Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=18900&st=15 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 02:32:39 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 3abn Adds New Board Member, Union President?
PrincessDrRe
post Jan 6 2008, 11:13 AM
Post #16

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 712

QUOTE(awesumtenor @ Jan 6 2008, 11:34 AM) *
Then why are you here? You remind me of the so-called atheists who spend hours and hours in internet forae arguing against a God they claim belief in is ludicrous... you don't see people who don't truly don't believe in Santa Claus or the Easter Bunny or leprechauns arguing vehemently and at length against them...because when we know something is truly ludicrous it's not even a consideration to argue against it. Like them you fail to realize, if you truly believed what you say here, you wouldn't be here working so hard to convince others... and you fail to realize your feeling the need to fight against what you are calling ludicrous is a strong argument that it's not at all ludicrous... despite the increasing volume and level of rancor in your responses.

Calling yourself defending DS and 3ABN, you are actually the one most responsible for giving the allegations legs... because one need not send out the spin minions to address that which is truly 'ludicrous'.

Excellent Post Bro J!!! Excellent post.

I remember being a child and being blamed for something I know I didn't do. My Mamma hollered at me and asked me for a response. I told her, "You'll find out I didn't do it. You'll be sorry! You'll see!" ...and that was it. Nothing else was said by me.

Later, my Daddy came home and said that he was the actual guilty party.

Moral: Whenever you know you are not in the wrong - you don't have to keep hollering about it. It will come out in the wash. You state your piece of defense, you only have to state it once, and you move on. This mess....MESS IS IN COURT! If it truly is "mess" and Danny Shelton and the Funky Bunch has done no wrong - it will come out in the wash. People will have to say they are truly sorry (if they are truly men/women) and move on. If it comes out in the wash that dirt was done vice-versa; apologies will have to be stated (if they are truly men/women) and move on.

No one has to spin, doctor, or defend - a cause/person that it truly not guilty. Particularly with COURT GOING ON over the exact topic. Court will bring it out good or bad. I said it before and I will say it again:

Support the man all the way to the guilty verdict. Still stay behind him and take it.

Support the man all the way to the innocent verdict. Still stay behind him and take it.

That's the jist of it all. It just seems pecuilar that one needs to "defend" the Easter Bunny when we all know (by evidence) that the Easter Bunny is not real/is fake/imaginary/a farce. If I knew I was telling the truth, If I knew I was in the right, If I knew I had nothing to hide I would welcome all discovery, lay open my hand, show all documents, take it to court, and shut up until the verdict in my favor was read. I'm done for now....

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*
PrincessDrRe; March, 2007

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~
PrincessDrRe; September, 2007

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
justice4jesus
post Jan 6 2008, 11:18 AM
Post #17

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,268

QUOTE(appletree @ Jan 6 2008, 02:10 AM) *
Seriously,

Don't you think it goes against logic that Danny Shelton tells successful, powerful businessmen such as Ellsworth McKee, Garwin Mcneilus, Stan Smith, Larry Romrail, Jim Gilley and how many others what to think? Really, that is ridiculous and your lists just keep growing. Doug B was a great guy until he wanted to merge with 3abn then you all were questioning him and his organization. Jim G was well liked and above board until he agreed to take the presidency. Garwin M has been one of the most well respected men in the SDA organization and Global mission field until all here realized he was continueing to support 3abn through all the controversy started by 3 people. Larry R's doctrinal beliefs were questioned because he became a board member. Dr. Walt who has been loved and respected by leaders of the church and people everywhere suddently became a liar and cover up king overnight. C'mon people...think...all these people being controlled by Danny Shelton is absoutely ludicrous and down deep you all know it.

You're a victim yourself, Appletree, but you've been programmed so well to ignore it that you don't even see it anymore. Do yourself a favor and start doing your own thinking.

+Quote Post
Ozzie
post Jan 6 2008, 04:06 PM
Post #18

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,395

QUOTE(justice4jesus @ Jan 7 2008, 04:18 AM) *
You're a victim yourself, Appletree, but you've been programmed so well to ignore it that you don't even see it anymore. Do yourself a favor and start doing your own thinking.

clap.gif thumbsup.gif

--------------------
"It's important that people know what you stand for. It's equally important that they know what you won't stand for."
~ Mary Waldrop.

