Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1753&st=30 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 05:04:35 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 3ABN Viewing, Do you watch?
Do you watch 3ABN more than one hour a week?
Do you watch 3ABN more than one hour a week?
yes [ 23 ] ** [33.82%]
no [ 45 ] ** [66.18%]
Total Votes: 68
Guests cannot vote 
daylily
post Feb 8 2007, 08:57 PM
Post #31

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,715

That's 33, 30 and 28, not 38!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Spike
post Feb 8 2007, 09:23 PM
Post #32

Member No.: 1,880

QUOTE(daylily @ Feb 8 2007, 07:57 PM) [snapback]176640[/snapback]

That's 33, 30 and 28, not 38!

biggrin.gif I was wondering about that 38.

+Quote Post
Truly Blonde
post Feb 8 2007, 09:31 PM
Post #33

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,160

QUOTE(daylily @ Feb 8 2007, 07:42 PM) [snapback]176637[/snapback]

I'm not sure what you mean by "older folk" but my adult children enjoy various aspects of 3ABN and they are 33, 30 and 38. I forgot to mention the mission programs--I enjoy then too. And I'm only 52. That's not old..........is it? smile.gif

Daylily, I am older than you and I meant Older than me. my mom will be 83 in a few days. My inlaws were almost 90 and they watched 3abn constantly. I think it might have had something to do with the fact they couldn't remember what they saw so they just kept watching the same things over and over. laugh.gif

I just think that the people who have more time on their hands tend to watch more of 3abn than people who are busy doing other things.

+Quote Post
Ralph
post Feb 8 2007, 09:46 PM
Post #34

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,002

QUOTE(Spike @ Feb 8 2007, 07:46 PM) [snapback]176638[/snapback]

I don't know what it is either but something has changed on 3abn and I find myself watching Hope and LLBN. I like watching Cliff Goldstein on Hope and today they had Linda Caviness talking about the brain, it was very good.

I really love watching CLIFF! Both my wife and I watch Hopetv on the Internet. Just for relaxing music, we enjoy Hymns and Favorites from Walla Walla.

+Quote Post
Skyhook
post Feb 8 2007, 09:59 PM
Post #35

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,121

I have had the dish 2 years. I noticed right away that there was a problem with DS. He annoyed me right away when he "interviewed" people and hogged the conversation. It annoyed me that the camera showed his face most of the time even when there were others sitting there with him. Even when others were speaking the camera sometimes focused on Danny. The other thing I noticed was that he really had nothing of substance to say, but always babbled on.
Now I can hardly stand to even look at any of the regulars. I try to watch Doug Batchelor teach the SS lesson, and sometimes catch some good programs. Recently they had A. Leroy Moore on. That man has some valuable things to say, but the woman interviewing him kept cutting him off. I wanted to tell her to shut up and let him talk. Those people who do interviews ought to be required to watch some real pros. Larry King, for one. I don't know anything about TV production, but it appears to me that the camera work at 3abn is not very good.

I like to catch Ivor Myers. Steven Bohr is really good. I pick and choose. Hope has some good programs, but I can't for the life of me understand why they keep running that old Westbrook Hospital show. I also like Clifford Goldstein, and Don Schneider has been doing some good interviews.

+Quote Post
Rosyroi
post Feb 8 2007, 10:10 PM
Post #36

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,536

I was living in a high rise brick building for a long time so was not able to get the local antena 3ABN programing and was a studentso didn't get cable. Later I had cable and then was able to watch 3ABN. I was thrilled when GC was in their summer session and I got to see my youngest son play in an orchestra. He was attending AU at the time and had a chance to go to GC.

I used to watch my church service live on tv at the time. I worked evening shift and sometimes had a hard time getting up early for SS and Church service. Within the last 5-6 years I would watch more 3ABN. I got a blessing watching the various evangelistic programs. I loved the cooking classes since I had startted eating vegan about that time. At first I would be excited when 3ABN came to town but I noticed that Danny kept saying the same things each time and it got boring watching Danny uplift Danny instead of Jesus.

Recently our local tv programming changed to Hope channel. I wasn't thrilled about the idea. Watching Hope build up Hope channel turned me off. A week ago I asked someone who I thought might know why our church switched from 3ABN to Hope, this person told me 3ABN was too controlling as to when and how much time we could use for local programming. Now I rarely watch it.

When my mother who lives with me now watches it I will check online at 3ABN.org to see if I had already printed the recipes and print them if I hadn't yet. I used to love watching Linda minister to me. Many people in my area loved Linda more than Danny. Linda uplifted us to Jesus. Sometimes she brought me to tears of happiness.

