Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=15137&st=150 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 03:05:14 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

12 Pages V  « < 9 10 11 12 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> New 3abn President, Jim Gilley
Rosyroi
post Sep 4 2007, 10:11 PM
Post #151

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,536

QUOTE(princessdi @ Sep 4 2007, 08:32 PM) *
I don't know about ASI( even though with all I have heard from other's and reading their own info on their site, they do remind me of the pseudo-religious groups in the Frank Perretti books) or Jim Gilley, but about Doug Bachelor and AF, what stands out are the words, "now merger". After all the dreams and visions,a nd magazine cover, and contrary to Danny's inferrence that it was a done deal, we have no merger. now, it wasn't all somebody thought it was cracked up to be. Not saying it was either one in particular.

Perhaps, Coindy, you can enlighten us on why the merger didn't go through? I am curious, and very serious. I was really leaning toward that thought that they could not reconcile AF still being under the control of the church through NCC, and 3ABN being totally independent, even claiming being non denominational at this point. The merger owuld have required one to change the affiliation, as it were. I kind of felt that might be a sticking point. didnt' see Danny giving control of 3ABN over to anyone,a nd I didnt' see AF coming from under the chur's umbrella. Even, though I do believe that Danny thougth since he initiated the move, he would be able to set more of the ground rules. Therfore, not really anyone's fault just mutally could not come to a conclusion. Am I close?

I agree with you about not merging between AF and 3ABN.

IMHO

Rosyroi

--------------------

"Joy, Love, Peace, Long Suffering, Gentleness, Goodness, Faith, Meekness, and Self Control are what being full of the Holy Spirit is all about." Galations 5.

"Don't waste your time waiting and longing for large opportunities which may never come, but faitfully handle the little things that are always claiming your attention..." F.B. Meyers

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B. 2007

"For GOD so LOVED you and me..." John 3:16

"I believe that there is a devil, and here's Satan's agenda. First, he doesn't want anyone having kids. Secondly, if they do conceive, he wants them killed.
If they're not killed through abortion, he wants them neglected or abused physically, emotionally, sexually...One way or another, the legions of hell want to destroy children because children become the future adults and leaders. If they (legions) can warp or wound a child, he or she becomes a warped or wounded adult who passes on this affliction to the next generation". -Terry Randall in TIME Magazine, October 21, 1991
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
lowender
post Sep 4 2007, 10:24 PM
Post #152

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,696

I've heard from a source that 3abn is currently broke. So broke that Danny can't use his jet. Has anyone else heard this?

+Quote Post
Rosyroi
post Sep 4 2007, 10:27 PM
Post #153

Advanced Member

QUOTE(lowender @ Sep 4 2007, 09:24 PM) *
I've heard from a source that 3abn is currently broke. So broke that Danny can't use his jet. Has anyone else heard this?

Now don't know about Danny being broke, but...

Why Bro lowender, didn't you read? Honest Mollie stated emphatically that there was NO jet. Now how can Danny boy use his jet if that jet don't exist? blink.gif

JMHO

Rosyroi

This post has been edited by Rosyroi: Sep 4 2007, 10:30 PM

--------------------

"Joy, Love, Peace, Long Suffering, Gentleness, Goodness, Faith, Meekness, and Self Control are what being full of the Holy Spirit is all about." Galations 5.

"Don't waste your time waiting and longing for large opportunities which may never come, but faitfully handle the little things that are always claiming your attention..." F.B. Meyers

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B. 2007

"I believe that there is a devil, and here's Satan's agenda. First, he doesn't want anyone having kids. Secondly, if they do conceive, he wants them killed.
If they're not killed through abortion, he wants them neglected or abused physically, emotionally, sexually...One way or another, the legions of hell want to destroy children because children become the future adults and leaders. If they (legions) can warp or wound a child, he or she becomes a warped or wounded adult who passes on this affliction to the next generation". -Terry Randall in TIME Magazine, October 21, 1991

+Quote Post
lowender
post Sep 4 2007, 10:30 PM
Post #154

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Rosyroi @ Sep 4 2007, 11:27 PM) *
Why Bro lowender, didn't you read? Honest Mollie stated emphatically that there was NO jet. Now how can Danny boy use his jet if that jet don't exist? blink.gif

JMHO

Rosyroi

Maybe Mollie had a vision that there was no jet?

+Quote Post
Rosyroi
post Sep 4 2007, 10:44 PM
Post #155

Advanced Member

QUOTE(lowender @ Sep 4 2007, 09:30 PM) *
Maybe Mollie had a vision that there was no jet?

Aww do you mean like those visions and dreams those wonderful folk right there on world wide television all fessing to each other and praisin' the Lawd when they talked about that there done deal merger between 3ABN and AF? Wow! You may just be on to somethin' there bro lowender. That gotta be it!!!

