Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=14965&st=60 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 03:04:34 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

11 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Is The General Conference Afraid Of Blacksda?
YogusBearus
post Aug 24 2007, 03:07 PM
Post #61

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,905

QUOTE(awesumtenor @ Aug 24 2007, 03:35 PM) *
Taliban... definitely Taliban.

In His service,
Mr. J

Scary true Kevin…

I remember talking to one of the conference officials having to deal with the fallout from their billboard campaign. He liked to tell this riddle:

Question: What's worse than a group of delusional, angry, and mean Adventists?

Answer: A group of delusional, angry, and mean Adventists with money!

-bear

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Aletheia
post Aug 24 2007, 03:19 PM
Post #62

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 2,621

QUOTE(Johann @ Aug 24 2007, 04:49 PM) *
Cindy, I'd like you to state who you are referring to, and how you will document they are liberal, and also define what you mean by liberal.

Johann,

I don't think that it is necessary to name names. Those who support the SDA faith and doctrines, are able to recognize one another by what they posts, and well able to identify those among them who continually argue against and attack the fundmental beliefs and prophetic interpretations. They can see how many mock the pillars of the SDA faith and Ellen White as well, or constantly try to undermine our biblical truths whenever they come up in a topic here. It is also fairly obvious to myself that those doing so are for the most part those who flocked here to attack the Three Angel's broadcasting Network.

I've had enough other's say the same thing to me unsolicited, so know I'm not the only one who sees and believes this.

Those who are doing the arguing and trying to change things, know who they are. Those who are accusing 3ABN but who support all the SDA doctrines and faith also know who they are, and so they know I'm not talking about them.

I'm sure those who just read or lurk here are intelligent enough to see all this for themselves also.

If you disagree with that? Ok. I guess you disagree.

~ Aletheia

This post has been edited by Aletheia: Aug 24 2007, 03:22 PM

--------------------
And ye shall not swear by my name falsely, neither shalt thou profane the name of thy God: I am the LORD. .. in righteousness shalt thou judge thy neighbour.

Thou shalt not go up and down as a talebearer among thy people: neither shalt thou stand against the blood of thy neighbour: I am the LORD. Thou shalt not hate thy brother in thine heart: thou shalt in any wise rebuke thy neighbour, and not suffer sin upon him. Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the LORD. Lev 19:12-18

Pro 26:20 Where no wood is, there the fire goeth out: so where there is no talebearer, the strife ceaseth.

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Aug 24 2007, 03:51 PM
Post #63

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

Uh, weren't those Paul's words as he interpreted them from his visions, etc.? Correct me if I am am wrong, but Jesus did not write the Bible. Let's not get it twisted. I don't have a problem with the words, just want to be sure to whom they are directed. Terms such as those were directed at the COI when they wee, indeed, committing spiritual adultery by worshipping sacrificing to to gods of the nations around them.

Secondly, you could have made you point without taking that hateful swipe at anyone. That is why you don't see the billboards as hateful. That type of arrogant, religious elitism is status quo for you. And I know youare not trying to say that Danny call himself some kind of conservaive SDA? Not the one who can't even identify himself or his ministry as such. Gurl please!

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Aug 24 2007, 12:47 PM) *
Anyway I'm quite sure the regular SDA's and conservative or traditionals or historics, or whatever you want to call them will have no problem recognizing Adventist truth, the liberal and new theology SDA's who seem to be the majority of the 3ABN accusers here, are going to freak out and call it hate.

That's not new.

They don't like the words whore, antichrist ,beast etc... They think it's hatefull.

Problem is those are Jesus' words...

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
Johann
post Aug 24 2007, 04:06 PM
Post #64

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Aug 24 2007, 11:19 PM) *
Johann,

I don't think that it is necessary to name names. Those who support the SDA faith and doctrines, are able to recognize one another by what they posts, and well able to identify those among them who continually argue against and attack the fundmental beliefs and prophetic interpretations. They can see how many mock the pillars of the SDA faith and Ellen White as well, or constantly try to undermine our biblical truths whenever they come up in a topic here. It is also fairly obvious to myself that those doing so are for the most part those who flocked here to attack the Three Angel's broadcasting Network.

I've had enough other's say the same thing to me unsolicited, so know I'm not the only one who sees and believes this.

Those who are doing the arguing and trying to change things, know who they are. Those who are accusing 3ABN but who support all the SDA doctrines and faith also know who they are, and so they know I'm not talking about them.

