Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=14875&st=45 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:23:22 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Does The Bible Endorse Veganism?
Clay
post Aug 18 2007, 06:21 AM
Post #46

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(jene @ Aug 16 2007, 10:36 PM) *
I would still like to know why Jesus ate meat and E.G. White said we can't.

well you just wanna open that can of worms don't ya...... rofl1.gif

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Richard Sherwin
post Aug 18 2007, 10:15 AM
Post #47

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,231

I am thankful that God has given us the choice in this matter. God never commanded anyone to either eat meat nor to be vegetarian. And the church is not making it a test of fellowship, though you would think some of our members are sad.gif Shame on those members who are trying to force their veganism on the rest of us.

Richard

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Aug 18 2007, 06:29 PM
Post #48

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 712

QUOTE(jene @ Aug 16 2007, 11:36 PM) *
I would still like to know why Jesus ate meat and E.G. White said we can't.

Imma still merinate....
snack.gif

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*
PrincessDrRe; March, 2007

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~
PrincessDrRe; September, 2007

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post
beartrap
post Aug 18 2007, 07:48 PM
Post #49

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,659

QUOTE(PrincessDrRe @ Aug 18 2007, 05:29 PM) *
Imma still merinate....
snack.gif

You will? Dear Dr. Re! That is what people do to tenderize and flavour meat. Do you not understand the gravity of what you are doing? Marinating your meaty bits, and such? Oy Vey! As a former Weimartian and... well... more, I feel that it is my solomn duty and obligation to tell you that you are placing yourself at risk for heart disease, arteriosclerosis, stroke, diabetes, dullness of mind, spiritual adultery, and the fires of hell! Repent dear sister, and purchase my book (for only $9.99 plus shipping and handling, and a free set of ginsu knives when you call in the next 15 minutes.) on how to break free from omnivorousness, for in such you shall find salvation from this stumbling block on your path to that golden shore! Do I hear an amen!?!?!

Seriously though, you can purchase a book written by Danny Shelton called "Can Christians eat anything" that will cure you of your vile consumptional habits. It is available from 3ABN or Pacific Press, and in many ABC stores. Put some pennies in Danny's pocket and make your order today, my dear friends!

As to Jesus eating meat, well, don't you think that he was only living up to the light that he had at that time? How could he know that one could walk no longer with God's people it they ate meat? How could he know that leaders (like him) who ate meat could not be trusted? He had not been given that light. (sarcastic satire for those who might think otherwise.)

This post has been edited by beartrap: Aug 18 2007, 07:55 PM

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Aug 18 2007, 07:58 PM
Post #50

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

QUOTE(beartrap @ Aug 18 2007, 09:48 PM) *
(sarcastic satire for those who might think otherwise.)

....that many think is true to the heart.....

....continuing to merinate....

snack.gif

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post
beartrap
post Aug 18 2007, 09:01 PM
Post #51

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(PrincessDrRe @ Aug 18 2007, 06:58 PM) *
....that many think is true to the heart.....

....continuing to merinate....

snack.gif

Oh please my dear lady! Do not merinate! In contemplation is the seed of evil for thou shalt use thine own evil mind unto the verification of such matters as have proven as miraculous...

+Quote Post
lowender
post Aug 18 2007, 09:55 PM
Post #52

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,696

QUOTE(beartrap @ Aug 18 2007, 10:01 PM) *
Oh please my dear lady! Do not merinate! In contemplation is the seed of evil for thou shalt use thine own evil mind unto the verification of such matters as have proven as miraculous...

BEARTRAP!

Are you feelin' OK???

You worry me sometimes...

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Aug 19 2007, 09:12 AM
Post #53

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Bear be okay......

Jes trying to get me started up....but I'm cool. Those of "lesser spirituality" know when they should wait patiently and when they should jump and speak.......

snack.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
beartrap
post Aug 19 2007, 10:32 AM
Post #54

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(lowender @ Aug 18 2007, 08:55 PM) *
BEARTRAP!

Are you feelin' OK???

You worry me sometimes...

Yes Lowender, I am feelin' OK now. I must admit that when I was writing to Dr. Re, I was under the influence of a deep, gnawing hunger. Furthermore, I was being subjected to the aroma rising from a London Broil that had been marinated, rubbed with spices, and was sizzling on my grill. Upon seeing her reference to merinating, a low chuckle emerged from my throat, and my fingers started flying uncontrollably across the keyboard. By the time you so kindly inquired after my health, I was gnawing voraciously on a slab of beef while stuffing grilled pieces of potato, carrots, and asparagus into my starving mouth.

Perhaps the exertion of harnassing some wild Pacific waves, followed by some haunting music from the land of shamrocks and shepherd's pie will complete my cure. Perhaps then my heathenish ways will be forever subjected to the calming influence and mediocrity of the "civilized" side of life.

