Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1664&st=240 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 04:58:45 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

30 Pages V  « < 15 16 17 18 19 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Latest On 3abn - Round 3, Kay Kuzma Response to L Shelton Story
zwxphtt
post Sep 10 2004, 06:29 PM
Post #241

Welcome Newbie

Group: Members
Member No.: 518

It is true that we are to love our enemies..but if Danny truly believed Linda was committing adultry he could hardly keep her on as co president of the network..it boils down to we don't know what is truly going on. We can only truly trust the Word of God and not rely on human emotion..Of course we should all pray for Linda and Danny. Thanks
Zwxphtt
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
tarduke
post Sep 10 2004, 06:35 PM
Post #242

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 490

QUOTE(zwxphtt @ Sep 10 2004, 06:29 PM)
It is true that we are to love our enemies..but if Danny truly believed Linda was committing adultry he could hardly keep her on as co president of the network..it boils down to we don't know what is truly going on. We can only truly trust the Word of God and not rely on human emotion..Of course we should all pray for Linda and Danny. Thanks
Zwxphtt

Dang, Zwxphtt, I was confused. I thought you were Calvin.

--------------------
Trevor Ducreay
----------------------------------------------------

1 Peter 4:11 "If any man speaks, let him speak as the oracles of God; if any man ministers, let him do it as of the ability which God giveth"
"If my heart condemns me, God is greater than my heart." [Para 1 Jn 3:20]
"But none of these things move me" [Acts 20:24]

+Quote Post
HoneyDew
post Sep 10 2004, 07:33 PM
Post #243

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 492

Whoa. Me too.

--------------------
The mill of God grinds slowly, but surely.
"Help me see with eyes of faith; give me strength to run the race ..."

+Quote Post
Clay
post Sep 10 2004, 09:47 PM
Post #244

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(zwxphtt @ Sep 10 2004, 07:29 PM)
Zwxphtt

Why couldn't he? Let's see... Jesus kept Judas around and Jesus knew what was going on.... I hear what you are saying but I don't agree.... Danny and his supports should not have gone on the attack to one, make themselves look good and two, paint Linda as the villian... it is wrong any way you slice it... but that's just me.....

Welcome to the forum...... clapping.gif yes.gif

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
Just a Guy
post Sep 11 2004, 12:38 AM
Post #245

Advanced Member

Member No.: 176

Claborn,

Find me a prophecy where Linda needed to stay on at 3ABN so that the scriptures might be fulfilled. Can't you just hear Danny saying "What you are about to do, do quickly"?

+Quote Post
Clay
post Sep 11 2004, 07:03 AM
Post #246

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

Good point JAG.....I could hear that phrase being used......

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post Sep 11 2004, 11:41 AM
Post #247

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 522

QUOTE(zwxphtt @ Sep 10 2004, 06:29 PM)
...if Danny truly believed Linda was committing adultry he could hardly keep her on...

I heard this story about "truly believing." I don't know its source:

A women was returning home to the United States from England. She arrived at the airport and checked in at the departure desk only to learn that there would be no meal served on a flight that would take six hours!

So, she went and bought a big box of cookies. She was already so hungry, after having spent the night packing, that she decided to find a place to sit down and eat these cookies.

Seeing an open seat on a bench at the departure gate, she went and sat down with the intent of eating her bakery treats. A big man, sitting next to her, smiled and moved over a little bit to give her more room on that same airport bench

While she was looking in the opposite direction, the man reached down, put his hand into the cookie box, and took two cookies!

The woman quickly glanced at him when she heard the paper in the cookie box crackle and said to herself, "He thinks I didn't catch him. What the nerve!"

So, she said to herself, "I better eat these cookies before the creep next to me finishes them for me."

And, as she did that, the man next to her reached down and took another handful of cookies!

She couldn't believe it! The man ate most of her cookies right in front of her!

The woman was very disturbed when she finally got on the plane. To think that a biological throwback would sit there and appropriate something that was her's without even asking. She had the idea that she would find him -- wherever he was sitting on the plane -- and give him a piece of her mind. And he wouldn't be able to escape!

Then, as she tries to put her own carry-on case under the seat, she found that her bag seemed far too fat. It didn't fit at all . So, she opened her flight bag to find a big, unopened box of cookies right on top!

All that time on the bench in the airport, it was really she who was eating out of the man's box of cookies. Being a gentleman, he had never said anything to her regarding her theft of his cookies.

She did find the man on the plane. Instead of insulting him, she apologized and gave him the unopened box of cookies from her flight bag to replace those she had taken by mistake.

Moral of the story: "True believing" can make you a very angry and disturbed person when nobody is eating your cookies.

