Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=15240&st=45 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 02:47:42 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

30 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Jim Gilley Takes Over As President
beartrap
post Sep 18 2007, 01:00 AM
Post #46

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,659

QUOTE(appletree @ Sep 17 2007, 08:56 PM) *
Well, we are glad it isn't that way here. Why don't you ask your brother, Calvin? He and his wife were just here. Another office is being added on for Jim G since Danny is keeping his.

As far as spending more time with his family he will be doing that whether he chooses to or not. You see, tonight he is in the hospital after undergoing a heart cath and stent surgery in his heart. He didn't have the typical symptoms so it was caught almost too late. There are other arteries involved in worse shape, and down the road after they reach a certain percentage of thickening, he will have a bypass.

No doubt his activities will be limited for awhile but by God's grace he will be back to work doing what God called him to do as soon as he recovers.

He's like a mailman. Neither rain nor sleet, nor hail or heart disease will keep him from the ministry he has nurtured all of these years.

Cath, stent, and future bypass. I do request that the Creator reaches out to him and touch his soul with true healing.

It is sad, yet no surprise, to hear that a mere man is the real nurturing force behind this "ministry." People are subject to so much failure, disappointment and destructive action when they presume to be the nurturing force behind something where the Creator is represented as the nurturing force. The Creator is only real nurturer and entity capable of being in ministry to the human soul. So many of us have learned that the hard way.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
beartrap
post Sep 18 2007, 02:02 AM
Post #47

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,659

You have been fed wrong information on your little Gaither story. Some of the Shelton's (including Danny) have sang on the same stage with the Gaither's. It was many years ago and it happened more than once and yes they did know each other. This seems very similar to the Kirk Talley story which was also false. Not to mention how trivial are posts of this nature.

I have no doubt that some of the Sheltons, including Danny, have sung on the same stages that The Gaithers have performed on, many years ago. I have no doubt that Jimmy Baker, and Jimmy Swaggert have also performed on those various stages. As another illustrious actor onces asked, "whooptiedoo Basil, what does it all mean?" I tend to wonder if Lowender is referring to the debacle on the Gaither Alaska Cruise, that resulted in the Alaska cruise that 3ABN tried to launch... where a ship was booked and then cancelled.

So you have met with ALL the members of the Southwestern conference and know for a fact they ALL want nothing to do with him? Good. Maybe you will get an opportunity to prove that since you stated it as fact. I would be interested to see you name them all and give the time and place that you had this discussion with them and exactly what was said by each one.

So Lowender stated for a fact that he had met with "ALL" of the members of the conference? It would be interesting to see you give the time and place where he said that. Maybe you will have the opportunity to prove that since you stated it as fact.

This post has been edited by beartrap: Sep 18 2007, 07:23 AM

+Quote Post
lowender
post Sep 18 2007, 07:33 AM
Post #48

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,696

Appletree...

If Danny Shelton is loved & respected by so many people, then why aren't they coming to his aid & defense during these tough times that Danny has been undergoing? Why are donations down? If these famous people, like Bill Gaither, are friends of his, then why aren't they stepping up to speak well for him & endorse his ministry?

If the leaders of the Southwestern Conference still favor Danny, then why is he never out here anymore holding his 3ABN rallies or recording SDA events? A lot of important SDA events happen out in Loma Linda, La Sierra, etc...

+Quote Post
LaurenceD
post Sep 18 2007, 08:49 AM
Post #49

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,035

QUOTE(beartrap)
So Lowender stated for a fact that he had met with "ALL" of the members of the conference? It would be interesting to see you give the time and place where he said that. Maybe you will have the opportunity to prove that since you stated it as fact.

HEY! Now you're starting to mince words like them!

I thought it was crafty, and almost devilish, for appletree to phrase it like he did...
"So you have met with ALL the members of the Southwestern conference and know for a fact they ALL want nothing to do with him? Good."

Of course lowender meant "all." That would include both the living and deceased, past and current, top and bottom, offical and unoffical leaders. Absolutely! All of them! (tic)

--------------------
Disclaimer Notice: You are hereby cautioned that the information contained within these posts are for the sole purpose of provoking thought, adding fair comment on matters of public interest, and not providing factual information. These posts do not reflect the actual thoughts or intentions of the person writing under this username since said person is not in any position to know. No effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of any personal view, opinion, or hyperbole presented. Therefore, by disclosing, copying, or distributing these posts to others, such information must subsequently be confirmed in writing, signed and dated, by the actual person, or persons, posting behind username LaurenceD.

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Sep 18 2007, 10:50 AM
Post #50

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

Appletree, I don't know if this was really acknowledged. As you placed very matter of factly in the midst of your post, and Beartrap is the only one who has responded. I am truly sorry to hear this. In spite of what you all believe, Danny is not our enemy and still our brother in the Family of God. I pray his healing in the Matchless Name of Jesus. Amen!