I'm sure those who just read or lurk here are intelligent enough to see all this for themselves also.

~ Aletheia

You have completely avoided my question. Your unfounded statements are no answers.

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
Observer
post Aug 24 2007, 05:16 PM
Post #65

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,664

They don't like the words whore, antichrist ,beast etc... They think it's hatefull.

Those words are not hateful in themself. But, they may be used in a hateful manner, as may many other words.

--------------------
Gregory Matthews posts here under the name "Observer."

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Aug 24 2007, 05:35 PM
Post #66

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 15

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Aug 24 2007, 03:36 PM) *
Yeah, as above but I myself didn't consider the billboard as hateful.

You also considered yourself giving Linda "all the benefit of the doubt"...

yeeeeeeah... that'll convince people...

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
LaurenceD
post Aug 24 2007, 06:07 PM
Post #67

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,035

They can see how many mock the pillars of the SDA faith and Ellen White as well, or constantly try to undermine our biblical truths whenever they come up in a topic here. It is also fairly obvious to myself that those doing so are for the most part those who flocked here to attack the Three Angel's broadcasting Network.

Remember anything about "Present Truth" from a few days ago?

I suppose those who have a Present Truth understanding of the age of this earth are part of the crowd who undermines one of those SDA pillars, or a fundamental belief of our denomination...that the earth is only 6000 years old--as supported by EGW.

Don't look, because you may not want to see the Roman Catholic Church when you look in the mirror, but it took hundreds of years for those Historic Fundamental Preservationists to advance to the Present Truth of Galileo. And now, with Ice Cores dating the earth hundreds of thousands of years older than 6000 years--the earth having climates, volcanoe ash, snowfall, pollen, hydrgen, oxygen all trapped in annual growth rings in ice--as clear as growth rings in any tree--Present Truth is leaving many of today's Historic Fundamentalists to wander in the darkness of their own self-inflicted wilderness.

Same with many other beliefs, perhaps even 1844, etc. It may take another 500 years for some to let go. The key is knowing when mistakes have been made by well meaning people, and to forgive them for doing their math backwards...which is about the only way some know how to use prophecy--by looking back. We live in a time of unequaled opportunity. Ignorance is almost a sin.

Again, don't look at this 5" cylinder of ice showing unmistakable annual groth rings...adding up to over 100,000 years...

...or this storage bin where thousands of feet of cores are being preserved for Climatologists...
http://arcimaging.org/AtaturkUniversity/US...reLab200110.jpg

Just stay with the flat earth crowd...it's safe that way.

--------------------
Disclaimer Notice: You are hereby cautioned that the information contained within these posts are for the sole purpose of provoking thought, adding fair comment on matters of public interest, and not providing factual information. These posts do not reflect the actual thoughts or intentions of the person writing under this username since said person is not in any position to know. No effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of any personal view, opinion, or hyperbole presented. Therefore, by disclosing, copying, or distributing these posts to others, such information must subsequently be confirmed in writing, signed and dated, by the actual person, or persons, posting behind username LaurenceD.

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Aug 24 2007, 06:19 PM
Post #68

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Aug 24 2007, 11:46 AM) *
All the info? It was a billboard. As far as I know there are only 2.

Here you go.

Aletheia,

Thank you so much for bringing these pictures in. Do you know what the lettering at the bottom of the second one says?

PB

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
lurker
post Aug 24 2007, 06:24 PM
Post #69

Advanced Member

Member No.: 676

I'm not afraid of being thought to be gullible, unscientific, or whatever opinion anyone wants to have of my mindset. I am not what you probably would call a historic Seventh-day Adventist. I do believe in the 6,000 year age of the earth, however. I believe there are other explantions for some of the "evidence" to the contrary.

This post has been edited by lurker: Aug 24 2007, 06:27 PM

+Quote Post
LaurenceD
post Aug 24 2007, 06:33 PM
Post #70

500 + posts
Group Icon

Good edit, lurker! I was wondering about that 6000 year old church!

Personally, I think that science counts growth rings better, and the church counts the genealogies of the bible better--faith is a wonderful thing when used properly.

