Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=14695&st=150 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:13:05 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

12 Pages V  « < 9 10 11 12 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Beginning Of The End For Danny Shelton?, From AT -
SoulEspresso
post Aug 14 2007, 10:05 AM
Post #151

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,262

QUOTE(Richard Sherwin @ Aug 13 2007, 08:01 PM) *
Peta, not surprisingly, is against bee keeping because some bees are harmed by the bee keeper.

Are they serious? Are they aware of how our food supply depends on bees and beekeepers? yikes.gif

--------------------
"The entire world is falling apart because no one will admit they are wrong."
--
Don Miller, Blue Like Jazz.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
lowender
post Aug 14 2007, 10:30 AM
Post #152

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,696

QUOTE(Richard Sherwin @ Aug 13 2007, 10:01 PM) *
Vegan don't eat honey? mad.gif Now that just ain't right. (Crude comment deleted) biggrin.gif They don't eat white sugar either because some of it is bleached white with cow bones.

Peta, not surprisingly, is against bee keeping because some bees are harmed by the bee keeper.

offtopic.gif Sorry.

Richard

OK... Back to topic... Danny Shelton's insistence of a course of actions from his un-biblical divorce, his public trashing of his wife, his quickie marriage to a much younger woman makes discerning people question the commitment he asserts on the TV screen.

But there's more than that... His brash way of dealing with people, both inside & outside of 3ABN, his arrogant & forceful manner employed to TV & satellite providers that have done business with him has made enemies out of well-meaning people. Then these unnecessary lawsuits and threats of lawsuits to people who have publicly spoken out about his practices have sealed Mr. Shelton's reputation. The merge attempt was just a facade to cover up all of this. I'm glad that Doug Batchelor & Amazing Facts saw through all of that...

Who would want to work with him now?

Who could trust him now?

His actions have caused the SDA Church to marginalize him. Supportive ministries have done the same. Danny Shelton & 3ABN now no longer have an input into the future of the SDA Church.

+Quote Post
justice4jesus
post Aug 14 2007, 02:34 PM
Post #153

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,268

Are you getting any of this, Danny? It's true, you know. Face the facts, hard as they may be for you to accept. It's over! Step aside so this doesn't get any nastier than it already is.

+Quote Post
Richard Sherwin
post Aug 14 2007, 04:18 PM
Post #154

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,231

They were quite vocal about it several years ago but have backed off. Of course since they put animals above humans our food supply is irrelevant to them. Hey maybe it was PETA people who tipped over 34 of our hives....

Richard

QUOTE(SoulEspresso @ Aug 14 2007, 12:05 PM) *
Are they serious? Are they aware of how our food supply depends on bees and beekeepers? yikes.gif

+Quote Post
ex3ABNemployee
post Aug 14 2007, 08:10 PM
Post #155

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,722

QUOTE(Richard Sherwin @ Aug 13 2007, 10:01 PM) *
Vegan don't eat honey? mad.gif Now that just ain't right. (Crude comment deleted) biggrin.gif They don't eat white sugar either because some of it is bleached white with cow bones.

offtopic.gif Sorry.

Richard

PETA = People Eating Tasty Animals

--------------------
Duane Clem

It's not about religion, it's about a relationship.

Gems of Wisdom
"Lisa and Ronda are not Danny's biological father." -- wwjd, 2/8/07
"Watchbird, The facts prove the above lie." -- wwjd, 2/13/07
"Another lie that can be proven..." -- Bystander, 3/18/07
"The thing about lies is they can be proven." -- Aletheia, 3/22/07
"I am not here to argue" -- Aletheia, 4/24/07
"She didn't move to 3ABN, she moved to Illinois" -- Aletheia, 4/25/07
"Hope is liberal. 3abn is not." -- steffan, 6/9/07
"Danny Shelton does not decide what goes on the air, period." -- appletree, 8/22/07

http://www.save-3abn.com/
http://www.investigating3abn.info/
http://rescue3abn.blog.com/
http://www.abundantrest.org/?p=74
http://abundantrest.org/2007/02/18/3abn-sa...ons-retirement/
http://anewsabbathschool.blogspot.com/2006...ain-wrecks.html
http://cafesda.blogspot.com/2006/08/atoday...bn-news_21.html
http://www.atoday.com/email/2007/02/12/
http://spectrummagazine.typepad.com/the_sp...eans_and_e.html

+Quote Post
mystery- man
post Aug 14 2007, 10:14 PM
Post #156

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,439

QUOTE(watchbird @ Aug 13 2007, 10:33 AM) *
I think it is time to set a few "records" straight.....

