Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=15475&st=45 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 02:55:02 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

22 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Hospitalization Of Danny Shelton, Forwarded Announcement from Club Adventist
lowender
post Sep 26 2007, 10:32 PM
Post #46

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,696

QUOTE(summertime @ Sep 26 2007, 10:57 PM) *
If Brandy really loves him, and not just the glory of being married to the COFOUNDER of 3ABN, she will be by his side through thick and thin---and all the while she will encourage him and help each of them to make right the wrongs that they have done to so many---whatever that is. I am praying for them both. We should all pray for everyone that is entangled in this horrible mess that used to be whatever God meant for 3ABN to be.

I can't tell what others think. But I personally believe that Christ does not honor a marriage where a man discards his wife & as soon as that is done, goes & finds him a newer, younger wife...

This post has been edited by lowender: Sep 26 2007, 10:34 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Sep 26 2007, 10:41 PM
Post #47

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

Now, now Lowender, but now Danny cannot just turn around and throw Bandy away. There maybe genuine caring there, I don't know. However, I do know htat two wrongs don't make a right. What's done is done. dunno.gif Danny and Brandy(becaue she maybe 20 years young than Danny, but she was still grown enough to know that she should have waited until he ahndled he buisness, or no married him at all according to the way he handled. We might not know, but Brandy saw it first hand. Too women women thinking, "he won't do me like that, cuz........never mind) made that bed, they will have lie in it.
QUOTE(lowender @ Sep 26 2007, 09:32 PM) *
I can't tell what others think. But I personally believe that Christ does not honor a marriage where a man discards his wife & as soon as that is done, goes & finds him a newer, younger wife...

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
lowender
post Sep 26 2007, 10:58 PM
Post #48

Advanced Member

QUOTE(princessdi @ Sep 26 2007, 11:41 PM) *
Now, now Lowender, but now Danny cannot just turn around and throw Bandy away. There maybe genuine caring there, I don't know. However, I do know htat two wrongs don't make a right. What's done is done. dunno.gif Danny and Brandy(becaue she maybe 20 years young than Danny, but she was still grown enough to know that she should have waited until he ahndled he buisness, or no married him at all according to the way he handled. We might not know, but Brandy saw it first hand. Too women women thinking, "he won't do me like that, cuz........never mind) made that bed, they will have lie in it.

Oh I agree with that. Things like that just can't easily be undone, such as what Danny tried to do to his marriage with Linda...

"Do what you like, do what you wish. It's your life but remember this... There's bound to be some consequences, hidin' under other fences.." Clay Walker, from "Then What?"

+Quote Post
lurker
post Sep 27 2007, 06:10 AM
Post #49

Advanced Member

Member No.: 676

Seems like I remember someone joking, "If she dies, she dies."

+Quote Post
justice4jesus
post Sep 27 2007, 07:54 AM
Post #50

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,268

QUOTE(lurker @ Sep 27 2007, 07:10 AM) *
Seems like I remember someone joking, "If she dies, she dies."

rofl1.gif

I first heard that one told by the late Grandpa Jones during a skit on "Hee Haw".

+Quote Post
summertime
post Sep 27 2007, 08:27 AM
Post #51

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,655

QUOTE(princessdi @ Sep 26 2007, 11:41 PM) *

I, too, do not believe that God is happy with the marriage of Brandy and Danny. But according to the law of our land, and if the marriage was legitamized, she still owes him the duties of a good wife (whatever that may be in this case) Di was right when she said that 2 wrongs do not make a right. But now Brandy is in the position that she is in, for better or for worse, and she now should be a dutiful wife and take as much care of Danny as she can. I don't imagine that Brandy knew what she was in for---she was probably smug with making a prestigeous catch, and now the tables are turned on the both of them. But they still should be in our prayers 'summertime'

+Quote Post
Observer
post Sep 27 2007, 08:41 AM
Post #52

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,664

QUOTE(summertime @ Sep 27 2007, 08:27 AM) *
I, too, do not believe that God is happy with the marriage of Brandy and Danny. But according to the law of our land, and if the marriage was legitamized, she still owes him the duties of a good wife (whatever that may be in this case) Di was right when she said that 2 wrongs do not make a right. But now Brandy is in the position that she is in, for better or for worse, and she now should be a dutiful wife and take as much care of Danny as she can. I don't imagine that Brandy knew what she was in for---she was probably smug with making a prestigeous catch, and now the tables are turned on the both of them. But they still should be in our prayers 'summertime'

I do not immagine that God is ever happy with divorce. But, divorce happens, and people remarry.