--------------------
Disclaimer Notice: You are hereby cautioned that the information contained within these posts are for the sole purpose of provoking thought, adding fair comment on matters of public interest, and not providing factual information. These posts do not reflect the actual thoughts or intentions of the person writing under this username since said person is not in any position to know. No effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of any personal view, opinion, or hyperbole presented. Therefore, by disclosing, copying, or distributing these posts to others, such information must subsequently be confirmed in writing, signed and dated, by the actual person, or persons, posting behind username LaurenceD.

+Quote Post
lurker
post Aug 24 2007, 07:08 PM
Post #71

Advanced Member

Member No.: 676

Yeah, I was afraid you were going to quote my "6,000 year old church typo" before I got it edited. My brain and my fingers seem to get disconnected sometimes.

+Quote Post
LaurenceD
post Aug 24 2007, 07:18 PM
Post #72

500 + posts
Group Icon

The brain-fingers disconnect doesn't bother me, lurker, it's the way some people's words don't connect to their eyes that bothers me. Ever notice that? (hehe...couldn't help myself with that one)

--------------------

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Aug 24 2007, 07:35 PM
Post #73

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

Gurl please! You cannot be talking about 3ABN who don't even identify themselves as SDA, at all.

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Aug 24 2007, 02:19 PM) *
Johann,

~ Aletheia

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
Rosyroi
post Aug 24 2007, 09:39 PM
Post #74

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,536

Alethia posted....

" It is also fairly obvious to myself that those doing so are for the most part those who flocked here to attack the Three Angel's broadcasting Network. "

Thanks for clarifying that for me. I had no idea I flocked here. blink.gif Good to know.

As a flockee I have a few things to say,

I as a flockee want to state that I have never attacked the "Three Angel's Boradcasing Network". I have never seen any other flockees attacking 3ABN either. I have witnessed flockees praying over the internal problems of 3ABN that Admin and family are involved in. These flockees sometimes experience sleepless nights over the troubles they see 3ABN involved in.

I see flockee's who had been attacked by Admin or henchmen from 3ABN and have flocked in here for safety and comfort since they were the victims of Admin.I see flockees who warn the rest of us what 3ABN Admin has done and are doing to the flocked victims.

All are welcome to flock in BSDA forums whether Admin of 3ABN or dannyclones, or victims or those who wanted answers or even wanted to lurk without the benefit of flocking benefits.

This lone rose flocked on in here looking for answers that the admin at 3ABN were either hiding, lying about or being decietful about. Just like everyone else who flocked in here. I see you flocked in here too.

Flocking must be contagious. biggrin.gif Happy Flocking.

JMHO

Rosyroi

This post has been edited by Rosyroi: Aug 24 2007, 09:49 PM

--------------------

"Joy, Love, Peace, Long Suffering, Gentleness, Goodness, Faith, Meekness, and Self Control are what being full of the Holy Spirit is all about." Galations 5.

"Don't waste your time waiting and longing for large opportunities which may never come, but faitfully handle the little things that are always claiming your attention..." F.B. Meyers

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B. 2007

"For GOD so LOVED you and me..." John 3:16

"I believe that there is a devil, and here's Satan's agenda. First, he doesn't want anyone having kids. Secondly, if they do conceive, he wants them killed.
If they're not killed through abortion, he wants them neglected or abused physically, emotionally, sexually...One way or another, the legions of hell want to destroy children because children become the future adults and leaders. If they (legions) can warp or wound a child, he or she becomes a warped or wounded adult who passes on this affliction to the next generation". -Terry Randall in TIME Magazine, October 21, 1991

+Quote Post
SoulEspresso
post Aug 24 2007, 09:51 PM
Post #75

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,262

QUOTE(mikell @ Aug 24 2007, 09:41 AM) *
I think the word "Saved" needs to be biblically defined here.

Again, the word "saved" needs to be brought back to biblical definition, and to stay away how Babylon defines the word. When they define the word "saved" to mean to receive "God's gift of eternal life," they are outright attacking God's Ten Commandments, period! Do we Adventists want to be like them?

Well, perhaps we ought to back up and define sin. Perhaps righteousness could use a good Bible definition--what does it mean to be righteous, or justified, before God? ... And Babylon for that matter--but then we're getting into apocalyptic ...

But while we're at it, let me ask this: did Martin Luther get the biblical concept of justification right or wrong?

This post has been edited by SoulEspresso: Aug 24 2007, 09:55 PM

--------------------
"The entire world is falling apart because no one will admit they are wrong."
--
Don Miller, Blue Like Jazz.

+Quote Post

11 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 02:04 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church