Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=15167&st=15 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 02:58:23 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

10 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Danny Shelton/3abn Board Are Innocent?, Well, then, there must be some proof, so bring it on!
Skyhook
post Sep 8 2007, 10:37 PM
Post #16

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,121

I watched the "Here We Stand" program, and when D.S. came out and made his pitch for money and sang, I thought, this is dreadfully wrong! Here is an outreach program that is intended to draw people to Christ and to the Seventh-day Adventist Church, and here is a man who represents 3abn, and by association, the Adventist church who has numerous serious accusations hanging over his head and yet is leading out with his pitch for cash and a song. I have little doubt that every one in the church hierarchy and everyone concerned with this TV series knows about Danny's problems yet they appear to be pretending that everything is just fine and nothing is amiss in the camp and they are going out anyway to fight the phillistines so to speak. It makes me sick.

I also noticed that this afternoon during Sabbath hours the Hope Channel showed an episode of "Wait a Minute Pastor" that consisted in the pastor giving a message on how to balance a buget.

I firmly believe that God has no need of either of these TV ministries, and if he so chooses He will provide many other means to spread His word around the world. God is merciful and patient with us sinners, but He does have His limits.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
LaurenceD
post Sep 8 2007, 10:39 PM
Post #17

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,035

QUOTE(Artiste)
--just today he was featured as soloist for special music in Doug Batchelor's "Here We Stand" meeting from Lansing , MI.

Sad to say, I forced myself to stand there and watch that for about 60 seconds...as I headed out the door for the mountains. That was so '70's! All I could see was a good case of self-pity. I couldn't wait to get in the car, turn on my favorite Michelle Tumes CD, and listen to some Christian music that could reach me.

--------------------
Disclaimer Notice: You are hereby cautioned that the information contained within these posts are for the sole purpose of provoking thought, adding fair comment on matters of public interest, and not providing factual information. These posts do not reflect the actual thoughts or intentions of the person writing under this username since said person is not in any position to know. No effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of any personal view, opinion, or hyperbole presented. Therefore, by disclosing, copying, or distributing these posts to others, such information must subsequently be confirmed in writing, signed and dated, by the actual person, or persons, posting behind username LaurenceD.

+Quote Post
runner4him
post Sep 8 2007, 11:00 PM
Post #18

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,427

QUOTE(summertime @ Sep 8 2007, 09:33 PM) *
Can anyone tell me if it is true that Danny has said that for 14 years his now present wife ran after him and he finally gave in? (Or words to that effect?) I would just like to know where the quote came from---just to refresh my memory---If you know anything about this statement, please let me know. Thanks a lot. summertime

It was talked about at ASI in Ohio....(I think Ohio)....it was said that the comment was a "17 year chase".....said by DS in the dining room to someone......

+Quote Post
Snoopy
post Sep 8 2007, 11:18 PM
Post #19

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,808

QUOTE(runner4him @ Sep 9 2007, 12:00 AM) *
It was talked about at ASI in Ohio....(I think Ohio)....it was said that the comment was a "17 year chase".....said by DS in the dining room to someone......

I wonder how that makes Brandy feel to know her husband shares her "chase" so openly with others??

+Quote Post
roxe
post Sep 8 2007, 11:22 PM
Post #20

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,485

QUOTE(lowender @ Sep 3 2007, 06:23 PM) *
The recent presidential change at 3ABN is purely cosmetic.... Danny Shelton is just continuing on his public relations drive. Trying to resurrect his public image. What he wants is his prestige back, and for that, he needs the donations to pour in again... That's just not going to happen...

But what he also wants is a reckoning. He wants to not feel guilty about dumping Linda. He knows he had no grounds & he knows he lied about her having an affair. For that, he wants the church leaders to endorse his divorce & re-marriage, which he thinks will quell his guilty conscience and quiet his critics.

But we haven't bought it all along... WE are the common folks. WE are the SDA church & we will continue our drive to marginilize Danny Shelton & not let him be a representative for US...

perhaps emperor danny thinks he is still wearing clothes... and wants us to believe the same.

+Quote Post
roxe
post Sep 8 2007, 11:25 PM
Post #21

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,485

QUOTE(Snoopy @ Sep 8 2007, 11:18 PM) *
I wonder how that makes Brandy feel to know her husband shares her "chase" so openly with others??

snoopy, i wonder how brandy feels since learning all the "behind closed doors" stuff she had no idea of...
i would think she's gone beyond shock into numb...

+Quote Post
Snoopy
post Sep 8 2007, 11:28 PM
Post #22

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,808

QUOTE(roxe @ Sep 9 2007, 12:25 AM) *
snoopy, i wonder how brandy feels since learning all the "behind closed doors" stuff she had no idea of...
i would think she's gone beyond shock into numb...

Yup - I agree. I feel bad for her. I am sure she needs our prayers.

+Quote Post
Artiste
post Sep 8 2007, 11:29 PM
Post #23

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,569

QUOTE(Skyhook @ Sep 8 2007, 09:37 PM) *
I watched the "Here We Stand" program, and when D.S. came out and made his pitch for money and sang, I thought, this is dreadfully wrong! Here is an outreach program that is intended to draw people to Christ and to the Seventh-day Adventist Church, and here is a man who represents 3abn, and by association, the Adventist church who has numerous serious accusations hanging over his head and yet is leading out with his pitch for cash and a song. I have little doubt that every one in the church hierarchy and everyone concerned with this TV series knows about Danny's problems yet they appear to be pretending that everything is just fine and nothing is amiss in the camp and they are going out anyway to fight the phillistines so to speak. It makes me sick.