QUOTE(appletree @ Sep 17 2007, 08:56 PM) *
As far as spending more time with his family he will be doing that whether he chooses to or not. You see, tonight he is in the hospital after undergoing a heart cath and stent surgery in his heart. He didn't have the typical symptoms so it was caught almost too late. There are other arteries involved in worse shape, and down the road after they reach a certain percentage of thickening, he will have a bypass.

No doubt his activities will be limited for awhile but by God's grace he will be back to work doing what God called him to do as soon as he recovers.

He's like a mailman. Neither rain nor sleet, nor hail or heart disease will keep him from the ministry he has nurtured all of these years.

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
Skyhook
post Sep 18 2007, 11:42 AM
Post #51

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,121

QUOTE(lowender @ Sep 18 2007, 08:33 AM) *
Appletree...

If Danny Shelton is loved & respected by so many people, then why aren't they coming to his aid & defense during these tough times that Danny has been undergoing? Why are donations down? If these famous people, like Bill Gaither, are friends of his, then why aren't they stepping up to speak well for him & endorse his ministry?

If the leaders of the Southwestern Conference still favor Danny, then why is he never out here anymore holding his 3ABN rallies or recording SDA events? A lot of important SDA events happen out in Loma Linda, La Sierra, etc...

lowendere, not to nit pick, but I think you intended to say "Southeastern CA Conference," rather than Southewestern Conference.

+Quote Post
appletree
post Sep 18 2007, 12:06 PM
Post #52

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,244

QUOTE(princessdi @ Sep 18 2007, 11:50 AM) *
Appletree, I don't know if this was really acknowledged. As you placed very matter of factly in the midst of your post, and Beartrap is the only one who has responded. I am truly sorry to hear this. In spite of what you all believe, Danny is not our enemy and still our brother in the Family of God. I pray his healing in the Matchless Name of Jesus. Amen!

Thanks Di,

I admit I looked at this lack of response as just another example of the level of hate that is shown here towards Danny. I know everyone here doesn't feel that way, but there are plenty that obviously do. Many attitudes reflect only a love for the rumors, gossip and defamation where Danny is concerned. Several here have made clear that they enjoy this destruction. How sad. Certainly Danny has faults and weaknesses. That doesn't make him guilty of the many accusations here.

If any here are without faults or weakness, please prepare yourselves for translation. Surely it will come.

Sure, we can say Danny is held to a higher standard because of his position. But, isn't the same true for the pastors, lay pastors and those who hold positions in their churches, and yet, participate in the gossip and rumor mill that has become entertainment here at BSDA?

He is just a man that was called to do God's work and has been faithful to the call. He is hurt by unkind remarks and false allegations just like you and I are. He has shed tears over what this, "so called campaigne to save 3abn" has done to wound God's ministry. Those of you that want to see Danny suffering have accomplished that to a certain degree, but at the same time, you have caused God's work to suffer which is a much more serious offense.
Every legal action that 3abn has taken has been to protect the ministry. Nothing else.

No, I am not surprised at the lack of compassion and concern for this recent turn of events involving Danny's heart condition. Those that love to hate, will continue to do so. Nope. No surprise there.

This post has been edited by appletree: Sep 18 2007, 12:09 PM

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Sep 18 2007, 12:30 PM
Post #53

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(appletree @ Sep 18 2007, 11:06 AM) *
Thanks Di,

I admit I looked at this lack of response as just another example of the level of hate that is shown here towards Danny. I know everyone here doesn't feel that way, but there are plenty that obviously do. Many attitudes reflect only a love for the rumors, gossip and defamation where Danny is concerned. Several here have made clear that they enjoy this destruction. How sad. Certainly Danny has faults and weaknesses. That doesn't make him guilty of the many accusations here.

If any here are without faults or weakness, please prepare yourselves for translation. Surely it will come.

Sure, we can say Danny is held to a higher standard because of his position. But, isn't the same true for the pastors, lay pastors and those who hold positions in their churches, and yet, participate in the gossip and rumor mill that has become entertainment here at BSDA?

He is just a man that was called to do God's work and has been faithful to the call. He is hurt by unkind remarks and false allegations just like you and I are. He has shed tears over what this, "so called campaigne to save 3abn" has done to wound God's ministry. Those of you that want to see Danny suffering have accomplished that to a certain degree, but at the same time, you have caused God's work to suffer which is a much more serious offense.
Every legal action that 3abn has taken has been to protect the ministry. Nothing else.

No, I am not surprised at the lack of compassion and concern for this recent turn of events involving Danny's heart condition. Those that love to hate, will continue to do so. Nope. No surprise there.

appletree,

Don't be too quick with your assumptions. Some of us read your announcement last night and went immediately to praying for our brother Danny Shelton. If you do a bit of investigating, you will also find that there has been an announcement made and a request for more prayers in the Prayer Request section of this site.

