Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=15167&st=30 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 02:58:25 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

10 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Danny Shelton/3abn Board Are Innocent?, Well, then, there must be some proof, so bring it on!
Observer
post Sep 10 2007, 07:41 AM
Post #31

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,664

QUOTE(summertime @ Sep 9 2007, 06:45 PM) *
Of course Brandy needs our prayers. If this story is true, and I have heard it from several sources and just wanted it confirmed. THen she has chased a married man, who claims to be anointed by God, while she herself was involved in 2 other marriages. --- and through the birth of her own 2 children, no matter who their fathers are. She is not a simple bewildered girl if she chased a married man for 14 or 17 years or whatever. Through all this she herself has had 2 husbands and bore two precious girls. These children are the ones that need our fervent prayers. God bless them. Where is the stability in their young lives? I also watched a few minutes of the meeting that was aired last night, and I was slightly embarrassed to be watching it because I had company who really knows who and what Danny is. I quickly turned it off---I was even a little ashamed for DB who I admire tremendously--when Danny's face was on the screen that was enough for me. God help us all.

I have stated in the past that we should not focus on Brandy. It may very well be that her life has some moments where she is revealed as an imperfect person. I am not going to challenge that.

I would rather view her as a new Christian who has set out on a spiritual journey. We need to acknowledge that, give thanks for that, and move beyond what may (or may not) be in her past to her future. In doing that, we should consider what will most help her along on that spiritual journey.

Perhaps Danny has said that she chassed him for many years? Perhaps he has not said such. If he has we are faced with two distinct possibilities:

a) He may be telling the truth. If he is telling the truth, does the greater responsibility lie with him, or with her? Folks, people who are in the so-called "helping" professions, do find themselves in situations where members of the opposite gender are attracted to them. At that point, the primary responsibility rests upon them to deal appropriately with that attraction. I will suggest that if she did chase Danny for many years, the primary responsibility rested upon him. She would never have "caught" him if he had not allowed it. The mentality that places the greater responsibility upon the woman is a sexist mentality that should not have a place in our thinking today.

cool.gif It may be that it is not true that she chassed Danny for many years. Some males have an ego in which they like to have people think that women are chasing them. Their ego does not make it true.

I really think that Brandy should not be the focus of our attention. She is not the central issue.

A personal comment, comming from me: I do not have an opinion as to whether or not Brandy chased Danny. I really do not have a big interest in that issue. However, if she did, which she may not have done, there may be factors involved which mitigate her doing so. I think that is a posibility. In my thinking, she may have been a simple bewildered woman facing issues beyond her comprehensiion, which might mitigate our understanding of the approach that she took. NOTE: I am implying nothing. Do not attempt to read any implication into this comment. Again, I do not have an opinon as to whether or not she chased Danny. In summation, I am saying that we who do not have total knowledge of the facts, may not be aware of some facts that would put this issue in a different perspective.

--------------------
Gregory Matthews posts here under the name "Observer."
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
summertime
post Sep 10 2007, 11:33 AM
Post #32

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,655

QUOTE(beartrap @ Sep 9 2007, 08:27 PM) *
I don't know what happened during the chasing part that Danny talked about, but I am glad that what happened to bring those two little girls into this world happened. They are precious little things and I am glad that they are here. Both of them. They are sweet girls and my kids love them. They also love Brandy and she has been very kind and sweet to them.

Bear, I admire your kindness and defense of Brandy after all you have been through. I also think that I saw your name on the credits on LLBN this weekend and I am sure that they are benefiting from your services. I am glad that the girls are here also, and I hope that they are protected from the same things that Danny has done in years past. If I owe an apology in my post about Brandy she has my full apology---As Skyhook said in a latter post, maybe Danny was telling a story to make himself look important. If he did this, then I feel very sorry for Brandy.----Most of all I am glad that she has been kind and sweet to your children. If this story is just a lie told by Danny to those around him, then he should come on BSDA and tell us that the story is not true----he should do this more for Brandy, her girls and also for Linda. If the storytelling by Danny never happened perhaps he should try to correct that also. That is the reason that I asked for verification myself.

