Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=17129&st=30 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 02:59:48 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

14 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> The Latest In The 3-ring Circus, Discount Attorneys?
Richard Sherwin
post Nov 10 2007, 07:14 AM
Post #31

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,231

Calvin has posted that the board is having a problem. http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?s...mp;#entry223645

QUOTE(Ian @ Nov 10 2007, 07:33 AM) *
huh.gif

I have had the same exact problem since my last post yesterday morning, and have been unable to upload the files I referred to. Maybe others are having a problem of only being able to reply in basic mode as well.

Can one of the Administrators please check and see if all the functions and codes and options in the text editor have become disabled somehow and re enable them? or check and see if there is a forum error?
Ian

edited to add:
I thought maybe I could re enable the posting options in my User profile by myself, but neither the "Options" or "settings" can be edited or accessed in my profile. Can you check this out also?

Thank you.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ian
post Nov 10 2007, 08:03 AM
Post #32

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,103

QUOTE(Richard Sherwin @ Nov 10 2007, 08:14 AM) *
Calvin has posted that the board is having a problem. http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?s...mp;#entry223645

Thank you Richard.

Most of what I was trying to post here is not Sabbath material anyway, so will get back to it after Sabbath hours and after Calvin has a chance to check it all out.

Happy Sabbath smile.gif

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Nov 10 2007, 08:04 AM
Post #33

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,960

QUOTE(Chez @ Nov 9 2007, 07:50 PM) *
Bob,

I think that we should be very careful in judging faithfulness. In fact, I believe that whether or not we agree with Danny and his tactics along with his associates and their activities, we should not judge him and no one else. Be careful.

Chez

Paul said that we should judge nothing before the time, that is true (1 Cor. 4:5). And yet in the same epistle he said he had already judged regarding the man who had his father's wife (1 Cor. 5:3). And the least esteemed in the church were to judge in certain matters (1 Cor. 6:4).

I take this to mean that we are not to judge in regards to someone's eternal destiny, for we know not at present "the hidden things of darkness" and "the counsels of the hearts" (1 Cor. 4:5). But when it comes to open sin in the church, as in the man in 1 Cor. 5, or in disputes between members as in 1 Cor. 6, we are to judge.

Danny Shelton has made and allowed to be made high claims about himself. He has been declared to be the Lord's anointed, beyond the reach of human correction, on a globally broadcasted TV program by a Seventh-day Adventist minister. Kay Kuzma's book tells of dreams and visions allegedly had by Danny Shelton. Jesus said:

"Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves. Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles? Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit." (Mat. 7:15-17).

We therefore have a divine mandate to judge Prophet Shelton's works to the point that we determine whether those works are grapes and figs, or something else, and whether he has the teeth of a sheep or the canines of a wolf.

Can we do this without inquiring into whether he has been faithful to the law of God?

+Quote Post
Eduard
post Nov 10 2007, 08:43 AM
Post #34

Member No.: 3,727

QUOTE(Ian @ Nov 9 2007, 11:09 AM) *
My bad. I thought Monday was the 13th. Tuesday then.
I have a hard time believing you don't know what I am talking about, so this appears to be more games and spin by you to me.

I didn't need to take anyones word for it but Gailon's, neither do you or anyone else. It's right there in his Bankruptcy case where he claims one thing, and in his arguments in the civil case where he claims the opposite, all available on PACER, ,and referred to by the Attorney's for 3ABN in the motion I'm trying to figure out how to post here.

Whether I am anonymous or not has nothing to do with it, anyone can look it up or read either case for themselves

There is too much evidence of abuse of privileges and of financial deception in D. Shelton's records as president of 3ABN and as private citizen. It is sad, but true. All other things are irrelevant details, and are not worth debating. How is 3ABN going to recover from this mess as more and more wrongoing is uncovered on the part of D. Shelton and his mercenaries?

Eduard

This post has been edited by Eduard: Nov 10 2007, 09:08 AM

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Nov 11 2007, 10:12 PM
Post #35

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Here's the latest document filed with the court. I'm not real thrilled about it.

Latest filing

Hopefully the other side will be less thrilled than I am.

+Quote Post
Fran
post Nov 12 2007, 12:26 PM
Post #36

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 529

QUOTE(Pickle @ Nov 11 2007, 11:12 PM) *
Here's the latest document filed with the court. I'm not real thrilled about it.

Latest filing

Help! I have fallen from shock and can't get up!

Next chapter: Goliath meets David

--------------------
The greatest want of the world is the want of men-- men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall. {Ed 57.3}
But such a character is not the result of accident; it is not due to special favors or endowments of Providence. A noble character is the result of self-discipline, of the subjection of the lower to the higher nature--the surrender of self for the service of love to God and man. {Ed 57.4}

+Quote Post
fallible humanbe...
post Nov 12 2007, 04:54 PM
Post #37

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,058

Looks like the conflict of interest situation kicked in and Robert is the odd man out . . .

- FHB

QUOTE(Fran @ Nov 12 2007, 02:26 PM) *
Help! I have fallen from shock and can't get up!

Next chapter: Goliath meets David

--------------------
But beware. Anger, fear, aggression. The dark side are they. Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny. - Yoda

If you would convince a man that he does wrong, do right. But do not care to convince him. Men will believe what they see. Let them see. - Henry David Thoreau

May those who love us love us. And those who don’t love us– may God turn their hearts. And if He cannot turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, so that we may know them by their limping. - Keeping Faith

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Nov 12 2007, 05:47 PM
Post #38

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(Pickle @ Nov 11 2007, 08:12 PM) *

Latest filing

As a side bar to the revelation in this "Latest Filing" link, I learned that there is an estimated $25 - $30,000 that Bob and Gailon will have to come up with to pay for their part of the discovery process, that is, for depositions. Those who feel so inclined to help defray these expenses should contact Bob by PM or email.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Nov 12 2007, 05:58 PM
Post #39

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(fallible humanbeing @ Nov 12 2007, 04:54 PM) *
Looks like the conflict of interest situation kicked in and Robert is the odd man out . . .