JMHO

Rosyroi

--------------------

+Quote Post
lowender
post Sep 4 2007, 10:52 PM
Post #156

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Rosyroi @ Sep 4 2007, 11:44 PM) *
Aww do you mean like those visions and dreams those wonderful folk right there on world wide television all fessing to each other and praisin' the Lawd when they talked about that there done deal merger between 3ABN and AF? Wow! You may just be on to somethin' there bro lowender. That gotta be it!!!

JMHO

Rosyroi
RosyRoi... Those are the visions I mean... Those "sincere" ones...

Well, I am sure that Danny isn't broke... He'll pay himself first. But what I did hear is that 3ABN is currently broke. An honest source filled me in on this one... Has anyone else heard of this?

+Quote Post
Rosyroi
post Sep 4 2007, 11:02 PM
Post #157

Advanced Member

QUOTE(lowender @ Sep 4 2007, 09:52 PM) *
RosyRoi... Those are the visions I mean... Those "sincere" ones...

Well, I am sure that Danny isn't broke... He'll pay himself first. But what I did hear is that 3ABN is currently broke. An honest source filled me in on this one... Has anyone else heard of this?

"sincere" of course blink.gif
Isen't the new prez supposed to be taking care of business and turn this loser around to become a winner again?

Not trying to say 3ABN is a loser just that it is appearing to be going that direction. Appletree... any insight? comment?
JMHO

Rosyroi

This post has been edited by Rosyroi: Sep 4 2007, 11:04 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
lowender
post Sep 5 2007, 12:26 AM
Post #158

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Rosyroi @ Sep 5 2007, 12:02 AM) *
"sincere" of course blink.gif
Isen't the new prez supposed to be taking care of business and turn this loser around to become a winner again?

Not trying to say 3ABN is a loser just that it is appearing to be going that direction. Appletree... any insight? comment?
JMHO

Rosyroi

I feel bad for this new 3ABN president... He'll be much like the Queen of England. Pomp & ceremony with no power whatsoever. How could he change anything with Danny Shelton looking over his shoulder? How could he successfully audit the finances of this operation? How could he investigate allegations against Tommy Shelton with Danny there? How could he stop paying Danny's daughter as the only paid singer at 3ABN?

Nothing will change until Danny is gone, permanently...

+Quote Post
beartrap
post Sep 5 2007, 02:20 AM
Post #159

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,659

QUOTE(appletree @ Sep 3 2007, 09:15 PM) *
Beartrap, I have watched you for many months. Even though one definitely knows what side you are on, you have been very careful in how you word your posts. Lately you have done just the opposite. As in the above, calling Danny and 3abn liars. Could it be that Pickle's and Joy's claims of financial settlements have tempted you to go against your better judgement and make rash accusations stated as fact? Since they have proven time and again to be, less than credible, maybe you would be safer to curb your allegations lest your statements come back to bite you in the...well, you know.

OK Appletree, I will take your "advice" and curb my allegations. Yet, I would like to see your definitive statement that 3ABN has absolutely no affiliation whatsoever with any denomination. Have all of the denominational affiliations that I knew of been dissolved?

Thank you!

This post has been edited by beartrap: Sep 5 2007, 08:41 AM

+Quote Post
SoulEspresso
post Sep 5 2007, 07:51 AM
Post #160

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,262

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Sep 4 2007, 07:41 PM) *
Ok, it's a given from your posts and that of others that you think 3ABN has problems, but nobody was complaining or finding fault with ASI, Doug Batchelor, nor Jim Gilley till now

And suddenly there were problems with them and those problems weren't even related to 3ABN

Nobody seems like they have considered , or are considering now, that maybe, Pastor Doug, ASI and Jim Gilley know 3ABN and the people involved better then you all do, or that they are aware of the true facts, and no better then to believe all the claims and accusations posted here and on save3abn, and that's why they support 3ABN.

Surely you can see that? Suddenly the topics became "How many times was Doug married? How many children? weren't they out of wedlock? did you hear what he said in his sermon on adultery? Oh my! That's terrible, but what can you expect? now it's wasn't Jim Gilley involved in some scandal? isn't he soft on adultery? and then as soon as ASI stated they had to withdraw due to the tactics and characters and such with Pickle and Joy,we have how many articles finding fault with , and critical of ASI?

How much did Pickle buy all of what was posted both here and on the save 3abn website about them, which was so negative, and critical of them (much of it by himself)?

He believed it all so much he ran screaming from them and refused to fellowship with them?!?

Nope! He applied to join them. Talk about absurd.
(BTW- hows that going Pickle?)