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Sep 10 2007, 12:52 PM
Post #33

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,960

QUOTE(Observer @ Sep 10 2007, 08:41 AM) *
b ) It may be that it is not true that she chassed Danny for many years. Some males have an ego in which they like to have people think that women are chasing them. Their ego does not make it true.

The most charitable way to look at it is that either Danny Shelton lied on August 5, 2006, or that pastor who heard him tell that to him needs hearing aids.

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Sep 10 2007, 01:00 PM
Post #34

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,960

QUOTE(Artiste @ Sep 8 2007, 11:06 PM) *
It was said by someone who I think is on this board that Danny told that to a pastor at campmeeting--or GC session or--? (three years ago?). And some quote it as 17 years. You might ask Pickle.

QUOTE(runner4him @ Sep 9 2007, 12:00 AM) *
It was talked about at ASI in Ohio....(I think Ohio)....it was said that the comment was a "17 year chase".....said by DS in the dining room to someone......

Sabbath lunch, August 5, 2006, Grapevine, TX. Pastor Kevin Paulson had been talking to Danny at his table and then came over to my table and told me what Danny had said, not really knowing what to make of it. We both agreed that a man being accused of sexual assault would be most unwise to make a comment like that.

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Sep 10 2007, 02:19 PM
Post #35

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(Pickle @ Sep 10 2007, 12:00 PM) *
Sabbath lunch, August 5, 2006, Grapevine, TX. Pastor Kevin Paulson had been talking to Danny at his table and then came over to my table and told me what Danny had said, not really knowing what to make of it. We both agreed that a man being accused of sexual assault would be most unwise to make a comment like that.

This was not the only time Danny had mentioned his long-term relationship with Brandy. In the following instance, it was with Brandy and others present and took place the month before they got married. This is the excerpt from the email I received in March of this year from the woman that Danny was addressing on that February day.

"I've never talked to Danny on the phone. I talked to him and Brandy for about 2 1/2 hours last February while I was at 3ABN. I was staying with May Chung at her house on the 3ABN property, and it was Danny, Brandy, May, another woman (May's friend from California), and myself. He never mentioned Linda, so there was no bashing. He talked about himself, duh.

I sat there for about 2 1/2 hours with Danny and Brandy snuggled up to each other, his hands on her, hers on him, listening to Danny go on and on and on about all the miracles and how he and Brandy knew each other for over 20 years, how they met when she was about 13 or 14, when her family came to his recording studio to record some music or something.

Anyway, he told me how he had invited Brandy to 3ABN to live and work as she was going through a very hard time and she needed a change and a fresh start. He told me he had personally given her Bible studies when she came to 3ABN. Concerning the Bible studies he described a very intimate exchange involving tears, as Brandy learned the "truth". She was not an SDA when she came to 3ABN. I don't know how long exactly these "studies" went on but when all was said and done their relationship had developed into more than just "friends", as they were then engaged, annd married a month later. "

For what it is worth....

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
summertime
post Sep 10 2007, 03:04 PM
Post #36

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,655

QUOTE(PeacefulBe @ Sep 10 2007, 03:19 PM) *
This was not the only time Danny had mentioned his long-term relationship with Brandy. In the following instance, it was with Brandy and others present and took place the month before they got married. This is the excerpt from the email I received in March of this year from the woman that Danny was addressing on that February day.

"I've never talked to Danny on the phone. I talked to him and Brandy for about 2 1/2 hours last February while I was at 3ABN. I was staying with May Chung at her house on the 3ABN property, and it was Danny, Brandy, May, another woman (May's friend from California), and myself. He never mentioned Linda, so there was no bashing. He talked about himself, duh.

I sat there for about 2 1/2 hours with Danny and Brandy snuggled up to each other, his hands on her, hers on him, listening to Danny go on and on and on about all the miracles and how he and Brandy knew each other for over 20 years, how they met when she was about 13 or 14, when her family came to his recording studio to record some music or something.

Anyway, he told me how he had invited Brandy to 3ABN to live and work as she was going through a very hard time and she needed a change and a fresh start. He told me he had personally given her Bible studies when she came to 3ABN. Concerning the Bible studies he described a very intimate exchange involving tears, as Brandy learned the "truth". She was not an SDA when she came to 3ABN. I don't know how long exactly these "studies" went on but when all was said and done their relationship had developed into more than just "friends", as they were then engaged, annd married a month later. "

For what it is worth....