I must say, though, that charging that this exercise here on the 3abn Forum is in any way making God's work suffer is a bit over the line, IMO. God's truth is marching on. Keep in mind that if all of us here and 3abn fall silent, the rocks will cry out. Nothing will halt God's work.

PeacefulBe

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
LaurenceD
post Sep 18 2007, 01:21 PM
Post #54

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,035

QUOTE(PeacefulBe)
Don't be too quick with your assumptions.

I'll second that. Many of us are probably not just a little incredulous. Many are probably waiting to get confirmation from reliable sources, not by some negative sounding anonymous poster on some "entertainment" web site. Something seems wrong. This is not the right place for such an announcement. It's hard to believe. It would be helpful to have a press release including the hospital where cards, flowers, and sympathies can be sent. And, the thing that may be causing some people here to be reluctant is blaming them for something that may well have been self-inflicted. We're all too familiar with this kind of blame game.

In any case, if true, my thoughts, prayers, and best wishes for recovery are with he and his family.

--------------------
Disclaimer Notice: You are hereby cautioned that the information contained within these posts are for the sole purpose of provoking thought, adding fair comment on matters of public interest, and not providing factual information. These posts do not reflect the actual thoughts or intentions of the person writing under this username since said person is not in any position to know. No effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of any personal view, opinion, or hyperbole presented. Therefore, by disclosing, copying, or distributing these posts to others, such information must subsequently be confirmed in writing, signed and dated, by the actual person, or persons, posting behind username LaurenceD.

+Quote Post
SoulEspresso
post Sep 18 2007, 02:16 PM
Post #55

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,262

QUOTE(appletree @ Sep 18 2007, 12:06 PM) *
I know everyone here doesn't feel that way, but there are plenty that obviously do. Many attitudes reflect only a love for the rumors, gossip and defamation where Danny is concerned. Several here have made clear that they enjoy this destruction.

I haven't seen this even once, appletree. It's not destruction that anyone here wants, neither of Danny nor of 3ABN. Repentance and reform perhaps ... if Danny would publicly admit that he had no biblical grounds for divorce and libeled Linda on international TV, that would be a good start.

Earlier on another thread I asked if there were anything 3ABN should have done differently; you wrote,

QUOTE(appletree @ Sep 5 2007, 10:59 AM) *
If I were Danny or a member of the board would I have done anything different. Absolutely. I would have put that proof out there immediately to prove that the board had reason to dismiss the VP and to prove that Danny had a right to remarry.

I would have pushed Mark Finley, at that time, to make a public statement about what conclusions he came to from his involvement in the situation.

I would have put out signed public statements by more than 98% of the employees giving specific incidents to show her attitude, her total focus on self, her disregard for the employees, her obsession with being in power and the falsehoods that she told where her secretary usually took the fall . These things can and will be proven in court, if need be.

IMO, had these things been done in the beginning we all certainly wouldn't be here today.

So, the PR mistake was to take the high road in the beginning so as not to hurt Linda and look where it got them.

In other words, according to you, 3ABN's mistake was not in presenting evidence that Linda had committed adultery. It was "the high road" instead to insinuate adultery on international TV without any evidence?

Who enjoys destruction, appletree? dunno.gif

Back to the post at hand:

I hope and pray for Danny's full recovery. Perhaps this time of prayer would give him a chance to reflect on the best course of action he could take for the ministry and the church. If he really loves Jesus and the gospel, he'd realize that (especially considering what you're saying here) it isn't about Danny Shelton, but about God's work.

This whole situation is inhibiting the work, and the quicker a resolution, the sooner everyone can get on with evangelism. For that reason, perhaps the best things Danny could do would be to withdraw his lawsuit and resign from 3ABN entirely. Resigning would give him the chance to explore more entrepreneurial work for the church (the next frontier for evangelism is online--venues such as Second Life for example), and at the same time would take him out of the public eye so he could spend some time with the Lord and with Brandi, and recover his reputation. Certainly it would slow down these discussions.

This assumes your POV is correct, appletree, and that Danny is largely innocent. All the evidence we've seen has painted quite a different picture.

It's quite a conundrum. 3ABN allowed accusations to come out against Linda without evidence. They claimed to have evidence and never presented it. Now they're suing the guys who asked for the evidence, and tried to have the lawsuit hidden so the evidence would never be seen by the public. If the evidence really exists, couldn't it have been distributed to people who needed it without such an egregious violation of the counsel of Scripture and other inspired writings?

