Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=18455&st=45 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 02:54:35 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

15 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Danny Shelton/3abn Seeks Protective Order, ... Again
Richard Sherwin
post Dec 27 2007, 06:54 PM
Post #46

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,231

Thankfully you did not fall into the same trap that others did. It seems that for some Danny can do no wrong, in other words he has become a god to them. When a person can do no wrong in someones eyes clearly there is a problem.

QUOTE(Johann @ Dec 27 2007, 03:59 PM) *
To this I'd like to add that during the 55 years since I started working for the Seventh-day Adventist church, in various capacities in several countries on three differennt world continents, I consider what was cooked up by Danny Shelton the most inhuman and unchristlike event I have experienced, even though I have seen demons at work in various places.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dona
post Dec 27 2007, 07:32 PM
Post #47

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,296

QUOTE(mystery- man @ Dec 27 2007, 12:26 AM) *
Dona, lets say for the sake of argument that 3Abn in scandal free and the like. Do you honestly believe in your heart of heart that Linda has not been railroaded out of town? Also are you telling me that God replaced Linda with another woman because it would uplift 3ABN and inspire the viewers to the all merciful and forgiving God? You dont see anything wrong with what has happen at 3ABN? Honestly I really want to know how you feel? Do you really believe that it is all Pickle and Gallions fault? Do you see that 3ABN has done anything wrong them or Danny or in your mind is it all Linda's fault?

No one is without fault in this world but according to facts and eye witness accounts that have been presented, I do not believe that Linda was railroaded in any way by anyone. Sad to say, she has and is reaping the consequences of her own choices in every area including her marriage, job, and church. Only persons of true Christian character would have given the many opportunities that she was given to save her from the consequences she is now suffering. I honestly do not see how anyone could have been more fair and loving to her in the marriage, job and church actions. I believe she was much loved and would not see or accept it, which was her right to do. But to go and tell it to others with her spin on it and cause them to take up her cause placed upon them consequences of their own wrong choices and another upon her.

Dona

+Quote Post
Richard Sherwin
post Dec 27 2007, 07:54 PM
Post #48

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Facts and eye witnesses? Who where what when? The facts and eyewitnesses that I've see tell just the opposite story. But if that what you want to believe.....

QUOTE(Dona @ Dec 27 2007, 08:32 PM) *
No one is without fault in this world but according to facts and eye witness accounts that have been presented, I do not believe that Linda was railroaded in any way by anyone. Sad to say, she has and is reaping the consequences of her own choices in every area including her marriage, job, and church. Only persons of true Christian character would have given the many opportunities that she was given to save her from the consequences she is now suffering. I honestly do not see how anyone could have been more fair and loving to her in the marriage, job and church actions. I believe she was much loved and would not see or accept it, which was her right to do. But to go and tell it to others with her spin on it and cause them to take up her cause placed upon them consequences of their own wrong choices and another upon her.

Dona

+Quote Post
Ian
post Dec 27 2007, 08:25 PM
Post #49

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,103

QUOTE(Richard Sherwin @ Dec 27 2007, 08:54 PM) *
Facts and eye witnesses? Who where what when? The facts and eyewitnesses that I've see tell just the opposite story. But if that what you want to believe.....

Richard, what eyewitnesses have you seen, and are you talking about here?

The letters between her (and to her) from her Pastor and the 3ABN board have all been posted here. Pastor Lomacang, and Dr Thompson and others were eyewitnesses.

Of all those, actually involved, no one from her church or ministry, or who was a real eyewitness, has testified on her behalf. Not a one.

You may have heard different from those she spoke to like Johann, or others posting here, but they heard it from her, or another who did They weren't eyewitnesses, they have just related what she told them... or they have spun and disregarded what the real eyewitnesses and those involved told them,(or another) based on her word alone, claiming all are liars except Linda....

That doesn't make sense to me.

Yes, it is what (and who) you choose to believe.

This post has been edited by Ian: Dec 27 2007, 09:02 PM

+Quote Post
Richard Sherwin
post Dec 27 2007, 09:06 PM
Post #50

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Depending on which situation you are talking about very few have come on here who where actually eyewitness to anything, one of those was Johann. It seems a little amusing that what you don't agree with you call spin, and yes there has been spin, on both sides. The truth of the matter is that if 3abn and Danny had had proofs, against anything they've been accused of and had made it public there would never been any thought of a lawsuit or even these threads. Mistakes and lies I'm sure have been told on both sides of the issue, but from what I've been able to see the most evidence has been presented by the critics. Although I wish all that the critics have posted were lies as I would rather be supporting 3abn than the critics. I've been a fan of 3abn for years, but when the evidence points to wrongdoing how can any Christian support what is going on?

