Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=16436&st=45 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 03:00:17 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

15 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Propose Some "wisdom Of Solomon" Even At This Late Date?
Fran
post Oct 16 2007, 07:39 PM
Post #46

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 529

QUOTE(Statrei @ Oct 16 2007, 03:48 PM) *
Fran, Jesus plainly taught that if one spouse puts the other away then that spouse is held responsible for any adultery that the spouse who has been put away may commit. We don't preach this but this is what He taught. We just can't handle the truth.

I agree. I am well aware of this teaching. My question is this: Who put who away? The divorce was by Danny, if my memory is correct. It seems to me, IMO, that Danny tried several times to get Linda to divorce him so he could be the one put away. Oops! That didn't work!

Now, in this teaching, who is free to remarry? Does this teaching give one or both the green light to remarry?

What are the teachings about the one putting the other away? When will they be free to marry? When is the one put away free to remarry?

Maybe this teaching needs some discussion to put the facts into perspective.

What is the Biblical meaning of "putting away"?

Now, if my husband beats me to a pulp, and I divorce (Put away) him to save my life and the lives of the children; When am I free to remarry?

If my husband beats me and is also an adulterer, and I divorce (put away) him, when am I free to remarry?

I guess my real question is this; when it is allowed for anyone, (married, put away, divorced, or whatever) to have sexual relations outside of marriage without it being adultery/fornication?

Also, is the one put away free to commit fornication because they were put away? I would like to hear some discussions about this.

One last thought. what events cause a "putting away" of a spouse?

--------------------
The greatest want of the world is the want of men-- men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall. {Ed 57.3}
But such a character is not the result of accident; it is not due to special favors or endowments of Providence. A noble character is the result of self-discipline, of the subjection of the lower to the higher nature--the surrender of self for the service of love to God and man. {Ed 57.4}
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Statrei
post Oct 16 2007, 07:53 PM
Post #47

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,919

QUOTE(Fran @ Oct 16 2007, 09:39 PM) *
Also, is the one put away free to commit fornication because they were put away? I would like to hear some discussions about this.

Maybe this would be a better discussion outside of the 3ABN thread.

+Quote Post
beartrap
post Oct 16 2007, 09:30 PM
Post #48

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,659

QUOTE(Richard Sherwin @ Oct 16 2007, 06:05 PM) *
roflmao.gif Say what? blink.gif uhm.gif

LOL! Riddles for riddles in the Solomonic tradition.

+Quote Post
beartrap
post Oct 16 2007, 09:50 PM
Post #49

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(watchbird @ Oct 16 2007, 06:26 PM) *
Bluffalo Gals won'tcha come out tonight
come out tonight
come out tonight
Bluffalo Guys won'tcha come out tonight.....

and dance by the light of the moon......

cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif

"They gathered to dance in the light cast by the full moon as it rose in all of its glory. At the glowing face of temple of the moon god, they gathered. The light in which they basked was a reflection of the light of the sun cast off the exposed surface of the full moon as it hovered over them..."

This post has been edited by beartrap: Oct 16 2007, 09:54 PM

+Quote Post
Rosyroi
post Oct 16 2007, 10:23 PM
Post #50

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,536

QUOTE(CPAATTY @ Oct 16 2007, 08:07 AM) *
We post for all levels, including professionals as well as the willing ignorant "engaged even with the CLOTH!" We hope you have "stumbling-around" intelligence of the level that would permit you to elide or slide past parts you do not fully understand due to spelling or some insignifigant inclusion by the writer. I hope you get the distinct unerstanding that retirement has pulled me from the courtroom looking for relief from one whose main ability is to tell you more and more about less and less or to the extent you understand everything about nothing!

Before I get away from you, let me inform you there are various and sundry jurisdictional legal causes and defenses for and against divorce. I approached the subject on the basis that the venue or subject matter was fairly well defined, maybe not to the jail-house lawyers in attendance!

