Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=14695&st=135 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:13:03 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

12 Pages V  « < 8 9 10 11 12 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Beginning Of The End For Danny Shelton?, From AT -
lowender
post Aug 13 2007, 01:25 AM
Post #136

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,696

QUOTE(watchbird @ Aug 12 2007, 03:38 PM) *
"He who stands in the sunlight always sees it shining upon all that is within his view."
............angel.gif................

Could this really be the end for Danny Swaggart's TV Ministry? I just can't see him throwing in the towel & giving up... He's looking for new sources for funding. Count on him to sell some assets and make some deals with some prominent names that are outside of the SDA church. He still seeks to justify his un-Biblical divorce...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Whitey
post Aug 13 2007, 04:06 AM
Post #137

Advanced Member

Member No.: 581

Lowender a chain-yanker?

Lowender (Joined: 30-May 07)
A few quotes of his from all over this Board…

“But what I find really funny & amusing is how some on here think I'm being serious...”

Pro-Dan Shelton
“Prophet Danny Shelton may just become the next GC President...”
“His anointation as a Prophet is undeniable. He is so far above any of us. The decisions for the future of 3ABN, or for that matter, the entire SDA church, should be left to him...”
“You people are making a mistake. This isn't just Danny Shelton you are trashing. This is PROPHET Danny Shelton! If he gathers tithe or divorces his wife and marries a younger woman, then we must remember, he is entitled to that... We could never understand and we aren't supposed to understand. What we interpret as Biblical counsel on matters like money & marriage does not apply to Danny. He has saved so many more souls than any of us...”
“Remember folks, Danny Shelton is exempt from Biblical counsel on divorce & remarriage. After all, hasn't he saved more souls than any of us have? If he wants a younger woman around, doesn't his position entitle him to that?”
“I know that what we call "wrong" is below Prophet Shelton and may not be wrong at the level he is at. What he does we will never understand... We weren't put on this earth to "get it"!
“Who among us could stand in the presence of Prophet Danny Shelton & not be in awe?”
“Prophet Danny knows better than any of us... How dare anyone question him or his financial practices...”
“The importance of keeping Prophet Danny Shelton on the air trumps any argument against his behavior, his finances, 3ABN's finances, or anything else... The souls that Prophet Danny has saved speaks for itself.”
“Just who do you think you are referring to an anointed prophet as "profit"? Be careful, or some she-bears may surprise you some day soon...”
“Where I come from, there are penalties for questioning the anointing of a prophet...”
“But how dare any of you criticize an anointed prophet...”
“The blatant disregard that you are showing for the anointing & prophecies of Danny Shelton & his friends is akin to spiritual adultery...”
“With the amount of souls that 3ABN has saved, then who could even think of questioning their practices? Who would dare question Danny Shelton's credibility & behavior?”
“Danny Shelton should not be criticized... We would do our best by just not questioning him. He has saved more souls than any of us combined... All of us are better off to just allow Danny to make decisions for us. He is an anointed person...”
“The very questioning of this man's anointing & his status as a prophet is wrong in itself... Each of us who has ever questioned these facts should be ashamed! Prophet Danny Shelton could not stear us wrong. I will repeat... He not only knows better THAN us... He knows better FOR us!”

