Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1753&st=15 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 05:00:32 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 3ABN Viewing, Do you watch?
Do you watch 3ABN more than one hour a week?
Do you watch 3ABN more than one hour a week?
yes [ 23 ] ** [33.82%]
no [ 45 ] ** [66.18%]
Total Votes: 68
Guests cannot vote 
post Aug 21 2004, 08:09 AM
Post #16

Group:
Member No.: 0

Our cable carrier does not provide 3ABN telecasts.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Guest_pkwfireteacher_*
post Aug 21 2004, 08:47 AM
Post #17

Guests

QUOTE(Prisca @ Aug 21 2004, 06:47 AM)
I watched it more when Linda was there, I admit. I like some of the programming, not everything. The ethnic thing has bothered me as well. Calvin's brother and sister in law have a cooking show on it and that's good. Marriage Matters is also quite good. There are also others that are interesting and good. Since the inception of Safe TV I've found some more good programs so I switch back and forth usually. I like the re-re-runs of Breath of Life on that channel and the early Sabbath School lesson review.  Now with the addition of Hope TV, I'm sure much of the viewing habits of those that watch will change.

Priscilla

Wait a minute! I've seen that guy and his wife. Is he Calvin Eakins brother? WHAT? No way!!! You wait until I see Brother Eakins at church today. Well I'll be....

PKW

+Quote Post
alramwill
post Aug 21 2004, 02:05 PM
Post #18

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 357

Never seen it. Probably can't afford it if I wanted to... sad.gif

--------------------
Very Sir Lord Al the Schweppervescent of Waterless St Mildred, CompTIA A+ Certified Technician & BlackSDA Moderator (Technology Discussion)

"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." - Mahatma Gandhi
"Today, you always know whether you are on the Internet or on your PC's hard drive. Tomorrow, you will not care and may not even know." - Bill Gates
"I'm not concerned about all hell breaking loose, but that a PART of hell will break loose... it'll be much harder to detect." - George Carlin
"There is hope for the future because God has a sense of humor and we are funny to God." - Bill Cosby
"Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind." - Albert Einstein

Problems or issues? Dial 1-877-SNIFFLE
Want to know what I really think? Dial 1-888-CFI-CARE

+Quote Post
Prisca
post Aug 21 2004, 04:45 PM
Post #19

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 11

But it's online! Lots of folks just tune up to www.3abn.org and choose the right clinking places...then voila'!

Priscilla

+Quote Post
Guest_glenetta_*
post Feb 8 2007, 06:55 PM
Post #20

Guests

QUOTE(Prisca @ Aug 21 2004, 04:45 PM) [snapback]24717[/snapback]

But it's online! Lots of folks just tune up to www.3abn.org and choose the right clinking places...then voila'!

Priscilla

I watch 3ABN also, TV and on the Web. The programing is great! I guess not many people respond to this topic but they should. Yea 3ABN, its been a plus for me.

+Quote Post
Clay
post Feb 8 2007, 06:59 PM
Post #21

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(glenetta @ Feb 8 2007, 06:55 PM) [snapback]176587[/snapback]

I watch 3ABN also, TV and on the Web. The programing is great! I guess not many people respond to this topic but they should. Yea 3ABN, its been a plus for me.

the programming is great in your opinion.... my opinion hasn't changed about 3abn didn't watch it before, don't watch it now... and there remains a cultish vibe about it.... some people still walking around talking about 3abn said this and 3abn said that....

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Feb 8 2007, 07:03 PM
Post #22

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 47

...and that cultish thing has really gotten scary with this blind faith in Danny, and the fact that the "word" wont get out there without Dannya nd 3ABN------Spiritual adultery! And it worked with far too many!!

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
Johann
post Feb 8 2007, 07:06 PM
Post #23

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(glenetta @ Feb 9 2007, 02:55 AM) [snapback]176587[/snapback]

Many of the same programs appear on HOPE. And here you find more of the official announcemetns of our own Seventh-day Adventist Church. I think there are at least as many etnic programs on HOPE as on 3ABN, but it is worth checking. You can see HOPE on the net too.

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
Clay
post Feb 8 2007, 07:08 PM
Post #24

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 4

QUOTE(princessdi @ Feb 8 2007, 07:03 PM) [snapback]176591[/snapback]

...and that cultish thing has really gotten scary with this blind faith in Danny, and the fact that the "word" wont get out there without Dannya nd 3ABN------Spiritual adultery! And it worked with far too many!!

let me go "there...." I don't know of any black folks my age or in my age group who watch 3abn.... while I am sure there probably are some black folks who watch, I know none of my friends do... the programming may appeal to older conservative folks, black or white, but I am not in that demographic....

