Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=15240&st=30 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 02:47:39 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

30 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Jim Gilley Takes Over As President
Skyhook
post Sep 15 2007, 06:06 PM
Post #31

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,121

QUOTE(no_cults @ Sep 15 2007, 02:39 PM) *
I would imagine that there are many who think DS is still a great person.

I have no problem with a 3 mo. transition period.
Hopefully, then he will be "ex -employee"

Now days "consultant" is the usual euphemism for unemployed company presidents and CEOs.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Brick Step
post Sep 15 2007, 06:48 PM
Post #32

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,624

QUOTE(Aunt B @ Sep 10 2007, 08:55 PM) *
Praying...

Me too.

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Sep 15 2007, 06:56 PM
Post #33

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

....Or a "contract" worker who makes significantly more than they did as an employee.........

QUOTE(Skyhook @ Sep 15 2007, 05:06 PM) *
Now days "consultant" is the usual euphemism for unemployed company presidents and CEOs.

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
Richard Sherwin
post Sep 15 2007, 07:14 PM
Post #34

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,231

Yup, been there done that. It was great while it lasted.

QUOTE(Skyhook @ Sep 15 2007, 08:06 PM) *

+Quote Post
calvin
post Sep 15 2007, 09:36 PM
Post #35

site admin
Group Icon

Group: Owner
Member No.: 1

QUOTE(Skyhook @ Sep 15 2007, 07:06 PM) *

Or a face saving announcement that Danny is leaving to persue other interest or spend more time with his family.

+Quote Post
lowender
post Sep 16 2007, 03:35 AM
Post #36

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,696

Outside of the SDA Church, Danny Shelton is just another person. He's not this popular southern Gospel singer as he makes himself out to be on his network. He doesn't show up at airports & gets recognized by hundreds of people, as he likes to say happens to him...

Even within the SDA church, it's only the people who have cable that MIGHT recognize him.

I think that one of the best ways to marginalize this guy is to simply ignore him.

From a source that does know him, he apparently just hates being ignored. He tried to make himself known to Bill Gaither once & Gaither saw right through him and brushed him off. That got him angry & jealous.

He also got snubbed by the leaders of the Southwestern Conference. They want nothing to do with him.

+Quote Post
no_cults
post Sep 16 2007, 10:14 AM
Post #37

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,322

QUOTE(lowender @ Sep 16 2007, 04:35 AM) *
Outside of the SDA Church, Danny Shelton is just another person. He's not this popular southern Gospel singer as he makes himself out to be on his network. He doesn't show up at airports & gets recognized by hundreds of people, as he likes to say happens to him...

Even within the SDA church, it's only the people who have cable that MIGHT recognize him.

I think that one of the best ways to marginalize this guy is to simply ignore him.

From a source that does know him, he apparently just hates being ignored. He tried to make himself known to Bill Gaither once & Gaither saw right through him and brushed him off. That got him angry & jealous.

He also got snubbed by the leaders of the Southwestern Conference. They want nothing to do with him.

On being ignored........ then angry and jealous.

This sounds like the man is somewhat self-centered and egotistical.
Could this be related to his stature?
He appears to me to be overly concerned about his appearance.
Was Linda getting a bit old and he "needed" a trophy?

Wasn't he at one time bald? I know others may disagree with me,
but one who insists on wearing a "rug" and then later when getting
a hair-transplant (hairline keeps chging)... doesn't this convey something
abt one's personality? His other brother's hair is not like Danny's.

To me, just another indication of his psyche.

+Quote Post
no_cults
post Sep 16 2007, 11:28 AM
Post #38

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,322

QUOTE(calvin @ Sep 15 2007, 10:36 PM) *
Or a face saving announcement that Danny is leaving to persue other interest or spend more time with his family.

I happened to hear Jim Gilly yesterday at the Dallas 1st church.
I will surely have to agree that the man is smooth and very articulate.
The man sure know how to raise money.

Watch the service on-line or d/l the wmv file.