Anti-Dan Shelton
“Donorships are WAY down, the GC won't get near them, AF has turned down any merger... This ship is under water now...”
“3ABN won't survive as "3ABN". Danny Shelton's presence is a liability. ASI no longer respects him, Amazing Facts wants nothing to do with him, now the GC has no use for him... Their best bet is to sell out.”
“Count on him to sell some assets and make some deals with some prominent names that are outside of the SDA church. He still seeks to justify his un-Biblical divorce...”
“Fran... You hit the nail on the head. Danny Shelton knows that an independent audit would expose him to a firestorm of criticism had the results become public.”
“You don't honestly believe that Danny Shelton would give up control of 3ABN? The only thing that could make him give up control is a jail sentence...”
“Danny Shelton wants 2 things: First, he wants his television ministry to be back to the prominence it once had with him as the power-broker in the SDA church. Second, he wants not to feel guilty for his quickie divorce/re-marriage.
To get this, he tries 2 things... Sue some choice people to intimidate the rest of us from speaking ill of him, and merge with the most recognized SDA evangelist for justification of his actions and to help save his floundering empire.
Well, the merge blew up in his face... He was rejected. I don't care what kind of legal spin Appletree puts on that, Danny got booted to the curb. When he tries to say otherwise, just remind him of all the "visions" and "revelations" that the talking heads on 3ABN were supposedly, conveniently having.
This lawsuit now is a distraction. I would venture to guess that Danny & his lawyers don't want this to get to court because a well-reasoned judge is going to toss it for more important cases...”
“Danny wanted this to happen (the merger) so he could infer that the leading evangelist in the SDA church endorsed his divorce & re-marriage.
“Danny Shelton is trying to press this merger with AF to save his own neck. He wants to use this to say "Look here... Doug Batchelor agrees with my divorce. Everyone else is wrong." “
“We have helped prevent this merger through our opposition & our efforts to contact Amazing Facts & warn them of the negativity that could taint them by teaming up with 3ABN.”
“These supportive ministries need to know that corporate jets, fleets of vehicles & expensive gymnasiums aren't what preaching the Gospel on tv is about. It's up to us not to let Danny Shelton be the face of our church anymore...”
“By excesses, I mean Danny's use of a corporate jet. The fact that his daughter is the only paid performer on the 3ABN set. The arrangement Danny has with a local Dodge/Chrysler dealership for an annual supply of fleet vehicles. Is it known that Danny has used his corporate jet to fly to Salt Lake City to attend Utah Jazz games?”
“The problem is DANNY SHELTON. He has turned this ministry into a mafia. The removal of Mr. Shelton from 3ABN has to be the goal here, not the end of 3ABN.”
“So let's keep up the drumbeat... He's probably even got people posting for him. So just for you Danny... It doesn't matter who you sue or who you criticize... We won't rest, for the sake of the innocent people you've hurt...”
“You see, it's all about Danny. It's all about what he wants. He's developed an entitled mentality where he thinks he is exempt from truth & consequences.”
“Danny Shelton will stop at nothing to remove any person, or any organization who calls him on the carpet. Is this not indicative of a man who is feeling a loss of control?”
-------------------
Well, Low.... we expect you to set up a Memorial Foundation for Dan Shelton when he is done and gone.
You give the impression of having had some experience in such doings.

bye.gif greetings from me...
and to all and any bi-polar schizophrenics lurking in today wave.gif

+Quote Post
lowender
post Aug 13 2007, 04:26 AM
Post #138

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Whitey @ Aug 13 2007, 05:06 AM) *
Lowender a chain-yanker?

“But what I find really funny & amusing is how some on here think I'm being serious...”

Pro-Dan Shelton
“His anointation as a Prophet is undeniable. He is so far above any of us. The decisions for the future of 3ABN, or for that matter, the entire SDA church, should be left to him...”
“You people are making a mistake. This isn't just Danny Shelton you are trashing. This is PROPHET Danny Shelton! If he gathers tithe or divorces his wife and marries a younger woman, then we must remember, he is entitled to that... We could never understand and we aren't supposed to understand. What we interpret as Biblical counsel on matters like money & marriage does not apply to Danny. He has saved so many more souls than any of us...”
“Remember folks, Danny Shelton is exempt from Biblical counsel on divorce & remarriage. After all, hasn't he saved more souls than any of us have? If he wants a younger woman around, doesn't his position entitle him to that?”
“I know that what we call "wrong" is below Prophet Shelton and may not be wrong at the level he is at. What he does we will never understand... We weren't put on this earth to "get it"!
“Who among us could stand in the presence of Prophet Danny Shelton & not be in awe?”
“Prophet Danny knows better than any of us... How dare anyone question him or his financial practices...”
“The importance of keeping Prophet Danny Shelton on the air trumps any argument against his behavior, his finances, 3ABN's finances, or anything else... The souls that Prophet Danny has saved speaks for itself.”
“Just who do you think you are referring to an anointed prophet as "profit"? Be careful, or some she-bears may surprise you some day soon...”
“Where I come from, there are penalties for questioning the anointing of a prophet...”
“The blatant disregard that you are showing for the anointing & prophecies of Danny Shelton & his friends is akin to spiritual adultery...”
“With the amount of souls that 3ABN has saved, then who could even think of questioning their practices? Who would dare question Danny Shelton's credibility & behavior?”
“Danny Shelton should not be criticized... We would do our best by just not questioning him. He has saved more souls than any of us combined... All of us are better off to just allow Danny to make decisions for us. He is an anointed person...”
“The very questioning of this man's anointing & his status as a prophet is wrong in itself... Each of us who has ever questioned these facts should be ashamed! Prophet Danny Shelton could not stear us wrong. I will repeat... He not only knows better THAN us... He knows better FOR us!”