Ellen White was not a vegan.... she never stopped using dairy or eggs at any time in her life.

Ellen White did not teach "veganism".... which is not only a strict "plant based diet", but also the
abstension from such things as honey and the use and/or wearing of leather products.

There are no Adventists that I know of who ARE vegans.... even though there are those who use the term to describe their "plant-based diet".

Ellen's recommendation was for a diet that consisted of fruits, nuts, grains, and vegetables along with milk from healthy cows and eggs from healthy chickens. She spoke of a time when these might be so diseased we would have to give them up... and that time may have come in some areas and for some people. But whatever our opinion on that, it doesn't change the fact that her advice was built on health reasons, not on biblical mandates or spiritual ones.

On the other side of things.... The story of Daniel and his three friends does provide a biblical base for plain eating as contrasted with "rich foods" such as were available at the King's table. And while I had always been of the opinion that God worked some kind of miracle so as to there be that much difference in their appearance and keeness of mind after only ten days... it only took one five day trip to Rome in attendance at a major company "rewards" convention to show me otherwise. In fact, it only took about three of those days to notice the difference between those who continued to eat sparingly and sensibly of the many things provided... both food and beverage... and those who indulged to the limit of their desires..... and that didn't even include an inspecton of those who were simply wiped out after the first three days so they were spending their time in their hotel rooms.

Indulgence of that kind could surely be said to hinder one's spiritual capacities! And I think you would find, if you really examined the context of Ellen's statements which seems to tie meateating with loss of spirituality, that it is really this kind of gross gluttony which she is speaking against... not whether one's diet is totally "plant-based" or not.

Oh yes... one more "parting shot".... 2guns.gif ....... Ellen also said that sugar was worse than meat. Do vegans eliminate sugar from their diet? Little Debbies, anyone? biggrin.gif

Not totally true (as in complete) she did in many instances connect spirituality with diet especially when it comes to the last day.

+Quote Post
Whitey
post Aug 15 2007, 02:30 AM
Post #157

Advanced Member

Member No.: 581

She connected spirituality with diet....

She seems to be on something there...

It might prove to many of us not to trust the spirituality of obese potbellied brethren preaching in the pulpit, standing up front of Sabbath School, getting in the Media of any means or being pictured on Internet.

huh.gif no.gif uhm.gif scratchchin.gif

+Quote Post
lowender
post Aug 15 2007, 05:10 AM
Post #158

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,696

QUOTE(Whitey @ Aug 15 2007, 03:30 AM) *

It might prove to many of us not to trust the spirituality of obese potbellied brethren preaching in the pulpit, standing up front of Sabbath School, getting in the Media of any means or being pictured on Internet.

Do you judge the book by the cover Whitey? Who are you to doubt that a heavy-set person, or "pot-bellied brethren" doesn't love Christ?

Danny Shelton looks like he is in good shape, but should we do as he does? Should we trust his spirituality?

+Quote Post
Whitey
post Aug 15 2007, 08:17 AM
Post #159

Advanced Member

I will not be replying to lowender because I don't trust him.

I found him a bit too manipulating of the readers as he played that double-talk in the other Shelton saga thread and misused us in jest as stupid sheeple.

He addressed us as ones who are uncritical enough to believe at face value his facetious playing around in the pro-danny and the anti-danny write ups which he did.

-end of venting-

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Aug 15 2007, 10:52 AM
Post #160

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(Whitey @ Aug 15 2007, 10:17 AM) *
I will not be replying to lowender because I don't trust him.

I found him a bit too manipulating of the readers as he played that double-talk in the other Shelton saga thread and misused us in jest as stupid sheeple.

He addressed us as ones who are uncritical enough to believe at face value his facetious playing around in the pro-danny and the anti-danny write ups which he did.

