Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=18900&st=0 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 11:49:17 AM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 3abn Adds New Board Member, Union President?
Pickle
post Jan 4 2008, 12:28 PM
Post #1

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,960

According to an FCC Ownership Report dated 10/8/2007, Max Trevino is a 3ABN Board member.

What does Max Trevino think of the various issues at 3ABN? What does he think of the lawsuit?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
justice4jesus
post Jan 4 2008, 12:44 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,268

QUOTE(Pickle @ Jan 4 2008, 12:28 PM) *
According to an FCC Ownership Report dated 10/8/2007, Max Trevino is a 3ABN Board member.

What does Max Trevino think of the various issues at 3ABN? What does he think of the lawsuit?

In order to get in, I think he pretty much has to think whatever Danny tells him to think. Seems to be the MO at 3ABN.

+Quote Post
Fran
post Jan 4 2008, 01:48 PM
Post #3

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 529

QUOTE(justice4jesus @ Jan 4 2008, 12:44 PM) *
In order to get in, I think he pretty much has to think whatever Danny tells him to think. Seems to be the MO at 3ABN.

Max Trevino is a good man. I believe Jim Gilley may have been the one to introduce him to the board. He was the Union Treasurer before he became President. He was President when the Union and Conference switched their software to Shelby. He went through the conversion and all that good stuff. I am praying 3ABN will start using it for 3ABN.

I am praying this will be a good thing. Max is a good man. I would not feel, at this time, that he would fall for Danny Shelton's claims, However, I have been wrong before! I just choose to give him a chance to help 3ABN recover their lack of adequate software for accountability. He is a very smart man.

--------------------
The greatest want of the world is the want of men-- men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall. {Ed 57.3}
But such a character is not the result of accident; it is not due to special favors or endowments of Providence. A noble character is the result of self-discipline, of the subjection of the lower to the higher nature--the surrender of self for the service of love to God and man. {Ed 57.4}

+Quote Post
Seraphim7
post Jan 4 2008, 02:12 PM
Post #4

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 6

Max Trevino is the only person who can actually answer any questions about what he thinks of the drama at 3abn.

We do have an "Interview" sub-forum. Someone can always ask him if he would like to answer some questions of concern. yes.gif All he can say is yes or no to the interview request. dunno.gif

--------------------
WELCOME to BlackSDA from seraph|m, a BSDA Charter member.
Please Join us in The Married Forum and/or Sabbath School Lesson Study forums.

Then, come join us here, Live Chat Lesson Study ,for our Friday night study @ 8pm CST/9pm EST. The lesson can be found at Sabbath School Network (SSNET)

Motto- "Weapons of Mass Distraction, Have No Place Here. " "Qui tacet consentire videtur,"
Are not official staff mottos and are not endorsed by BSDA Management.

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Jan 4 2008, 06:15 PM
Post #5

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Member No.: 712

This news hurts me. I know Max Trevino; and I don't think he would be involved in "mess"....

Dang.

sadwalk.gif

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*
PrincessDrRe; March, 2007

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~
PrincessDrRe; September, 2007

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post
jakann
post Jan 5 2008, 11:35 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 2,647

QUOTE(Pickle @ Jan 4 2008, 12:28 PM) *

Well, Max Trevino was the one who hired a private investigator to find out what really was going to with his president (Marvin Anderson) of Southwestern Adventist University and his purported being a victim of a robbery etc. End result: Anderson was fired.
Think we'll see Trevino do the same thing at 3ABN?

This post has been edited by jakann: Jan 5 2008, 11:39 PM

--------------------
And Samuel hacked Agag in pieces before the LORD. 1 Samuel 15:33

If it walks like a duck.......

+Quote Post
Fran
post Jan 6 2008, 01:06 AM
Post #7

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 529

QUOTE(jakann @ Jan 5 2008, 11:35 PM) *
Well, Max Trevino was the one who hired a private investigator to find out what really was going to with his president (Marvin Anderson) of Southwestern Adventist University and his purported being a victim of a robbery etc. End result: Anderson was fired.

I believe he will get the facts before he does anything.

