Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=15167&st=45 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 02:58:28 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

10 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Danny Shelton/3abn Board Are Innocent?, Well, then, there must be some proof, so bring it on!
lowender
post Sep 12 2007, 05:46 AM
Post #46

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,696

Appletree writes: "If we all did what the bible says "If you have ought against your brother, GO TO HIM, this topic and these rumors would never be on here in the first place."
[/quote]

OK APPLETREE...

Would you not agree then that "this topic and these rumors would never be on here in the first place" had Danny never dumped his wife, Linda, then lied about her on his TV show?

This post has been edited by lowender: Sep 12 2007, 05:49 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Sep 12 2007, 06:03 AM
Post #47

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,960

QUOTE(appletree @ Sep 12 2007, 12:24 AM) *
Really? The last time I read this accusation it was said in a church dining room in texas to a Pastor. I have confirmed with that pastor that even though they discussed their marriage and the circumstances surrounding that, DS never said any such thing. It was more of saying he had not seen her in 20 + years then later (kidding of course) saying well she kept chasing me after she got here and I finally gave in. Such a shame a person can't even make a joking comment without those comments being twisted, turned, joined together and then told as fact all over the internet. Remember the gossip game where you whisper in someone's ear and keep doing that around the room and when it gets to the last person the original secret is completely wrong?

I thought we were supposed to turn a deaf ear to gossip.

I don't think it's gossip at all, for it is a fact that he told me what I said he told me, he told it to me just minutes after he said Danny told him, and we discussed it a number of times after that. Should I pick up the phone and ask that pastor if he told you any such thing?

You suggest that Danny was merely joking. It has always been a possibility that Danny was merely joking when, according to that pastor at Sabbath lunch at the ASI Convention on August 5, 2006, Danny said Brandy had been chasing him for 17 years. Consider the following:

"As a mad man who casteth firebrands, arrows, and death, So is the man that deceiveth his neighbour, and saith, Am not I in sport?" (Pr. 26:18, 19).

If Danny was merely joking, do these verses apply?

Now if Danny said what the pastor told me he said, and if he was merely joking, I would suggest that his joke, in light of the sexual assault allegations against him that he was deflecting at the very time he said what he said, I would suggest that his joke was as idiotic as Linda planting a pregnancy test.

But there is the possibility that somehow that pastor got things that muddled up in the few moments it took to walk from Danny's table to mine.

This post has been edited by Pickle: Sep 12 2007, 06:13 AM

+Quote Post
justice4jesus
post Sep 12 2007, 07:38 AM
Post #48

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,268

QUOTE(appletree @ Sep 12 2007, 12:18 AM) *
Proof of what specifically? That he did not throw Linda out in favor of Brandy? That he has not embezzled money or lined his pockets with donation money? That he did not have a relationship with Brandy before she moved here?
Auditors and accountants can prove there was nothing inappropriate with the money and they will.

I happened to be at 3abn the day Brandy arrived looking for a job. Danny had no idea who she was until they were introduced. Her mother had called before she arrived letting him know of her plans but he had no idea what she looked like since he had not seen her since she was around 11 or 12.

Now really..with all the supposed exposing that has been going on this last year, the tales, rumors and half baked stories, don't you honestly think if something had been going on during the marriage of Linda and Danny that someone on the face of the earth would have saw Danny and Brandy together? He is too public a figure not to have been spotted. Phone records could have been tracked down, emails sent etc... Sort of like phone records, visits, and travel plans by the ex vice president and the doctor. You can't keep something like that hidden.

Now can you provide us dannysribes with proof that Linda isn't guilty?

Sort of ridiculous isn't it?

BTW Calvin, Isn't Brandy and anyone else that is not in the bright spotlight off limits here?

notworking.gif

You folks were asked first to provide your "proof". To me, your "response" is the same as admitting that you can't do it.

Wanna try again?

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Sep 12 2007, 07:56 AM
Post #49

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 15

QUOTE(appletree @ Sep 12 2007, 01:18 AM) *
BTW Calvin, Isn't Brandy and anyone else that is not in the bright spotlight off limits here?

