Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=15240&st=60 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 02:47:44 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

30 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Jim Gilley Takes Over As President
PeacefulBe
post Sep 18 2007, 06:33 PM
Post #61

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,169

Why would appletree create a story such as this one about Danny if it could not be verified? Does that really make any sense? It would immediately call his credibility into question, IMO.

For what it's worth, I have confirmed the story from another source. How about if we try to discuss the issues without quite so much rancor and accusations and each say a prayer for our brother in Christ, Danny Shelton?

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
justice4jesus
post Sep 18 2007, 06:39 PM
Post #62

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,268

Tommy's heart problems have worsened in the midst of the current controversy. In the meantime, Danny has developed heart problems, which have worsened in the midst of the current controversy.

Does anyone besides me see a pattern developing here?

Of course, prayer is in order. It is not good for anyone to go through something like this, Tommy and Danny included. My point, however, is that stress is a major trigger of heart-related complications, among other things. If Tommy and Danny would both come forward and unburden themselves, I fully believe that they would both be very surprised at how much better they would feel.

Appletree, if there are any among us who truly hate Danny, they are not in the will of God. However, contrary to what you may believe, most of us here do not hate him. To the contrary, we wish to see him stopped in his tracks before he does more damage to the work of the Lord, not to mention further damage to himself. You may never understand this, but that is indeed the language of love. God loves Danny, and so does any true Christian.

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Sep 18 2007, 08:43 PM
Post #63

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Let's not forget that the Shelton family has a strong hereditary tendency to heart disease.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
lowender
post Sep 18 2007, 08:51 PM
Post #64

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,696

QUOTE(Skyhook @ Sep 18 2007, 12:42 PM) *
lowendere, not to nit pick, but I think you intended to say "Southeastern CA Conference," rather than Southewestern Conference.

Yeah... Thanks!

+Quote Post
lowender
post Sep 18 2007, 09:03 PM
Post #65

Advanced Member

APPLETREE: "rumors, gossip and defamation"

Who began that by trashing his wife on his TV show?

APPLETREE: "faithful to the call"

Does doing God's work give a person license to divorce & remarry with absolutely NO Biblical grounds?

APPLETREE: "false allegations"

like "spiritual adultery"?

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Sep 18 2007, 09:54 PM
Post #66

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,960

QUOTE(PeacefulBe @ Sep 18 2007, 07:33 PM) *
Why would appletree create a story such as this one about Danny if it could not be verified? Does that really make any sense? It would immediately call his credibility into question, IMO.

It didn't make sense for him to have claimed to talk to Kevin Paulson, and then to refuse to explain the discrepancy. So who knows what he would do?

For what it's worth, I have confirmed the story from another source.

Which hospital is he at? I'd like to let some of his family know who haven't heard anything about it.

QUOTE(justice4jesus @ Sep 18 2007, 07:39 PM) *
Appletree, if there are any among us who truly hate Danny, they are not in the will of God. However, contrary to what you may believe, most of us here do not hate him.

Can it be said that Danny does not hate us? If so, why did he take the opportunity to lash out when Elder Gilley was being introduced as president, and tell the whole world that we are enemies of the Gospel?

AppleTree, when Joe Smith got real ugly with Calvin, did he do that out of love or out of hate? Which was it? Does the Gospel lead one to say things like what Joe Smith said?

+Quote Post
appletree
post Sep 18 2007, 09:59 PM
Post #67

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,244

For what it's worth, I have confirmed the story from another source. How about if we try to discuss the issues without quite so much rancor and accusations and each say a prayer for our brother in Christ, Danny Shelton?

Thanks for this PB. Does this not speak volumes for the people here on this forum to think anyone would make this up?

+Quote Post
appletree
post Sep 18 2007, 10:22 PM
Post #68

Advanced Member

QUOTE(justice4jesus @ Sep 18 2007, 07:39 PM) *
Tommy's heart problems have worsened in the midst of the current controversy. In the meantime, Danny has developed heart problems, which have worsened in the midst of the current controversy.

Does anyone besides me see a pattern developing here?