I so agree with you, Skyhook!

Yesterday, Dallas, in his thread that explains Elder Jim Gilley's philosophy as the new president of 3ABN, said "...we have to believe that whatever the "investigation" shows that the person God choice [sic] for the job will make it right even if it is not what we believe the truth is..."

Any thoughts, anyone, on the above position statement?

This post has been edited by Artiste: Sep 8 2007, 11:32 PM

+Quote Post
Johann
post Sep 9 2007, 10:56 AM
Post #24

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(Artiste @ Sep 9 2007, 07:29 AM) *

Yesterday, Dallas, in his thread that explains Elder Jim Gilley's philosophy as the new president of 3ABN, said "...we have to believe that whatever the "investigation" shows that the person God choice [sic] for the job will make it right even if it is not what we believe the truth is..."

That seems a great responsibility and requires broad shoulders. Will his decision be just or expedient? Will it be the one that yields the greatest amount of cash in the coffers, or the greatest blessings from above?

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
Seraphim7
post Sep 9 2007, 05:07 PM
Post #25

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 6

QUOTE(mystery- man @ Sep 2 2007, 11:35 AM) *
I do not agree---The fact of Linda Shelton's adultry should be proovable. The aligation of Linda's daughter against Danny can and should be investigated. These aligations are very serious and the Tommy thing at the very least should be refuted. None of these things have been done and that says a lot. I have not heard these individuals even deny what they have been accused of. And even the ones that come on here seem oblivious to that fact. Linda asked for proof and none has been forthcomming, why. The squirrley excuses have to stop.

Was not the documentation, the divorce decree, posted on the net somewhere? In that online document the reasons for the divorce IS NOT infidelity. That in itself says to me Danny had no proof that she had done anything of the sort. It is proof of another lie directly from him, if that decree is to be believed. scratchchin.gif

--------------------
WELCOME to BlackSDA from seraph|m, a BSDA Charter member.
Please Join us in The Married Forum and/or Sabbath School Lesson Study forums.

Then, come join us here, Live Chat Lesson Study ,for our Friday night study @ 8pm CST/9pm EST. The lesson can be found at Sabbath School Network (SSNET)

Motto- "Weapons of Mass Distraction, Have No Place Here. " "Qui tacet consentire videtur,"
Are not official staff mottos and are not endorsed by BSDA Management.

+Quote Post
summertime
post Sep 9 2007, 06:45 PM
Post #26

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,655

QUOTE(Snoopy @ Sep 9 2007, 12:28 AM) *
Yup - I agree. I feel bad for her. I am sure she needs our prayers.

Of course Brandy needs our prayers. If this story is true, and I have heard it from several sources and just wanted it confirmed. THen she has chased a married man, who claims to be anointed by God, while she herself was involved in 2 other marriages. --- and through the birth of her own 2 children, no matter who their fathers are. She is not a simple bewildered girl if she chased a married man for 14 or 17 years or whatever. Through all this she herself has had 2 husbands and bore two precious girls. These children are the ones that need our fervent prayers. God bless them. Where is the stability in their young lives? I also watched a few minutes of the meeting that was aired last night, and I was slightly embarrassed to be watching it because I had company who really knows who and what Danny is. I quickly turned it off---I was even a little ashamed for DB who I admire tremendously--when Danny's face was on the screen that was enough for me. God help us all.

+Quote Post
summertime
post Sep 9 2007, 07:01 PM
Post #27

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Artiste @ Sep 9 2007, 12:29 AM) *

Will someone please explain to me just what Dallas meant by this statement.--- How right? What truth? I guess I am a bit confused. 'summertime'

+Quote Post
beartrap
post Sep 9 2007, 07:27 PM
Post #28

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,659

QUOTE(summertime @ Sep 9 2007, 05:45 PM) *
Of course Brandy needs our prayers. If this story is true, and I have heard it from several sources and just wanted it confirmed. THen she has chased a married man, who claims to be anointed by God, while she herself was involved in 2 other marriages. --- and through the birth of her own 2 children, no matter who their fathers are. She is not a simple bewildered girl if she chased a married man for 14 or 17 years or whatever. Through all this she herself has had 2 husbands and bore two precious girls. These children are the ones that need our fervent prayers. God bless them. Where is the stability in their young lives? I also watched a few minutes of the meeting that was aired last night, and I was slightly embarrassed to be watching it because I had company who really knows who and what Danny is. I quickly turned it off---I was even a little ashamed for DB who I admire tremendously--when Danny's face was on the screen that was enough for me. God help us all.

I don't know what happened during the chasing part that Danny talked about, but I am glad that what happened to bring those two little girls into this world happened. They are precious little things and I am glad that they are here. Both of them. They are sweet girls and my kids love them. They also love Brandy and she has been very kind and sweet to them.

This post has been edited by beartrap: Sep 9 2007, 07:32 PM

+Quote Post
summertime
post Sep 9 2007, 08:47 PM
Post #29

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Rosyroi @ Sep 4 2007, 09:33 PM) *
Still waiting.....

TVsnack.gif

please.gif still waiting...three years and counting...

Rosyroi

+Quote Post
Skyhook
post Sep 9 2007, 11:59 PM
Post #30

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,121

QUOTE(runner4him @ Sep 9 2007, 12:00 AM) *

That could well have been just his conceit and narcissism talking and may have little or no basis except in his dreams.
I would never take at face value anything like that DS says.

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 01:58 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church