Anti-Dan Shelton
“Donorships are WAY down, the GC won't get near them, AF has turned down any merger... This ship is under water now...”
“3ABN won't survive as "3ABN". Danny Shelton's presence is a liability. ASI no longer respects him, Amazing Facts wants nothing to do with him, now the GC has no use for him... Their best bet is to sell out.”
“Count on him to sell some assets and make some deals with some prominent names that are outside of the SDA church. He still seeks to justify his un-Biblical divorce...”
“Fran... You hit the nail on the head. Danny Shelton knows that an independent audit would expose him to a firestorm of criticism had the results become public.”
“You don't honestly believe that Danny Shelton would give up control of 3ABN? The only thing that could make him give up control is a jail sentence...”
“Danny Shelton wants 2 things: First, he wants his television ministry to be back to the prominence it once had with him as the power-broker in the SDA church. Second, he wants not to feel guilty for his quickie divorce/re-marriage.
To get this, he tries 2 things... Sue some choice people to intimidate the rest of us from speaking ill of him, and merge with the most recognized SDA evangelist for justification of his actions and to help save his floundering empire.
Well, the merge blew up in his face... He was rejected. I don't care what kind of legal spin Appletree puts on that, Danny got booted to the curb. When he tries to say otherwise, just remind him of all the "visions" and "revelations" that the talking heads on 3ABN were supposedly, conveniently having.
This lawsuit now is a distraction. I would venture to guess that Danny & his lawyers don't want this to get to court because a well-reasoned judge is going to toss it for more important cases...”
“Danny wanted this to happen (the merger) so he could infer that the leading evangelist in the SDA church endorsed his divorce & re-marriage.
“Danny Shelton is trying to press this merger with AF to save his own neck. He wants to use this to say "Look here... Doug Batchelor agrees with my divorce. Everyone else is wrong." “
“We have helped prevent this merger through our opposition & our efforts to contact Amazing Facts & warn them of the negativity that could taint them by teaming up with 3ABN.”
“These supportive ministries need to know that corporate jets, fleets of vehicles & expensive gymnasiums aren't what preaching the Gospel on tv is about. It's up to us not to let Danny Shelton be the face of our church anymore...”
“By excesses, I mean Danny's use of a corporate jet. The fact that his daughter is the only paid performer on the 3ABN set. The arrangement Danny has with a local Dodge/Chrysler dealership for an annual supply of fleet vehicles. Is it known that Danny has used his corporate jet to fly to Salt Lake City to attend Utah Jazz games?”
“The problem is DANNY SHELTON. He has turned this ministry into a mafia. The removal of Mr. Shelton from 3ABN has to be the goal here, not the end of 3ABN.”
“So let's keep up the drumbeat... He's probably even got people posting for him. So just for you Danny... It doesn't matter who you sue or who you criticize... We won't rest, for the sake of the innocent people you've hurt...”
“You see, it's all about Danny. It's all about what he wants. He's developed an entitled mentality where he thinks he is exempt from truth & consequences.”
“Danny Shelton will stop at nothing to remove any person, or any organization who calls him on the carpet. Is this not indicative of a man who is feeling a loss of control?”
-------------------
Well, Low.... we expect you to set up a Memorial Foundation for Dan Shelton when he is done and gone.

+Quote Post
lowender
post Aug 13 2007, 04:35 AM
Post #139

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Whitey @ Aug 13 2007, 05:06 AM) *
Lowender a chain-yanker?

Pro-Dan Shelton

Anti-Dan Shelton
-------------------

Well Whitey... I'm glad you have been reading my posts. I feel honored! Maybe you can e-mail my quotes to Danny himself?

+Quote Post
beartrap
post Aug 13 2007, 04:57 AM
Post #140

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,659

QUOTE(Whitey @ Aug 13 2007, 03:06 AM) *
Lowender a chain-yanker?
Pro-Dan Shelton

Ummm, the above quotes are sarcasm, not bi-polar schizophrenia.

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Aug 13 2007, 08:03 AM
Post #141

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 15

QUOTE(beartrap @ Aug 13 2007, 06:57 AM) *
Ummm, the above quotes are sarcasm, not bi-polar schizophrenia.

I'd say they are satire, rather than sarcasm...satire has to be played straight...so much so that the casual observer is unsure whether the person speaking is serious....see Swift's "A Modest Proposal", for instance.

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
lowender
post Aug 13 2007, 08:49 AM
Post #142

Advanced Member

QUOTE(awesumtenor @ Aug 13 2007, 09:03 AM) *
I'd say they are satire, rather than sarcasm...satire has to be played straight...so much so that the casual observer is unsure whether the person speaking is serious....see Swift's "A Modest Proposal", for instance.

In His service,
Mr. J

If we would all just become vegans, we could tell the difference between the satire & the sarcasm...

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Aug 13 2007, 09:03 AM
Post #143

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

Greetings from double post land rolleyes.gif

This post has been edited by PeacefulBe: Aug 13 2007, 09:22 AM

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Aug 13 2007, 09:04 AM
Post #144

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(lowender @ Aug 13 2007, 07:49 AM) *
If we would all just become vegans, we could tell the difference between the satire & the sarcasm...