Yes there is a pattern here. A father who was disabled with a massive heart attack at the age of 35 leading to death at 51. Many of his brothers and sisters have died from the same. All in the present immediate family have high blood pressure, high cholestrol or both. Those signs did not manifest themselves in Danny as it had the others. Tommy has had 5 heart caths and 4 stents put in his heart over the years. He has suffered a major heart attack and the beginnings of another when another emergency procedure took place. 2 more of the siblings have extremely high blood pressure and cholestrol which they are on medication for. Danny's sister has been diagnosed with 3 leaking valves in her heart.

Danny has never had high BP or cholestrol or chest pains like the others have. He thought the faulty heart genes had past him by. Last week his BP shot up about 30 points. Very unusual and nothing like that had ever happened to him before. As a safety measure he had some tests which showed blockages on Friday. He was told he needed a heart cath immediately but waited until Sunday to go to a heart hospital. Monday at 12 30 pm a heart cath was performed and a stent inserted to open up one blockage. He was diagnosed with coronary artery disease on 2 of the main arteries that can only be repaired through bypass surgery. The arteries are at 50% blockage now. When they reach 70% the surgery will be performed.

Danny has not ate meat, dairy or sugar for many many years. Proof again of this hereditary heart disease. The doctor that performed the procedure told him that this problem in him was genetic. The same with Tommy.

So for all of you who are saying these problems are caused from their own sins, think again. Do you hand down that judgement on everyone you have ever known that had heart disease? If you or someone you know is diagnosed with cancer is that some kind of retribution for your sins? Hardly.
Sickness is a result of sin that's true. But it started with Adam and Eve's sin and sickness and death is the penalty.

+Quote Post
appletree
post Sep 18 2007, 10:36 PM
Post #69

Advanced Member

QUOTE(lowender @ Sep 18 2007, 10:03 PM) *
APPLETREE: "rumors, gossip and defamation"

Who began that by trashing his wife on his TV show? Prove it
APPLETREE: "faithful to the call"

Does doing God's work give a person license to divorce & remarry with absolutely NO Biblical grounds? Again, prove it.
APPLETREE: "false allegations"

like "spiritual adultery"?

I have yet to see you prove one thing lowender. Those that call what Pickle and Joy publish, proof, are not very familiar with the law. It is really very simple. You should be thanking 3abn for bringing this lawsuit against the savenot site. This way you will be able to see Bob and Gailon's attempts at proving their allegations. The smart thing to do would be to hold up with your rumors, speculation and accusations until you see how much they accomplish with their own so called "evidence." You can call someone a thief, a liar, a drug addict or any number of other things, but if you cannot show absolute proof, you are blowing in the wind.

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Sep 18 2007, 10:42 PM
Post #70

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(appletree @ Sep 18 2007, 08:59 PM) *
Thanks for this PB. Does this not speak volumes for the people here on this forum to think anyone would make this up?

Appletree, it speaks volumes of some on both sides. It would be nice to get to some real dialogue where every individual here would view each other as worthy of respect and care and, dare I say, Christian love? But, instead we are left with so many barbs and hooks and words of accusation and villification all around.

IMO you passed this information about Danny's heart problems along as if it were of little importance. This well after your long post about his fame and popularity, almost as an afterthought. Perhaps this is where some of the disbelief in the truth of your announcement has developed. Danny having heart problems is a serious issue, far more important than how recognizable he is. This is a time when he, his wife, his daughter, his grandchildren, his brothers and sister and his friends are faced with uncertainty and need to be surrounded with support and the prayers of all. I pray that he and his loved ones have this.

--------------------
Got Peace?

+Quote Post
justice4jesus
post Sep 18 2007, 10:52 PM
Post #71

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,268

QUOTE(appletree @ Sep 18 2007, 11:22 PM) *
Yes there is a pattern here. A father who was disabled with a massive heart attack at the age of 35 leading to death at 51. Many of his brothers and sisters have died from the same. All in the present immediate family have high blood pressure, high cholestrol or both. Those signs did not manifest themselves in Danny as it had the others. Tommy has had 5 heart caths and 4 stents put in his heart over the years. He has suffered a major heart attack and the beginnings of another when another emergency procedure took place. 2 more of the siblings have extremely high blood pressure and cholestrol which they are on medication for. Danny's sister has been diagnosed with 3 leaking valves in her heart.

