Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1664&st=60 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 04:58:22 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

30 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Latest On 3abn - Round 3, Kay Kuzma Response to L Shelton Story
calvin
post Aug 17 2004, 12:29 PM
Post #61

site admin
Group Icon

Group: Owner
Member No.: 1

QUOTE(kountzer @ Aug 17 2004, 11:44 AM)
Good point. I've been thinking that to myself all the time.

DB

Oh yea, I know my people. When I was president of the Houston Oakwood Alumni Chapter, I would bring groups down to raise money for student scholarships. Negros would drive up in their BMW and Benz, wearing $600 suits and $1,000 St John knits, jump up and down, shout amen, and put a dollar in the offering plate. Yea, we watching 3ABN, talkn’t bout how good is, how blessed we are, but we ain’t giving them no serious bucks.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Clay
post Aug 17 2004, 02:07 PM
Post #62

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

Calvin,
Your point is made... however there are some folks, be they few in number, who are black and who are supportive of 3ABN....

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
Guest_kountzer_*
post Aug 17 2004, 02:30 PM
Post #63

Guests

Clay, this may be true, but those folks aren't on this msg board. I've made some donations to 3ABN - not enough to mention though.

dB

+Quote Post
tarduke
post Aug 17 2004, 02:33 PM
Post #64

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 490

QUOTE(claborn1960 @ Aug 17 2004, 02:07 PM)
Calvin,
Your point is made... however there are some folks, be they few in number, who are black and who are supportive of 3ABN....

I was one of the early ones to assit in pushing their petition drive in New York. That must translate into some serious bucks...eh?

By the way I just saw Danny on "3ABN Today" and --dang---the brother looks good. Is it me or does danny look younger, fresher, more prosperous since the fallout? I wonder what's behind this relaxed, confident 17-years-younger-than-I-am look.

--------------------
Trevor Ducreay
----------------------------------------------------

1 Peter 4:11 "If any man speaks, let him speak as the oracles of God; if any man ministers, let him do it as of the ability which God giveth"
"If my heart condemns me, God is greater than my heart." [Para 1 Jn 3:20]
"But none of these things move me" [Acts 20:24]

+Quote Post
tarduke
post Aug 17 2004, 02:37 PM
Post #65

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Jvat @ Aug 17 2004, 12:19 PM)
Ok, I admit Tarduke that I was not exactly accurate in my information (my memory failed me there) oops.gif

I accept your confession, Jvat.

--------------------
Trevor Ducreay

1 Peter 4:11 "If any man speaks, let him speak as the oracles of God; if any man ministers, let him do it as of the ability which God giveth"

+Quote Post
calvin
post Aug 17 2004, 03:33 PM
Post #66

site admin
Group Icon

Group: Owner
Member No.: 1

QUOTE(claborn1960 @ Aug 17 2004, 09:04 AM)
This is just the tip of the iceberg... and again why contact Calvin and not the other boards?

You know it could be that we/I get the attentions because of our activity here. I was checking some of the other Adventist boards, this letter has been published on some of them as well. But I noticed none of them generate nearly the amount of posts or traffic that we get here. We are also getting crossover members from these boards.
Here is a link to a comprehensive list of Adventist discussion forums, chat rooms, mailing list, etc. http://dmoz.org/Society/Religion_and_Spiri...ats_and_Forums/

+Quote Post
Clay
post Aug 17 2004, 04:00 PM
Post #67

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

That is a possibility, however the latest letter I posted on another forum I am on and I did not see any discussion about 3ABN on a different forum that I frequent...

--------------------

+Quote Post
mema
post Aug 17 2004, 04:03 PM
Post #68

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 505

Maybe they do not find it as important as we do...

--------------------
"When Satan is knocking at your door, simply say,"Jesus, could you get that for me?"
Always allow yourself to learn something new each day, wisdom will grow that way.

+Quote Post
Guest_statrei_*
post Aug 17 2004, 04:06 PM
Post #69

Guests

The reason is simply that most Adventist don't wish to admit that the church is not being micromanaged by God. They still buy into the belief that this is God's company. This is why they rather not discuss any unsavory matter that comes up.

+Quote Post
tarduke
post Aug 17 2004, 04:13 PM
Post #70

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(statrei @ Aug 17 2004, 04:06 PM)
They still buy into the belief that this is God's company.

You sure call it as you see it, Darius.
As the disciples would say, this is a hard saying! biggrin.gif

...sometimes seems as if God has a non-voting seat on the board.

--------------------
Trevor Ducreay

+Quote Post
Clay
post Aug 17 2004, 04:17 PM
Post #71

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Darius,
Are you saying, have you dared suggested that God is not in control? That God has not approved every move, every instrument purchased, every pew bought, every communion glass (be it glass or plastic) dedicated, or every camera used by 3ABN? That God has not signed with his own finger every check written by the treasurer in each church? That God has not managed and coordinated every call to a pastor (you know the ones where pastors who have been caught with their hands in the cookie jar say that the Lord has called them to work somewhere else)? You my friend are bordering on heresy for sure..... yes.gif no.gif yes.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Guest_statrei_*
post Aug 17 2004, 04:23 PM
Post #72

Guests

The earth is the Lord's and the fulness thereof. Not only those who are bold enough to call themselves "the remnant." God uses us as we are willing. He has certainly used the ministry of the Adventist church and its auxilliary organizations. He has also used many other institutions in the world, some of which Adventists won't go near to. I don't mind being called a heretic on this by Jvat or others. This is my father's world.

