Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=15254&st=45 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 02:54:00 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> How Does Asi Play Into All This?
Aletheia
post Sep 10 2007, 05:34 PM
Post #46

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 2,621

QUOTE(Musashi @ Sep 10 2007, 07:04 PM) *
So what is the official position, the one on their website or the one that is filed in the lawsuit documentation. I ask because filing something false in a legal document is a crime. So we either have a choice of: 1. They are lying to the SDA church in the joint declaration or 2. They are committing an outright crime.

I understand you're not wanting to hash this out on this thread as it is somewhat "off topic", but since it keeps repeating and does show an example of how conflicting reasons are given out and how such conflicting reasoning can be seen in the failed ASI mediation as well, I felt it safe to respond.

The official position is laid out in the link I gave on 3ABN's website and what was said in both civil case must be interpreted according to that...

That's all I'm going to say here, for this has been brought up in other threads and the answers which were given were just ignored or just denied without proof.

I meant what I said, I'm not rehashng things in thread after thread repetatively, when those asking ignore what was said b4.

I'm sorry, but I'm done with this thread and topic, so am not going to say anymore here in this thread.

Those who have honest questions can ask them in reply to the ongoing discussion, and mine and other's answers elsewhere.

God bless...

This post has been edited by Aletheia: Sep 10 2007, 05:40 PM

--------------------
And ye shall not swear by my name falsely, neither shalt thou profane the name of thy God: I am the LORD. .. in righteousness shalt thou judge thy neighbour.

Thou shalt not go up and down as a talebearer among thy people: neither shalt thou stand against the blood of thy neighbour: I am the LORD. Thou shalt not hate thy brother in thine heart: thou shalt in any wise rebuke thy neighbour, and not suffer sin upon him. Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the LORD. Lev 19:12-18

Pro 26:20 Where no wood is, there the fire goeth out: so where there is no talebearer, the strife ceaseth.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
AHillock
post Sep 10 2007, 06:20 PM
Post #47

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,360

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Sep 10 2007, 05:25 PM) *
Are you talkin about Garwin M? He's the only wealthy donor who has been brought up here who is from or was from Minnesota?? Others will correct me if I am wrong. biggrin.gif

If so, what has he had to say, that has controlled 3ABN, or concerns you or us?

Yeah that is him (I think he got rich off of wind farms?). What I have heard from a family friend close to the situation is that Garwin M has known about what has been going on at 3abn and has threatened to pull his substantial donations from 3abn if some change did not take place. I haven't been able to verify this myself, so just take it as it is. However it is pretty interesting that there has been a "outward" change in leadership at 3abn as a result. Interesting that Danny Shelton is taking a tour/show up to Dodge Center, MN the home of Garwin M in a few weeks. This issue engulfing 3abn has made waves amongst those who support it, hopefully those who have the power/say at 3abn will stick to their Christian principles and ensure that this mess is taken care of in an appropriate manner so we can put this behind us.

This post has been edited by AHillock: Sep 10 2007, 06:24 PM

+Quote Post
Musashi
post Sep 10 2007, 06:25 PM
Post #48

Member No.: 4,291

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Sep 10 2007, 06:34 PM) *
The official position is laid out in the link I gave on 3ABN's website and what was said in both civil case must be interpreted according to that...

That's all I'm going to say here, for this has been brought up in other threads and the answers which were given were just ignored or just denied without proof.

I meant what I said, I'm not rehashng things in thread after thread repetatively, when those asking ignore what was said b4.

I'm sorry, but I'm done with this thread and topic, so am not going to say anymore here in this thread.

Those who have honest questions can ask them in reply to the ongoing discussion, and mine and other's answers elsewhere.

God bless...

Even though we may not agree, I do thank you for trying to clarify and, as I said, I understand you not wanting to rehash the issue since their are threads that deal specifically with that. Thank you for trying and God bless...

--------------------
How vain it is to sit down to write when you have not stood up to live.
--Henry David Thoreau

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Sep 10 2007, 06:45 PM
Post #49

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

A bit ago, Aletheia, you said:

Rational people still need evidence and proof...