I am still praying that he may be the man to get 3abn out of the ditch
they are in right now.

http://www.dallasfirstchurch.org/sermons.html

+Quote Post
SandyColorado
post Sep 17 2007, 12:18 PM
Post #39

Member No.: 599

QUOTE(princessdi @ Sep 15 2007, 06:56 PM) *
....Or a "contract" worker who makes significantly more than they did as an employee.........

This is what I am wondering... How and what will DS be paid? Will he keep his salary and his perks - or will that go away?

+Quote Post
Rosyroi
post Sep 17 2007, 07:06 PM
Post #40

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,536

Was wonderning how the housecleaning will be done if any.
JMHO

--------------------

"Joy, Love, Peace, Long Suffering, Gentleness, Goodness, Faith, Meekness, and Self Control are what being full of the Holy Spirit is all about." Galations 5.

"Don't waste your time waiting and longing for large opportunities which may never come, but faitfully handle the little things that are always claiming your attention..." F.B. Meyers

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B. 2007

"For GOD so LOVED you and me..." John 3:16

"I believe that there is a devil, and here's Satan's agenda. First, he doesn't want anyone having kids. Secondly, if they do conceive, he wants them killed.
If they're not killed through abortion, he wants them neglected or abused physically, emotionally, sexually...One way or another, the legions of hell want to destroy children because children become the future adults and leaders. If they (legions) can warp or wound a child, he or she becomes a warped or wounded adult who passes on this affliction to the next generation". -Terry Randall in TIME Magazine, October 21, 1991

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Sep 17 2007, 09:19 PM
Post #41

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,960

Why not ask Elder Gilley and report back what he says.

+Quote Post
appletree
post Sep 17 2007, 09:43 PM
Post #42

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,244

QUOTE(lowender @ Sep 16 2007, 04:35 AM) *

I will agree with one thing that you said. It is true that Danny and Linda when she was there were pretty much, only known in the adventist world.

I will take issue with the fact of crowds at the airport. Have you been there? I have. The events that I am talking about usually happened in some smaller islands or countries where there were a lot of Adventist people. For many 3ABN is the only christian television they have access to. On those occasions, there have been crowds at the airport and once a red carpet was even rolled out from the plane to the car and a band was playing. All for them. The place was probably 75% Adventist. Several times dignitaries from those particular countries have attended. Linda was also there at these particular events.

As far as your other claim that mostly only Adventists with cable would know them....what world have you been living in? They are on cable stations, UHF stations, Satellites that send the signal to many parts of the world, those that have sky angel dishes , Dish Network and probably several others that I am not even thinking of. Certainly enough Adventists have viewed and supported 3abn to keep it growing and growing for 23 years. That support has been made up of hundreds of thousands of people.

You have been fed wrong information on your little Gaither story. Some of the Shelton's (including Danny) have sang on the same stage with the Gaither's. It was many years ago and it happened more than once and yes they did know each other. This seems very similar to the Kirk Talley story which was also false. Not to mention how trivial are posts of this nature.

So you have met with ALL the members of the Southwestern conference and know for a fact they ALL want nothing to do with him? Good. Maybe you will get an opportunity to prove that since you stated it as fact. I would be interested to see you name them all and give the time and place that you had this discussion with them and exactly what was said by each one.

+Quote Post
appletree
post Sep 17 2007, 09:56 PM
Post #43

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,244

QUOTE(calvin @ Sep 15 2007, 10:36 PM) *

Well, we are glad it isn't that way here. Why don't you ask your brother, Calvin? He and his wife were just here. Another office is being added on for Jim G since Danny is keeping his.

As far as spending more time with his family he will be doing that whether he chooses to or not. You see, tonight he is in the hospital after undergoing a heart cath and stent surgery in his heart. He didn't have the typical symptoms so it was caught almost too late. There are other arteries involved in worse shape, and down the road after they reach a certain percentage of thickening, he will have a bypass.

No doubt his activities will be limited for awhile but by God's grace he will be back to work doing what God called him to do as soon as he recovers.