QUOTE(Ian @ Dec 27 2007, 09:25 PM) *
Richard, what eyewitnesses are you talking about?

The letters between her (and to her) from her Pastor and the 3ABN board have all been posted here. Pastor Lomacang, Dr Thompson, etc, were eyewitnesses.

Of all those, no one involved or who were eyewitnesses has testified on her behalf. Not a one.

You may have heard different from those she spoke to like Johann, or friends of hers, but they heard it from her, they weren't witnesses, they have just related what she told them... or they have spun and disregarded what the eyewitnesses and those involved told them based on her word claiming all are liars except Linda....

Yes, it is what you choose to believe.

+Quote Post
Ian
post Dec 27 2007, 09:21 PM
Post #51

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Richard Sherwin @ Dec 27 2007, 10:06 PM) *
Depending on which situation you are talking about very few have come on here who where actually eyewitness to anything, one of those was Johann. It seems a little amusing that what you don't agree with you call spin, and yes there has been spin, on both sides. The truth of the matter is that if 3abn and Danny had had proofs, against anything they've been accused of and had made it public there would never been any thought of a lawsuit or even these threads. Mistakes and lies I'm sure have been told on both sides of the issue, but from what I've been able to see the most evidence has been presented by the critics. Although I wish all that the critics have posted were lies as I would rather be supporting 3abn than the critics. I've been a fan of 3abn for years, but when the evidence points to wrongdoing how can any Christian support what is going on?

Richard,

It is disturbing, but as far as Johann goes, I believe he thinks he is telling the truth, but the FACTS are he is not a eyewitness to much. He introduced her and the Doctor, he came here to the U.S. with the Doctor once and flew back without the Doctor leaving him and Linda here together. I believe he also once went to visit the Doctor while Linda was there.,.

Other then that, all his views are based on what he was told by email or phone.

Danny, Walt Thompson and others tried to reason with him, but he would accept nothing and his bias and inability to separate his feelings from his job and put the ministry first got him fired.

He lives in Europe, far from Linda, her Church and 3ABN, and not even close to the Doctor either.

ASK HIM. he is witness only to Linda's POV and his own based on hers, and what she told him, and still tells him.

That alone makes what he says relevant at all. As it provides a insight into her agenda and views.

This post has been edited by Ian: Dec 27 2007, 09:26 PM

+Quote Post
Johann
post Dec 27 2007, 09:22 PM
Post #52

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(Ian @ Dec 28 2007, 02:25 AM) *

The letters between her (and to her) from her Pastor and the 3ABN board have all been posted here. Pastor Lomacang, and Dr Thompson and others were eyewitnesses.

Of all those, actually involved, no one from her church or ministry, or who was a real eyewitness, has testified on her behalf. Not a one.

You may have heard different from those she spoke to like Johann, or others posting here, but they heard it from her, or another who did They weren't eyewitnesses, they have just related what she told them... or they have spun and disregarded what the real eyewitnesses and those involved told them,(or another) based on her word alone, claiming all are liars except Linda....

I chose not to believe Master Spinners like you, John Lomacang and Dr. Walt Thompson. All have proven to me, beyond the slightest doubt, that they are not telling the truth. All have looked at facts with a blind eye.

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Dec 27 2007, 09:29 PM
Post #53

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(Ian @ Dec 27 2007, 06:25 PM) *

Eyewitnesses? Eyewitnesses to what? They have been eyewitnesses to what Danny has said happened.

Ummmm, Johann was there. He was just as much an eyewitness as the others you have mentioned.

Johann was there. Of course he also heard the story from Linda, as well and Danny, just like the others you have invoked here.

Yep, we still have the old he-said-she-said scenerio. This was supposed to be settled by the facts of this lawsuit. Now, if this protective order is granted, will the facts ever be known? If not, it will always remain a situation where the evidence that is out there and those who are presenting it will have to be weighed to determine what and who is the most credible.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
Ian
post Dec 27 2007, 09:46 PM
Post #54

Advanced Member

QUOTE(PeacefulBe @ Dec 27 2007, 10:29 PM) *
Eyewitnesses? Eyewitnesses to what? They have been eyewitnesses to what Danny has said happened.
Ummmm, Johann was there. He was just as much an eyewitness as the others you have mentioned. Johann was there.

No he wasn't. Look at his reply. Or ask him about it, I don't believe he would lie on purpose.

Now, if this protective order is granted, will the facts ever be known? If not, it will always remain a situation where the evidence that is out there and those who are presenting it will have to be weighed to determine what and who is the most credible.

