Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=16436&st=15 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 03:00:11 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

15 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Propose Some "wisdom Of Solomon" Even At This Late Date?
Statrei
post Oct 16 2007, 09:11 AM
Post #16

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,919

I won't even attempt a substantive response.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Johann
post Oct 16 2007, 09:14 AM
Post #17

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(Statrei @ Oct 16 2007, 03:37 PM) *
Jesus has been misinterpreted as saying that the only grounds for divorce is adultery. We have repeated that lie so often that we now believe it to be truth.

Is it this kind of disagreements between lawyers that enables them to pick greenbacks from people's pockets?

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Oct 16 2007, 09:19 AM
Post #18

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 15

QUOTE(CPAATTY @ Oct 16 2007, 11:07 AM) *
We post for all levels, including professionals as well as the willing ignorant "engaged even with the CLOTH!" We hope you have "stumbling-around" intelligence of the level that would permit you to elide or slide past parts you do not fully understand due to spelling or some insignifigant inclusion by the writer. I hope you get the distinct unerstanding that retirement has pulled me from the courtroom looking for relief from one whose main ability is to tell you more and more about less and less or to the extent you understand everything about nothing!

Before I get away from you, let me inform you there are various and sundry jurisdictional legal causes and defenses for and against divorce. I approached the subject on the basis that the venue or subject matter was fairly well defined, maybe not to the jail-house lawyers in attendance!

Let us inject the defence of "CONDONATION" for church jurisprudence no matter what the laws of Guam or any other jurisdiction may allow. I personally would have severed full and complete disassociation in all respects from the offending party, especially the residential occupation part, once I discovered an alleged cause of action whether you call it spiritual adultry or spiritual infidelity. I think we have adequate admonition by the alleged prophet among us on dealing with unbelievers to whom we may be married! Alas, how complex we lawyers present ourselves! I will cease and desist for the present so as to get back to my full-time stock trading!

*Sung to the tune of Rawhide*

Trollin', trollin', trollin'...

And yes, if I chose, I could jump into the miry muck of flowery words and a surfeit of grandiose garrulousness right alongside you.. as could many others here...and go, toe to toe and blow for blow with you... but that would be a waste of time and energy. Open the doors and windows of your mind and let some fresh air in before the canary dies...

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
CPAATTY
post Oct 16 2007, 09:26 AM
Post #19

Advanced Member

Group: Banned
Member No.: 4,412

QUOTE(awesumtenor @ Oct 16 2007, 09:54 AM) *
Dude, we believe you when you say you're an attorney... your bona fides are established so you don't have to keep speaking legalese as proof... you're having a conversation, not entering a plea... otherwise people are going to look at your posts like this: blink.gif until they elect to not look at them at all...

Just a non-binding suggestion...

In His service,
Mr. J

Mr. J of which I am not convinced with the phrase posted, "In His service!

If the "phrase" is any indication of a clergy connection, I am well aware of the current statistical divorce rate of that vocation or avocation with a felt need of self-justification. I ask your forgiveness if I led you into a brick wall. I learned this from truckers with some unfortunate driving habits in dealing with auto drivers who habitually follow to closely.

If the "phrase" was simply optional, I see we have a vested interest in their current employment or have a fixed opinion toward self-justifications.

+Quote Post
Statrei
post Oct 16 2007, 09:29 AM
Post #20

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,919

QUOTE(Johann @ Oct 16 2007, 11:14 AM) *
Is it this kind of disagreements between lawyers that enables them to pick greenbacks from people's pockets?

Lawyers are involved in the writing of most laws. There is a good reason for writing laws that are subject to interpretation.

+Quote Post
judibug60
post Oct 16 2007, 09:35 AM
Post #21

Member No.: 4,245

well, all I can say, is, I am just a humble countrygirl with absolutely no understanding what so ever of a single word that has transpired here........
so....with that said....I believe I will just go right over here in the corner and sit down.......until something written in everyday english is written and then I can understand it......lolololol

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Oct 16 2007, 09:37 AM
Post #22

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

Welcome to BSDA CPAATY, We hope you enjoy yout time here.

Speaking for the Admin Staff. I might suggest that you familiarze yourself with the borad rules, as soon as possible. Your first sentence in the post below, bolded for your convenience, is an attack on another member. He was giving you advice, so that your point maybe more easily understood by the membership. Just as this post is a suugestion to make your time fellowshipping here at BSDA is long and enjoyble. Please take them both in the spirit christian fellowship and love in which was given, without personal atacks.