Let us inject the defence of "CONDONATION" for church jurisprudence no matter what the laws of Guam or any other jurisdiction may allow. I personally would have severed full and complete disassociation in all respects from the offending party, especially the residential occupation part, once I discovered an alleged cause of action whether you call it spiritual adultry or spiritual infidelity. I think we have adequate admonition by the alleged prophet among us on dealing with unbelievers to whom we may be married! Alas, how complex we lawyers present ourselves! I will cease and desist for the present so as to get back to my full-time stock trading!

blink.gif

--------------------

"Joy, Love, Peace, Long Suffering, Gentleness, Goodness, Faith, Meekness, and Self Control are what being full of the Holy Spirit is all about." Galations 5.

"Don't waste your time waiting and longing for large opportunities which may never come, but faitfully handle the little things that are always claiming your attention..." F.B. Meyers

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B. 2007

"For GOD so LOVED you and me..." John 3:16

"I believe that there is a devil, and here's Satan's agenda. First, he doesn't want anyone having kids. Secondly, if they do conceive, he wants them killed.
If they're not killed through abortion, he wants them neglected or abused physically, emotionally, sexually...One way or another, the legions of hell want to destroy children because children become the future adults and leaders. If they (legions) can warp or wound a child, he or she becomes a warped or wounded adult who passes on this affliction to the next generation". -Terry Randall in TIME Magazine, October 21, 1991

+Quote Post
roxe
post Oct 16 2007, 10:37 PM
Post #51

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,485

I for one have thoroughly enjoyed this thread..... so far!!!

... there are some SMART heathens here!!! boxing.gif

+Quote Post
Skyhook
post Oct 16 2007, 10:45 PM
Post #52

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,121

QUOTE(beartrap @ Oct 16 2007, 04:37 PM) *
A lot of long tails with cats prance in the vaccum of space as the sanguine order of the criers for the supreme court of the book rock around the clock tonight, and raise a sugar-free one to the singular acceptability of spiritual adultery for divorce in the instance-based land where the law is a fluid that ebbs and flows with the lunar tides as the gravity of the force exerting the gravity determines, and as the full moon shows for that part of the world to see... perhaps.

Beartrap, thats a beautiful example of word salad, or maybe Dylan Thomas poetry. Either way, beautiful!!

+Quote Post
Rosyroi
post Oct 16 2007, 11:17 PM
Post #53

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,536

Beartrap said:

A lot of long tails with cats prance in the vaccum of space as the sanguine order of the criers for the supreme court of the book rock around the clock tonight, and raise a sugar-free one to the singular acceptability of spiritual adultery for divorce in the instance-based land where the law is a fluid that ebbs and flows with the lunar tides as the gravity of the force exerting the gravity determines, and as the full moon shows for that part of the world to see... perhaps

Now that I understand more than I would like to admit. tongue.gif Thanks for the clarity beartrap.

--------------------

"Joy, Love, Peace, Long Suffering, Gentleness, Goodness, Faith, Meekness, and Self Control are what being full of the Holy Spirit is all about." Galations 5.

"Don't waste your time waiting and longing for large opportunities which may never come, but faitfully handle the little things that are always claiming your attention..." F.B. Meyers

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B. 2007

"For GOD so LOVED you and me..." John 3:16

"I believe that there is a devil, and here's Satan's agenda. First, he doesn't want anyone having kids. Secondly, if they do conceive, he wants them killed.
If they're not killed through abortion, he wants them neglected or abused physically, emotionally, sexually...One way or another, the legions of hell want to destroy children because children become the future adults and leaders. If they (legions) can warp or wound a child, he or she becomes a warped or wounded adult who passes on this affliction to the next generation". -Terry Randall in TIME Magazine, October 21, 1991

+Quote Post
beartrap
post Oct 16 2007, 11:36 PM
Post #54

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Rosyroi @ Oct 16 2007, 10:17 PM) *
Beartrap said:
Now that I understand more than I would like to admit. tongue.gif Thanks for the clarity beartrap.

LOL! Us heathens can savour a little round of horse in the world of games of verbage and wit. Obviously CPAATTY enjoys word games, as do many of us here.

+Quote Post
SoulEspresso
post Oct 17 2007, 07:06 AM
Post #55

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,262

QUOTE(watchbird @ Oct 16 2007, 07:25 AM) *
Someone already has... and it has been previously discussed here on BSDA. The problem with polygraph testing is that they cannot be depended upon to be 100% correct.... and especially is this so with persons who have the habitual patterns of behavior as have been exhibited by Danny Shelton and others connected with him.