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
daylily
post Feb 8 2007, 07:23 PM
Post #25

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,715

I used to watch 3ABN a lot when it was on SkyAngel. The programs with Arlene Taylor and the ones with Dr Bernell Baldwin on brain function and emotions were a great help to me. I watched them back in the 90's. When 3ABN was taken off SkyAngel, we didn't have it for several months until we got the smaller dish. I still enjoy 3ABN but I don't like to watch certain people on there. I enjoy the health and cooking programs, the sermons, the music. I like Hope and LLBN also but I think 3ABN has more interesting programming. Hope is catching up though:)

+Quote Post
inga
post Feb 8 2007, 07:36 PM
Post #26

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 577

QUOTE(princessdi @ Feb 8 2007, 08:03 PM) [snapback]176591[/snapback]

...and that cultish thing has really gotten scary with this blind faith in Danny, and the fact that the "word" wont get out there without Dannya nd 3ABN------

Yea, it's astonishing that so many will accept that the end justifies the means -- the "end" being that "the message" is going out. I find it hard to comprehend that some folks would actually equate 3ABN with the Three Angels' messages in Revelation!

We used to watch 3ABN some on Friday nights and Sabbath afternoons. I used to like "3ABN Presents" when Linda was there. They interviewed so many folks from different walks of life and different parts of the country that it gave a kaleidoscopic picture of Adventism. That was interesting.

But I personally cannot stand to watch Danny. I never much liked him, but right now it makes me ill to see him ...

(I found it curious this Christmas when my 23yo daughter-in-law shared that she had only seen Dan Shelton on TV a couple of times but he gave her the creeps because he seemed to be giving out the wrong kind of vibes ... sexual ones ... And she knew nothing of current allegations.)

HopeTV is much more sane.

QUOTE(wesleysimpson @ Aug 20 2004, 06:30 PM) [snapback]24426[/snapback]

LLBN?

What's that?
Loma Linda Broadcasting Network. It's available on the same dish as HopeTV and 3ABN.

+Quote Post
Spike
post Feb 8 2007, 07:56 PM
Post #27

Member No.: 1,880

Started watching on and off back in 1989 but don't watch a lot any more I prefer hope but don't watch a lot of that either. 3abn has changed a lot over the last couple of years and seems to have a watered down messege, not sure what it is but it has a different feel to it and the cooking shows are not as good as they used to be. I did watch the other day where John Dinzy and his wife interviewed an old couple and thought they did a good job with it, they worked together as a team.

+Quote Post
Truly Blonde
post Feb 8 2007, 08:20 PM
Post #28

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,160

I have watched 3abn usually when I am with my mother or back in the 90's with my inlaws. I think that 3abn appeals to older folks. Back in the 90's, I thought they had some very good speakers. Lately when I have seen it it seems there has been a change in what is being preached. At least some of the programs. I do not watch the show that Danny is in charge of. Is it something like 3abn live? I used to like the musical programs but they have changed too and I don't feel they are as uplifting as they used to be. I enjoy LLBN and the Hope channel. I really like the Sabbath afternoon musical programs from Loma Linda. I also like to hear the sermon from LL. On Friday evenings I like to listen to Doug Batchelor teach the S.S. lesson for the next day. I think these things are more relevant for my christian walk then listening to Danny especially with all that is happening at 3abn.

This post has been edited by Truly Blonde: Feb 8 2007, 08:21 PM

+Quote Post
daylily
post Feb 8 2007, 08:42 PM
Post #29

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,715

I'm not sure what you mean by "older folk" but my adult children enjoy various aspects of 3ABN and they are 33, 30 and 38. I forgot to mention the mission programs--I enjoy then too. And I'm only 52. That's not old..........is it? smile.gif

+Quote Post
Spike
post Feb 8 2007, 08:46 PM
Post #30

Member No.: 1,880

QUOTE(Truly Blonde @ Feb 8 2007, 07:20 PM) [snapback]176621[/snapback]

I have watched 3abn usually when I am with my mother or back in the 90's with my inlaws. I think that 3abn appeals to older folks. Back in the 90's, I thought they had some very good speakers. Lately when I have seen it it seems there has been a change in what is being preached. At least some of the programs. I do not watch the show that Danny is in charge of. Is it something like 3abn live? I used to like the musical programs but they have changed too and I don't feel they are as uplifting as they used to be. I enjoy LLBN and the Hope channel. I really like the Sabbath afternoon musical programs from Loma Linda. I also like to hear the sermon from LL. On Friday evenings I like to listen to Doug Batchelor teach the S.S. lesson for the next day. I think these things are more relevant for my christian walk then listening to Danny especially with all that is happening at 3abn.

I don't know what it is either but something has changed on 3abn and I find myself watching Hope and LLBN. I like watching Cliff Goldstein on Hope and today they had Linda Caviness talking about the brain, it was very good.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 04:00 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church