Thanks!

QUOTE(CPAATTY @ Oct 16 2007, 08:26 AM) *
If the "phrase" is any indication of a clergy connection, I am well aware of the current statistical divorce rate of that vocation or avocation with a felt need of self-justification. I ask your forgiveness if I led you into a brick wall. I learned this from truckers with some unfortunate driving habits in dealing with auto drivers who habitually follow to closely.

If the "phrase" was simply optional, I see we have a vested interest in their current employment or have a fixed opinion toward self-justifications.

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Oct 16 2007, 09:40 AM
Post #23

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 15

QUOTE(CPAATTY @ Oct 16 2007, 11:26 AM) *

Wrong on all counts... I believe we'll start a tally of your errant statements; it is the one thing at which most observers will agree that you seem most practiced...

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Oct 16 2007, 09:46 AM
Post #24

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(CPAATTY @ Oct 16 2007, 11:26 AM) *

Ooooooh.... but you are SO funeeeeeee! lol.gif...... not only do you entertain us with your voluble legalese.... but you jump at conclusions like the daring young man on the flying trapeze.....

So sorry about your encounters with brick walls.... wallbash.gif ......

When your head stops spinning, why not take a course in basic English and come back and try again...... wave.gif

(c'mon, judibug.... let's have a snack together while we wait)

snack.gif
TVsnack.gif

+Quote Post
judibug60
post Oct 16 2007, 09:51 AM
Post #25

Member No.: 4,245

QUOTE(watchbird @ Oct 16 2007, 10:46 AM) *
Ooooooh.... but you are SO funeeeeeee! lol.gif...... not only do you entertain us with your voluble legalese.... but you jump at conclusions like the daring young man on the flying trapeze.....

So sorry about your encounters with brick walls.... wallbash.gif ......

When your head stops spinning, why not take a course in basic English and come back and try again...... wave.gif
(c'mon, judibug.... let's have a snack together while we wait)

snack.gif
TVsnack.gif

sounds good to me Thanks for the invite smile.gif

+Quote Post
GRAT
post Oct 16 2007, 10:36 AM
Post #26

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,305

Can I join you two? I thought I was somewhat intelligent but that all left my head spinning. popcom.gif snack.gif TVsnack.gif

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Oct 16 2007, 10:45 AM
Post #27

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,709

Good day and welcome to bsda CPAATTY!

No matter how much it may hurt my brain this early in the day to get it around your words, I shall try, for I would do no less for any other new poster.

I do hope you enjoy your time here, there are an awful lot of intelligent folk here, but I would say many of them appreciate a "lighter" verse of terms, if for no other reason then to relax the brain while dissecting even the worst of topics.

I do hope you will stay and contribute, I believe you will be an asset to the family here.

SSOM

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website

+Quote Post
Skyhook
post Oct 16 2007, 10:48 AM
Post #28

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,121

QUOTE(GRAT @ Oct 16 2007, 11:36 AM) *
Can I join you two? I thought I was somewhat intelligent but that all left my head spinning. popcom.gif snack.gif TVsnack.gif

What I heard in those posts sounded like a burlesque of legalese or someone with a thought disorder.

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Oct 16 2007, 10:51 AM
Post #29

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(Skyhook @ Oct 16 2007, 09:48 AM) *
What I heard in those posts sounded like a burlesque of legalese or someone with a thought disorder.

roflmao.gif Now, that's a term I will have to remember. I like that. There are times when that would really fit. Not sure this is one of those (yet) but, none the less, I LOVE the term. I wonder if there is an official disease called that? Simple, yet so clear.

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website

+Quote Post
Skyhook
post Oct 16 2007, 11:19 AM
Post #30

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,121

QUOTE(sonshineonme @ Oct 16 2007, 11:51 AM) *
roflmao.gif Now, that's a term I will have to remember. I like that. There are times when that would really fit. Not sure this is one of those (yet) but, none the less, I LOVE the term. I wonder if there is an official disease called that? Simple, yet so clear.

SSOM, actually "formal thought disorder" is a real term used in psychiatry. It is a cluster of symptoms that indicate a serious disturbance. Those symptoms can include "disturbed thinking that can become obvious to observers through speech or writing that sounds strange or disconnected even to the point of being impossible to understand."

That in no way was intended to be a diagnosis of any person who has posted on this thread or this forum. I am not a psychiatrist or a psychologist.

+Quote Post

15 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 02:00 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church