Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1664&st=165 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 04:58:35 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

30 Pages V  « < 10 11 12 13 14 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Latest On 3abn - Round 3, Kay Kuzma Response to L Shelton Story
tarduke
post Aug 23 2004, 12:38 PM
Post #166

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 490

QUOTE(claborn1960 @ Aug 23 2004, 12:15 PM)
Eventually, but everyone will be splattered with mud.....

Lol. Mud everywhere...

--------------------
Trevor Ducreay
----------------------------------------------------

1 Peter 4:11 "If any man speaks, let him speak as the oracles of God; if any man ministers, let him do it as of the ability which God giveth"
"If my heart condemns me, God is greater than my heart." [Para 1 Jn 3:20]
"But none of these things move me" [Acts 20:24]
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mema
post Aug 23 2004, 12:48 PM
Post #167

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 505

lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif

From them trying to get away.

--------------------
"When Satan is knocking at your door, simply say,"Jesus, could you get that for me?"
Always allow yourself to learn something new each day, wisdom will grow that way.

+Quote Post
Clay
post Aug 23 2004, 12:56 PM
Post #168

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

I did send the email.... I will PM it to you....

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Aug 23 2004, 12:58 PM
Post #169

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 47

QUOTE(claborn1960 @ Aug 23 2004, 10:56 AM)
I did send the email.... I will PM it to you....

Me, too, please!

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
Clay
post Aug 23 2004, 12:59 PM
Post #170

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Its done Di.....

--------------------

+Quote Post
mema
post Aug 23 2004, 01:05 PM
Post #171

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Nicely done I might say. Now do you think she will respond? Do you think that they will cease to send Calvin correspondence pertaining to this issue?

Come back next week to hear the amazing answers. Same 3ABN...same BSDA.
Batman theme song

--------------------
"When Satan is knocking at your door, simply say,"Jesus, could you get that for me?"
Always allow yourself to learn something new each day, wisdom will grow that way.

+Quote Post
Clay
post Aug 23 2004, 01:07 PM
Post #172

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

I have no idea... I did what I thought I needed to do......so she may or may not, but she knows what I think about her response....

--------------------

+Quote Post
Clay
post Aug 23 2004, 01:41 PM
Post #173

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

I reread my email to Dr. Kuzma and I did say I was going to share the letter.... so here is what I wrote.....

Dear Dr. Kuzma,
I have read your response to the members that frequent BlackSDA regarding the recent happenings at 3ABN. While I can only assume your intentions were noble, your response appeared to suggest Mr. Shelton was the "innocent victim" while Linda Shelton was completely at fault. I question the wisdom of you sharing the particulars in this situation given your vocation as a counselor. From your response it appears that you were not counseling Linda, and if that is the case then confidentiality would not be an issue, however as a fellow christian it would seem that you would have erred on the side of caution and not shared what your perceptions were. One could conclude from your response that Linda was deeply involved in an illicit relationship that she refused to end.

As a counselor you know that people who are forced into counseling are usually resistant to counseling. You are probably also aware that the person who is taken to a counselor is usually not the one who needs counseling, that it may be the whole family who is in need. I seriously question your motives for making your response public and indirectly supporting Mr. Shelton in this situation. No one has shared what Mr. Shelton did, or what his actions were though all this, and the onesidedness of the reports is inherently unfair. I am disappointed that you would add fuel to the fires of speculation and in essence accuse Mrs. Shelton of something she has repeatedly denied.

I do not expect a response because you don't have to justify your actions to me. I will be sharing my email with those members of BlackSDA just to let them know that I think your actions were not appropriate, highly questionable, and added nothing constructive to this mess. As a Christian I think God would have us take the higher road, and because you have had years of counseling it seems that you would have known better.....

Sincerely,

Steve Claborn

--------------------

+Quote Post
Clay
post Aug 23 2004, 03:25 PM
Post #174

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

From another forum...... thought it was interesting.....

Thought I would update you on some changes. Jim Gilley has withdrawn his name from the nomination for the Texas Conference President. We will soon know the outcome.

A GC directive has been sent to NAD, Unions and Conferences to distance themselves from 3ABN. I knew when I saw the programming and realized everything running is a re-run or previous tape sent for earlier viewing that something was happening.

--------------------

+Quote Post
mema
post Aug 23 2004, 03:38 PM
Post #175

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(claborn1960 @ Aug 23 2004, 03:25 PM)
From another forum...... thought it was interesting.....

Thought I would update you on some changes. Jim Gilley has withdrawn his name from the nomination for the Texas Conference President. We will soon know the outcome.

A GC directive has been sent to NAD, Unions and Conferences to distance themselves from 3ABN. I knew when I saw the programming and realized everything running is a re-run or previous tape sent for earlier viewing that something was happening.

I do not get involved with the political aspect of GC. Please explain what all of this means...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jvat
post Aug 23 2004, 03:55 PM
Post #176

Advanced Member

Member No.: 514

Well, I did say that it was a sticky, messy and gummy situation. Looks like the fat has hit the fan. Maybe the GC's directive has been so given because of the unusually quick divorce under unusual circumstances? Has the GC handled the matter compassionately themselves, Steve, do you think?

And I wonder whether any of this is true about the GC, anyway?

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Aug 23 2004, 04:49 PM
Post #177

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 47

QUOTE(mema @ Aug 23 2004, 01:38 PM)
I do not get involved with the political aspect of GC. Please explain what all of this means...

It means exactly what we suspect, Something ain't right with Danny and 3ABN. Linda is only being made look like the problem, but she is gone, and their problem continue!

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
Clay
post Aug 23 2004, 05:03 PM
Post #178

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Jvat,
No I don't think the GC will handle it compassionately, they will handle it in such a way to protect their flanks and make sure the church is seen in a positive light. I think it is always a possibility with an independent sda ministry that something could happen that embarrasses the "official" Church. So the easiest thing to do is to distance the church from 3ABN which is what is happening...

--------------------

+Quote Post
tarduke
post Aug 23 2004, 05:08 PM
Post #179

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 490

QUOTE(claborn1960 @ Aug 23 2004, 01:41 PM)
[color=blue]I reread my email to Dr. Kuzma and I did say I was going to share the letter.... so here is what I wrote.....

Very well written letter. Good balance between respect and straight talk.

--------------------
Trevor Ducreay
----------------------------------------------------

1 Peter 4:11 "If any man speaks, let him speak as the oracles of God; if any man ministers, let him do it as of the ability which God giveth"
"If my heart condemns me, God is greater than my heart." [Para 1 Jn 3:20]
"But none of these things move me" [Acts 20:24]

+Quote Post
Clay
post Aug 23 2004, 05:36 PM
Post #180

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(tarduke @ Aug 23 2004, 06:08 PM)
Very well written letter. Good balance between respect and straight talk.

Thanks Trevor.... just covering the basics and expressing disappointment in the way things were handled.......

--------------------

+Quote Post

30 Pages V  « < 10 11 12 13 14 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 03:58 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church