And then.... we could teach the world to sing in perfect harmony!

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Aug 13 2007, 09:14 AM
Post #145

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(lowender @ Aug 13 2007, 10:49 AM) *

problem is... I'm not a vegan...

But I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express over the weekend...

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Aug 13 2007, 09:27 AM
Post #146

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(awesumtenor @ Aug 13 2007, 08:14 AM) *
problem is... I'm not a vegan...
But I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express over the weekend...

In His service,
Mr. J

It could, indeed, have been that weekend stay at the Holiday Inn Express but I'll wager that the unparalleled mental stimulation of the Jags/Dolphins Expo game helped as well.

PB

--------------------
Got Peace?

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Aug 13 2007, 09:50 AM
Post #147

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(PeacefulBe @ Aug 13 2007, 11:27 AM) *
It could, indeed, have been that weekend stay at the Holiday Inn Express but I'll wager that the unparalleled mental stimulation of the Jags/Dolphins Expo game helped as well.

PB

The only good thing to come out of that game is it will lull the Dolphins into a false sense of security; they won the game because the guys in their training camp who will be back to driving beer trucks and working in shipping and receiving at Lowes are better than the guys in the same boat in JAX... and because the JAX kicker couldn't make a 42 yarder... but I digress and the vegan kool-aid ( made with all natural ingredients and without sugar or high fructose corn syrup ) is not being adequately stirred...

Me? Umm... no; I think I'll have the Raspberry Iced Tea instead...

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Aug 13 2007, 10:33 AM
Post #148

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(awesumtenor @ Aug 13 2007, 11:50 AM) *
The only good thing to come out of that game is it will lull the Dolphins into a false sense of security; they won the game because the guys in their training camp who will be back to driving beer trucks and working in shipping and receiving at Lowes are better than the guys in the same boat in JAX... and because the JAX kicker couldn't make a 42 yarder... but I digress and the vegan kool-aid ( made with all natural ingredients and without sugar or high fructose corn syrup ) is not being adequately stirred...

Me? Umm... no; I think I'll have the Raspberry Iced Tea instead...

In His service,
Mr. J

I think it is time to set a few "records" straight.....

Ellen White was not a vegan.... she never stopped using dairy or eggs at any time in her life.

Ellen White did not teach "veganism".... which is not only a strict "plant based diet", but also the
abstension from such things as honey and the use and/or wearing of leather products.

There are no Adventists that I know of who ARE vegans.... even though there are those who use the term to describe their "plant-based diet".

Ellen's recommendation was for a diet that consisted of fruits, nuts, grains, and vegetables along with milk from healthy cows and eggs from healthy chickens. She spoke of a time when these might be so diseased we would have to give them up... and that time may have come in some areas and for some people. But whatever our opinion on that, it doesn't change the fact that her advice was built on health reasons, not on biblical mandates or spiritual ones.

On the other side of things.... The story of Daniel and his three friends does provide a biblical base for plain eating as contrasted with "rich foods" such as were available at the King's table. And while I had always been of the opinion that God worked some kind of miracle so as to there be that much difference in their appearance and keeness of mind after only ten days... it only took one five day trip to Rome in attendance at a major company "rewards" convention to show me otherwise. In fact, it only took about three of those days to notice the difference between those who continued to eat sparingly and sensibly of the many things provided... both food and beverage... and those who indulged to the limit of their desires..... and that didn't even include an inspecton of those who were simply wiped out after the first three days so they were spending their time in their hotel rooms.

Indulgence of that kind could surely be said to hinder one's spiritual capacities! And I think you would find, if you really examined the context of Ellen's statements which seems to tie meateating with loss of spirituality, that it is really this kind of gross gluttony which she is speaking against... not whether one's diet is totally "plant-based" or not.

Oh yes... one more "parting shot".... 2guns.gif ....... Ellen also said that sugar was worse than meat. Do vegans eliminate sugar from their diet? Little Debbies, anyone? biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Aug 13 2007, 10:34 AM
Post #149

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

sad.gif .... The double posting monster struck again!..... blink.gif

This post has been edited by watchbird: Aug 13 2007, 10:37 AM

+Quote Post
Richard Sherwin
post Aug 13 2007, 09:01 PM
Post #150

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,231

Vegan don't eat honey? mad.gif Now that just ain't right. (Crude comment deleted) biggrin.gif They don't eat white sugar either because some of it is bleached white with cow bones.

Peta, not surprisingly, is against bee keeping because some bees are harmed by the bee keeper.

offtopic.gif Sorry.

Richard

+Quote Post

12 Pages V  « < 8 9 10 11 12 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:13 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church