+Quote Post
appletree
post Jan 6 2008, 04:47 PM
Post #19

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,244

QUOTE(awesumtenor @ Jan 6 2008, 10:34 AM) *
Then why are you here? You remind me of the so-called atheists who spend hours and hours in internet forae arguing against a God they claim belief in is ludicrous... you don't see people who don't truly don't believe in Santa Claus or the Easter Bunny or leprechauns arguing vehemently and at length against them...because when we know something is truly ludicrous it's not even a consideration to argue against it. Like them you fail to realize, if you truly believed what you say here, you wouldn't be here working so hard to convince others... and you fail to realize your feeling the need to fight against what you are calling ludicrous is a strong argument that it's not at all ludicrous... despite the increasing volume and level of rancor in your responses.

Calling yourself defending DS and 3ABN, you are actually the one most responsible for giving the allegations legs... because one need not send out the spin minions to address that which is truly 'ludicrous'.

In His service,
Mr. J

How disrespectful of you to again, refer, to "send out the spin minions" when I have just posted the error of such. Another insinuation that Danny is sending anyone when I have stated that is an actual lie. I can give my word on that as a christian.

So you are saying that you have never argued for something that you felt was 100% right? That if it's right it just speaks for itself? That is nothing but a generalized generic post that could or could not apply to any given situation. I believe the ministry of 3abn was speaking for itself until a certain few came along to spread lies and rumor and speculation. It is my nature as it is most people's to defend untrue accusations whether it is against friends, family, or a place of employment. When one is in a position to know the facts and you see the opposite being spread, of course, most are going to jump in and try to straighten things out. That is why I am here. Is it possible that you have never been in a position to defend something or someone that you know is being falsey accused???? Oh, well, come to think of it, maybe you don't understand.

+Quote Post
appletree
post Jan 6 2008, 04:54 PM
Post #20

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,244

QUOTE(justice4jesus @ Jan 6 2008, 11:18 AM) *

According to that observation and statement then you are a victim of the Pickle/Joy/Linda team. Please try to apply your thinking across the board.

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Jan 6 2008, 05:21 PM
Post #21

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 15

QUOTE(appletree @ Jan 6 2008, 05:47 PM) *
How disrespectful of you to again, refer, to "send out the spin minions" when I have just posted the error of such. Another insinuation that Danny is sending anyone when I have stated that is an actual lie. I can give my word on that as a christian.

How silly of you to continue to presume that because you choose to infer something from what I said that I am obligated to have implied it. You are here solely for the purposes of spin, that much is not debateable... and if you volunteered for such you have sent yourself... but you are still sent. You mentioned Danny's having sent you without my having stated or implied such. Do you think you could come up with another tactic for trying to get people in trouble with forum admins? This faux indignation is worn so thin it's transparent.

So you are saying that you have never argued for something that you felt was 100% right? That if it's right it just speaks for itself?

You have confused me with Re. Can we chalk this up to the presumption that "we all look alike"?

I believe the ministry of 3abn was speaking for itself until a certain few came along to spread lies and rumor and speculation.

Led by one Danny Lee Shelton who began spreading rumor and innuendo about his soon to be ex-wife while at the same time claiming that he was trying to save his marriage. You and others keep trying to foist this revisionist history on us claiming that it is the supporters and defenders of Linda who started all of this. THAT IS A BALD-FACED LIE. Danny et al... including you and others who post in this forum... have taken it upon yourselves to disparage and malign Linda from the outset... even when she was obligated to not defend herself. It was the continued disparagement of her under those circumstances that led some to speak out about Danny and his band of merry miscreants.

Danny came here and lied about his desire and intent to restore his marriage to Linda. He went to myriad churches, courtesy of the On the road with 3ABNs dog and pony show and ranted and railed against her and called it preaching... and did this long before the overwhelming majority of the members of this forum had any idea either Gailon Joy or Bob Pickle even existed. You and others persist in perpetuating the revisionist lies that disregard not only what he has come here and said unsolicited... but also disregards what his supporters collectively have claimed in prior threads in this forum.

It is my nature as it is most people's to defend untrue accusations whether it is against friends, family, or a place of employment. When one is in a position to know the facts and you see the opposite being spread, of course, most are going to jump in and try to straighten things out. That is why I am here.

