Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=16436&st=30 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 03:00:13 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

15 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Propose Some "wisdom Of Solomon" Even At This Late Date?
lurker
post Oct 16 2007, 11:23 AM
Post #31

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 676

Another role, another character, yet another mask? Another prank at our expense?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
caribbean sda
post Oct 16 2007, 11:26 AM
Post #32

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,678

QUOTE(judibug60 @ Oct 16 2007, 11:35 AM) *
well, all I can say, is, I am just a humble countrygirl with absolutely no understanding what so ever of a single word that has transpired here........
so....with that said....I believe I will just go right over here in the corner and sit down.......until something written in everyday english is written and then I can understand it......lolololol

...any space in the corner for this island girl? rofl1.gif

--------------------
"Press on, regardless...what's to come is better than what's been...!"

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Oct 16 2007, 11:31 AM
Post #33

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(Skyhook @ Oct 16 2007, 10:19 AM) *
SSOM, actually "formal thought disorder" is a real term used in psychiatry. It is a cluster of symptoms that indicate a serious disturbance. Those symptoms can include "disturbed thinking that can become obvious to observers through speech or writing that sounds strange or disconnected even to the point of being impossible to understand."

That in no way was intended to be a diagnosis of any person who has posted on this thread or this forum. I am not a psychiatrist or a psychologist.

I have heard of that disorder. I just didn't make that association with the official term as I think it was the way you put your words and the timing of them in this thread that struck me the way it did and I just responded.

Therefore, I did not take it as you were diagnosing anyone either.

It is a very interesting illness - does it fit into sociopathic behavior anywhere?

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Oct 16 2007, 11:37 AM
Post #34

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(lurker @ Oct 16 2007, 10:23 AM) *
Another role, another character, yet another mask? Another prank at our expense?

Or, some might say one who wares many masks and has many characters? Time will tell I think.
Carry on....... scratchchin.gif

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

+Quote Post
Fran
post Oct 16 2007, 01:37 PM
Post #35

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 529

The Solomon test has already happened.

Once upon a time two mothers (Linda & Danny) had a baby (3ABN). Many years went by while both cared and loved that baby (3ABN).

Time passed and one mother (Danny) decided the baby (3ABN) was all hers (Danny’s). She (Danny) began networking to convince the court (3ABN Board) that the baby was all hers (Danny’s).

Then the day came when both mothers (Linda & Danny) came before the judges (3ABN’s Board) to give the baby to its real mother (Linda or Danny).

There were two reactions:

1. The real mother (Linda) decided to leave so the baby (3ABN) would not be hurt or cut in half. By her (Linda's) actions, we can tell she (Linda) was the real mother. She (Linda) knew that if she (Linda) fought, the judge/s would hurt the baby (3ABN). So she did as the real mother of the baby did in the story of Solomon. She (Linda) gave up her (Linda's) rights as a parent so the child (3ABN) would live. The true/real sacrifice.
2. The judges (3ABN Board) made a grievous error! They (The 3ABN Board) did not have the Wisdom of Solomon. They (The 3ABN Board) gave the baby (3ABN) to the wrong mother (Danny).

I ask you, who was the real mother?

Who loved the baby (3ABN) the most?

It is a shame Solomon was not here to do the judging. This travesty could have been avoided altogether IMO.

Yes, IMO Linda was the real mother. To save her baby (3ABN) she has bowed out and allowed all manner of evil to be spoken against her and remained silent. Why? Because she wants her baby (3ABN) to thrive and survive even if the baby (3ABN) is with the wrong parent!

As I see it, the Solomon actions have already happened and the true mother has been identified.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spiritual Adultery:

Doug Bachelor preached about adultery a while back and made a comment along the lines of what causes people to commit adultery.

I can’t find the post that was made regarding this sermon, but the comment was along these lines.

Many times one party of a marriage will withhold sex from their partner and this will cause the other to fall into sin (Commit Adultery). The comment is not exact, but the jest is there.

I was really angered at the comment. Someone else was too. They posted the same thing I was thinking!

The statement is full of error! There is NO EXCUSE FOR ADULTERY! People choose to commit adultery. It is not the fault of the partner! The partner did not cause anyone to commit adultery! Even if sex is withheld, or if the partner is sick and cannot have sex, this is no right of passage to commit adultery!

It sounded like he was excusing adultery if a spouse was withholding sexual rights. Then my thoughts ran to what has been posted about Danny and Linda.

Could it be that Danny would have others believe that Linda had “cut him off” thus forcing him to commit adultery?

Who moved out of the marital bed and into a downstairs bedroom?