When Linda was outsted I heard some strange rumers that the dear ladies at Dorcas would swear came directly from 3ABN. One lady said she had a friend working there and of course her freind would never lie. I refused to listen to the rumors. Once I wrote to 3ABN and I got a reply that said that they would honor Linda by not saying why she left. I thought that was strange. Recently I found BLACKSDA and discovered there were a lot more to the story than the rumors. Some of the rumors haven't even been addressed at BSDA.

My mother had been living near AU when Danny would go around telling his story at churches or where ever he could go to get his 3ABN going in the early days. My mother believes in Danny and will NOT listen to any 'rumors' I would have to tell her so I stay quiet to keep the peace in the family. Lately there had been a lot of repeat programming so she is not watching it as much as she used to. She dislikes Hope channel very much. I only like to watch Hope when our church service is on or when LLBN is on. Sabbath is a wonderful day to listen to sermons and music made available, even the local college church service is also aired.
3ABN is still availablein this area if you have a good antenae. My mother purchased the little satellite and can continue watching her favorite programming.

Also I miss watching Linda and Barbara Kerr with Barbara's cooking classes. They had such a good time. At least I can still watch Paula and Curtis with their cooking classes. They are fun to watch also.

My prayer is that 3ABN continues it's wonderful work to uplift Jesus to the world but without Danny Shelton, John Lomacane(spelling?) Molly and Shelly and husbands. They are dishonoring God in such a terrible way. I am ashamed of the way they have talked so terrible against another human being to the world.

--------------------

"Joy, Love, Peace, Long Suffering, Gentleness, Goodness, Faith, Meekness, and Self Control are what being full of the Holy Spirit is all about." Galations 5.

"Don't waste your time waiting and longing for large opportunities which may never come, but faitfully handle the little things that are always claiming your attention..." F.B. Meyers

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B. 2007

"For GOD so LOVED you and me..." John 3:16

"I believe that there is a devil, and here's Satan's agenda. First, he doesn't want anyone having kids. Secondly, if they do conceive, he wants them killed.
If they're not killed through abortion, he wants them neglected or abused physically, emotionally, sexually...One way or another, the legions of hell want to destroy children because children become the future adults and leaders. If they (legions) can warp or wound a child, he or she becomes a warped or wounded adult who passes on this affliction to the next generation". -Terry Randall in TIME Magazine, October 21, 1991

+Quote Post
wwjd
post Feb 8 2007, 10:46 PM
Post #37

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,794

When Linda was outsted I heard some strange rumers that the dear ladies at Dorcas would swear came directly from 3ABN. One lady said she had a friend working there and of course her freind would never lie. I refused to listen to the rumors. Once I wrote to 3ABN and I got a reply that said that they would honor Linda by not saying why she left. I thought that was strange. Recently I found BLACKSDA and discovered there were a lot more to the story than the rumors. Some of the rumors haven't even been addressed at BSDA.

Thanks for sharing your story. I would like to address 2 things. First you have read all the posts here that say 3abn has trashed Linda to the people that inquired. You tell the true tale by telling what answer you go when you wrote 3abn. They said they would honor her by not stating the reasons she left. Does that sound like trashing. You were just one of hundreds of people that got the exact response. Now if they really wanted to trash her, don't you think they would have given a much different answer?
Secondly you said you refused to listen to gossip which is commendable. Then you say you came here and found a lot more to the story. My question: What makes you think that the things you read here about Danny and Linda are anything more than gossip? As you have found, this site is mostly pro Linda. Some have never met her, some have but the real question would be what is the origination of all the allegations about Danny that would make it any more than "gossip." Linda repeatedly says she has nothing to do with this site. She states she never even looks at it. So where do these people get all of the information and how much is verified by fact compared to how much is speculation, rumor, and innuendo.

+Quote Post
Spike
post Feb 9 2007, 12:27 AM
Post #38

Also I miss watching Linda and Barbara Kerr with Barbara's cooking classes. They had such a good time. At least I can still watch Paula and Curtis with their cooking classes. They are fun to watch also.

My mother inlaw also likes Barbara and Paula and Curtis. She has all their cookbooks and has bought them for me. She really misses watching Barbara and Linda togather. I've have copied Barbara's post and am going to give them to her. She is one of those little old ladies that did not buy into the lies about Linda. When she got the letters that 3abn sent out to the supporters that Linda had an affair she stopped sending money. She thought it was very wrong the way she was treated. My mother inlaw is a very conservitive advenist but she also has a decerning heart.