This post has been edited by beartrap: Aug 19 2007, 11:13 AM

+Quote Post
lowender
post Aug 19 2007, 02:07 PM
Post #55

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,696

QUOTE(beartrap @ Aug 19 2007, 11:32 AM) *
Yes Lowender, I am feelin' OK now. I must admit that when I was writing to Dr. Re, I was under the influence of a deep, gnawing hunger. Furthermore, I was being subjected to the aroma rising from a London Broil that had been marinated, rubbed with spices, and was sizzling on my grill. Upon seeing her reference to merinating, a low chuckle emerged from my throat, and my fingers started flying uncontrollably across the keyboard. By the time you so kindly inquired after my health, I was gnawing voraciously on a slab of beef while stuffing grilled pieces of potato, carrots, and asparagus into my starving mouth.

Perhaps the exertion of harnassing some wild Pacific waves, followed by some haunting music from the land of shamrocks and shepherd's pie will complete my cure. Perhaps then my heathenish ways will be forever subjected to the calming influence and mediocrity of the "civilized" side of life.

That sounds very similar to the plans I have for today... Maybe there will be some hot looking WOMEN there! clap.gif

+Quote Post
beartrap
post Aug 19 2007, 02:27 PM
Post #56

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(lowender @ Aug 19 2007, 01:07 PM) *
That sounds very similar to the plans I have for today... Maybe there will be some hot looking WOMEN there! clap.gif

yes.gif That is a guarantee! Which means that I will be going seriously heathen this evening. spoton.gif

+Quote Post
simplysaved
post Aug 20 2007, 02:41 PM
Post #57

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 830

Yes, historically, mankind was created vegan in Genesis (no meat, because theri was no sin). Flesh eating was not introduced until after the Flood to Noah.

Yes, EGW writings support being a vegan.

No, it is not necessary to be be saved. God gave permission to eat clean floods for necessity. Some theologians debate over whether it was also done to decrease human longevity (which is probably true, IMO). While it is not or may not optimal health for most, some people DO need to eat some meat. Since God never reversed his decision, one has to leave the issue where it is.

Salvation is not about diet....obedience to what God has told us individually and collectively as we claim to accept the sacrifice of Christ is.

QUOTE(lowender @ Aug 14 2007, 12:06 AM) *
Some people practice veganism to be kind to animals. Some practice it for optimal health. Some practice it to protest against big corporations. Some practice it because they believe they can draw closer to God.

Does the Bible support veganism?

Does Ellen White support veganism?

Is veganism a necessary component to being saved?

Let's hear what you think?

--------------------
"No weapon formed against YOU (Sarah--and every Believer/Servant of God) shall prosper and every tongue that rises against you in judgement you will condemn...."--Isaiah 54:17

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Aug 20 2007, 07:13 PM
Post #58

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

snack.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
SoulEspresso
post Aug 22 2007, 08:22 AM
Post #59

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,262

QUOTE(alramwill @ Aug 14 2007, 08:35 PM) *
Maybe a vegan diet makes a person less virile...

I know this is offtopic2.gif, but coffee was recently shown to increase male fertility ...

If you want a laugh (or to be completely taken aback depending on your POV), note that Ellen White wrote in 1894,

I am happy to assure you that as a denomination . . . All are vegetarians, many abstaining wholly from the use of flesh food, while others use it in only the most moderate degree.

But if those aren't enough grenades for you, there's always Romans 14:17 ...

This post has been edited by SoulEspresso: Aug 22 2007, 08:53 AM

--------------------
"The entire world is falling apart because no one will admit they are wrong."
--
Don Miller, Blue Like Jazz.

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Aug 22 2007, 08:36 AM
Post #60

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 15

QUOTE(simplysaved @ Aug 20 2007, 04:41 PM) *
Yes, historically, mankind was created vegan in Genesis (no meat, because theri was no sin). Flesh eating was not introduced until after the Flood to Noah.

And was never rescinded.

Yes, EGW writings support being a vegan.

They support vegetarianism... not veganism... because EGW does not direct us to eschew honey and vegans don't eat honey.

No, it is not necessary to be be saved. God gave permission to eat clean floods for necessity. Some theologians debate over whether it was also done to decrease human longevity (which is probably true, IMO). While it is not or may not optimal health for most, some people DO need to eat some meat. Since God never reversed his decision, one has to leave the issue where it is.

Salvation is not about diet....obedience to what God has told us individually and collectively as we claim to accept the sacrifice of Christ is.

Why would a God who desired a vegan people lead them to a land flowing with milk and honey? Why would the Holy Spirit move the psalmist to say that God's words are sweeter than honey to his mouth... or move the prophet Isaiah to speak prophetically about Christ in Isa 7:14-15 where he says:

Isa 7:14 Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel. 15 Butter and honey shall he eat, that he may know to refuse the evil, and choose the good.

While you are entitled to your opinion, Sarah, it is clear from scripture that God does not share it.

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:23 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church