Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1664&st=225 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 04:58:43 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

30 Pages V  « < 14 15 16 17 18 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Latest On 3abn - Round 3, Kay Kuzma Response to L Shelton Story
Clay
post Aug 29 2004, 10:22 AM
Post #226

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

Here is the bottom line for me in this mess.....

Mat 1:19 And Joseph, her husband, being an upright man, and not desiring to make her a public example, had a mind to put her away privately.

Even if the worst were true about Linda... if Danny were a just and upright man, he would not have exposed her to public embarrassment or a smeared reputation, but would have found a way to do it quietly... but that's just me.....

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mema
post Aug 29 2004, 01:12 PM
Post #227

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 505

I feel that if you do not have love, honor and respect you spouse, then what he did is nothing. A drop in the bucket. But you, Steve, as well as others would have a really hard time putting all of your business out there like that. No matter how you look at it, if you try to embarrass someone it has a tendency to come back to you as well.

--------------------
"When Satan is knocking at your door, simply say,"Jesus, could you get that for me?"
Always allow yourself to learn something new each day, wisdom will grow that way.

+Quote Post
Clay
post Aug 29 2004, 10:08 PM
Post #228

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Even if it didn't come back on you so to speak, there are some things that as a christian you shouldn't do... yes I know we are not perfect, yet there is an example, i.e. love your enemies....

--------------------

+Quote Post
mema
post Aug 29 2004, 10:27 PM
Post #229

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 505

If this was happening to me, I would find it really hard to love my enemies...

--------------------
"When Satan is knocking at your door, simply say,"Jesus, could you get that for me?"
Always allow yourself to learn something new each day, wisdom will grow that way.

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Aug 30 2004, 10:00 AM
Post #230

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 47

QUOTE(claborn1960 @ Aug 29 2004, 08:08 PM)
Even if it didn't come back on you so to speak, there are some things that as a christian you shouldn't do... yes I know we are not perfect, yet there is an example, i.e. love your enemies....

I totally agree, Steve. I really don 't care about the particulars, that is between Danny, Linda, and God. However, the path that Danny and 3ABN board chose is definitely not the high road, or indicative in the christian lifestyle portrayed on their network. They have set themselves up to be "leaders".

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
Clay
post Aug 30 2004, 10:44 PM
Post #231

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Well maybe they became leaders by default.... and leaders can stumble, however as I have consistently said, as christians God would have us do better......

--------------------

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Aug 31 2004, 09:29 AM
Post #232

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 47

QUOTE(claborn1960 @ Aug 30 2004, 08:44 PM)
Well maybe they became leaders by default.... and leaders can stumble, however as I have consistently said, as christians God would have us do better......

You know, Steve, you might have a point there. You know that TD Jakes Leadership Conference this year covers exactly that. It is called, "Leading While Bleeding". It is just a shame we don't have conferences such as this to deal with the "real" issues. With so many leaders falling, it it truly needed.

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
Jvat
post Aug 31 2004, 11:53 AM
Post #233

Advanced Member

Member No.: 514

Hear! Hear! Princess Di clap.gif

+Quote Post
Guest_statrei_*
post Aug 31 2004, 12:25 PM
Post #234

Guests

QUOTE(Jvat @ Aug 31 2004, 12:53 PM)
Hear! Hear!

Only someone from a former British colony would know the correct spelling. I cringe whenever I read 'Here, Here.'

+Quote Post
tarduke
post Aug 31 2004, 12:28 PM
Post #235

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 490

QUOTE(statrei @ Aug 31 2004, 12:25 PM)
Only someone from a former British colony would know the correct spelling.  I cringe whenever I read 'Here, Here.'

Lol. That's true. Let's hear it for the Brits!

--------------------
Trevor Ducreay
----------------------------------------------------

1 Peter 4:11 "If any man speaks, let him speak as the oracles of God; if any man ministers, let him do it as of the ability which God giveth"
"If my heart condemns me, God is greater than my heart." [Para 1 Jn 3:20]
"But none of these things move me" [Acts 20:24]

+Quote Post
friends
post Sep 1 2004, 03:54 PM
Post #236

Member No.: 584

Hi,

Inge asked some questions regarding my role at 3ABN, and what I am doing now.

I was Marketing Manager at 3ABN and my role was rather complex. I am now doing some work for Hope Channel, but I am not employed by them. I am currently working with them in marketing on a contract basis. There is certainly a significant difference in the corporate culture. It wouldn't be appropriate for me to go into detail, but I will say that Hope Channel/ATN/GC is a breath of fresh air. I have been impressed by the sincere sense of mission I see in the people who I work for, and especially by their lack of personal self promotion.

Friederich Nieztche said "If you fight monsters, beware lest you thereby become one, and if you gaze long into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." Good advice for those of us who might who might fall into vindictiveness when confronting it. I have had to spend lots of time on my knees asking God to help keep me in balance.

I appreciate the thoughtful, intelligent discussion on this site.

Derrell

+Quote Post
Guest_statrei_*
post Sep 1 2004, 04:08 PM
Post #237

Guests

We desire to demonstrate that dissent does not always deteriorate into dissension, discord or dissembling. (Can someone say alliteration?)

+Quote Post
friends
post Sep 1 2004, 04:29 PM
Post #238

Member No.: 584

Bravo!

Another point that I think bears discussion is the fact that 3ABN is the face of the SDA church to millions of people around the world. Does this airing of personal dirty laundry negatively impact the viewer's impression of the church? Will the attitude seen in the various announcements be considered a practical demonstration of Christ's love to people who have never known Jesus?

Hmmm...

+Quote Post
Clay
post Sep 1 2004, 04:44 PM
Post #239

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Announcements by whom? Those at 3ABN? or those who believe that what was done maybe unfair to Linda? I think it is unfortunate that "dirty laundry" has to be seen, however if some change can take place, then more dirty laundry needs to be aired....

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jvat
post Sep 2 2004, 10:44 AM
Post #240

Advanced Member

Member No.: 514

QUOTE(friends @ Sep 1 2004, 04:29 PM)
Bravo!

Another point that I think bears discussion is the fact that 3ABN is the face of the SDA church to millions of people around the world. Does this airing of personal dirty laundry negatively impact the viewer's impression of the church? Will the attitude seen in the various announcements be considered a practical demonstration of Christ's love to people who have never known Jesus?

Hmmm...

Derrell, that has been my basic beef with the way that the conundrum at 3ABN was handled. Isn't it time that 3ABN makes a public apology to the viewing audience? I undertand Derrell that 3ABN is undergoing changes. Does the role of Chairman of the Board, now have much more teeth? And can the chairman send the President on a much deserved vacation?

+Quote Post

30 Pages V  « < 14 15 16 17 18 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 03:58 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church