--------------------
The greatest want of the world is the want of men-- men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall. {Ed 57.3}
But such a character is not the result of accident; it is not due to special favors or endowments of Providence. A noble character is the result of self-discipline, of the subjection of the lower to the higher nature--the surrender of self for the service of love to God and man. {Ed 57.4}

+Quote Post
appletree
post Jan 6 2008, 01:58 AM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,244

QUOTE(PrincessDrRe @ Jan 4 2008, 06:15 PM) *
This news hurts me. I know Max Trevino; and I don't think he would be involved in "mess"....

Dang.

sadwalk.gif

Then that should give you an excellent clue that the picture that Joy and Pickle have been painting is far from accurate. Think about it. Jim Gilley has an excellent reputation as does Doug B and the board members. Why would they all involve themselves in a "mess"? Think it over.

+Quote Post
appletree
post Jan 6 2008, 02:10 AM
Post #9

Advanced Member

QUOTE(justice4jesus @ Jan 4 2008, 12:44 PM) *

Seriously,

Don't you think it goes against logic that Danny Shelton tells successful, powerful businessmen such as Ellsworth McKee, Garwin Mcneilus, Stan Smith, Larry Romrail, Jim Gilley and how many others what to think? Really, that is ridiculous and your lists just keep growing. Doug B was a great guy until he wanted to merge with 3abn then you all were questioning him and his organization. Jim G was well liked and above board until he agreed to take the presidency. Garwin M has been one of the most well respected men in the SDA organization and Global mission field until all here realized he was continueing to support 3abn through all the controversy started by 3 people. Larry R's doctrinal beliefs were questioned because he became a board member. Dr. Walt who has been loved and respected by leaders of the church and people everywhere suddently became a liar and cover up king overnight. C'mon people...think...all these people being controlled by Danny Shelton is absoutely ludicrous and down deep you all know it.

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post Jan 6 2008, 02:28 AM
Post #10

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 522

QUOTE(appletree @ Jan 6 2008, 02:10 AM) *
Seriously,

Don't you think it goes against logic that Danny Shelton tells successful, powerful businessmen such as Ellsworth McKee, Garwin Mcneilus, Stan Smith, Larry Romrail, Jim Gilley and how many others what to think? Really, that is ridiculous and your lists just keep growing. Doug B was a great guy until he wanted to merge with 3abn then you all were questioning him and his organization. Jim G was well liked and above board until he agreed to take the presidency. Garwin M has been one of the most well respected men in the SDA organization and Global mission field until all here realized he was continueing to support 3abn through all the controversy started by 3 people. Larry R's doctrinal beliefs were questioned because he became a board member. Dr. Walt who has been loved and respected by leaders of the church and people everywhere suddently became a liar and cover up king overnight. C'mon people...think...all these people being controlled by Danny Shelton is absoutely ludicrous and down deep you all know it.

Seriously,

Oral Roberts University had an influential board of regents. And yet, here's where Oral Roberts University is at -- a major house cleaning.

According to your logic, Appletree, an Oral Roberts reform in leadership cannot be happening, and yet it is. How could that be, if we subscribe to your unflawed logic? Your listing of names impresses me as much as last year's telephone book.

http://chronicle.com/blogs/facevalue/index.php?id=1254

December 20, 2007
Oral Roberts U. Donor Proposes 'Power Sharing'
Mart Green, the Oral Roberts University donor who is withholding a $62-million gift until the university reforms its leadership, is asking officials to create a shared-governance model that includes faculty and staff members in decision-making.

This post has been edited by Panama_Pete: Jan 6 2008, 02:29 AM

+Quote Post
appletree
post Jan 6 2008, 02:37 AM
Post #11

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Panama_Pete @ Jan 6 2008, 02:28 AM) *
Seriously,

Oral Roberts University had an influential board of regents. And yet, here's where Oral Roberts University is at -- a major house cleaning.

According to your logic, Appletree, an Oral Roberts reform in leadership cannot be happening, and yet it is. How could that be, if we subscribe to your unflawed logic? Your listing of names impresses me as much as last year's telephone book.
http://chronicle.com/blogs/facevalue/index.php?id=1254

That's good since my objective was in no way to impress you or anyone else. My point is that you are giving these intelligent christian men no credit whatsoever for their ability to see wrong, to make their own decisions (not Danny's) and by accusing them of those very actions, cover ups and whatnot, you judge their christian and moral ethics. This is wrong no matter how you look at it. You are setting yourself up as judge and jury to these men's motives and actions when you know nothing about them. Even if you knew them all personally, it would still be wrong to judge them in this way and to tear down their characters with no proof to back it up.