Yes, we do.

And then you quoted:

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Sep 10 2007, 04:13 PM) *
1Th 5:21 Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.

I take this seriously, Aletheia. It's why I came here in the first place and why I am deterimned to find out The Truth. I believe it can and will be found on both sides but will only be truly manifested when all of the spin, manipulation, threats and desperate denial are set aside and the battle is fought according to God's will. Until that time, the adversary just sits back and chortles with glee at the clever way he is leading many of us right into his lair.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Sep 10 2007, 07:34 PM
Post #50

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,960

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Sep 10 2007, 05:08 PM) *
The problem is bob PRESUMES" that some of those (note that even he doesn't dare to suggest it's all??l) who voted relied ONLY on Harold Lance's account of the situation. Being that he,(Bob) Joy and Matthew's wrote so very much to Lance and 3ABN, which supports Lance's account that's hard to believe... So although it is easy for Bob, being the party ASI finds ar fault, ( nd his supporters who buy all that he says to condemn 3abn and all associated with them) to assume, or want to believe that the ASI statement represents a uninformed and partial consensus, it is not necessarily the case...

Rational people still need evidence and proof...

You have misconstrued my words. Why?

I did not say that I presumed that some had relied on Harold Lance's account. I said very clearly that I presumed that the folks in question voted for the statement.

But it is possible that my presumption that they voted for it is incorrect.

+Quote Post
Snoopy
post Sep 10 2007, 09:23 PM
Post #51

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,808

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Sep 10 2007, 04:56 PM) *
Excuse me. I wasn't giving my opinion... Actually, who cares about my opinion, or Judge Saylor's?
You asked, in Post #1
Then you posted:
So, I gave you a link to their official position here:
Yes, I know you have a secoond question, but don't pretend your first question wasn't answered here. It was. You wanted the official position of 3ABN, you got it.

Your second question is a dead horse you are beating to death, as even you admit, it has been brought up in more then a few recent threads, I say it's answered you and other's say no.

So why don't you, and the others go and address what's posted in one of those threads if you think your question is not answered satisfactorily? I personally am not into repeating myself and very much doubt others who have responded to that topic are either. smile.gif

The joint declaration clearly indicates that 3ABN is closely affiliated with the SDA Church, hence the word "JOINT"!!! To help with your confusion, here is a link to the dictionary definition of "joint":

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/joint

But 3ABN's lawsuit against Joy and Pickle states UNEQUIVOCALLY that 3ABN is NON-DENOMINATIONAL. You can't have it both ways depending on what court you are in or which judge you are trying to fool. I'm sorry that you don't understand that, but apparently the board doesn't either, so you're not alone!

I'm also sorry that you apparently had a REALLY BAD DAY - hope tomorrow goes better!!

Nite Al! I hope you sleep well! wave.gif

This post has been edited by Snoopy: Sep 10 2007, 09:42 PM

+Quote Post
Artiste
post Sep 11 2007, 01:51 AM
Post #52

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,569

QUOTE(AHillock @ Sep 10 2007, 05:20 PM) *
Yeah that is him (I think he got rich off of wind farms?). What I have heard from a family friend close to the situation is that Garwin M has known about what has been going on at 3abn and has threatened to pull his substantial donations from 3abn if some change did not take place. I haven't been able to verify this myself, so just take it as it is. However it is pretty interesting that there has been a "outward" change in leadership at 3abn as a result. Interesting that Danny Shelton is taking a tour/show up to Dodge Center, MN the home of Garwin M in a few weeks. This issue engulfing 3abn has made waves amongst those who support it, hopefully those who have the power/say at 3abn will stick to their Christian principles and ensure that this mess is taken care of in an appropriate manner so we can put this behind us.

AHillock, two hours ago you asked "I am curious does anyone know the name of the really wealthy businessman from Minnesota...".

Now two hours later, you know what town he lives in and report that a family friend said he is threatening to pull donations, etc. It sounds like you already knew quite a bit about him.

Why the questions, AHillock?