You have alot of replies and statements about the "protective order", or so it seems to me.(I"m playing catch-up here) but it does not appear you have actually read the court documents to know what it is about. Have you?
If not, that might be a good thing to do before continuing in this vein. smile.gif In my humble opinion you sometimes show common sense, but are sounding alot like Pickle on this issue....

This post has been edited by Ian: Dec 27 2007, 10:07 PM

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post Dec 27 2007, 09:52 PM
Post #55

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 522

QUOTE(Dona @ Dec 27 2007, 07:32 PM) *
Only persons of true Christian character would have given the many opportunities that she was given to save her from the consequences she is now suffering.
Dona

Linda Shelton is right where the Lord wants her.

+Quote Post
Johann
post Dec 27 2007, 09:56 PM
Post #56

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.

[quote name='PeacefulBe' date='Dec 28 2007, 03:29 AM' post='229910'

Yep, we still have the old he-said-she-said scenerio. This was supposed to be settled by the facts of this lawsuit. Now, if this protective order is granted, will the facts ever be known? If not, it will always remain a situation where the evidence that is out there and those who are presenting it will have to be weighed to determine what and who is the most credible.

[/quote]

*Meeting* Gailon Arthur Joy was an interesting experience to me. He was a great supporter of 3ABN and believed Danny was innocent. Had turned almost a million dollars over to 3ABN when he suddenly noticed the inconsistencies in Danny's utterances. So he started investigating where to find the truth. When I first talked to him he had seen it for himself, even though he had had no communication whatsoever with Linda. It seemed like Danny convinced him. . .

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

+Quote Post
Richard Sherwin
post Dec 27 2007, 10:03 PM
Post #57

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

And it's not just the Danny/Linda things, it's the IRS horses deal, the real estate deal, the planes, the IRS investigations, Tommy, fired board members, lawsuits, the attempt at inpoundment, hiding of royalties, taking tithes money, etc etc etc. The whole situation with Danny/3abn just smells somehow. There has been so much documentation by the critics that who can believe it's all lies. Any one of those things, even the divorce, while sinful yes, can be somehow put on the back burner but it's the pattern of lies and deceit that is disturbing, even all the defenders coming on here and hiding their identities, understandable and within the guidelines of this forum but still a little, well, sleazy. 3abn claims to want it out in the open but then they don't, it's just a pattern that comes across as being far less than the kind of ministry a Christian should be supporting at this time. There has been plenty of sleaze and spin on both sides, but the critics have not been trying to come across as the face of Adventism nor has anyone called Joy and Pickle anointed. The whole things just smells. Where is the transparency? Where is the forthrightness? Where is the openness we should expect of a ministry that is supported by the little old ladies giving their widows mite?

+Quote Post
Ian
post Dec 27 2007, 10:13 PM
Post #58

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Johann @ Dec 27 2007, 10:56 PM) *
Meeting* Gailon Arthur Joy was an interesting experience to me. He was a great supporter of 3ABN and believed Danny was innocent. Had turned almost a million dollars over to 3ABN when he suddenly...

yikes.gif
Excuse me, but do you have proof of this , Johann? If not, where did you get this from?

Thank you.

This post has been edited by Ian: Dec 27 2007, 10:18 PM

+Quote Post
Johann
post Dec 27 2007, 10:16 PM
Post #59

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Ian @ Dec 28 2007, 03:46 AM) *
No he wasn't. Look at his reply. Or ask him about it, I don't believe he would lie on purpose.

Aletheia once wondered how I could have been at so many different places. Now you indicate I was nowhere. Where is nowhere?

I was at 3ABN - and the whole thing started in the apartment where we were staying. Danny came to see us. Linda came to see us. Arild Abrahamsen came to see us. Danny's daughter, Melody, came to see us. Linda's son came to see us.

I met Linda in Norway on her first visit there. Later she came to visit us again in Norway. She was present at my wife's funeral in Norway.

Was I supposed to be blind on both eyes, and have no ears to hear what was going on?

I even heard at the beginning Danny claiming that people would believe him rather than Linda. He seems still to count on you doing that!

Now you tell me what Linda might have told me or anyone else that is not true. You claim that she is not telling the truth. What has she said that was not true?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Johann
post Dec 27 2007, 10:19 PM
Post #60

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Ian @ Dec 28 2007, 04:13 AM) *
yikes.gif
Excuse me, but do you have proof of this , Johann? If not, where did you get this from?

Thank you.

Do you mean that somebody put that money in his own pocket? Explain.

--------------------

+Quote Post

15 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 01:54 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church