+Quote Post
Clay
post Aug 17 2004, 04:41 PM
Post #73

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Very true Darius... and God will continue to use ordinary people and .orgs that we won't go near.....

--------------------

+Quote Post
ginge
post Aug 18 2004, 02:09 AM
Post #74

Member No.: 556

Well here I am, after over a month of "lurking" in the background as a guest. I have perused all the forums about once a week and find that this one is more to my liking. Of course I DO find some of the same names showing up on a number of the forums. I don't have any profound answers to the 3ABN dilemma. I even have to admit to boycotting watching them on our satellite (at least for the time being). I also had a not too nice plan to return the book, that we recently bought about the Shelton's life with 3ABN, and cut out all the pictures of Linda and mark out all of her names since that is what they have done at the studio. But the book still sits here. That wouldn't help anything between me and the Lord and He DID say "vengence is mine". But sometimes a little bit of satisfaction on this side of heaven keeps things in perspective rolleyes.gif

So on to my reason for posting. It is early AM Wed. now here in No. Calif. and I just read the last post on Club Adventist and then checked in on Linda's website. So here is her latest http://www.lindashelton.org./letters.php

Also here is the latest from Inge, I post it because she was posted here before:

QUOTE(Inge Amderson @ the other forum)
Interesting letter by Kay Kuzma -- one that confirms that she is solidly behind Danny, and all her talk of loving Linda sounds a bit hollow. She writes of concern for Linda's reputation, yet the statements published on the 3ABN web site, along with Dan's divorce and his firing of Linda broadcast the clear message that Linda had fallen into some really horrendous sin. After all, nothing short of adultery would justify such treatment, would it?

Kay writes of Linda leaving Dan, as though she were the one who initiated the separation/divorce. I happen to know that this is very misleading, therefore not true. (In fact, even Dan Shelton's statements indicate his taking responsibility for the decision regarding his marriage. See below.) Kay's statement implies that Linda was not fired but left of her own accord. Unfortunately she forgot to consult with Dan Shelton and Walter Thompson on that, and she forgot to read the statements published on the web site which clearly indicated that it was a board decision that Linda is no longer with 3ABN. Frankly, such obvious twisting of the published facts put the rest of her statement under strong suspicion of not being exactly the truth.

Now back to Dan Shelton: Last Friday (August 13, 2004) Dan shared on the air that he had made "some of the most difficult decisions" of his life in the last several months, but he was sure that they were decisions that God wanted him to make. (My Bible says that divorce is permitted for adultery, but it says nothing about "spiritual adultery.")

Dan also shared in a separate segment that he was forced to choose between his marriage and 3ABN. I wonder who forced him to choose?

In another statement he said something about getting 3ABN back on track to fulfill its original mission. The implication appeared to be that someone no longer with 3ABN had caused it to go off track and veer from its original mission. Now that makes me wonder whether the particular things I liked about 3ABN lately is what was "off-track"? You see, I appreciated the fact that 3ABN seemed to give voice to a wider spectrum of Adventists than previously. In other words, it demonstrated some of the diversity I see in my church -- with the natural consequence that some essentially contradicted what others had shared (on non-essential issues). But that's the way it is in my church.

Now I'm thinking that 3ABN will revert to presenting a very one-sided view of Adventism -- the view of Dan Shelton and his most conservative financial supporters. ... (But I'm still puzzled how such "conservative" folks can justify divorce on grounds other than adultery.)

On the other hand, no marital break-up results from only one person's mistakes (even if Dan would like us to believe that). Among other things, that likely means that it would be best not to portray Linda as a 100% saint. She might not be able to live up to it. Dan and Linda balanced each other out nicely. Separately, I fear that neither of them will be "balanced."

May the Lord intervene in these lives that have been so much in the public eye ...

Blessings,
Inge Anderson

There are some other posts on Aug. 17 on Club Adventist that are worth reading.
http://www.clubadventist.com

My husband is a family counselor and I have seen how men abuse their wives with "christian" control, jealousy and power. Wives are not immune from doing the same thing, however, after years of watching Linda on 3ABN and understanding human weaknesses I am on her side. There, I said it. I have now taken a side. I know that God can't take sides because he is routing for both of them to stay with Him and to stay with each other. I don't have that priviledge, so for the time being---Linda, you have my heart and my prayers.

+Quote Post
tarduke
post Aug 18 2004, 03:20 AM
Post #75

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(calvin @ Aug 17 2004, 12:29 PM)
Negros would drive up in their BMW and Benz, wearing  $600 suits and $1,000 St John knits, jump up and down, shout amen, and put a dollar in the offering plate.

What I want to know is: How did Calvin match the Beamer owner and others with the solitary dollar bills? Was someone keeping an eye on them?

Those brothers apparently forgot the time tested technique for putting money in the plate: make a closed fist over the dollar and putting your hand as far in the plate as possible to prevent the usher/deacon from seeing your gift.

--------------------
Trevor Ducreay

+Quote Post

30 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 03:58 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church