Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=16436&st=165 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 03:00:32 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

15 Pages V  « < 10 11 12 13 14 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Propose Some "wisdom Of Solomon" Even At This Late Date?
Johann
post Nov 7 2007, 01:11 PM
Post #166

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(Noahswife @ Nov 7 2007, 08:12 PM) *
PB:

Please do not confuse "legalese" with poor writing.......

nw

Some time back I posted a letter Linda Shelton received from a judge. Immediately some of her enemies claimed that was a fake letter since the language was not that of a judge.

I still have no intention of revealing the identity of that judge, but in this context I can reveal that this particular judge is one who strives to use the language of the people being judged, and I am certain that can also be an advantage. Is a judge not permitted to use the language of the people he works among?

This post has been edited by Johann: Nov 7 2007, 01:12 PM

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Nov 7 2007, 01:47 PM
Post #167

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

Oh thank you Noahswife! Here I thought it was just my broken legalese translators, both the organic and computer versions!

Gobbledegook has it's place, but vita brefix, so If CPAATTY truly wants discussion of his issues, whatever they might be, the standard English version might be the best course. For myself, to continue to spend inordinate amounts of time attempting to decipher his posts would be de asini umbra disceptare.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
CPAATTY
post Nov 7 2007, 02:33 PM
Post #168

Advanced Member

Group: Banned
Member No.: 4,412

QUOTE(CPAATTY @ Oct 16 2007, 04:00 AM) *
2guns.gif clap.gif

This lawyer\cpa has seen a lot of "self justification" even in religious matters amongst many tied to the purse-strings of the church where administrators have a degree of direction, control if you must, which I heartily suggest as a hedge for "decency and order" in all respects as we are all still human. Once decency and order are breached, it takes too many resources to get the "ox out of the ditch" where it could be construed that the ox was placed there conveniently. The "placing" in this case is no exception to that rule.

I remember well the "camp meeting contacts" ab initio and wasn't too swift even then on "independent ministries" conveniently connected to the "regularly organized church" primarily from its financial resources. I became aware of human tendencies of some to embezzle from "church related funds" early in gaining my educational work for my dual profession. With this knowledge in hand, I am never surprised that a major player in an independent minestry may be tagged with possible misconduct where there is a possible breakdown in corporate governance. My years of "fact finding" in my dual profession speaks loud and clear of "red flags" needing further attention.

It appears to me that some have conveniently latched on to "spiritual adultry" rather than "physical adultry" for their degree of "self-justification" for their actions. We should all clearly understand that "adulty" within the relationships between the "HEVENLY PERSONAGE" involves even "THE VERY THOUGHTS!" Are all thoughts sinful or is it necessary for these thoughts to become "cherished" before they become sin? While I have avoided two areas of law, criminal and domestic relations, I see only "physical adultry" as biblical justification as last resort for divorce as I understand, for only myself, that thoughts, even cherished if they become, are not yet "matters between the married parties." We should all understand that both spiritual as well as physical adultry must be forgiven.

While I have formed my own opinion in this matter to self-justify any actions that may be required of me going forward, I query whether the wisdom of Solomon could be applied in this environment by the use of polygraph techniques in re the "crux of the problem" to possibly see which side would "walk with the baby" if the results thereof could be rightly determined from being conducted in a well defined environment while keeping in mind that the theory of "spiritual vs physical adultry" will not be resolved. Rather than being misled of evil, I will excuse my spouse for using "spiritual adultry" against me if they so desire while opting only for "physical adultry" for myself as a reason. Why would I take this position? Simply stated, true spiritual adultry can only be surmised by weak human beings if used as an "excuse" as it is only between the Creator and the created and fully understood only by the Godhead.

2guns.gif Mandated morals suggested for independent ministries FBO financial supporters through operating manuals and\or by-laws doesn't appear to be a very popular subject for this thread. Is this merely a SIGN OF THE TIMES as it was in the days of Noah as we complain of LEGALESE?

+Quote Post
Seraphim7
post Nov 7 2007, 02:41 PM
Post #169

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 6

This is my frank observation... I'm of the opinion that this is just another "weapon of mass distraction" thread. Has NOTHING to do with 3ABN and gets play for what, because the op put the words "wisdom of Solomon" in the topic title. blink.gif

uhm.gif Come on people what, other than allowing us to see that he likes the sound of his own voice, has this thread contributed to help gain any "wisdom of Solomon"?
notworking.gif

--------------------
WELCOME to BlackSDA from seraph|m, a BSDA Charter member.
Please Join us in The Married Forum and/or Sabbath School Lesson Study forums.

Then, come join us here, Live Chat Lesson Study ,for our Friday night study @ 8pm CST/9pm EST. The lesson can be found at Sabbath School Network (SSNET)

Motto- "Weapons of Mass Distraction, Have No Place Here. " "Qui tacet consentire videtur,"
Are not official staff mottos and are not endorsed by BSDA Management.

+Quote Post
Clay
post Nov 7 2007, 05:18 PM
Post #170

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(Seraphim7 @ Nov 7 2007, 02:41 PM) *
This is my frank observation... I'm of the opinion that this is just another "weapon of mass distraction" thread. Has NOTHING to do with 3ABN and gets play for what, because the op put the words "wisdom of Solomon" in the topic title. blink.gif

uhm.gif Come on people what, other than allowing us to see that he likes the sound of his own voice, has this thread contributed to help gain any "wisdom of Solomon"?
notworking.gif

nada, zip, zilch.... IMO...

