Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1664&st=195 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 04:58:39 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

30 Pages V  « < 12 13 14 15 16 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Latest On 3abn - Round 3, Kay Kuzma Response to L Shelton Story
Jvat
post Aug 25 2004, 02:00 PM
Post #196

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 514

QUOTE(claborn1960 @ Aug 25 2004, 11:17 AM)
They also say that she has agreed not to comment publicly in ways that could be construed as attacks on her former husband and ministry and has asked her friends to foreswear any such attacks or attempts to vindicate her.

Isn't it rather interesting that Linda has adopted that position? Speaks volumes of her integrity or not?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Guest_statrei_*
post Aug 25 2004, 02:04 PM
Post #197

Guests

Well, let's not say too much about anyone's integrity. The facts we can know. What motivates those facts we most probably cannot. A lot of people do the correct things for the wrong reasons.

+Quote Post
Clay
post Aug 25 2004, 06:35 PM
Post #198

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

Very true and I heard somewhere that she was under a gag order..... I don't know if that is true, so its allegedly.....

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
eener
post Aug 25 2004, 10:01 PM
Post #199

Advanced Member

Member No.: 156

QUOTE(claborn1960 @ Aug 25 2004, 06:35 PM)
Very true and I heard somewhere that she was under a gag order..... I don't know if that is true, so its allegedly.....

The original post indicated that she was receiving termination payments. It is not uncommon under the terms of a termination agreement for parties to agree not to discuss the issues surrounding the dismissal as a condition for receiving the payments.

+Quote Post
mema
post Aug 26 2004, 07:38 AM
Post #200

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 505

But when your spouse does you like we suspect Danny did to her, why be quiet? I would be like the Mississippi River and holding nothing back.....

--------------------
"When Satan is knocking at your door, simply say,"Jesus, could you get that for me?"
Always allow yourself to learn something new each day, wisdom will grow that way.

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Aug 26 2004, 09:47 AM
Post #201

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 47

QUOTE(claborn1960 @ Aug 25 2004, 04:35 PM)

Actually, Steve, Linda mentioned that in her letter.

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Aug 26 2004, 09:51 AM
Post #202

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 47

QUOTE(mema @ Aug 26 2004, 05:38 AM)
But when your spouse does you like we suspect Danny did to her, why be quiet? I would be like the Mississippi River and holding nothing back.....

Mema, she likes to eat. By firing her, they took her only source of income. Instead of paying her in one lump sum, they pay her in installments, forcing her to agree to the gag order as a condidtion to continue to recieve the monthly payments. So unless Linda has another source of income...........?

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
friends
post Aug 26 2004, 05:58 PM
Post #203

Member No.: 584

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to clear clear up a couple of small points. Elder Thorvaldsen mentioned in the letter that was posted here that Danny's son-in-law was fired. That was a misunderstanding. Actually I was not fired, I resigned. There was one other small misunderstanding. It was not Danny, who told me that "we musn't question Danny because God speaks to us through him since he was appointed by God to start up this ministry." It was someone else.

I would like to point out that, although an awful lot of manure has been slung in this scrap, there are many very good people on both sides of it. Unfortunately details, a few true and many not true, are being spread through very reputable upstanding sources. People on both sides of the issue are being smeared, and reputations destoyed for no better reason than vindictiveness. When Jesus saved a woman from being stoned to death on allegations of adultery, he proceeded to write sins in the sand without saying who had commited them. He was not out to hurt or destroy anyone. He stood on a hill and cried for love of the people who were about to kill him. That is LOVE. Love is one of the fruits of the spirit, and by their fruits ye shall know them.

I beg your prayers for each one of us involved in this upheaval.

Sincerely,

Derrell Mundall

+Quote Post
Clay
post Aug 26 2004, 06:09 PM
Post #204

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Thank you for that piece of information..... we have from the beginning prayed for everyone involved.... however I have been concerned about how information has been leaked, released, given...... some of it appears unfair and malicious... but that's just me

--------------------

+Quote Post
Clay
post Aug 26 2004, 06:20 PM
Post #205

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Why did you resign if I might ask Derrell?

--------------------

+Quote Post
friends
post Aug 26 2004, 06:39 PM
Post #206

Your observations are certainly appreciated. I have sent some of them to Linda. She will be encouraged. At this juncture it is difficult for her not to think that she is virtually friendless in the SDA circles. So many friends have turned out to be coat-tail riders who turned on her when she became useless to their careers, or ambitions, and trashing her would serve them better.

On a more positive note, this is a healing period and Linda is starting to move forward with life. She possesses a wealth of knowledge and capabilities that I am sure God will put to use in ministry. I believe that this experience will give her an even greater capacity to understand, and minister to hurting people.

God Bless,

Derrell

+Quote Post
friends
post Aug 26 2004, 06:51 PM
Post #207

Danny and I were unable to see eye-to-eye on some very fundamental issues, and if I stayed, I would have to disobey my employer's orders, so I resigned. The issues have, of course been brought up, but I will not discuss them. Whatever Linda wishes to say is on her website, and Danny's observations can be seen on 3ABN.

Derrell

+Quote Post
post Aug 26 2004, 07:21 PM
Post #208

Group:
Member No.: 0

QUOTE(princessdi @ Aug 26 2004, 09:51 AM)
Mema, she likes to eat.    By firing her, they took her only source of income.  Instead of paying her in one lump sum, they pay her in installments, forcing her to agree to the gag order as a condidtion to continue to recieve the monthly payments.  So unless Linda has another source of income...........?

Di - It is more than a little unfair to say that the sister has kept quiet because she likes to eat. That suggests that she has little or less integrity than those who have accused her because she is motived by money.

Not everybody would spill everything just because they are under a gag order or because they are experiencing character assassination on a grand scale. Agreeing to the gag order is simply the right thing to do. But I doubt that would have attacked her accusers as they have her with or without that legal manuever. Which btw, would be one thing her accusers would prefer. Her relative silence, as compared to those who have accused her, speaks volumes about her spiritual integrity and especially theirs. But hey, that's just me wink.gif
Peace

+Quote Post
HUGGINS130
post Aug 26 2004, 11:05 PM
Post #209

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 339

QUOTE(mrsljosey @ Aug 26 2004, 07:21 PM)
Her relative silence, as compared to those who have accused her, speaks volumes about her spiritual integrity and especially theirs. But hey, that's just me wink.gif
Peace

I was thinking along the same lines too, and I couldn't agree with you more! notworthy.gif

+Quote Post
Guest_kountzer_*
post Aug 27 2004, 04:29 AM
Post #210

Guests

Sounds like a classic case of 'the enemy of my enemy is my friend'.

DB

+Quote Post

30 Pages V  « < 12 13 14 15 16 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 03:58 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church