Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=14965&st=90 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 03:04:37 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

11 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Is The General Conference Afraid Of Blacksda?
Aletheia
post Aug 25 2007, 04:06 PM
Post #91

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 2,621

QUOTE(watchbird @ Aug 25 2007, 09:31 AM) *
What I'm wondering is why Cindy is making this much todo over the SDA denomination and their doctrines when, if my understanding is correct, she herself is not a member of said denomination...

I am making a big deal as you put it, because no error or sin is harmless, and when Satan and is at war with the remnant seed of the woman who keep the commanmdents of God and the testimony of Jesus, and God flat out said to Satan in Gen that there would be emnity between Satan and his seed and the woman and her seed,...

And then you see a pack of people who are at war with the SDA doctrines and beliefs about the Law and the prophesies, and the all find fault with a SDA ministry, then rational people should question why, even though they claim they are just being righteous in doing so. (what else are they supposed to believe and claim?)

BUT-- where would you have gotten any information about me at all, and why?

You don't know me. I don't know you, I have never talked to you whether publiclly or privately and I have shared NOTHING like this warped view you are presenting, and certainly I have never said anything publicaly, remotely resembling this..

As no administrator has seen fit to say or do anything here on their own, I'm going to answer you.

I value my privacy, and I value yours, and that of others . You obviously do not share my views about privacy being a individuals right. I find fault with you and what you write here publicly because of that, and I am angry. IT STINKS.

That is a major difference between the accusers of 3BN and the defenders.

The critics and accusers value no one's privacy, they expose people's identities, private e-mails, write about things which aren't public knowledge,drag up everything and anything, to discredit any they oppose and think the end justifies the means. And then have the unmitigated gall to claime the defenders just attack the messenger cause they have no defense.

You don't find the defenders doing that. Even when they know who you are! they don't reveal that to others publicly, they don't drag in your dirty laundry, your past, or anything personal about you to put you on the spot or discredit you. Because they have a working conscience, and know what ""do unto others as you would have them do unto you means.. And unlike you, and despite the fact they vehemently and strongly disagree with your views and opinions, they respect your privacy and your rights and do not think the end ever justifies the means.

but of an independent church which is.... well... what is it, Cindy... does it consider itself an offshoot of the SDA denomination... or an independent organization on the fringe of Adventism.... or as a "reform movement"... from either within or along-side-of the official orgainization.. or "other"?

I am a second generation SDA, raised and baptised in the SDA Church. After some backslidden years and some serious doubts and searching, I threw out all and went to my bible alone to find out what God wanted me to know and believe, and what he said. I then read Ellen White's writings and discovered she taught exactly as I had learned from my Bible and my Savior, and consistantly pointed at that standard. so I firmly believed she was the Lord's messenger. I am a historic SDA in that I believe exactly as the Pioneers and the Lord's messenger aught and proclaimed and know without a doubt it is God's truth. The result? I became a SDA for the 2nd time by conviction and through prayer and study. I was also re baptised.

After moving halfway across the country I began to attend a home Church. It is independant- meaning not registered within the conference. I did not leave the SDA Church to do so, but believe the local Church in my area has. As I previously posted I judge churches individually, as in whether they hear the word of God and do it.

All the why's and wherefores are none of your's or anyone elses business, nor are the people involved, whether in the local Conference Church or the home Church.

It would, I think, help us to relate more accurately and understandingly to your comments in doctrinal areas if we knew more about your own convictions in those areas... and those of your pastor and his congregations.

Let me be blunt, your claims are nothing but d**g to me. You don't want to understand me or my own convictions you don't give a fig about me or any of the above, and can't convince me otherwise. If you ca't understand that just look at your history and what you have said about and to me in these forums.

They ( being my Pastor, former pastor or any congregation I have belonged to,or been affiliated with) are not going to be dragged under a microscope and searched for flaws nor discussed and criticized nor disected publicly and made public fodderwhether I agree with them or not, not by you nor any other, if I have any say so about it. I despise and abhor how you have all done this to any and all at 3ABN or associated with them, but I and those who have been associated with myself are by no stretch of the imagination public figures, (and nor may I add was FHB!)

. So give it up! and BACk UP OFF ME, and THEM! furious.gif

Also.. one more question.... How formally is your church affiliated with The Historic Adventist Church? by which I mean the one which we are seeing on Google when we use that as a search criteria. I don't mean merely as the phrase "historic Adventism" is used to describe how the SDA church has developed through history.

I already answered about who I fellowship with, in as much detail as I am ever going to give
I don't know what you are all talking about when it comes to another denomination or organization. I know nothing about any such thing, and do not believe one exists. I do not agree with anyone who plans on, or talks about creating such. They are free to do so, I will not be with them.