Funny how the rules only seem to matter to you when you want to have the last word; if you were so concerned with Brandy's being off limits, you'd have just reported the posts and moved on... but you only bring it up *after* you've gone on at length in 3 different posts and gotten what you had to say in...hoping for such a prohibition as you noted to be immediately enforced so you would not face any rebuttals...

*That* is what is ridiculous... your complaining about something being out of bounds after you've said more than anyone else about said something.

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Sep 12 2007, 08:27 AM
Post #50

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(appletree @ Sep 12 2007, 12:24 AM) *
Really? The last time I read this accusation it was said in a church dining room in texas to a Pastor. I have confirmed with that pastor that even though they discussed their marriage and the circumstances surrounding that, DS never said any such thing.

I just talked with Kevin now, and he said that no one has talked to him, and I assume that no one has to include you. Or is it possible that Danny told multiple pastors this, and you talked to a pastor that I never cited?

Kevin stand by his story, and I stand by my story of what Kevin told me at Sabbath lunch, August 5, 2006, Grapevine, TX, in the Gaylord Texan.

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Sep 12 2007, 03:16 PM
Post #51

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

AppleTree,

An explanation from you is in order. You made it sound like you had talked to the very preacher that told me what Danny had told him, and when I called him he said no one had talked to him.

Now either you talked to a different preacher all together and were mistaken about who the pastor was who talked to me, or you were lying. I would greatly appreciate you telling me that you talked to a different preacher, and I would greatly appreciate you giving me some sort of way to confirm that that was really what happened.

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Sep 12 2007, 03:29 PM
Post #52

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

TVsnack.gif

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Sep 12 2007, 03:38 PM
Post #53

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Well, now, Donald Trump had Marla on the under, until he just got bold and took her on vacation with the family(by then he didn't care).........Too many secluded hideaways available to those of means, the silence of many tongues can be bought. Please! Danny would not be the first "public figure" to be cheating on his wife a long time before he was caught.

BTW, what is off limits about Brandy is basically her personal life prior to Danny, no details about he prior marriage(s), etc.(In fact, the same applies to prior marriages of Danny and Linda, other than an acknowledgement that they indeed happened) . However, not much else as she has "married" into this mess. As I said before, she should have made him handle his business first.......only marrying him if there were absolutely no question of biblical validity(something she should have known with getting intense "personal" Bible studies).

QUOTE(appletree @ Sep 11 2007, 10:18 PM) *
Proof of what specifically? That he did not throw Linda out in favor of Brandy? That he has not embezzled money or lined his pockets with donation money? That he did not have a relationship with Brandy before she moved here?
Auditors and accountants can prove there was nothing inappropriate with the money and they will.

I happened to be at 3abn the day Brandy arrived looking for a job. Danny had no idea who she was until they were introduced. Her mother had called before she arrived letting him know of her plans but he had no idea what she looked like since he had not seen her since she was around 11 or 12.

Now really..with all the supposed exposing that has been going on this last year, the tales, rumors and half baked stories, don't you honestly think if something had been going on during the marriage of Linda and Danny that someone on the face of the earth would have saw Danny and Brandy together? He is too public a figure not to have been spotted. Phone records could have been tracked down, emails sent etc... Sort of like phone records, visits, and travel plans by the ex vice president and the doctor. You can't keep something like that hidden.

Now can you provide us dannysribes with proof that Linda isn't guilty?

Sort of ridiculous isn't it?

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
LaurenceD
post Sep 12 2007, 04:46 PM
Post #54

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,035

QUOTE(di)
As I said before, she should have made him handle his business first.......only marrying him if there were absolutely no question of biblical validity(something she should have known with getting intense "personal" Bible studies).

Yeah, they probably didn't get to that chapter...everything kind of went downhill after Gen 2, you know how gravity works.

I knew of another couple at a conservative self-supporting compound, both married, who stayed late one morning after the early bible study. They both fell down on their knees and prayed together, and after the amens, they looked each other face to face, embraced, and...and...gravity just got the best of them.

You'd think conservative self-supporting type compounds wouldn't allow mixed private bible studies...esp with that high grain oatmeal diet they're on...and all that nutritional yeast.