This post has been edited by Artiste: Sep 11 2007, 01:56 AM

+Quote Post
AHillock
post Sep 11 2007, 08:27 AM
Post #53

Member No.: 4,360

QUOTE(Artiste @ Sep 11 2007, 02:51 AM) *
AHillock, two hours ago you asked "I am curious does anyone know the name of the really wealthy businessman from Minnesota...".

Now two hours later, you know what town he lives in and report that a family friend said he is threatening to pull donations, etc. It sounds like you already knew quite a bit about him.

Why the questions, AHillock?

Actually after I got his name I googled him since I was curious what his story was. Nothing at all besides that.

+Quote Post
Clay
post Sep 11 2007, 08:30 AM
Post #54

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(AHillock @ Sep 11 2007, 09:27 AM) *
Actually after I got his name I googled him since I was curious what his story was. Nothing at all besides that.

feel free to ask as many questions as you wish... as the saying goes the only stupid question is the one that goes unasked.....

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
YogusBearus
post Sep 11 2007, 08:31 AM
Post #55

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,905

QUOTE(AHillock @ Sep 11 2007, 09:27 AM) *

AH, I suspect Ms. Artiste is trying to make a case that you are somehow less then genuine in your questions. Seems to be a hazard in this section...

-bear

--------------------

+Quote Post
Clay
post Sep 11 2007, 08:34 AM
Post #56

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(YogusBearus @ Sep 11 2007, 09:31 AM) *
AH, I suspect Ms. Artiste is trying to make a case that you are somehow less then genuine in your questions. Seems to be a hazard in this section...

-bear

seems so.... unfortunate that sometimes our paranoia gets in the way of our politeness....

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Sep 11 2007, 07:38 PM
Post #57

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(Clay @ Sep 11 2007, 07:34 AM) *
seems so.... unfortunate that sometimes our paranoia gets in the way of our politeness....

Do you suppose Calvin would permit a 12-step program forum where we could refer some folks to Paranoiacs Anonymous? And while we are at it, set up programs for all the rest of the stuff that ails us? Like LC Feinds Anonymous, etc.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
Daryl Fawcett
post Jan 13 2008, 11:34 AM
Post #58

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,851

With the way things went with ASI in relation to trying to resolve this before the lawsuit, why did ASI back out?

Who really controls ASI?

Is it another organization?

Is it a very rich person?

What or who?

This post has been edited by Daryl Fawcett: Jan 13 2008, 11:34 AM

--------------------
In His Love, Mercy, and Grace!

Daryl Fawcett
Administrator
Maritime SDA OnLine
http://www.maritime-sda-online.com

+Quote Post
jakann
post Jan 13 2008, 12:01 PM
Post #59

Member No.: 2,647

QUOTE(Daryl Fawcett @ Jan 13 2008, 11:34 AM) *
Who really controls ASI?

I think it might be the Scots since most money and power come from people whose last name starts with "Mc". And if you are into banking, steel, cement trucks (formerly) and/or making the worst ever junk food from factories in Arkansas and Collegedale, in complete contradiction to SDA teachings as well as promoting predatory sales practices under the banner of a little girl named "Debbie"---well, you might be able to have a seat at the table of ASI.

But to further the question, should we be surprised that ASI has not taken a firm stance on this when it is known that ASI has cast out certain members for fidelity to God? Should we not be surprised that ASI has turned holy tithes and offerings away from their intended purpose? Nor should we be surprised when we know that ASI has gone against its own rules of order for accepting people into membership. And, we should not be surprised when officers of ASI were caught lying about certain matters dealing with membership and were forced to make a public apology!

But then, maybe we will soon need to start a new topic, "ASI: The Saga of the ASI ministry". God forbid.

--------------------
And Samuel hacked Agag in pieces before the LORD. 1 Samuel 15:33

If it walks like a duck.......

+Quote Post
Daryl Fawcett
post Jan 14 2008, 09:03 AM
Post #60

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,851

It seems that I am receiving vibrations here about ASI that should also concern the powers that be in the SDA Church?

--------------------
In His Love, Mercy, and Grace!

Daryl Fawcett
Administrator
Maritime SDA OnLine
http://www.maritime-sda-online.com

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 01:54 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church