Danny divorced Linda.

Danny has remarried.

At this point a new marriage has been established. I cannot concieve of a God that would want Danny to divorce his new wife on the basis that he did not have Biblical grounds to remarry. Regardless of the background of this present marriage, as I understand God, it is God's will that this present marriage be supported.

Brandy should be looked upon as a woman who has begun a new spiritual journey. As such we need to look toward her best spiritual interests. She should be supported in the spiritual journey that she has begun. It is not helpful to that journey of hers to look for sin in her past, or in her contribution to the marriage.

As I have stated several times: I have neither criticized Danny for the divorce, nor for the remarriage. I do not do that now. But, in my mind, any responsibility for any sin attached to this remarriage should be attributed to Danny, and not Brandy. While Brandy, in my mind has begun a new spiritual journey, Danny has been on his spiritual journey for a long time. He has assumed a position of spiritual leadership. With knowledge and experience comes responsibility.

NOTE: My focus is not to attribute blame to any person. It is to say that Brandy should not be our focus.

--------------------
Gregory Matthews posts here under the name "Observer."

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Sep 27 2007, 09:55 AM
Post #53

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Understood and agreed, Greg. My point is more from a woman's point of view, be she chirstian or not. More practical. We often make unwise decisions about our men, and compromise ourselves. To me this was a compromise for Brandy, if Danny was a godless heathen. She walked eye wide open into a situation she knew was at the very least, voatile and unresolved. That is always unwise. Often, not always, but often, men(and women) "move one" as a means of "resolving" the prior relationship, which is no resolution at all. So I am not so much p[laming her her for some sin(at this moment), but of making the same unwise choice of many, many women before her. ANd more of an observation, which is why the first comment was in parenthesis. So maybe my comments might need to be in "Sista' Talk". giggle.gif

QUOTE(Observer @ Sep 27 2007, 07:41 AM) *
I do not immagine that God is ever happy with divorce. But, divorce happens, and people remarry.

Danny divorced Linda.

Danny has remarried.

At this point a new marriage has been established. I cannot concieve of a God that would want Danny to divorce his new wife on the basis that he did not have Biblical grounds to remarry. Regardless of the background of this present marriage, as I understand God, it is God's will that this present marriage be supported.

Brandy should be looked upon as a woman who has begun a new spiritual journey. As such we need to look toward her best spiritual interests. She should be supported in the spiritual journey that she has begun. It is not helpful to that journey of hers to look for sin in her past, or in her contribution to the marriage.

As I have stated several times: I have neither criticized Danny for the divorce, nor for the remarriage. I do not do that now. But, in my mind, any responsibility for any sin attached to this remarriage should be attributed to Danny, and not Brandy. While Brandy, in my mind has begun a new spiritual journey, Danny has been on his spiritual journey for a long time. He has assumed a position of spiritual leadership. With knowledge and experience comes responsibility.

NOTE: My focus is not to attribute blame to any person. It is to say that Brandy should not be our focus.

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
Observer
post Sep 27 2007, 11:20 AM
Post #54

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,664

QUOTE(princessdi @ Sep 27 2007, 09:55 AM) *
Understood and agreed, Greg. My point is more from a woman's point of view, be she chirstian or not. More practical. We often make unwise decisions about our men, and compromise ourselves. To me this was a compromise for Brandy, if Danny was a godless heathen. She walked eye wide open into a situation she knew was at the very least, voatile and unresolved. That is always unwise. Often, not always, but often, men(and women) "move one" as a means of "resolving" the prior relationship, which is no resolution at all. So I am not so much p[laming her her for some sin(at this moment), but of making the same unwise choice of many, many women before her. ANd more of an observation, which is why the first comment was in parenthesis. So maybe my comments might need to be in "Sista' Talk". giggle.gif

often I will post based upon thought stimulated by another post. But, my post will be general in nature and not focused on the post that stimulated me.