Sorry, I was writing from my office in the Department of Redundancy Department.

I know how to beat a polygraph. Don't ask. biggrin.gif

When he sees the breadth, depth, and time length of the many problems, he will realize that there are things here that no polygraph... however accurate... could possibly untangle and put straight. Only repentance, confession, reparation, and complete housecleaning.... including everything under the various levels of rugs.... will suffice.

Yeah. True.

--------------------
"The entire world is falling apart because no one will admit they are wrong."
--
Don Miller, Blue Like Jazz.

+Quote Post
Seraphim7
post Oct 17 2007, 07:54 AM
Post #56

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 6

QUOTE(watchbird @ Oct 16 2007, 11:46 AM) *
Ooooooh.... but you are SO funeeeeeee! lol.gif...... not only do you entertain us with your voluble legalese.... but you jump at conclusions like the daring young man on the flying trapeze.....

So sorry about your encounters with brick walls.... wallbash.gif ......

When your head stops spinning, why not take a course in basic English and come back and try again...... wave.gif
(c'mon, judibug.... let's have a snack together while we wait)

snack.gif
TVsnack.gif

TVsnack.gif WB it seems we see eye to eye on this one. yes.gif

I am curious as to which of the Three Faces of Eve we are seeing now? flirt.gif

--------------------
WELCOME to BlackSDA from seraph|m, a BSDA Charter member.
Please Join us in The Married Forum and/or Sabbath School Lesson Study forums.

Then, come join us here, Live Chat Lesson Study ,for our Friday night study @ 8pm CST/9pm EST. The lesson can be found at Sabbath School Network (SSNET)

Motto- "Weapons of Mass Distraction, Have No Place Here. " "Qui tacet consentire videtur,"
Are not official staff mottos and are not endorsed by BSDA Management.

+Quote Post
lurker
post Oct 17 2007, 08:17 AM
Post #57

Advanced Member

Member No.: 676

As soon as I saw the words cpa-atty the word c(ow)patty came to mind. Don't ask me why. And I didn't even know which side this person wanted us to think he/she was on. Not putting anybody down just can't figure uhm.gif what the point of the posts was.

This post has been edited by lurker: Oct 17 2007, 08:20 AM

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Oct 17 2007, 08:24 AM
Post #58

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(Seraphim7 @ Oct 17 2007, 09:54 AM) *
TVsnack.gif WB it seems we see eye to eye on this one. yes.gif

I am curious as to which of the Three Faces of Eve we are seeing now? flirt.gif

biggrin.gif

But I suspect the question would be more properly stated.... "Which one of Bartholomew's hats are we seeing now?" Bartholomew, if you recall, grew a new hat every time he took one off.

............angel.gif.............

This post has been edited by watchbird: Oct 17 2007, 08:25 AM

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Oct 17 2007, 08:43 AM
Post #59

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 15

QUOTE(lurker @ Oct 17 2007, 10:17 AM) *
As soon as I saw the words cpa-atty the word c(ow)patty came to mind. Don't ask me why. And I didn't even know which side this person wanted us to think he/she was on. Not putting anybody down just can't figure uhm.gif what the point of the posts was.

Some need public affirmation that they are, in fact, master baiters... but somehow when Jesus said he'd make fishers of men out of us I dont think that was what he had in mind...

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
Fran
post Oct 17 2007, 08:44 AM
Post #60

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 529

QUOTE(Statrei @ Oct 16 2007, 08:53 PM) *
Maybe this would be a better discussion outside of the 3ABN thread.

After much thought, I will have to agree with your observation since no one else wants to discuss anything I asked/said either. Therefore, I will go back to my invisible mode and cease to submit my opinions. I apologize for my intrusion and invasion of the discussion of CPAATTY who has rapidly become a valid 3ABN subject.

sorry.gif

--------------------
The greatest want of the world is the want of men-- men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall. {Ed 57.3}
But such a character is not the result of accident; it is not due to special favors or endowments of Providence. A noble character is the result of self-discipline, of the subjection of the lower to the higher nature--the surrender of self for the service of love to God and man. {Ed 57.4}

+Quote Post

15 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 02:00 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church