As far as I am concerned the SDA faith and doctrines are God's truth and those who believe and follow and proclaim that are SDA's. They can do so in a conference Church or someones home. I really don't care. Ok?

Thank you in advance for answering these questions and thus clearing up any confusion we have as to whether you speak from within the SDA church as a member of one of the "sisterhood of SDA churches" as the various SDA Conference churches are called.... or if you speak as one who is not happy with the direction the SDA church as a whole is going at present so have affiliated yourself with some other local church group.

I speak as an individual, only, and try to be clear what I say about that. All the other is your interest and I consider it offbase and misguided.

I do not agree with the leadership always, and may disgree with them alot, I may even disagree with other SDA's or Churches as a whole, but in my mind those in error or sin don't define the Church. Those who keep the commandments of God and the testimony of jesus Christ, because they have the faith of Jesus are moving along in the right direction just fine as far as I am concerned.

I'm done with this subject, and don't plan on discussing it further, and do plan on strongly complaining if you or any other starts trying to dig further into my personal life, or any others here.

MY WORD ON IT.

edited to fix quoteboxes...

This post has been edited by Clay: Aug 25 2007, 05:12 PM

--------------------
And ye shall not swear by my name falsely, neither shalt thou profane the name of thy God: I am the LORD. .. in righteousness shalt thou judge thy neighbour.

Thou shalt not go up and down as a talebearer among thy people: neither shalt thou stand against the blood of thy neighbour: I am the LORD. Thou shalt not hate thy brother in thine heart: thou shalt in any wise rebuke thy neighbour, and not suffer sin upon him. Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the LORD. Lev 19:12-18

Pro 26:20 Where no wood is, there the fire goeth out: so where there is no talebearer, the strife ceaseth.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ex3ABNemployee
post Aug 25 2007, 04:41 PM
Post #92

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,722

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Aug 25 2007, 05:06 PM) *
Let me be blunt, your claims are nothing but d**g to me. You don't want to understand me or my own convictions you don't give a fig about me or any of the above, and can't convince me otherwise.

They ( being my Pastor, former pastor or any congregation I have belonged to,or been affiliated with) are not going to be dragged under a microscope and searched for flaws nor discussed and criticized nor disected publicly and made public fodderwhether I agree with them or not, not by you nor any other, if I have any say so about it.

Hmmm....what goes around, comes around.

Doesn't feel too good, huh?

This post has been edited by Clay: Aug 25 2007, 05:13 PM

--------------------
Duane Clem

It's not about religion, it's about a relationship.

Gems of Wisdom
"Lisa and Ronda are not Danny's biological father." -- wwjd, 2/8/07
"Watchbird, The facts prove the above lie." -- wwjd, 2/13/07
"Another lie that can be proven..." -- Bystander, 3/18/07
"The thing about lies is they can be proven." -- Aletheia, 3/22/07
"I am not here to argue" -- Aletheia, 4/24/07
"She didn't move to 3ABN, she moved to Illinois" -- Aletheia, 4/25/07
"Hope is liberal. 3abn is not." -- steffan, 6/9/07
"Danny Shelton does not decide what goes on the air, period." -- appletree, 8/22/07

http://www.save-3abn.com/
http://www.investigating3abn.info/
http://rescue3abn.blog.com/
http://www.abundantrest.org/?p=74
http://abundantrest.org/2007/02/18/3abn-sa...ons-retirement/
http://anewsabbathschool.blogspot.com/2006...ain-wrecks.html
http://cafesda.blogspot.com/2006/08/atoday...bn-news_21.html
http://www.atoday.com/email/2007/02/12/
http://spectrummagazine.typepad.com/the_sp...eans_and_e.html

+Quote Post
Johann
post Aug 25 2007, 04:50 PM
Post #93

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(ex3ABNemployee @ Aug 26 2007, 12:41 AM) *

When truth uncovers you it does not make you feel well dressed and groomed.

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
Aletheia
post Aug 25 2007, 04:54 PM
Post #94

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(ex3ABNemployee @ Aug 25 2007, 06:41 PM) *
...They ( being my Pastor, former pastor or any congregation I have belonged to,or been affiliated with) are not going to be dragged under a microscope and searched for flaws nor discussed and criticized nor disected publicly and made public fodderwhether I agree with them or not, not by you nor any other, if I have any say so about it.

Duane.

Apples and oranges.

You drug up your own dirty laundry and threw it on the internet and out in the public. You exposed Tommy, Your Pastor, and publically accused him. He didn't do that, you did. You also exposed yourself, on internet discussion groups, no one else did that!

Then you whine and cry and don't want anyone to question you, or discuss what you made public. And claim if anyone questions you or your claims that it's not fair and you are being persecuted, and people are calling you a liar.

Then you come along and write this as if it is the same thing...

