Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=15475&st=15 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 02:54:57 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

22 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Hospitalization Of Danny Shelton, Forwarded Announcement from Club Adventist
Ian
post Sep 19 2007, 05:10 PM
Post #16

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,103

QUOTE(beartrap @ Sep 19 2007, 05:01 PM) *
Danny is very careful with his diet, and has been for a long time. He will not hardly eat anything with sugar or that has much fat content. He eats a lot of fruit. He seems to have a hereditary problem that has most likely been exacerbated by stress. Considering the family history, I would say that he has done remarkably well to go this long before it flared up, and that is probably due to his careful diet and exercise. When it comes to health habits (apart from not getting enough sleep) Danny has been quite exemplary for many years.

Thank you for your explanation.

This post has been edited by Ian: Sep 19 2007, 05:31 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
daylily
post Sep 19 2007, 05:10 PM
Post #17

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,715

I saw this happen in my grandmother's life. She had 9 brothers. Her oldest died in his mid-40s from a heart attack. Bby age 50, every one of her brothers except one had had at least one heart attack. She made dietary changes and got a phenomenal amount of exercise, often walking 10-15 miles a day in mountain terrain. She had one mild heart attack in her late 70s, then died in her 80s of kidney failure related to Type 1 diabetes. Sometimes heredity catches up with you but you can often put it off.

+Quote Post
Brick Step
post Sep 19 2007, 05:33 PM
Post #18

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,624

QUOTE(simplysaved @ Sep 19 2007, 08:48 AM) *
Stress is definitely a varible that has nothing to do with diet....It is difficult even for the strongest Christian when you have little relief from stress that you can't put away, give to someone else or escape. He is definitely in my prayers.

Could it be said that experiencing a broken heart is a type of “stress?” If so Christ, who died of a broken heart, died from stress, so that there is a type of stress that is not sin.

Denny mentioned that not all stress is bad.

Obviously nobody else in this fallen world has been, is or will be called to endure the horrible sense of possibly eternal separation from the Father that Jesus experienced in AD 31, in Gethsemane and on the cross. But without question outgoing love for souls on territory fiercely claimed by Satan, also engages Christ’s followers in a warfare which can place huge “stresses” upon them. There is assuredly peace and rest to be found in Jesus. But there must be also for them an experiencing of a type of stress which can wear down their life forces, but which experience does not come under the umbrella of lack of trust, a guilty conscience, negative thinking - or sin. What do others think?

I disagree with some of Danny's judgments, but must say "thanks" for others. He's certainly in my prayers, as are all speaking out on BSDA.

+Quote Post
Rosyroi
post Sep 19 2007, 08:48 PM
Post #19

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,536

Along with everyone else in this forum I pray for Danny's full recovery to good health.

amen.gif

--------------------

"Joy, Love, Peace, Long Suffering, Gentleness, Goodness, Faith, Meekness, and Self Control are what being full of the Holy Spirit is all about." Galations 5.

"Don't waste your time waiting and longing for large opportunities which may never come, but faitfully handle the little things that are always claiming your attention..." F.B. Meyers

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B. 2007

"For GOD so LOVED you and me..." John 3:16

"I believe that there is a devil, and here's Satan's agenda. First, he doesn't want anyone having kids. Secondly, if they do conceive, he wants them killed.
If they're not killed through abortion, he wants them neglected or abused physically, emotionally, sexually...One way or another, the legions of hell want to destroy children because children become the future adults and leaders. If they (legions) can warp or wound a child, he or she becomes a warped or wounded adult who passes on this affliction to the next generation". -Terry Randall in TIME Magazine, October 21, 1991

+Quote Post
appletree
post Sep 19 2007, 09:22 PM
Post #20

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,244

QUOTE(inga @ Sep 19 2007, 01:38 PM) *
Folks who use dairy products are also called "vegetarians," and these can be as bad as meat for the circulatory system. I was also wondering about the "life long vegetarion," and beartrap answered that one for me.I was quite surprised to find that one one of the musicians in our church lowered his blood pressure by 1/3 just by changing his thinking pattern -- letting go and letting God.Exactly. Ellen White pointed out that she was shown that sugar is worse than meat in its harm to the body. It's possible to be "vegetarian" and eat a less healthy diet than those who consume moderate amounts of meat.
Indeed! Perhaps we should pray for Danny that he will watch some of Dr. McDougal's and other health programs on 3ABN and put his counsel into practice. Praying for God to perform miracles to undo our every-day choices strikes me as presumptuous.