- FHB

While I have to admit that your guess looks plausible, you happen to be wrong once again.

I do wish that we can be friends one day, whether or not you ever choose to call me by the name I use.

+Quote Post
Richard Sherwin
post Nov 12 2007, 06:25 PM
Post #40

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,231

It does seem rather rude that people will not call you by the name you request.

QUOTE(Pickle @ Nov 12 2007, 06:58 PM) *
While I have to admit that your guess looks plausible, you happen to be wrong once again.

I do wish that we can be friends one day, whether or not you ever choose to call me by the name I use.

+Quote Post
judibug60
post Nov 12 2007, 07:02 PM
Post #41

Member No.: 4,245

QUOTE(Richard Sherwin @ Nov 12 2007, 06:25 PM) *
It does seem rather rude that people will not call you by the name you request.

Agreed......in fact....i'm seeing less and less christian spirit at this web site...and it is so distressing......I am so distressed with the name calling and unkind remarks I continue to read here..... There is enough unchristian humanity around us everyday as it is...but it now seems we can no longer fellowship here as fellow brothers and sisters.......

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Nov 13 2007, 12:47 PM
Post #42

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

We got done with the status conference maybe 20 minutes ago. Not much happened in less than 30 minutes.

A copy and a backup of Gailon's hard drives will be made, will be placed under seal, and will be deposited with the court. This alleviates most of my concerns, since the plaintiffs' computer forensics experts will not be permitted to keep any copies. I did raise the issue of whether the copy/copies on their server which would be used to make the one deposited with the court would be destroyed to the point that not even a computer forensics expert would be able to retrieve the data, but plaintiffs' counsel claimed that they do this all the time, and this is the only way to do it, namely, to use a server to make the copy/copies.

It was a little hard for me to hear, but I believe the other side said that Laird had filed a motion with the bankruptcy court to lift the automatic stay. Now discovery should begin in earnest.

This post has been edited by Pickle: Nov 13 2007, 12:47 PM

+Quote Post
Snoopy
post Nov 13 2007, 12:51 PM
Post #43

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,808

QUOTE(fallible humanbeing @ Nov 12 2007, 04:54 PM) *

- FHB

Hhmm. What a kind and Christ like comment. Very similar to the type of behavior that drove me out of the SDA church...

Just remember..."Fallible"...he who chirps the loudest may be the last to chirp at all...

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Nov 13 2007, 01:24 PM
Post #44

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Hmm. Reverse evangelism on the part of 3ABN?

+Quote Post
fallible humanbe...
post Nov 13 2007, 03:21 PM
Post #45

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,058

S,

There was nothing unkind, nor unChristian about my comment. I merely stated an observation . . . if you have been reading all along it has been suggested, by 3ABN's legal team, that there was an inherent conflict of interest if Laird Heal was to represent Robert Pickle in the 3ABN case, and Gailon Joy in his personal bankruptcy case.

Additionally, it has been suggested that the filing of said bankruptcy was suspiciously convenient, as in theory it would leave Robert Pickle to bear sole responsibility of any monetary judgment against Pickle/Joy. All of that being restated, my comment was a "thought aloud" on this situation . . . in my opinion, I suggested that the conflict of interest situation had left Robert Pickle the odd man out as it would appear as if Laird Heal, having to chose one or the other case to represent had chosen Gailon Joy's personal bankruptcy case. If this is true (and Robert Pickle has made comment that it isn't but provided no more insight into why he finds himself in need of pro se representation) it would most certainly create an even more precarious position for Robert Pickle as it is a tenuous situation to represent one's self in court - especially when you do not have any legal training.

As to your decision to leave the Seventh-day Adventist Church . . . you can never place the blame for that decision on another. Your decision is purely your own and not forced upon you by another. You reached a point in your spiritual journey that you felt you must decide to remain in the church, or leave . . . you chose to leave - that is no one else's responsibility. Their sole responsibility is for their actions, dealing with that within the context of their relationship with their Saviour, to blame someone elses actions for your decision to leave the church is an exercise in shirking the responsibility you have to, as Mrs. White puts it (and I am paraphrasing here), to work out in fear and trembling your spiritual journey with the Lord. It all comes down to what >you< chose for your life regardless of the words or actions of others. I am sure that you can spend enough time in the church of any faith and if you want to look at someone else to give you a reason to leave, you will find such. The world after all is made up of imperfect, fallible human beings all searching for a place in the world and searching for the One to provide hope and direction. As long as you rub shoulders with the rest of us, you are going to find things you don't like - if you base your spiritual decisions on the things we do and say . . . you are going to be hard pressed to find the perfection you are looking for that will allow you to decide to "stay" in the faith. Look up, not across the aisle.

- FHB

QUOTE(Snoopy @ Nov 13 2007, 02:51 PM) *
Hhmm. What a kind and Christ like comment. Very similar to the type of behavior that drove me out of the SDA church...

Just remember..."Fallible"...he who chirps the loudest may be the last to chirp at all...

This post has been edited by fallible humanbeing: Nov 13 2007, 03:24 PM

--------------------
But beware. Anger, fear, aggression. The dark side are they. Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny. - Yoda

If you would convince a man that he does wrong, do right. But do not care to convince him. Men will believe what they see. Let them see. - Henry David Thoreau

May those who love us love us. And those who don’t love us– may God turn their hearts. And if He cannot turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, so that we may know them by their limping. - Keeping Faith

+Quote Post

14 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 01:59 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church