Give me a break!

This post has been edited by Aletheia: Aug 25 2007, 04:59 PM

--------------------
And ye shall not swear by my name falsely, neither shalt thou profane the name of thy God: I am the LORD. .. in righteousness shalt thou judge thy neighbour.

Thou shalt not go up and down as a talebearer among thy people: neither shalt thou stand against the blood of thy neighbour: I am the LORD. Thou shalt not hate thy brother in thine heart: thou shalt in any wise rebuke thy neighbour, and not suffer sin upon him. Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the LORD. Lev 19:12-18

Pro 26:20 Where no wood is, there the fire goeth out: so where there is no talebearer, the strife ceaseth.

+Quote Post
Artiste
post Aug 25 2007, 04:58 PM
Post #95

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,569

QUOTE(erik @ Aug 24 2007, 09:16 PM) *
Aletheia,

I am very conservative SDA, and i am very trouble by the news coming out of 3abn.

Erik

Thank you Erik, and I am a conservative SDA also with the same concerns.

+Quote Post
Clay
post Aug 25 2007, 05:09 PM
Post #96

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

Aletheia stated
As no administrator has seen fit to say or do anything here on their own, I'm going to answer you.

AHO:
There was nothing to be done IMO. There was no effort to reveal your identity, and if you felt that was the case, you should have utilized the report feature as you have in the past....Lastly please refrain from referring to human or animal excrement when posting. Thank you.

AHOFF:

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
Seraphim7
post Aug 25 2007, 05:09 PM
Post #97

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 6

QUOTE(ex3ABNemployee @ Aug 25 2007, 06:41 PM) *

I'm wondering if the song "Cry 96 Tears" should be bumped up. msn-cry.gif

--------------------
WELCOME to BlackSDA from seraph|m, a BSDA Charter member.
Please Join us in The Married Forum and/or Sabbath School Lesson Study forums.

Then, come join us here, Live Chat Lesson Study ,for our Friday night study @ 8pm CST/9pm EST. The lesson can be found at Sabbath School Network (SSNET)

Motto- "Weapons of Mass Distraction, Have No Place Here. " "Qui tacet consentire videtur,"
Are not official staff mottos and are not endorsed by BSDA Management.

+Quote Post
Clay
post Aug 25 2007, 05:14 PM
Post #98

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

AHO:
Gloating not needed.... back on topic or topic will be closed.....thank you.....

AHOFF:

--------------------

+Quote Post
Aletheia
post Aug 25 2007, 05:18 PM
Post #99

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Artiste @ Aug 25 2007, 06:58 PM) *
Thank you Erik, and I am a conservative SDA also with the same concerns.

Eric does have a history of posts on doctrinal issues and prophecy, which I have witnessed myself in another group, to support his claim.

--------------------

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Aug 25 2007, 06:10 PM
Post #100

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 47

The simple issue is this, Cindy. You were here for the last couple of days ranting and raving about the "true" adventist, as well as defending 3ABN's stance in being non denominational as really being equal to being SDA. However, neither you or 3ABN are even trying to be affiliated with the "official" SDA denom(GC). You by your own admission attend a home church that is not affiliated with the church and 3ABN calls themselves Non denominational with a non denominational message. You can credibly argue anything as far as who is or is not true SDA. Why isn't your home church part of the sisterhood of SDA churches, BTW?

Now, you got all up in arms because WB made the reference but it was not a lie. It does, however, make all of your arguments about true Adventist doctrine, etc. null and void. So I do understand you frustration, you are yet and stil without credibility in yet one more area. Aint' nobody mad at you for your church affiliation, or lack thereof(in fact, you might get alittle respect from Clay who tinks the future should be home churches), however, you cannot argue or defend something that you yourself dont[ believe in and are purposely not a part of.

Also, you are not truth with that stuff about respecting other's privacy. You and the others have called sister "Linda" on so many ocassions I can't count them( and stil imply it whenever posssible), but you did it until Calvin threatened to suspend those who try to reveal real identites. So I think there has been enough of that on both sides, so cut the drama and the lies.

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Aug 25 2007, 03:06 PM) *
You don't find the defenders doing that. Even when they know who you are! they don't reveal that to others publicly, they don't drag in your dirty laundry, your past, or anything personal about you to put you on the spot or discredit you. Because they have a working conscience, and know what ""do unto others as you would have them do unto you means.. And unlike you, and despite the fact they vehemently and strongly disagree with your views and opinions, they respect your privacy and your rights and do not think the end ever justifies the means.
I am a second generation SDA, raised and baptised in the SDA Church. After some backslidden years and some serious doubts and searching, I threw out all and went to my bible alone to find out what God wanted me to know and believe, and what he said. I then read Ellen White's writings and discovered she taught exactly as I had learned from my Bible and my Savior, and consistantly pointed at that standard. so I firmly believed she was the Lord's messenger. I am a historic SDA in that I believe exactly as the Pioneers and the Lord's messenger aught and proclaimed and know without a doubt it is God's truth. The result? I became a SDA for the 2nd time by conviction and through prayer and study. I was also re baptised.