Just for the record, Danny has been a vegetarian for around 20 years but for almost as long, eliminated sugar and dairy from his diet. His exercise has been basketball. He doesn't have coronary artery disease because he needed to be stricter with his diet. It has been strict enough and his cardiologist told him as much. The verdict was heredity. In cases like this diet and exercise can slow it down but can't stop it. Along with his diet he will now have to take medication to also slow the process.

+Quote Post
appletree
post Sep 19 2007, 09:25 PM
Post #21

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,244

QUOTE(Brick Step @ Sep 19 2007, 06:33 PM) *
Could it be said that experiencing a broken heart is a type of “stress?” If so Christ, who died of a broken heart, died from stress, so that there is a type of stress that is not sin.

Denny mentioned that not all stress is bad.

Obviously nobody else in this fallen world has been, is or will be called to endure the horrible sense of possibly eternal separation from the Father that Jesus experienced in AD 31, in Gethsemane and on the cross. But without question outgoing love for souls on territory fiercely claimed by Satan, also engages Christ’s followers in a warfare which can place huge “stresses” upon them. There is assuredly peace and rest to be found in Jesus. But there must be also for them an experiencing of a type of stress which can wear down their life forces, but which experience does not come under the umbrella of lack of trust, a guilty conscience, negative thinking - or sin. What do others think?

I disagree with some of Danny's judgments, but must say "thanks" for others. He's certainly in my prayers, as are all speaking out on BSDA.

I think you have brought up some very valid points.

+Quote Post
no_cults
post Sep 19 2007, 09:30 PM
Post #22

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,322

QUOTE(simplysaved @ Sep 19 2007, 09:48 AM) *
Stress is definitely a varible that has nothing to do with diet....It is difficult even for the strongest Christian when you have little relief from stress that you can't put away, give to someone else or escape. He is definitely in my prayers.

Do you remember the verse in the Bible...

1Pe 5:7
Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.

This is a beautiful text - and one of my most favorite.
The more you think about it, the more precious it is.

+Quote Post
Ozzie
post Sep 20 2007, 01:26 AM
Post #23

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,395

QUOTE(no_cults @ Sep 20 2007, 01:30 PM) *
Do you remember the verse in the Bible...
1Pe 5:7
Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.

This is a beautiful text - and one of my most favorite.
The more you think about it, the more precious it is.

Indeed, it is a beautiful verse; one that my husband and I cling to.

We pray for Danny's recovery, according to God's Will too.

--------------------
"It's important that people know what you stand for. It's equally important that they know what you won't stand for."
~ Mary Waldrop.

+Quote Post
ex3ABNemployee
post Sep 20 2007, 02:14 PM
Post #24

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,722

QUOTE(Rosyroi @ Sep 19 2007, 09:48 PM) *
Along with everyone else in this forum I pray for Danny's full recovery to good health.

amen.gif

and amen.gif

--------------------
Duane Clem

It's not about religion, it's about a relationship.

Gems of Wisdom
"Lisa and Ronda are not Danny's biological father." -- wwjd, 2/8/07
"Watchbird, The facts prove the above lie." -- wwjd, 2/13/07
"Another lie that can be proven..." -- Bystander, 3/18/07
"The thing about lies is they can be proven." -- Aletheia, 3/22/07
"I am not here to argue" -- Aletheia, 4/24/07
"She didn't move to 3ABN, she moved to Illinois" -- Aletheia, 4/25/07
"Hope is liberal. 3abn is not." -- steffan, 6/9/07
"Danny Shelton does not decide what goes on the air, period." -- appletree, 8/22/07

http://www.save-3abn.com/
http://www.investigating3abn.info/
http://rescue3abn.blog.com/
http://www.abundantrest.org/?p=74
http://abundantrest.org/2007/02/18/3abn-sa...ons-retirement/
http://anewsabbathschool.blogspot.com/2006...ain-wrecks.html
http://cafesda.blogspot.com/2006/08/atoday...bn-news_21.html
http://www.atoday.com/email/2007/02/12/
http://spectrummagazine.typepad.com/the_sp...eans_and_e.html

+Quote Post
Hersheys99
post Sep 21 2007, 12:25 AM
Post #25

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 1,672

Sorry to hear that & he will be in my prayers.