--------------------
Disclaimer Notice: You are hereby cautioned that the information contained within these posts are for the sole purpose of provoking thought, adding fair comment on matters of public interest, and not providing factual information. These posts do not reflect the actual thoughts or intentions of the person writing under this username since said person is not in any position to know. No effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of any personal view, opinion, or hyperbole presented. Therefore, by disclosing, copying, or distributing these posts to others, such information must subsequently be confirmed in writing, signed and dated, by the actual person, or persons, posting behind username LaurenceD.

+Quote Post
LaurenceD
post Sep 12 2007, 05:03 PM
Post #55

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,035

QUOTE(Pickle)
AppleTree,

An explanation from you is in order.

Are you serious? Surey you know by now these folks don't responds in a forthright manner...esp when the issues at stake could be self-incriminating.

--------------------
Disclaimer Notice: You are hereby cautioned that the information contained within these posts are for the sole purpose of provoking thought, adding fair comment on matters of public interest, and not providing factual information. These posts do not reflect the actual thoughts or intentions of the person writing under this username since said person is not in any position to know. No effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of any personal view, opinion, or hyperbole presented. Therefore, by disclosing, copying, or distributing these posts to others, such information must subsequently be confirmed in writing, signed and dated, by the actual person, or persons, posting behind username LaurenceD.

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Sep 12 2007, 05:24 PM
Post #56

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

"Lucy!!!! You got some 'splainin' to do!" rofl1.gif

--------------------
TTFN
Di

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Sep 12 2007, 06:08 PM
Post #57

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(LaurenceD @ Sep 12 2007, 06:03 PM) *
Are you serious? Surey you know by now these folks don't responds in a forthright manner...esp when the issues at stake could be self-incriminating.

I know, I know.

+Quote Post
Skyhook
post Sep 12 2007, 10:35 PM
Post #58

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,121

QUOTE(LaurenceD @ Sep 12 2007, 05:46 PM) *
Yeah, they probably didn't get to that chapter...everything kind of went downhill after Gen 2, you know how gravity works.

I knew of another couple at a conservative self-supporting compound, both married, who stayed late one morning after the early bible study. They both fell down on their knees and prayed together, and after the amens, they looked each other face to face, embraced, and...and...gravity just got the best of them.

You'd think conservative self-supporting type compounds wouldn't allow mixed private bible studies...esp with that high grain oatmeal diet they're on...and all that nutritional yeast.

Those mixed one on one Bible studies can be dangerous. I know a young woman who got pregnant giving Bible studies to an underage boy. Very sad. To her credit she braved it through and took a voluntary censure and did not leave the church.

+Quote Post
lowender
post Sep 13 2007, 06:17 AM
Post #59

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,696

APPLETREE: "He is too public a figure not to have been spotted."

Well maybe you would notice who he is, Appletree... But even within the SDA circles, alot of people don't know who Danny Shelton is or what he looks like.

Danny may sing on TV, but he's not a renown Gospel singer. He apparently tried to get Bill Gaither's attention once. Gaither didn't recognize him, much to Danny's chagrine...

Danny is a public figure only in his own bubble. That's why he's been so easy to marginalize....

+Quote Post
justice4jesus
post Sep 13 2007, 08:12 AM
Post #60

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,268

QUOTE(lowender @ Sep 13 2007, 07:17 AM) *
APPLETREE: "He is too public a figure not to have been spotted."

Well maybe you would notice who he is, Appletree... But even within the SDA circles, alot of people don't know who Danny Shelton is or what he looks like.

Danny may sing on TV, but he's not a renown Gospel singer. He apparently tried to get Bill Gaither's attention once. Gaither didn't recognize him, much to Danny's chagrine...

Danny is a public figure only in his own bubble. That's why he's been so easy to marginalize....

Some years ago, when The Talleys were prominent in Gospel music, several people had heard Danny bragging about doing an upcoming interview with them and about how Kirk Talley was one of his best friends in Gospel music. On the raw video just prior to the interview, Danny's "best friend" Kirk turned and asked him, "Now, what is your name again?"

Ah, the price of fame! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 01:58 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church