Attacking Pickle is not the same as countering his information, Cindy.

I was not pleased with the digging into Doug's life either. But while ASI and Gilley and he were all okay in people's eyes before, when they became associated with this scandal, people began to sit up and say, "What kinds of people are in bed with 3ABN?"

After all, "Birds of a feather" and all that. Show me your friends and I'll show you who you are. That's why Larry Craig doesn't have any friends anymore.

I was so pleased that AF was not permitted to merge with 3ABN because it left Doug with some integrity, at least in people's perceptions.

Here's the deal: a person could have a sterling reputation before getting involved with 3ABN, but if they get involved with 3ABN and fail to stand up to the problems there, they should not complain when their reputation is tarnished.

I'm open-minded on the Jim Gilley appointment, but only for a little while. If nothing changes, he deserves to be painted with the same brush as the rest of 3ABN's leaders--not willing to deal with sin in the camp, and participating in it. If nothing changes, it's rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.

Edited to remove sarcasm.

This post has been edited by SoulEspresso: Sep 5 2007, 07:54 AM

--------------------
"The entire world is falling apart because no one will admit they are wrong."
--
Don Miller, Blue Like Jazz.

+Quote Post
LaurenceD
post Sep 5 2007, 08:27 AM
Post #161

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,035

There is no stronger supporter than my mother was. She is 81 and
worked for her little "nest-egg" till she was 72 yrs old. Worked hard.

She very nearly worshipped DS and what they were doing and whole-
heartedly believed in 3abn. She has given them thru irrevokable
annunities just about all of her money.

She now, no longer sends them anything. A friend of hers.... another
"little old lady" also sends them no money now.

These were not marginal supporters either. I'm talking about the kind
that has their TV tuned to them nearly all day long.... and send them
nearly every spare cent they can.

Of course, I can take credit for some of their change of heart... but
she also showed me a letter that was being passed out at the church
she attends that wasn't very flattering to DS.

If there's one or two, or a dozen, then there are probably a thousand that got snookered.

And when it's all said and done, and the memory of 3abn is only the shadow of a cloud moving across a dry desert, the only difference between them and a hundred others--who thought they were specially anointed to finish the work--will probably be that 3abn was the first to rake millions from little old SDA ladies pockets and indulge a little for self along the way.

The biggest evidence that it was not God's way is the fact that God draws the line between his ways and the ways of the world--it doesn't take either the mammon of righteousness, or the mammon of unrighteousness to do his calling; all it takes is a selfless apostle, like Paul, to take the message to the whole world--and to do it as a self-supporting ministry.

--------------------
Disclaimer Notice: You are hereby cautioned that the information contained within these posts are for the sole purpose of provoking thought, adding fair comment on matters of public interest, and not providing factual information. These posts do not reflect the actual thoughts or intentions of the person writing under this username since said person is not in any position to know. No effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of any personal view, opinion, or hyperbole presented. Therefore, by disclosing, copying, or distributing these posts to others, such information must subsequently be confirmed in writing, signed and dated, by the actual person, or persons, posting behind username LaurenceD.

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Sep 5 2007, 09:22 AM
Post #162

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,960

"God will use ways and means by which it will be seen that He is taking the reins in His own hands. The workers will be surprised by the simple means that He will use to bring about and perfect His work of righteousness" (Ev 118).

+Quote Post
Johann
post Sep 5 2007, 12:08 PM
Post #163

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(Rosyroi @ Sep 5 2007, 06:27 AM) *
Now don't know about Danny being broke, but...

JMHO

Rosyroi

He could possibly squeeze the last drops out of the lemon and rent a jet for single trips to pick up some cash from hard to see accounts?

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Sep 5 2007, 02:19 PM
Post #164

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(SoulEspresso @ Sep 5 2007, 06:51 AM) *
Attacking Pickle is not the same as countering his information, Cindy.

Soul,

Thank you! When everyone on all sides gets this concept pehaps we can start to move away from the objectifying and demonizing that is so characteristic of this perceived battle of right and wrong, the us-vs-them mentality, and start remembering that we are all God's children, that we are all sinful and in need of our Savior, and get to discussing the actual issues.

PB

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
Johann
post Sep 5 2007, 02:34 PM
Post #165

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(PeacefulBe @ Sep 5 2007, 10:19 PM) *
Soul,

Thank you! When everyone on all sides gets this concept pehaps we can start to move away from the objectifying and demonizing that is so characteristic of this perceived battle of right and wrong, the us-vs-them mentality, and start remembering that we are all God's children, that we are all sinful and in need of our Savior, and get to discussing the actual issues.
PB

yes.gif Amen!

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post

12 Pages V  « < 9 10 11 12 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 02:05 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church