Except, of course, when it is your friends, family and/or place of employment that are putting forth the untrue accusations and are spreading the opposite in spite of the the facts. Then they lie and you'll swear to it and no matter how transparent the lie, that's your story and you're sticking to it. And since you brought up disrespectful... it's disrespectful of you in the extreme to come in here with this foolishness and expecting us to believe it as if we're Boo-boo the fool.

Is it possible that you have never been in a position to defend something or someone that you know is being falsey accused???? Oh, well, come to think of it, maybe you don't understand.

Put the cuckoo back in the clock, appletree; you're bordering on delusional. In the real world you're supposed to inhabit, the only thing I don't understand is how it's possible you think everybody is from Thompsonville and used to drinking the DS/3ABN Kool-Aid...

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Jan 6 2008, 05:58 PM
Post #22

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

Boo-boo the Fool! LOL!1 I aain't heard that one in a while! rofl1.gif roflmao.gif

Uh Appletree, perhaps you have missed the latest thread here . All those people you have mentioned were well respected because their reputations, words and deeds dictated such. However, when they crawled into bed with the dogs, then it changes. They have been buying and coniving themselves behind the scenes of this church for years on end. Most repsected them becuase of the false front they put forth to the public. Jim Gilley, I did not even know until his name as borught up to be the new president of 3ABN, but he is suspect because he accepted that job on Danny's terms. Some are taking the wait and see attitude, but truly we have already seen. If Pastor Gilley ws really interestedin doing right, he would not take this job as he has without stating that he would make the necessary changes. Which, if he had, he would not have been chosen,. Danny has absolutely no intention of making any of these wrongs right. If Pastor Gilley is not going to, first by acknowledging that there are problems, real problems that do not stem from the lies of others, but which spurned the outcry of a couragous number, then he is not interested either. He didnt't need to lie to Danny and take to job to put a new face ont hat severely broken vessel, to staighten things out. He doesn't have to use the devil's tools to do the Lord's work.(Thanks once again Kevin!)

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
GRAT
post Jan 6 2008, 09:29 PM
Post #23

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,305

Post #9 Appletree mentions Doug B in the list. I was thinking about the crawling in bed with dogs when I read it and how it seems that Doug B laid down and got fleas and was smart enough to leave. I guess the itching and scratching hasn't bothered anyone else yet. dunno.gif

+Quote Post
justice4jesus
post Jan 6 2008, 10:58 PM
Post #24

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,268

QUOTE(appletree @ Jan 6 2008, 04:54 PM) *
According to that observation and statement then you are a victim of the Pickle/Joy/Linda team. Please try to apply your thinking across the board.

I have held my current opinion of Danny Shelton since long before I had even heard of Bob or Gailon, and even before Danny and Linda divorced. None of these three has any control over my viewpoint, and they're not trying to control it.

Interesting to me that you made no declaration that I was wrong in what I said. In any case, I am not trying to insult you. I'm just encouraging you to be open-minded to both sides of the issue. I feel that I have done this myself, and I pride myself in being able to form my own opinion.

This post has been edited by justice4jesus: Jan 6 2008, 11:00 PM

+Quote Post
fallible humanbe...
post Jan 7 2008, 12:39 AM
Post #25

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,058

QUOTE(awesumtenor @ Jan 6 2008, 07:21 PM) *
Danny came here and lied about his desire and intent to restore his marriage to Linda.
Mr. J

Mr. J,

Upon what solid, factual evidence, that can be pointed for the rest of us, do you base this accusation? Is your claim based on solid, verifiable evidence that is readily available to all, or is it an intuitive response? I have heard this comment from more than just yourself, but it seems to me that it is nigh unto impossible to substantiate it in any way, shape, or form that would stand the test of third party evaluation. If Mr. Shelton came here and said he didn't want a divorce, how can you prove that wasn't true? To point to a time line and say that that is indicative seems rather weak as the former Mrs. Shelton could have just as well pushed the divorce through, of course she will argue she didn't (how do we know if she would be telling the truth?) . . . we do not know what happened behind closed doors - with the exception of he said/she said, which is a most unreliable way to come to a conclusion.