-end of venting-

Lighten up, Whitey... maybe a book on English use of irony and sarcasm as literary devices to make a point would be helpful to you. I admit lowender got a little too repetitious... but he did not use "double-talk"... that has quite a different meaning than irony... or even exaggeration for effect. Weren't you also... to a lesser extent perhaps... using the same literary device when you commented on on the "obese pot-bellied brethren"?

........... angel.gif .........

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Aug 15 2007, 12:26 PM
Post #161

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(Whitey @ Aug 15 2007, 01:30 AM) *

Whitey,

While I appreciate your ingtriguing train of thought from cause to effect, I think you may have simply gone a little too broad.

EGW did connect health reform and spirituality:

December 10, 1871, I was again shown that the health reform is one branch of the great work which is to fit a people for the coming of the Lord. It is as closely connected with the third angel's message as the hand is with the body. The law of Ten Commandments has been lightly regarded by man, but the Lord would not come to punish the transgressors of that law without first sending them a message of warning. The third angel proclaims that message. Had men ever been obedient to the law of Ten Commandments, carrying out in their lives the principles of those precepts, the curse of disease now flooding the world would not be. {3T 161.1}

But does this mean that the obese can not have a trustworthy spirituality? I truly hope this is not the case. I have chosen to follow a plant-based diet for 2.5 years now. It has had some very positve effects on me, as a whole, but I remain quite, er, fluffy. Does this mean my spiritual life is suspect? Will it only be trustworty when the daily ounce or two that I am shedding brings me to a more suitable outward appearance?

Perhaps if the potbellied brethren leave the podium and selfishly consume the greater portion of the pot luck spread your logic would apply.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
paleface
post Aug 15 2007, 12:39 PM
Post #162

Member No.: 1,991

QUOTE(Whitey @ Aug 15 2007, 02:30 AM) *

"Heavy Theology?"

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Aug 15 2007, 12:49 PM
Post #163

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 15

QUOTE(Richard Sherwin @ Aug 13 2007, 11:01 PM) *

offtopic.gif Sorry.

Richard

Some bee keepers are harmed by the bees so I'd say that's a wash...

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
Richard Sherwin
post Aug 15 2007, 08:27 PM
Post #164

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,231

roflmao.gif Good point. However when I get stung (many times a day) the bees then die. So far I have not.

Richard

QUOTE(awesumtenor @ Aug 15 2007, 02:49 PM) *
Some bee keepers are harmed by the bees so I'd say that's a wash...

In His service,
Mr. J

+Quote Post
Whitey
post Aug 16 2007, 01:56 AM
Post #165

Advanced Member

uh O, it looks like my time has come to be pushed into the fray...Oh my... It sure seems I have been taken to be speaking from concrete-in-cement personal beliefs. No, that is not the case. I have no conclusion in me when we talk about this theme of spirituality and obesity. I am in a process and not in a permanent frame of mine. I hope with what I say next will help me out of my predicament

Someone brought up those EGW quotes referring to her stating that there is a connection between diet and spirituality. The rightwing SDA are really pushing this as you know. Ellen gave some sound advice on diet for the purpose of us avoiding sickness and to keep our spirits and minds clear for the spiritual battle we all as Christians live in against the Evil One.

When I see EGW quotes on this Forum I respond with respect.
When they are saying something that is a tuck to the right of what I am living out in my life at the present I tend to pause and go into 'critic' investigation mode. That means I throw up questions and analyze what it is that she said. That is not strange for a lot of you do the same, surely.
I ponder, I see examples, I ask myself questions, I even test the waters of forums I am in with statements or questions for the sake of provoking the others to express their insights.
I made such an attempt with this theme and it looks like I am the judge over obese people. Godforbid!

However, ....i know how strongly Ellen wrote on matters and now I see this matter of diet and spirituality brought up here and I had a mental image of Ellen walking among my people at church. I was trying to see her facial expression as she sat in church next to me and listened to a pot-bellied preacher. I couldn't see her face fully on this but my daydream graphic led me that way.

I am not a strong opinionated person until I am fully convinced, and even then whispering waves of uncertainty float through my mind. But that's a common trait found in others, is how I comfort myself.

I do see obese persons and know by listening to them how spiritually deep in their bible knowledge and love of their Lord Jesus they are. I just was here confronted by the rather radical statement of EGW and wanted to apply them to our present situation.

+Quote Post

12 Pages V  « < 9 10 11 12 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:13 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church