Pickle and PeaceBe: Thank you for this information----At least I feel better about asking about the incident. I do not mean harm to anyone, but something was shady in Florida for a lot of years. I do wish the best and my prayers for Brandy and her children. 'summertime'

+Quote Post
justice4jesus
post Sep 10 2007, 03:25 PM
Post #37

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,268

Well, this thread has taken somewhat of a different direction, but not necessarily off-topic. The Danny/Brandy issue is but one of many instances in which Danny has revealed his true colors of late.

Still waiting, Dannyscribes, for any reason to believe that we are wrong in rising up against Danny. None of you have even posted in this thread. All I asked for was proof of Danny's innocence. Is that too big an order for you to fill? No sin in owning up to that.

Not yet any solid evidence that Danny is pure as the driven snow, but plenty of evidence that he isn't!

This post has been edited by justice4jesus: Sep 10 2007, 03:27 PM

+Quote Post
Artiste
post Sep 11 2007, 01:15 AM
Post #38

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,569

QUOTE(PeacefulBe @ Sep 10 2007, 01:19 PM) *

For what it is worth....

I am afraid I will have to say at this point that the probably author of the above e-mail was heard to make several statements concerning some inflammatory information about Brandy which were later proven to be untrue when I asked the stated sources directly...the statements were untrue in several aspects although they were concerning some events that probably did happen. Also the claimed sources stated that they had never talked to this person about it.

+Quote Post
lowender
post Sep 11 2007, 01:46 AM
Post #39

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,696

None of this stuff would be happening had Danny never kicked his wife to the curb... I don't know how the rest of you believe, but let's face it. Danny wanted a trophy woman like any 50-something sugar-daddy wants.

Sin has it's consequences...

+Quote Post
Rosyroi
post Sep 11 2007, 08:34 PM
Post #40

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,536

Taking this from above remark
I am not trying to put the empasis on Brandy in what I want to post. It was reference to something that Alethia said at another time a few months ago.

Cindy typed the following and a BSDA member has it in their signature line:

"Brandy did not move to 3ABN she moved to Illinoise."

I don't have the exact quote but close to it. Apparently Brandy DID move to live either near 3ABN or on the compound. It appears that Cindy was given the wrong notes.

Danny was quoted....

"Anyway, he told me how he had invited Brandy to 3ABN to live and work as she was going through a very hard time and she needed a change and a fresh start. He told me he had personally given her Bible studies when she came to 3ABN."

Hope no one demands a quote or a reference. tongue.gif And not trying to say Cindy lied, just misinformed.

--------------------

"Joy, Love, Peace, Long Suffering, Gentleness, Goodness, Faith, Meekness, and Self Control are what being full of the Holy Spirit is all about." Galations 5.

"Don't waste your time waiting and longing for large opportunities which may never come, but faitfully handle the little things that are always claiming your attention..." F.B. Meyers

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B. 2007

"For GOD so LOVED you and me..." John 3:16

"I believe that there is a devil, and here's Satan's agenda. First, he doesn't want anyone having kids. Secondly, if they do conceive, he wants them killed.
If they're not killed through abortion, he wants them neglected or abused physically, emotionally, sexually...One way or another, the legions of hell want to destroy children because children become the future adults and leaders. If they (legions) can warp or wound a child, he or she becomes a warped or wounded adult who passes on this affliction to the next generation". -Terry Randall in TIME Magazine, October 21, 1991

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Sep 11 2007, 10:49 PM
Post #41

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(Artiste @ Sep 11 2007, 12:15 AM) *
I am afraid I will have to say at this point that the probably author of the above e-mail was heard to make several statements concerning some inflammatory information about Brandy which were later proven to be untrue when I asked the stated sources directly...the statements were untrue in several aspects although they were concerning some events that probably did happen. Also the claimed sources stated that they had never talked to this person about it.

Artiste,

Huh? You recently spent the afternoon and evening with the author of the above email. You watched her play guitar. She just wants to stay anonymous but gave me permission to share the email.