Danny has never had high BP or cholestrol or chest pains like the others have. He thought the faulty heart genes had past him by. Last week his BP shot up about 30 points. Very unusual and nothing like that had ever happened to him before. As a safety measure he had some tests which showed blockages on Friday. He was told he needed a heart cath immediately but waited until Sunday to go to a heart hospital. Monday at 12 30 pm a heart cath was performed and a stent inserted to open up one blockage. He was diagnosed with coronary artery disease on 2 of the main arteries that can only be repaired through bypass surgery. The arteries are at 50% blockage now. When they reach 70% the surgery will be performed.

Danny has not ate meat, dairy or sugar for many many years. Proof again of this hereditary heart disease. The doctor that performed the procedure told him that this problem in him was genetic. The same with Tommy.

So for all of you who are saying these problems are caused from their own sins, think again. Do you hand down that judgement on everyone you have ever known that had heart disease? If you or someone you know is diagnosed with cancer is that some kind of retribution for your sins? Hardly.
Sickness is a result of sin that's true. But it started with Adam and Eve's sin and sickness and death is the penalty.

I am fully aware of the family history of health problems, and I am very sorry that it continues it's assault on the Sheltons. I truly am, and God knows that, whether anyone else believes it or not. Yes, I do know the Sheltons....and I will release more factual tidbits about my connections to the family as I am ready to do so. Right now, I am not ready, so please do me the favor of not asking.

My implication is not that these health problems are the result of any sin. My implication is that they are worsened by the stress and spiritual conviction resulting from the cover-up of these sins. Stress WILL do that. I have suffered a heart attack myself, so I'm not in unfamiliar territory here. I do know what I'm talking about. Stress DOES worsen such conditions. I'm proof of that.

I'm not trying to be unsympathetic here, but there are ways that Tommy and Danny can relieve the stress in their lives and therefore take a lot of the strain off their hearts. There is something that they can do....they just won't do it. There will be a price to pay for this in the long run if they don't do what they know they should do, and no one with a heart of their own wants to see this happen to Tommy or Danny.

In short, Appletree, you know what I'm getting at here, and I know that you know. I really shouldn't have even had to explain it.

+Quote Post
lowender
post Sep 18 2007, 11:42 PM
Post #72

Advanced Member

QUOTE(appletree @ Sep 18 2007, 11:36 PM) *
I have yet to see you prove one thing lowender. Those that call what Pickle and Joy publish, proof, are not very familiar with the law. It is really very simple. You should be thanking 3abn for bringing this lawsuit against the savenot site. This way you will be able to see Bob and Gailon's attempts at proving their allegations. The smart thing to do would be to hold up with your rumors, speculation and accusations until you see how much they accomplish with their own so called "evidence." You can call someone a thief, a liar, a drug addict or any number of other things, but if you cannot show absolute proof, you are blowing in the wind.

Appletree... I have yet to see you prove anything yet...

But truthfully, do you think any of us would be on here had Danny not dumped his wife?

+Quote Post
lowender
post Sep 18 2007, 11:53 PM
Post #73

Advanced Member

I wonder if Danny's cardiologist told him to keep away from the internet just to keep his blood pressure down?

Any comments Appletree?

+Quote Post
Richard Sherwin
post Sep 19 2007, 05:09 AM
Post #74

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,231

For the last couple of years there have been calls for Danny to leave 3abn. Danny's supporters have said that God is in charge of 3abn and that He should be the one to remove Danny. Maybe since Danny has refused to step down willingly God is seeing fit to force the issue.

As we pray for Danny's physical healing lets also pray for his spiritual healing and that God's will be done in his life.

Richard

+Quote Post
Shepherdswife
post Sep 19 2007, 06:28 AM
Post #75

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,439

QUOTE(appletree @ Sep 18 2007, 11:59 PM) *

It is interesting to me that BSDA posters' sceptical response to the statement that you made, almost as an afterthought, with no back-up verification for well over a day, on a discussion board where claims and allegations are tossed around by people with no face or name every day, should be used by you to categorize "the people here on this forum". no.gif

As to why anyone would "make this up", are you saying that no one would make it up because it is so tragic? I have seen a number of claims here that have been tragic, life altering, unbelievably painful for those involved or affected, yet they were made. Were they made up? They haven't provided proof yet so I don't know. Just like I didn't know if your story was true until it was verified.

Speaking for myself, my sceptic factor is too high from all the information posted here to believe that "No one would do that!" for just about anything... scratchchin.gif

+Quote Post

30 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 01:47 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church