Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=15137&st=165 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 03:04:59 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

12 Pages V  « < 10 11 12  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> New 3abn President, Jim Gilley
Johann
post Sep 5 2007, 02:39 PM
Post #166

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(lowender @ Sep 5 2007, 06:24 AM) *
I've heard from a source that 3abn is currently broke. So broke that Danny can't use his jet. H?as anyone else heard this?

Are people working for 3ABN wondering when they get their next paycheck?

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Artiste
post Sep 5 2007, 04:56 PM
Post #167

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,569

QUOTE(princessdi @ Aug 31 2007, 04:13 PM) *

I just asked the question because, I too, am confused. I don't know the man who has been chosen to be the new president. I know they needed to get somebody besides Danny, and that part I am sure is a step int he right direction, how far, remains to be seen, but still it is a step. I guess I am just disturbed at this thing with 3ABN not aligning themselves with the church to which they are so closely affiliated. There could even be a good reason for it. I think I read something where they may have described themselves that way in order not to implicate the church in anyway in the legalities of suing another Adventist. I can even take that as an explanation. However, that explanation is not being given by none of Danny's supporters. Instead they are saying that the SDA message is a nondenominational message.

From Savedthru3abn.org, "Miracle of 3ABN" page:

..."Our church growth has exploded in the last twenty years. Elder Gilley attributes the impact of 3ABN's worldwide network as one of the main reasons for this growth!
Since 1997, 3ABN has enjoyed a formal working agreement with the General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists to support each other in proclaiming the gospel of Jesus Christ to the whole world. Our network is accepted as a supporting ministry of the Seventh-day Adventist Church."

This post has been edited by Artiste: Sep 5 2007, 05:18 PM

+Quote Post
Ozzie
post Sep 5 2007, 05:23 PM
Post #168

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,395

QUOTE(Artiste @ Sep 6 2007, 08:56 AM) *
From SavedThru3ABN.org, "Miracle of 3ABN" page:

..."Our church growth has exploded in the last twenty years. Elder Gilley attributes the impact of 3ABN's worldwide network as one of the main reasons for this growth!
Since 1997, 3ABN has enjoyed a formal working agreement with the General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists to support each other in proclaiming the gospel of Jesus Christ to the whole world. Our network is accepted as a supporting ministry of the Seventh-day Adventist Church."

Now, I really am confused. 3ABN advises in legal documents, that they are not affilated with ANY denomination, yet Elder Gilley attributes 3ABN's success to being a supporting ministy of the Seventh-day Adventist Church. Does someone need to explain to the gentleman, that he's got it all wrong, according to what they have plainly stated in their court documents? unsure.gif scratchchin.gif dunno.gif

--------------------
"It's important that people know what you stand for. It's equally important that they know what you won't stand for."
~ Mary Waldrop.

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Sep 5 2007, 06:06 PM
Post #169

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

Now, now, did you not see where either appletree or FHB said that 3ABN put that in the court papers to spare the church any embarrassment or liability in the present court case? They were looking out for the church they love soooo much! I had to apologize for missing this one. Here is the link supplied to me by FHB regarding this statement:

Reason For Non Denomination Designation In Court Papers

However, they are also arguing that the message that 3ABN and the Adventist church preaches is non denominational, because it is not just for Adventist, but for the world. Now, you can take you pick from those two explanations.

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post

12 Pages V  « < 10 11 12
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 02:05 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church