You are being a bit too cryptic and confusing, IMO. It is making it quite difficult to ascertain exactly what you mean, where you are coming from and who you are supporting.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
appletree
post Sep 11 2007, 11:01 PM
Post #42

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,244

QUOTE(Artiste @ Sep 11 2007, 02:15 AM) *

Here is something I agree with you on. I know who wrote this email and she was very misleading in what she said. A good example is when she said that DS said he had known Brandy for 20 years. She failed to say that he had not seen Brandy since she was a young girl at his recording studio. Innuendo is as blatant as a lie. Just one more "source" who paints a misleading picture for reasons unknown.
Of course I will say to you Artiste, If you or anyone else wants to know something about Brandy, the only true source would be Brandy herself. Anything else is heresay. If we all did what the bible says "If you have ought against your brother, GO TO HIM, this topic and these rumors would never be on here in the first place.

+Quote Post
appletree
post Sep 11 2007, 11:06 PM
Post #43

Advanced Member

QUOTE(summertime @ Sep 10 2007, 04:04 PM) *
Pickle and PeaceBe: Thank you for this information----At least I feel better about asking about the incident. I do not mean harm to anyone, but something was shady in Florida for a lot of years. I do wish the best and my prayers for Brandy and her children. 'summertime'

As artiste pointed out this is faulty information. I know who wrote it. Once again, Danny met Brandy and her family many many years ago when she was a child. Her family came to his recording studio to make a record album. He had no contact whatsoever with her or her family until her mother called him to say that she herself had told Brandy about 3abn and the wonderful world wide ministry that was going on there and Brandy would like to come and apply for work and make a new start for her and her children.

+Quote Post
appletree
post Sep 11 2007, 11:18 PM
Post #44

Advanced Member

QUOTE(justice4jesus @ Sep 10 2007, 04:25 PM) *
Well, this thread has taken somewhat of a different direction, but not necessarily off-topic. The Danny/Brandy issue is but one of many instances in which Danny has revealed his true colors of late.

Still waiting, Dannyscribes, for any reason to believe that we are wrong in rising up against Danny. None of you have even posted in this thread. All I asked for was proof of Danny's innocence. Is that too big an order for you to fill? No sin in owning up to that.

Not yet any solid evidence that Danny is pure as the driven snow, but plenty of evidence that he isn't!

Proof of what specifically? That he did not throw Linda out in favor of Brandy? That he has not embezzled money or lined his pockets with donation money? That he did not have a relationship with Brandy before she moved here?
Auditors and accountants can prove there was nothing inappropriate with the money and they will.

I happened to be at 3abn the day Brandy arrived looking for a job. Danny had no idea who she was until they were introduced. Her mother had called before she arrived letting him know of her plans but he had no idea what she looked like since he had not seen her since she was around 11 or 12.

Now really..with all the supposed exposing that has been going on this last year, the tales, rumors and half baked stories, don't you honestly think if something had been going on during the marriage of Linda and Danny that someone on the face of the earth would have saw Danny and Brandy together? He is too public a figure not to have been spotted. Phone records could have been tracked down, emails sent etc... Sort of like phone records, visits, and travel plans by the ex vice president and the doctor. You can't keep something like that hidden.

Now can you provide us dannysribes with proof that Linda isn't guilty?

Sort of ridiculous isn't it?

BTW Calvin, Isn't Brandy and anyone else that is not in the bright spotlight off limits here?

+Quote Post
appletree
post Sep 11 2007, 11:24 PM
Post #45

Advanced Member

QUOTE(runner4him @ Sep 9 2007, 12:00 AM) *
It was talked about at ASI in Ohio....(I think Ohio)....it was said that the comment was a "17 year chase".....said by DS in the dining room to someone......

Really? The last time I read this accusation it was said in a church dining room in texas to a Pastor. I have confirmed with that pastor that even though they discussed their marriage and the circumstances surrounding that, DS never said any such thing. It was more of saying he had not seen her in 20 + years then later (kidding of course) saying well she kept chasing me after she got here and I finally gave in. Such a shame a person can't even make a joking comment without those comments being twisted, turned, joined together and then told as fact all over the internet. Remember the gossip game where you whisper in someone's ear and keep doing that around the room and when it gets to the last person the original secret is completely wrong?

I thought we were supposed to turn a deaf ear to gossip.

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 01:58 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church