After moving halfway across the country I began to attend a home Church. It is independant- meaning not registered within the conference. I did not leave the SDA Church to do so, but believe the local Church in my area has. As I previously posted I judge churches individually, as in whether they hear the word of God and do it.

All the why's and wherefores are none of your's or anyone elses business, nor are the people involved, whether in the local Conference Church or the home Church.
Let me be blunt, your claims are nothing but d**g to me. You don't want to understand me or my own convictions you don't give a fig about me or any of the above, and can't convince me otherwise. If you ca't understand that just look at your history and what you have said about and to me in these forums.

They ( being my Pastor, former pastor or any congregation I have belonged to,or been affiliated with) are not going to be dragged under a microscope and searched for flaws nor discussed and criticized nor disected publicly and made public fodderwhether I agree with them or not, not by you nor any other, if I have any say so about it. I despise and abhor how you have all done this to any and all at 3ABN or associated with them, but I and those who have been associated with myself are by no stretch of the imagination public figures, (and nor may I add was FHB!)
I already answered about who I fellowship with, in as much detail as I am ever going to give
I don't know what you are all talking about when it comes to another denomination or organization. I know nothing about any such thing, and do not believe one exists. I do not agree with anyone who plans on, or talks about creating such. They are free to do so, I will not be with them.

As far as I am concerned the SDA faith and doctrines are God's truth and those who believe and follow and proclaim that are SDA's. They can do so in a conference Church or someones home. I really don't care. Ok?
I speak as an individual, only, and try to be clear what I say about that. All the other is your interest and I consider it offbase and misguided.

I do not agree with the leadership always, and may disgree with them alot, I may even disagree with other SDA's or Churches as a whole, but in my mind those in error or sin don't define the Church. Those who keep the commandments of God and the testimony of jesus Christ, because they have the faith of Jesus are moving along in the right direction just fine as far as I am concerned.

I'm done with this subject, and don't plan on discussing it further, and do plan on strongly complaining if you or any other starts trying to dig further into my personal life, or any others here.

MY WORD ON IT.
edited to fix quoteboxes...

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
mikell
post Aug 25 2007, 07:01 PM
Post #101

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,546

Is things getting heated here? Does anyone have any marshmallows? smile.gif

This post has been edited by mikell: Aug 25 2007, 07:02 PM

+Quote Post
Clay
post Aug 25 2007, 07:03 PM
Post #102

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

still off topic... thread closed for now..... maybe will reopen tomorrow....

--------------------

+Quote Post
calvin
post Aug 25 2007, 09:25 PM
Post #103

site admin
Group Icon

Group: Owner
Member No.: 1

We don't check your baptismal certificate at the door as a requirement for membership here. Everyone I believe is very aware that all faiths are welcome here...and as Aletheia noted it is private unless by your own admission you express your denomination affiliation or believes. That puts it in play for all to comment and question. Here Aletheia is your quote to which Watchbird I believe was commenting on. You opened this floodgate.

For everyone's information, when you click the report button, the PM is sent to me, Di and Clay. Anyone of us can reply and they speak for me.

+Quote Post
calvin
post Aug 25 2007, 11:22 PM
Post #104

site admin
Group Icon

Group: Owner
Member No.: 1

I stand corrected. The statement I quoted from Aletheia above was her response to Watchbird's post from the morning (see below) and not the other way around. I won’t take the time to research if Aletheia had revealed this information earlier, she said she had not. So Watchbird the proof is on you. In the meant time Watchbird you are suspended for 30 days for your little fishing expedition.

What I'm wondering is why Cindy is making this much todo over the SDA denomination and their doctrines when, if my understanding is correct, she herself is not a member of said denomination... but of an independent church which is.... well... what is it, Cindy... does it consider itself an offshoot of the SDA denomination... or an independent organization on the fringe of Adventism.... or as a "reform movement"... from either within or along-side-of the official orgainization.. or "other"?

+Quote Post
Clay
post Aug 27 2007, 12:19 PM
Post #105

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

The OP made this comment.....

It has been suggested to me that changing the name would impede the function of search engines. "BlackSDA" in many circles has become synonymous with "information source for 3ABN issues".

Does the General Conference have some reason to want to suppress this information?

Since it has been decided that we are sticking with the name BlackSDA, is the question above still relevant?

please stay on topic... thank you.....

--------------------

+Quote Post

11 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 02:04 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church