Who was the one in the marital bed asleep while the partner was downstairs with another woman into the wee hours of the morning?

Just who cut who off?

If a spouse will not have sex with their partner, is this grounds for divorce since the partner “caused” the guilty party to commit adultery?

Just some questions; No conclusions.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

QUOTE(CPAATTY @ Oct 16 2007, 05:00 AM) *
2guns.gif clap.gif

This lawyer\cpa has seen a lot of "self justification" even in religious matters amongst many tied to the purse-strings of the church where administrators have a degree of direction, control if you must, which I heartily suggest as a hedge for "decency and order" in all respects as we are all still human. Once decency and order are breached, it takes too many resources to get the "ox out of the ditch" where it could be construed that the ox was placed there conveniently. The "placing" in this case is no exception to that rule.

I remember well the "camp meeting contacts" ab initio and wasn't too swift even then on "independent ministries" conveniently connected to the "regularly organized church" primarily from its financial resources. I became aware of human tendencies of some to embezzle from "church related funds" early in gaining my educational work for my dual profession. With this knowledge in hand, I am never surprised that a major player in an independent minestry may be tagged with possible misconduct where there is a possible breakdown in corporate governance. My years of "fact finding" in my dual profession speaks loud and clear of "red flags" needing further attention.

It appears to me that some have conveniently latched on to "spiritual adultry" rather than "physical adultry" for their degree of "self-justification" for their actions. We should all clearly understand that "adulty" within the relationships between the "HEVENLY PERSONAGE" involves even "THE VERY THOUGHTS!" Are all thoughts sinful or is it necessary for these thoughts to become "cherished" before they become sin? While I have avoided two areas of law, criminal and domestic relations, I see only "physical adultry" as biblical justification as last resort for divorce as I understand, for only myself, that thoughts, even cherished if they become, are not yet "matters between the married parties." We should all understand that both spiritual as well as physical adultry must be forgiven.

While I have formed my own opinion in this matter to self-justify any actions that may be required of me going forward, I query whether the wisdom of Solomon could be applied in this environment by the use of polygraph techniques in re the "crux of the problem" to possibly see which side would "walk with the baby" if the results thereof could be rightly determined from being conducted in a well defined environment while keeping in mind that the theory of "spiritual vs physical adultry" will not be resolved. Rather than being misled of evil, I will excuse my spouse for using "spiritual adultry" against me if they so desire while opting only for "physical adultry" for myself as a reason. Why would I take this position? Simply stated, true spiritual adultry can only be surmised by weak human beings if used as an "excuse" as it is only between the Creator and the created and fully understood only by the Godhead.

--------------------
The greatest want of the world is the want of men-- men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall. {Ed 57.3}
But such a character is not the result of accident; it is not due to special favors or endowments of Providence. A noble character is the result of self-discipline, of the subjection of the lower to the higher nature--the surrender of self for the service of love to God and man. {Ed 57.4}

+Quote Post
CPAATTY
post Oct 16 2007, 01:54 PM
Post #36

Advanced Member

Group: Banned
Member No.: 4,412

A lot of cats with long tails in the space when you rock around the acceptability of "spiritual adulty" for divorce apparently!

+Quote Post
LaurenceD
post Oct 16 2007, 02:11 PM
Post #37

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,035

The term "spiritual adultery" most significantly describes what happens in a Christ/Church relationship. It's been described as a marriage. It would probably include such things as following certain traditions, loving people (or one's own self) more than God, or even a certain application of the rhema affirmation process.

So, spiritual adultery could be a real concern at the compound.

EDIT: the more I think about this the less significant the term becomes to me in the D&LS breakup. The love of money can also become spiritual adultery. Christ said "a wicked and adulterous generation..." so there's another spiritual application of the term.

This post has been edited by LaurenceD: Oct 16 2007, 02:38 PM

--------------------
Disclaimer Notice: You are hereby cautioned that the information contained within these posts are for the sole purpose of provoking thought, adding fair comment on matters of public interest, and not providing factual information. These posts do not reflect the actual thoughts or intentions of the person writing under this username since said person is not in any position to know. No effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of any personal view, opinion, or hyperbole presented. Therefore, by disclosing, copying, or distributing these posts to others, such information must subsequently be confirmed in writing, signed and dated, by the actual person, or persons, posting behind username LaurenceD.

+Quote Post
Skyhook
post Oct 16 2007, 02:38 PM
Post #38

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,121

QUOTE(sonshineonme @ Oct 16 2007, 12:31 PM) *
I have heard of that disorder. I just didn't make that association with the official term as I think it was the way you put your words and the timing of them in this thread that struck me the way it did and I just responded.