I'm really not trying to be smug, but answers from Danny have not been forthcoming, and they're about 3 years overdue. Perhaps he could contribute to his own recovery by coming clean? dunno.gif

This post has been edited by SoulEspresso: Sep 18 2007, 02:19 PM

--------------------
"The entire world is falling apart because no one will admit they are wrong."
--
Don Miller, Blue Like Jazz.

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Sep 18 2007, 02:26 PM
Post #56

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

I was really hoping you would not use this opportunity for a "Danny is God's Man" commercial.

Kenneth Lay died of a heart attack, guilty as sin! Danny can and seesm to be guilty of most allegations. Stress from tryin' to work that out by himself will defintiely get you. However, I digress.

I was really tempted to ask Calvin if we can at least take today to stop this and just pray for Danny's health. Whatever the reasons, he needs healing today. It is really bad to kick a man while he is down. That is not to say he should not answer for all the things he has done wrong, however, no one here wants him to die. His healing is most important. Another chance to repent and make things right. Maybe some will do this voluntarily.

QUOTE(appletree @ Sep 18 2007, 11:06 AM) *
Thanks Di,

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
Shepherdswife
post Sep 18 2007, 03:43 PM
Post #57

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,439

QUOTE(appletree @ Sep 18 2007, 02:06 PM) *
Thanks Di,

I admit I looked at this lack of response as just another example of the level of hate that is shown here towards Danny. I know everyone here doesn't feel that way, but there are plenty that obviously do. . .

I went to the 3ABN website to see if there was any confirmation, and found nothing. (Still nothing this evening) Even did a search, but again nothing. So I was not sure with all the anonymous posting that goes on here whether to believe it or not, and was waiting for another, maybe more "official" source. If it is true, I wish him peace and healing.

Just because you don't see a response doesn't mean it does not happen. There are a lot of things I don't respond to, doesn't mean I don't notice them, feel sad about them, get frustrated at them, wish I could change them, grieve over them.

shepherdswife

+Quote Post
SoulEspresso
post Sep 18 2007, 04:40 PM
Post #58

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,262

It could well be that the medical situation is unresolved blink.gif and that they're not announcing anything until more is known. Don't take this the wrong way, SW, but I don't think appletree would make something like this up. Why would anyone?

I'm sure we'll know the details soon enough.

--------------------
"The entire world is falling apart because no one will admit they are wrong."
--
Don Miller, Blue Like Jazz.

+Quote Post
Shepherdswife
post Sep 18 2007, 05:38 PM
Post #59

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,439

QUOTE(SoulEspresso @ Sep 18 2007, 06:40 PM) *
I don't think appletree would make something like this up. Why would anyone?

I wasn't meaning to insinuate that anyone would. Just after being online for over 12 years, I am cautious the first time I hear something, until it is corroborated by a source I know is trustworthy. A good portion of the stories reported here, by either side--by people I have no personal knowledge of, are put in the "wait and see" category if told by one person only. Doesn't mean I don't believe them, just don't put them in the "fact" column immediately.

And there are more ways that stories get circulated then being "made up". I was once accused of hiring people to work for me in my plant nursery on Sabbath, so I could go preach. Were they "making it up"? No, just jumping to conclusions from second and third hand knowledge. I am sure you have seen things being reported as fact, with the best of intention, that ended up being exaggerated or even way off base.

shepherdswife

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Sep 18 2007, 06:09 PM
Post #60

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,960

QUOTE(appletree @ Sep 18 2007, 01:06 PM) *
He is just a man that was called to do God's work and has been faithful to the call.

Aren't you being a bit brazen, AppleTree? Danny was faithful to God's call when he bought a $135,000 asset from 3ABN for $6,139? That's God's work? God told him to do that? Are you being serious?

Or are you saying that the documents the Franklin County Courthose has on file are all a lie? That Danny and Linda and Walt signed documents that were all lies? Or are you saying that someone forged those documents, and the whole thing never happened, but someone forgot to tell Walt that it never happened, because he thinks it really did happen?

What exactly are you trying to say?

What are Danny's plans for repayng that roughly $129,000? Or for 3ABN's filing an amended 990 for 1998?

QUOTE(appletree @ Sep 18 2007, 01:06 PM) *
... events involving Danny's heart condition.

I didn't know he had a heart condition. He didn't mention it on Tommy's tribute. When was he diagnosed?

QUOTE(SoulEspresso @ Sep 18 2007, 05:40 PM) *
Don't take this the wrong way, SW, but I don't think appletree would make something like this up. Why would anyone?

I hear that people close to the situation are unable to verify any of this, and can't find out what hospital he is in. Maybe AppleTree can help us out on this one. Maybe this one isn't made up like his calling up Kevin Paulson was.

But honestly, if I were in Danny's shoes, I wouldn't be feeling real well either.

AppleTree, if you share with us which hospital he is in, he will probably get deluged with sympathy cards.

+Quote Post

30 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 01:47 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church