Your statement suggests you can read minds or intent . . . I am not sure what to make of that since I know you would never claim to be clairvoyant . . . how do you >KNOW< what his intent was, >KNOW< what his desire was . . . you only have the public events, a divorce, an eventual remarriage as a means to support your position. However, in using those two rather unsubstantial and weak points you leave yourself in a tenuous position since you can't really claim to know what Mr. Shelton's intent or desire were at the time he engaged in a conversation and answered questions here - not to mention you are accepting, seemingly without question, anything the former Mrs. Shelton says, (and I must admit I wasn't here for the conversation you cite so I don't know how the flow of Q & A took place, but I feel certain my point still holds true).

QUOTE(awesumtenor @ Jan 6 2008, 07:21 PM) *
You and others persist in perpetuating the revisionist lies . . .
Mr. J

Mr. Pickle and Mr. Joy (though he is very good at keeping his name from being directly attached to it) have spent an inordinate amount of time knitting together emails, conversations, and phone calls in a way that allows them to blanket people with a misleading, inaccurate, and at times downright dishonest view of 3ABN, its history, and individuals supportive of 3ABN. On numerous occasions it has been effectively pointed out how Mr. Pickle has taken emails, edited them, and then tried to interpret them based on his ham-handed editing (can I say ham-handed on an SDA site?). He has attributed words to individuals time and again that they did not say and tried to couch them in "phaseology" that might allow him to try and claim, "I didn't say that." when in reality when the sentences are dissected that is exactly what he said. So, the accusation of "revisionist" seems to be one, that if you are correct and we are revising history (and I assure we are not, though I know that falls on deaf ears) then the same is true of Mr. Pickle and Mr. Joy.

As for the drinking of Kool-aid . . . the Pickle/Joy version is a rather deadly blend of 1 smidgen of truth, 3 gallons of untruth, mixed carefully in a vat of deception, anger, and pride.

- FHB

This post has been edited by fallible humanbeing: Jan 7 2008, 12:56 AM

--------------------
But beware. Anger, fear, aggression. The dark side are they. Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny. - Yoda

If you would convince a man that he does wrong, do right. But do not care to convince him. Men will believe what they see. Let them see. - Henry David Thoreau

May those who love us love us. And those who don’t love us– may God turn their hearts. And if He cannot turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, so that we may know them by their limping. - Keeping Faith

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Jan 7 2008, 05:51 AM
Post #26

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 15

QUOTE(fallible humanbeing @ Jan 7 2008, 01:39 AM) *
As for the drinking of Kool-aid . . . the Pickle/Joy version is a rather deadly blend of 1 smidgen of truth, 3 gallons of untruth, mixed carefully in a vat of deception, anger, and pride.

- FHB

The saddest part of all of this is how you and appletree and others in your camp continue to make statements like this while maintaining the myopia in the extreme that prevents you from seeing the inherent hypocrisy in your making them...

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Jan 7 2008, 07:29 AM
Post #27

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,960

QUOTE(fallible humanbeing @ Jan 7 2008, 12:39 AM) *

Okay, so you are saying that what I have said and written is more than 99.9% false. Could you please start demonstrating how that is so? Mere assertions don't cut it, especially when there is a defamation lawsuit going on.

+Quote Post
Ian
post Jan 7 2008, 09:58 AM
Post #28

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,103

QUOTE(Pickle @ Jan 7 2008, 08:29 AM) *
Okay, so you are saying that what I have said and written is more than 99.9% false. Could you please start demonstrating how that is so?

How about when you said "It's not my site"?

I didn't stutter or spin that, did I?

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Jan 7 2008, 11:02 AM
Post #29

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,960

I didn't sputter or spin that either, did I?

+Quote Post
Ian
post Jan 7 2008, 07:28 PM
Post #30

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,103

QUOTE(Pickle @ Jan 7 2008, 12:02 PM) *
I didn't sputter or spin that either, did I?

No. Fair enough, so save3abn isn't your site.

It's possible I owe you a public apology here...

I thought Joy owned it and you were webmaster, but then someone posted a email from him as webmaster announcing that it was openned back up for 48 hrs, so based on all I've read i thought you might be the owner.

But I guess if it's not your site, it's Joy's site, and he's the webmaster too?

Or am I still wrong?

This post has been edited by Ian: Jan 7 2008, 07:55 PM

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 01:32 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church