That is true in this case.

--------------------
Gregory Matthews posts here under the name "Observer."

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Sep 27 2007, 11:41 AM
Post #55

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Oh, I knew that. Just wanted to explain further my intent. I was felt no offense at all. smile.gif
QUOTE(Observer @ Sep 27 2007, 10:20 AM) *
often I will post based upon thought stimulated by another post. But, my post will be general in nature and not focused on the post that stimulated me.

That is true in this case.

--------------------
TTFN
Di

+Quote Post
lurker
post Sep 27 2007, 04:27 PM
Post #56

Advanced Member

Member No.: 676

I have heard that in some countries where polygamy is the norm, new converts are required to put away all wives except one - leaving the rejected women without a husband or a means of support for themselves or their children. I have also heard that in the west we practice serial polygamy. More than one wife, just not all at the same time.

In the Seventh-day Adventist Church it seems to be easy enough to divorce and then "repent" or blame the ex while still enjoying the new relationship. In both cases and in both places the spouses and their children are victims of the putting away.

Young women who marry wealthy older men often do so for practical reasons, not for romance or passion. Brandy has always landed on her feet. She is young enough to marry again. She may need to.

This post has been edited by lurker: Sep 27 2007, 04:35 PM

+Quote Post
lowender
post Sep 28 2007, 12:32 AM
Post #57

Advanced Member

Looks like Danny is now the quintessential Sugar-Daddy...

With a trophy-wife younger than his daughter!

This post has been edited by lowender: Sep 28 2007, 12:35 AM

+Quote Post
Whitey
post Sep 28 2007, 03:51 AM
Post #58

Advanced Member

Member No.: 581

The annoying, judgmental immaturity expressed in posts #44, #46, #56, #57, brings to mind Truth speaking saying :

For He shall have judgment without mercy, who hath shown no mercy;
Blessed are the merciful, for they shall obtain mercy.
Judge not, that ye be not judged.
Condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned. Forgive, and ye shall be forgiven.
Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.
For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged;
and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

May I say here that the wise balanced way of messaging from summertime, sister, princessdi, Observer and a good number of others have been a role-model for me of merciful, mature comments in action. Thank you for being here to report on this issue of sin-in-the-camp of our favourite media network.

I believe you in third paragraph of whom I addressed, understand the teachings well of 1 Corinthians 5:12-13 “For what have I to do with judging those also who are outside? Do not ye judge those who are within? But those who are outside, God judgeth. Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person.”

+Quote Post
Clay
post Sep 28 2007, 04:38 AM
Post #59

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 4

QUOTE(lowender @ Sep 26 2007, 11:32 PM) *

you are not God, and what in essence you are saying is that there is a sin (divorce without biblical grounds and remarriage) that God won't forgive.... you don't know what God will honor..... David lusted after Bathsheba, had her husband killed, and made her pregnant.... What was God's response? The first child was lost because of that sin, that's what the bible suggests..... the next child from that union..... Solomon..... God forgives, and is much more compassionate than we are with each other.....so let's leave the divorce and remarriage thing alone.... its not gonna be undone, stick with the problems at 3abn that can be corrected.....

I suspect its a slow news day when all that can be commented on is Danny's marriage.... dunno.gif

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
SoulEspresso
post Sep 28 2007, 06:27 AM
Post #60

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,262

QUOTE(Observer @ Sep 27 2007, 08:41 AM) *
Danny divorced Linda. Danny has remarried. At this point a new marriage has been established. I cannot concieve of a God that would want Danny to divorce his new wife on the basis that he did not have Biblical grounds to remarry. Regardless of the background of this present marriage, as I understand God, it is God's will that this present marriage be supported.

I find this post really helpful. Many of us were appalled at how Danny treated Linda, and believe he shouldn't have stayed in a role of public leadership. But on the new marriage, that ship has sailed.

It doesn't get anyone closer to Jesus if Danny's new marriage fails. A friend of mine likes to say that marriage isn't to make you happy, but to make you holy, and hopefully on this go-round it'll help one or both of them with that. We should pray to that end.

--------------------
"The entire world is falling apart because no one will admit they are wrong."
--
Don Miller, Blue Like Jazz.

+Quote Post

22 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 01:55 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church