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
Snoopy
post Nov 7 2007, 09:47 PM
Post #171

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,808

QUOTE(CPAATTY @ Nov 7 2007, 10:36 AM) *
Hardly lost in a sharp curve as that's the best place for an attorney to justly enrich their spouses. It appears I have come back for a very, very short spell as it further appears there is little interest from independent ministry factors in the field of MORALS, edicted or otherwise, and maybe insider transactions!

Are you suggesting the possibility of insider transactions at 3ABN?

+Quote Post
CPAATTY
post Nov 8 2007, 06:48 AM
Post #172

Advanced Member

QUOTE(CPAATTY @ Nov 7 2007, 02:33 PM) *
2guns.gif Mandated morals suggested for independent ministries FBO financial supporters through operating manuals and\or by-laws doesn't appear to be a very popular subject for this thread. Is this merely a SIGN OF THE TIMES as it was in the days of Noah as we complain of LEGALESE?

Insider transactions may be an indication of moral levels exhibited by all related to the functions of an el·ee·mos·y·nar·y /ˌɛləˈmɒsəˌnɛri, -ˈmɒz-, ˌɛliə-/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[el-uh-mos-uh-ner-ee, -moz-, el-ee-uh-] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–adjective 1. of or pertaining to alms, charity, or charitable donations; charitable.
2. derived from or provided by charity.
3. dependent on or supported by charity: an eleemosynary educational institution.

Early in my professional careers, I had access to a lot of statistics on actual matters passing my desk. Listen to the current news where some of the charities are now questioning why US Congress is getting involved when the IRS has the power to examine certain functions of charities limited to some extent. I hope you can get the current drift even though certain Forms 990 are published to the public. Some charities are subject to limited taxes on certain types of transactions even though the overall tax exempt status is not affected.

I am reminded of a situation where the local head of a charity seemed to fill the house, garage, and possibly other storage facilities with many furniture antiques donated.

I still don't have a dog in the independent ministry fight!!!!!!!!! 2guns.gif

+Quote Post
Johann
post Nov 8 2007, 07:24 AM
Post #173

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.

QUOTE(CPAATTY @ Nov 8 2007, 02:48 PM) *
I still don't have a dog in the independent ministry fight!!!!!!!!! 2guns.gif

When I chided a lawyer at the beginning of this case for not being neutral he insisted he had to start somewhere. Can you get involved without starting somewhere?

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

+Quote Post
CPAATTY
post Nov 8 2007, 08:28 AM
Post #174

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Johann @ Nov 8 2007, 07:24 AM) *
When I chided a lawyer at the beginning of this case for not being neutral he insisted he had to start somewhere. Can you get involved without starting somewhere?

2guns.gif Be careful with your chiding as you are apt to demonstrate a vital interest rather than a necessary independence.

Possible loaves and fishes may cause some to respond in a fashion whereby their potential rights may be compromised.

When a BOD finally hits a brick wall, they oft times "punt", on a going forward basis, with decisions they may not have used previously on an "overall look back basis" to prevent potential demise in the absence of previously provided internal controls which can be an indicator of "over-reaching management!"

+Quote Post
YogusBearus
post Nov 8 2007, 08:59 AM
Post #175

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,905

http://cgi.ebay.com/HIP-WADERS-BY-THERMABO...6QQcmdZViewItem

Bidding remains open. This public service brought to you by clan bear.

-bear

--------------------

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post Nov 8 2007, 09:17 AM
Post #176

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 522

QUOTE(Johann @ Nov 8 2007, 08:24 AM) *

Johann,

It's called "flying by the seat of your pants."

This is when someone makes an important decision based on no information and has no gameplan established.

They hope to be proven correct.....in the end.

Lawyers often fly by the seat of their pants.

+Quote Post
Johann
post Nov 8 2007, 09:18 AM
Post #177

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(CPAATTY @ Nov 8 2007, 04:28 PM) *
2guns.gif Be careful with your chiding as you are apt to demonstrate a vital interest rather than a necessary independence.

Possible loaves and fishes may cause some to respond in a fashion whereby their potential rights may be compromised.

When a BOD finally hits a brick wall, they oft times "punt", on a going forward basis, with decisions they may not have used previously on an "overall look back basis" to prevent potential demise in the absence of previously provided internal controls which can be an indicator of "over-reaching management!"

Was this a circumvention or a response?

--------------------

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Nov 8 2007, 09:28 AM
Post #178

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(Johann @ Nov 8 2007, 11:18 AM) *
Was this a circumvention or a response?

Surely you did not need to ask.

+Quote Post
CPAATTY
post Nov 8 2007, 09:46 AM
Post #179

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Panama_Pete @ Nov 8 2007, 09:17 AM) *
Johann,

It's called "flying by the seat of your pants."

This is when someone makes an important decision based on no information and has no gameplan established.

They hope to be proven correct.....in the end.

Lawyers often fly by the seat of their pants.

2guns.gif Circumvention to fools may be "facing reality" to others?

I can imagine if you care enough to face reality with the "WACO matter you will still find an element still howling circumvention back somewhere in history!

Anybody with prior and current operating manuals or by-laws are urged to present same or "forever hold your pieces" rather than "holding your peace!"

+Quote Post
GRAT
post Nov 8 2007, 09:52 AM
Post #180

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,305

QUOTE(YogusBearus @ Nov 8 2007, 06:59 AM) *
http://cgi.ebay.com/HIP-WADERS-BY-THERMABO...6QQcmdZViewItem

Bidding remains open. This public service brought to you by clan bear.

-bear

clapping.gif rofl1.gif roflmao.gif

+Quote Post

15 Pages V  « < 10 11 12 13 14 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 02:00 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church