+Quote Post
wwjd
post Feb 9 2007, 12:30 AM
Post #39

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Spike @ Feb 9 2007, 12:27 AM) [snapback]176701[/snapback]

My mother inlaw also likes Barbara and Paula and Curtis. She has all their cookbooks and has bought them for me. She really misses watching Barbara and Linda togather. I've have copied Barbara's post and am going to give them to her. She is one of those little old ladies that did not buy into the lies about Linda. When she got the letters that 3abn sent out to the supporters that Linda had an affair she stopped sending money. She thought it was very wrong the way she was treated. My mother inlaw is a very conservitive advenist but she also has a decerning heart.

spike could you please copy and post that letter. A letter went out saying that Linda would not longer be there, but I and many others have never ever saw a letter from 3abn saying that Linda had an affair.
I would appreciate your posting it.
Thanks
ps Are you the one that said you were going to visit Merlin in oregon? If so we will be anxious for your report when you get back

This post has been edited by wwjd: Feb 9 2007, 12:32 AM

+Quote Post
Seraphim7
post Feb 9 2007, 12:37 AM
Post #40

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 6

No, we do not watch this program, nor do we plan to. nonono.gif

This post has been edited by seraph|m: Feb 9 2007, 12:38 AM

--------------------
WELCOME to BlackSDA from seraph|m, a BSDA Charter member.
Please Join us in The Married Forum and/or Sabbath School Lesson Study forums.

Then, come join us here, Live Chat Lesson Study ,for our Friday night study @ 8pm CST/9pm EST. The lesson can be found at Sabbath School Network (SSNET)

Motto- "Weapons of Mass Distraction, Have No Place Here. " "Qui tacet consentire videtur,"
Are not official staff mottos and are not endorsed by BSDA Management.

+Quote Post
4reneyonly
post Feb 9 2007, 12:43 AM
Post #41

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 1,162

Another 3ABN answer-man comment. You seem to be monitoring this site more than just the usual user...hmm.

What would Jesus do? Shut down 3ABN.

--------------------
Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.
John 14:26-28 KJV

+Quote Post
Spike
post Feb 9 2007, 12:49 AM
Post #42

QUOTE(wwjd @ Feb 8 2007, 11:30 PM) [snapback]176702[/snapback]

spike could you please copy and post that letter. A letter went out saying that Linda would not longer be there, but I and many others have never ever saw a letter from 3abn saying that Linda had an affair.
I would appreciate your posting it.
Thanks
ps Are you the one that said you were going to visit Merlin in oregon? If so we will be anxious for your report when you get back

The letter was sent out when Linda was fired from 3abn so I don't know if she kept it but I doubt it, why would she.
And it is my brother who is friends with Merlin and I will be giving Him the info. He said he would be happy to talk to him. That does not mean that I don't know the family. And it doesn't mean I will give you a report.

+Quote Post
wwjd
post Feb 9 2007, 01:00 AM
Post #43

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Spike @ Feb 9 2007, 12:49 AM) [snapback]176707[/snapback]

The letter was sent out when Linda was fired from 3abn so I don't know if she kept it but I doubt it, why would she.
And it is my brother who is friends with Merlin and I will be giving Him the info. He said he would be happy to talk to him. That does not mean that I don't know the family. And it doesn't mean I will give you a report.

Why not? After letting you know that Merlin is at every board meeting is privy to all evidence between Linda and Danny and has a vote on every issue that pertains to 3abn, you still said you wanted to talk to him about some of the "things going on". You were told good luck. Since you want to state on the web what you or your brother plan to do, why would you care to report what Merlin has to say. That seems only fair.

You say your mother doesn't have this alleged letter. I would like to ask supporters out there that received a letter from 3abn saying that Linda had an affair to please post it.

+Quote Post
Spike
post Feb 9 2007, 01:09 AM
Post #44

QUOTE(wwjd @ Feb 9 2007, 12:00 AM) [snapback]176710[/snapback]

Why not? After letting you know that Merlin is at every board meeting is privy to all evidence between Linda and Danny and has a vote on every issue that pertains to 3abn, you still said you wanted to talk to him about some of the "things going on". You were told good luck. Since you want to state on the web what you or your brother plan to do, why would you care to report what Merlin has to say. That seems only fair.

You say your mother doesn't have this alleged letter. I would like to ask supporters out there that received a letter from 3abn saying that Linda had an affair to please post it.

Merlin was not a board member when that all went on with Linda.
And why would my mom inlaw keep junk mail?

+Quote Post
wwjd
post Feb 9 2007, 01:23 AM
Post #45

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Spike @ Feb 9 2007, 01:09 AM) [snapback]176712[/snapback]

Merlin was not a board member when that all went on with Linda.
And why would my mom inlaw keep junk mail?

YOU DO NOT KNOW YOUR FACTS. Of course he was a board member when all that went down. Somebody is giving you bad info

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 04:04 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church