Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1753&st=0 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 12:13:11 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 3ABN Viewing, Do you watch?
Do you watch 3ABN more than one hour a week?
Do you watch 3ABN more than one hour a week?
yes [ 23 ] ** [33.82%]
no [ 45 ] ** [66.18%]
Total Votes: 68
Guests cannot vote 
Guest_wesleysimpson_*
post Aug 20 2004, 01:18 PM
Post #1

Guests

Just interested...I have never looked at it very much at all....Did you guys ever look at it much?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
medzi
post Aug 20 2004, 02:13 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 554

I've seen a seminar, a concert, and a cooking show.

--------------------
" A skeptic is one who is willing to question any truth claim, asking for clarity in definition, consistancy in logic, and adequacy in evidence."-Paul Kurtz

+Quote Post
mema
post Aug 20 2004, 02:40 PM
Post #3

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 505

I have yet to watch it.

--------------------
"When Satan is knocking at your door, simply say,"Jesus, could you get that for me?"
Always allow yourself to learn something new each day, wisdom will grow that way.

+Quote Post
zaklynn
post Aug 20 2004, 02:44 PM
Post #4

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 123

No.

--------------------
"Courage is almost a contradiction in terms. It means a strong desire to live taking the form of a readiness to die."

+Quote Post
Guest_pkwfireteacher_*
post Aug 20 2004, 03:53 PM
Post #5

Guests

QUOTE(wesleysimpson @ Aug 20 2004, 01:18 PM)
Just interested...I have never looked at it very much at all....Did you guys ever look at it much?

I'm sorry to say that I've maybe watched about 30 minutes of TBN since it's been on the air. To me TBN looks to European. I've seen a couple of brown faces every now and then. But I've seen more people of color on the reruns of the old Lawrence Welk Hour.

PKW

+Quote Post
mema
post Aug 20 2004, 03:54 PM
Post #6

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 505

QUOTE(pkwfireteacher @ Aug 20 2004, 03:53 PM)
I'm sorry to say that I've maybe watched about 30 minutes of TBN since it's been on the air. To me TBN looks to European. I've seen a couple of brown faces every now and then. But I've seen more people of color on the reruns of the old Lawrence Welk Hour.

PKW

You are so out there.....missed you out here earlier. smile.gif

--------------------
"When Satan is knocking at your door, simply say,"Jesus, could you get that for me?"
Always allow yourself to learn something new each day, wisdom will grow that way.

+Quote Post
tarduke
post Aug 20 2004, 04:09 PM
Post #7

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 490

Yes I do. Channel 9711 on Sky Angel.

--------------------
Trevor Ducreay
----------------------------------------------------

1 Peter 4:11 "If any man speaks, let him speak as the oracles of God; if any man ministers, let him do it as of the ability which God giveth"
"If my heart condemns me, God is greater than my heart." [Para 1 Jn 3:20]
"But none of these things move me" [Acts 20:24]

+Quote Post
Guest_wesleysimpson_*
post Aug 20 2004, 04:52 PM
Post #8

Guests

QUOTE(pkwfireteacher @ Aug 20 2004, 03:53 PM)

PKW

you talking about 3ABN or TBN...

I must admit that I have seen a lot more TBN than 3ABN...mostly Jakes, Long, Patterson, and the like...

I hear you on the Euro-thing...

+Quote Post
zwxphtt
post Aug 20 2004, 05:21 PM
Post #9

Welcome Newbie

Member No.: 518

I've watched hundreds of hours of 3ABN..you guys are missing some great sermons. I must admit it is not the only thing I watch since I also really enjoy LLBN.

+Quote Post
Guest_wesleysimpson_*
post Aug 20 2004, 05:30 PM
Post #10

Guests

QUOTE(zwxphtt @ Aug 20 2004, 05:21 PM)
I've watched hundreds of hours of 3ABN..you guys are missing some great sermons. I must admit it is not the only thing I watch since I also really enjoy LLBN.

LLBN?

What's that?

+Quote Post
Clay
post Aug 20 2004, 09:55 PM
Post #11

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

I am not a 3ABN watcher.... seems to be something cultish about the viewers.... everyone walking around quoting what they saw on 3ABN..... scary.....

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
calvin
post Aug 20 2004, 10:33 PM
Post #12

site admin
Group Icon

Group: Owner
Member No.: 1

I watch it for more than a hour each week, But not much more than that, usually on Sabbath and more in the Winter than Summer. To busy talking to you folks on BSDA and golfing to spend much time on 3ABN.

+Quote Post
Guest_kountzer_*
post Aug 21 2004, 06:32 AM
Post #13

Guests

I watch 3 to 5 hours a week. I find the sermons to be great and on point. It's a lot better than the go around in circles, 'grass is always greener' mess that you get here. As for the euro look, if black folks want to be seen they need to make it happen. BOL has to rebroadcast the same shows over and over and over because no one will support them. I've donated to 3ABN and to other independent ministries. I wouldn't give a dime for this.

DB

+Quote Post
Prisca
post Aug 21 2004, 06:47 AM
Post #14

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 11

I watched it more when Linda was there, I admit. I like some of the programming, not everything. The ethnic thing has bothered me as well. Calvin's brother and sister in law have a cooking show on it and that's good. Marriage Matters is also quite good. There are also others that are interesting and good. Since the inception of Safe TV I've found some more good programs so I switch back and forth usually. I like the re-re-runs of Breath of Life on that channel and the early Sabbath School lesson review. Now with the addition of Hope TV, I'm sure much of the viewing habits of those that watch will change.

Priscilla

+Quote Post
Guest_kountzer_*
post Aug 21 2004, 07:48 AM
Post #15

Guests

I can turn on the TV to a religious station and sometimes a secular station (I like the way I am using the word secular, btw, bump what darius says to the contrary) and see black preaching: td jakes, iv hilliard, glen plummer, etc. The list goes on and on. Some of it is okay, but most of it is untimely gibberish.
Now, try turning on the tv and seeing black sda preaching. The only place I've seen it is on 3ABN. I've seen more black sda ministers, artists and health advocates like the Eakins than I've seen anywhere else. I may eventually hook up with the hope channel or llbn. Guess what? The euros dominate those networks also.

DB

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 11:13 AM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church