--------------------
My second favorite household chore is ironing. My first one being -- hitting my head on the top bunk bed until I faint.
-Erma Bombeck-

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut her up with cookies.
(Unknown)

+Quote Post
beartrap
post Sep 21 2007, 01:15 AM
Post #26

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,659

QUOTE(Hersheys99 @ Sep 20 2007, 11:25 PM) *
Sorry to hear that & he will be in my prayers.

Awwww.... Hersheys. What a cutie! There is nothing so precious as the smell of a baby that age, and the little expressions on their tiny faces as they act and react. From the night each of my four babies was born, I did the night feedings and changes, and came home from work thoughout the day to take care of them. The babies spent many nights of their early years sleeping on my chest, and I loved all of it. To this day those are my favorite memories. Every one of my kids were the up-all-night kind until they were at least four, but I loved every moment of it, and am SOOOOO glad that it happened that way. My kids and I were able to form the tightest of bonds. Babies are such a wonderful thing!

+Quote Post
Ian
post Sep 24 2007, 03:33 PM
Post #27

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,103

QUOTE(sister @ Sep 19 2007, 04:59 AM) *
I was forwarded the following announcement that was posted on Club Adventist:

Here is the announcement on the 3ABN website.

Announcements
Update On Danny Shelton's Health!

Danny Shelton, Founder of Three Angels Broadcasting Network, was admitted to St. Johns Hospital in St. Louis, Missouri on Sunday, September 16, 2007. Doctors discovered that he had severe arterial blockage to his heart and placed a stent in the main artery to relieve that problem. They also indicated they would be treating other blocked blood vessels with medication while stressing the seriousness of his advanced heart disease.

"All of us at 3ABN are praying for Danny's complete recovery" said Pastor James Gilley, newly elected President and CEO of the organization. Pastor Gilley added “For twenty-two years, Danny has poured his whole life into this ministry. He will continue to be in our prayers as he recuperates." Danny has been a vegetarian for almost twenty-three years who exercises regularly, however, his father died at an early age of heart disease.

Danny recently requested that the Board of Directors invite Pastor Gilley to become President of 3ABN, allowing Danny to devote his energies to the international outreach of the ministry. He continues as the Founder and Corporate Consultant.

Danny was released from the hospital on Tuesday, September 18, 2007 and he asked that the 3ABN viewers, listeners and supporters continue to pray for him.

For more information you may contact Mollie Steenson, General Manager of 3ABN, at 618-627-4651 ext. 3009.

http://3abn.org/announcements.cfm

+Quote Post
justice4jesus
post Sep 24 2007, 08:09 PM
Post #28

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,268

That's CO-founder.

Prayers for Danny's speedy recovery.

+Quote Post
runner4him
post Sep 25 2007, 08:46 AM
Post #29

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,427

QUOTE(appletree @ Sep 19 2007, 09:22 PM) *
Just for the record, Danny has been a vegetarian for around 20 years but for almost as long, eliminated sugar and dairy from his diet. His exercise has been basketball. He doesn't have coronary artery disease because he needed to be stricter with his diet. It has been strict enough and his cardiologist told him as much. The verdict was heredity. In cases like this diet and exercise can slow it down but can't stop it. Along with his diet he will now have to take medication to also slow the process.

Appletree,

I am curious about your comment regarding "he doesn't have coronary artery disease because he needed to be stricter with his diet. It brought to my mind that while we try diligently at home to conform to the best diet and exercise program so often we are on the road traveling and eat at different tables...in the church, friend's homes, in the fast food lane at restaurants. The pickins are slim in the health department at many places and maybe this can be a wake up call for some of us with age against us. We can do much when younger that we cannot get away with as we age. How was Danny's diet on the road?

Maybe we could find ways to make better choices as we travel. It is a thought for me!

+Quote Post
LaurenceD
post Sep 25 2007, 11:16 AM
Post #30

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,035

I wonder where appletree has been lately. I hope he's doing okay.

--------------------
Disclaimer Notice: You are hereby cautioned that the information contained within these posts are for the sole purpose of provoking thought, adding fair comment on matters of public interest, and not providing factual information. These posts do not reflect the actual thoughts or intentions of the person writing under this username since said person is not in any position to know. No effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of any personal view, opinion, or hyperbole presented. Therefore, by disclosing, copying, or distributing these posts to others, such information must subsequently be confirmed in writing, signed and dated, by the actual person, or persons, posting behind username LaurenceD.

+Quote Post

22 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 01:54 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church