He's like a mailman. Neither rain nor sleet, nor hail or heart disease will keep him from the ministry he has nurtured all of these years.

This post has been edited by appletree: Sep 17 2007, 09:57 PM

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Sep 17 2007, 10:25 PM
Post #44

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

I will agree with one thing that you said. It is true that Danny and Linda when she was there were pretty much, only known in the adventist world.

This right here was really unnecessary, and un-Christlike. This is why you all will always be seen as petty and mean.

I will take issue with the fact of crowds at the airport. Have you been there? I have. The events that I am talking about usually happened in some smaller islands or countries where there were a lot of Adventist people. For many 3ABN is the only christian television they have access to. On those occasions, there have been crowds at the airport and once a red carpet was even rolled out from the plane to the car and a band was playing. All for them. The place was probably 75% Adventist. Several times dignitaries from those particular countries have attended. Linda was also there at these particular events.

Now, this I believe, considering the countries of which you speak, I believe it.
As far as your other claim that mostly only Adventists with cable would know them....what world have you been living in? They are on cable stations, UHF stations, Satellites that send the signal to many parts of the world, those that have sky angel dishes , Dish Network and probably several others that I am not even thinking of. Certainly enough Adventists have viewed and supported 3abn to keep it growing and growing for 23 years. That support has been made up of hundreds of thousands of people.

I go to A\a SDA church and I am fourth generation Adventist. I had never hear od Danny, Linda, and barely 3ABN before they brought this mess to out attention here at BSDA. My Mom watches 3ABN, and she still wouldn't know Linda or Danny if they walked up and slapped her. Ther is only one lady in my church who faithfully watches 3ABN, and that i since Linda left. She was very surprised and appalled that Linda had never been mentioned, and she thought that DAnny had not at all remarried after his wife died to this day, becuase all he talked about was raising his daughter alone. For the most part if someone mentions 3ABN, most ask, "what is tha?"

You have been fed wrong information on your little Gaither story. Some of the Shelton's (including Danny) have sang on the same stage with the Gaither's. It was many years ago and it happened more than once and yes they did know each other. This seems very similar to the Kirk Talley story which was also false. Not to mention how trivial are posts of this nature.

Naw, sharing the stage upteen yesars ago means nothing. There is a very famous gospel family who lives in the Bay Area. When I was young I was in a choir and we were often asked to sing at their musicals. We have been on the stage with Daryl Coley, and ALL of the Hawkins. Our choir used to do a concert at James Cleveland's church(before he passed) for several years, by his request), that does not mean they know my name today. Now, They all at least know my face as my uncle is a well known musician in the area, but that's it. If someone asken them if they knew Diane, The would say, "Diane who?". In fact to this day, If I speak to Walter Hawkins, he speaks looking as if he knows me but from "where". Until I tell him who my uncle is, it doesn't click with him..He doesn't know me! and it is ok. Many folks have shared the stage with The Gaithers, and Bill, Gloria, and not even Jesse{Dixon} knows their name. the ones they know and remember are all ons tage with them now, today, frequently. They dont' know Danny , like that.
So you have met with ALL the members of the Southwestern conference and know for a fact they ALL want nothing to do with him? Good. Maybe you will get an opportunity to prove that since you stated it as fact. I would be interested to see you name them all and give the time and place that you had this discussion with them and exactly what was said by each one.
[/quote]

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
beartrap
post Sep 17 2007, 10:29 PM
Post #45

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,659

QUOTE(appletree @ Sep 17 2007, 08:43 PM) *
On those occasions, there have been crowds at the airport and once a red carpet was even rolled out from the plane to the car and a band was playing.

Wow! That is very impressive! How nice for a televangelist to be so magnificently recognized by adoring crowds who love to see and pay homage to a man who they see on TV, with red carpets and bands. I guess something similar, but smaller, happened once for the Creator when he rode a little borrowed donkey into a town and some small kids waved palm branches and sang some songs for him.

+Quote Post

30 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 01:47 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church