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post Jan 6 2008, 03:45 AM
Post #12

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 522

QUOTE(appletree @ Jan 6 2008, 02:37 AM) *
That's good since my objective was in no way to impress you or anyone else. My point is that you are giving these intelligent christian men no credit whatsoever for their ability to see wrong, to make their own decisions (not Danny's) and by accusing them of those very actions, cover ups and whatnot, you judge their christian and moral ethics. This is wrong no matter how you look at it. You are setting yourself up as judge and jury to these men's motives and actions when you know nothing about them. Even if you knew them all personally, it would still be wrong to judge them in this way and to tear down their characters with no proof to back it up.

I know the many cardinals in Rome may represent the pope, but their presence doesn't make the pope infallible. It's impressive to see the procession at Saint Peter's on Easter Sunday, but seeing large numbers of intelligent, Christian businessmen in the cathedral doesn't sway me.

This post has been edited by Panama_Pete: Jan 6 2008, 03:49 AM

+Quote Post
Observer
post Jan 6 2008, 06:46 AM
Post #13

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,664

QUOTE(Pickle @ Jan 4 2008, 11:28 AM) *

FYI: Max Trevino is the President of the Southwestern Union Conference. This Conference covers AK, LA part of New Mexico, OK and Texas. His office is located in Burleson, Texas.

--------------------
Gregory Matthews posts here under the name "Observer."

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Jan 6 2008, 10:34 AM
Post #14

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 15

QUOTE(appletree @ Jan 6 2008, 03:10 AM) *
C'mon people...think...all these people being controlled by Danny Shelton is absoutely ludicrous and down deep you all know it.

Then why are you here? You remind me of the so-called atheists who spend hours and hours in internet forae arguing against a God they claim belief in is ludicrous... you don't see people who don't truly don't believe in Santa Claus or the Easter Bunny or leprechauns arguing vehemently and at length against them...because when we know something is truly ludicrous it's not even a consideration to argue against it. Like them you fail to realize, if you truly believed what you say here, you wouldn't be here working so hard to convince others... and you fail to realize your feeling the need to fight against what you are calling ludicrous is a strong argument that it's not at all ludicrous... despite the increasing volume and level of rancor in your responses.

Calling yourself defending DS and 3ABN, you are actually the one most responsible for giving the allegations legs... because one need not send out the spin minions to address that which is truly 'ludicrous'.

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Jan 6 2008, 11:04 AM
Post #15

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Member No.: 712

QUOTE(jakann @ Jan 6 2008, 12:35 AM) *

Anderson was not fired. Anderson stepped down himself. Trevino did hire a private investigator; but found out nothing different from what news reporters had already reported (which turned out to be true - he was robbed; police report exists-no charges of filing a false police report made). SWAU alumni over here; Class of '00. Friend of Anderson's; knows Trevino (in passing) and knows the whole story. BTW: do you know the school is now running in debt since he left. Independent auditors went over the SWAU books twice (one hired by Anderson; one hired by Union/School) and found no "wrongdoing/mistakes" in books....
QUOTE(appletree @ Jan 6 2008, 02:58 AM) *
Then that should give you an excellent clue that the picture that Joy and Pickle have been painting is far from accurate. Think about it. Jim Gilley has an excellent reputation as does Doug B and the board members. Why would they all involve themselves in a "mess"? Think it over.

Just because I know Trevino; does not mean that he couldn't get "sucked into mess" just like many other well known folks. I know him. I know his character - but I also know Danny Shelton is a strong manipulator. I know this from watchin' part of his commentary on Campus at Andrews University (I could only stomach a few minutes at someone's home then turned the channel). I also know that folks ain't falling for the marlarky as much as they did in the past from the empty seats in PMC when he did his "sideshow" up here at Andrews.

I hope Trevino digs deep and finds the root cause of the mess. If Trevino finds out the mess he will out the mess.

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*
PrincessDrRe; March, 2007

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~
PrincessDrRe; September, 2007

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 10:49 AM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church