Therefore, I did not take it as you were diagnosing anyone either.

It is a very interesting illness - does it fit into sociopathic behavior anywhere?

SSOM, it would not be ordinarily be associated with a real sociopath. It is actually diagnostic of Schizophrenia. Another symptom one might notice is loose associations ie. tying things together in a sentence or a conversation that do not actually fit. Makes you say, "Huh?" I suppose if someone wanted to play games they could fake it on the internet; perhaps with a little something on board that might loosen them up a little. It would be harder to do in person if they had to maintain the farce over a period of time, especially if they were trying to fool a professional.

+Quote Post
Statrei
post Oct 16 2007, 02:48 PM
Post #39

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,919

FRan, Jesus plainly taught that if one spouse puts the other away then that spouse is held responsible for any adultery that the spouse who has been put away may commit. We don't preach this but this is what He taught. We just can't handle the truth.

+Quote Post
beartrap
post Oct 16 2007, 03:37 PM
Post #40

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,659

QUOTE(CPAATTY @ Oct 16 2007, 12:54 PM) *
A lot of cats with long tails in the space when you rock around the acceptability of "spiritual adulty" for divorce apparently!

A lot of long tails with cats prance in the vaccum of space as the sanguine order of the criers for the supreme court of the book rock around the clock tonight, and raise a sugar-free one to the singular acceptability of spiritual adultery for divorce in the instance-based land where the law is a fluid that ebbs and flows with the lunar tides as the gravity of the force exerting the gravity determines, and as the full moon shows for that part of the world to see... perhaps.

+Quote Post
Snoopy
post Oct 16 2007, 07:04 PM
Post #41

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,808

QUOTE(beartrap @ Oct 16 2007, 04:37 PM) *
A lot of long tails with cats prance in the vaccum of space as the sanguine order of the criers for the supreme court of the book rock around the clock tonight, and raise a sugar-free one to the singular acceptability of spiritual adultery for divorce in the instance-based land where the law is a fluid that ebbs and flows with the lunar tides as the gravity of the force exerting the gravity determines, and as the full moon shows for that part of the world to see... perhaps.

Exactly.

Beartrap...could you please pass me some potatoes???

+Quote Post
Richard Sherwin
post Oct 16 2007, 07:05 PM
Post #42

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,231

roflmao.gif Say what? blink.gif uhm.gif

QUOTE(beartrap @ Oct 16 2007, 05:37 PM) *

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Oct 16 2007, 07:24 PM
Post #43

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(beartrap @ Oct 16 2007, 02:37 PM) *

I agree with you beartrap! Very wise words! Are you related to Solomon by any chance? scratchchin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Oct 16 2007, 07:26 PM
Post #44

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(beartrap @ Oct 16 2007, 05:37 PM) *

Ah, Beartrap...

"the instance-based land where the law is a fluid
that ebbs and flows with the lunar tides
as the gravity of the force
exerting the gravity determines".....

You have outdone your eloquant self in elocutionary excellence tonight.... surely this will inspire the bards of BSDA to come out and join in the fiddle'n fun.....

band.gif

Bluffalo Gals won'tcha come out tonight
come out tonight
come out tonight
Bluffalo Guys won'tcha come out tonight.....

and dance by the light of the moon......

cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif

Hi Diddle diddle,
the cat and the fiddle
the cow jumped OVER the MOOOON.....

How the little dog laughed
to see such fun...
and the dish......

..............ran away with the SPOON!

clap.gif

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post Oct 16 2007, 07:29 PM
Post #45

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 522

QUOTE(CPAATTY @ Oct 16 2007, 10:07 AM) *
Before I get away from you, let me inform you there are various and sundry jurisdictional legal causes and defenses for and against divorce. I approached the subject on the basis that the venue or subject matter was fairly well defined, maybe not to the jail-house lawyers in attendance!

Let us inject the defence of "CONDONATION" for church jurisprudence no matter what the laws of Guam or any other jurisdiction may allow. I personally would have severed full and complete disassociation in all respects from the offending party, especially the residential occupation part, once I discovered an alleged cause of action whether you call it spiritual adultry or spiritual infidelity. I think we have adequate admonition by the alleged prophet among us on dealing with unbelievers to whom we may be married! Alas, how complex we lawyers present ourselves! I will cease and desist for the present so as to get back to my full-time stock trading!

Before you "get away" from us, perhaps you could tell us what part of the world you have been calling "local." I noticed you use the British-English combination of "defenses" and "defence" when you assemble your missives.

This post has been edited by Panama_Pete: Oct 16 2007, 07:31 PM

+Quote Post

15 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 02:00 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church