Panama Pete

+Quote Post
Jvat
post Sep 13 2004, 10:34 AM
Post #248

Advanced Member

Member No.: 514

Ah, Panama Pete, you are indeed blessed with insight to appopriate images and stories in this situation.

It is still heartbreaking no matter what. Even though Danny says that currently the financial gettings are better than they have ever been this time of year. And everything looks like nothing untowards has ever happened.

I was just remarking to myself this weekend how is it that any couple, after ninteen years, especially one who was supposed to be always in the Word,(especially as they were sharing the Bible every day with their viewers), could finish with each other, so easily, that there seems to be just no point of return? Did Satan really win this one???? Is Satan really so powerful?

And then everything goes on as if nothing has happened, even with the strange divorce? Has the SDA Church turned a new page? That if you are a big shot in the media, and your TV network is winning millions of souls to Christ, they touch you NOT??? So now it is alright, if any of us be married, for us to divorce our spouses for the most unorthodox of reasons? Has a precedent been set?

+Quote Post
Guest_statrei_*
post Sep 13 2004, 11:30 AM
Post #249

Guests

QUOTE(Jvat @ Sep 13 2004, 11:34 AM)
So now it is alright, if any of us be married, for us to divorce our spouses for the most unorthodox of reasons? Has a precedent been set?

It was done in Toronto in 2000 when the church voted, unlawfully, to change the Manual so that divorce can be obtained for an "unbelieving spouse." I was very vocal about this misuse of ecclesiastical power at the time.

+Quote Post
meadbd
post Sep 13 2004, 05:04 PM
Post #250

Advanced Member

Member No.: 444

QUOTE (Jvat @ Sep 13 2004, 11:34 AM)
So now it is alright, if any of us be married, for us to divorce our spouses for the most unorthodox of reasons? Has a precedent been set?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Actually, no...the Bible has not changed.

--------------------
========================================
"If Christianity has never disturbed us, we have not
yet learned what it is" William Temple
-------------------------------------------------------
My Webpage
PRAISE & GLORY TO THE LORD!
-------------------------------------------------------
"For the Kingdom of Heaven is not eating and drinking,
but righteousness and joy and peace in the Holy Spirit"
Rom.14:17

Bill
========================================

+Quote Post
TedOdell
post Sep 14 2004, 04:25 AM
Post #251

Advanced Member

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 5

QUOTE(statrei @ Aug 31 2004, 06:25 PM)
Only someone from a former British colony would know the correct spelling. I cringe whenever I read 'Here, Here.'

Both spellings are correct. Only the word choice and usage are incorrect. Correct?

--------------------
Do God's will without permission or apology!

+Quote Post
Jvat
post Sep 14 2004, 08:11 AM
Post #252

Advanced Member

QUOTE(statrei @ Sep 13 2004, 11:30 AM)
It was done in Toronto in 2000 when the church voted, unlawfully, to change the Manual so that divorce can be obtained for an "unbelieving spouse." I was very vocal about this misuse of ecclesiastical power at the time.

And so, it seems that the church slides quickly down into perdition? Darius, what was the result of your vociferousness? What can be done to effectively reverse this new order of things? How can we ensure that our voices be heard and that action be taken, in this regard? With GC 2005 coming up, can we do anything to ENSURE that this matter be revisited and handled to God's honor and glory?

+Quote Post
Guest_statrei_*
post Sep 14 2004, 08:13 AM
Post #253

Guests

Anita, by now you should know that power never listens to the voice of the people, especially when they have others who think they can ingratiate themselves with leaders by attacking those who point out our flaws.

+Quote Post
Jvat
post Sep 14 2004, 08:14 AM
Post #254

Advanced Member

QUOTE(TedOdell @ Sep 14 2004, 04:25 AM)
Both spellings are correct. Only the word choice and usage are incorrect. Correct?

biggrin.gif Hey Ted, I laugh with you. But surely you understood what Darius was getting at, eh?

+Quote Post
Jvat
post Sep 14 2004, 08:17 AM
Post #255

Advanced Member

QUOTE(statrei @ Sep 14 2004, 08:13 AM)
Anita, by now you should know that power never listens to the voice of the people, especially when they have others who think they can ingratiate themselves with leaders by attacking those who point out our flaws.

But Darius, this matter is not about you or me, is it? It is bigger than a mere mortal? Maybe we should get a petition signed so that not just ONE person is targeted so that this matter can be adequately dealt with? But first we should perhaps seek God's face and HIS leading in the way forward in this matter?

+Quote Post

30 Pages V  « < 15 16 17 18 19 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 03:58 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church