If you obey my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father's commands and remain in his love. 11 I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete. 12 My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you."

PB

--------------------
Got Peace?

+Quote Post
Whitey
post Aug 19 2007, 10:40 AM
Post #177

Advanced Member

Quote from PB "The more you practice trust tempered with wisdom, the more layers will be shaved off of your cynical life callouses. Don't allow your past pain to prevent you from having joy and sparkle in your present."

scratchchin.gif I need to keep that thought before me as I advance this climb down from my rocky mountain of distrusting men. When I am at the low level of resting in the valley and am using godly wisdom when trusting them I'll be more relaxed, I hope, and my old funny sense of humor will come back.

wave.gif PeaceablyBe.... thankyou.gif

+Quote Post

12 Pages V  « < 10 11 12
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:12 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church