Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=18985&st=0 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 11:49:51 AM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

8 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Coming Out!
YogusBearus
post Jan 7 2008, 05:28 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,905

In light of the current activity, I've decided that it's time for me to come out as it were. I just can't continue the subterfuge of hiding behind my screen name any longer. I think it's time to end the speculation and invite others to join me in this liberation. I would prefer that we not use my last name but you may call me Mollie if you must.

There, I feel so much better…

-bear (a/k/a mollie)

This post has been edited by YogusBearus: Jan 7 2008, 06:03 PM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
lurker
post Jan 7 2008, 05:47 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 676

Hi Mollie, I always pictured Yogi Bear in my mind. Now I get a totally different picture. I so wish I could do the same thing but my husband doesn't want me to do it. Wish I had picked a better pen name though. I always did like your yougbearus name. It seemed friendly and carefree.

Your profile says male though and Mollie doesn't sound like a man's name.

This post has been edited by lurker: Jan 7 2008, 05:51 PM

+Quote Post
Johann
post Jan 7 2008, 05:52 PM
Post #3

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(YogusBearus @ Jan 7 2008, 11:28 PM) *
In light of the current activity, I've decided that it's time for me to come out as it were. I just can't continue the subterfuge of hiding behind my screen name any longer. I think it's time to end the speculation and invite others to join me in this liberation. I would prefer that we not use my last name but you may call me Mollie if you must.

Glad to meet you, Mollie. I know there are others who are contemplating getting out of their screen names, but the time has not arrived yet. It is good to see your courage. May God bless you and give you added strength to be yourself.

Johann - my real name.

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

+Quote Post
Ian
post Jan 7 2008, 06:21 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,103

QUOTE(YogusBearus @ Jan 7 2008, 06:28 PM) *

-bear (a/k/a mollie)

Ok, Mollie. thumbup1.gif I prefer not to use my last name either, You can call me "little ripple in the sea" rofl1.gif

This post has been edited by Ian: Jan 7 2008, 06:28 PM

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Jan 7 2008, 06:22 PM
Post #5

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(YogusBearus @ Jan 7 2008, 03:28 PM) *

-bear (a/k/a mollie)

Mollie, you are an inspiration and I simply have to follow suite.

You may call me Garwin or my nickname, Pops Cornbread, if you prefer. Now you must realize why I have guarded my own identity so closely.

Yes, Mollie, it is a cleansing feeling! Bless you for your courage in taking that first step. No more secrets!!!!

Lurker, be strong. You can do it....

PB (aka Garwin)

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Jan 7 2008, 06:25 PM
Post #6

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Ian @ Jan 7 2008, 04:21 PM) *
LOL. Ok, Mollie. I prefer not to use my last name either, You can call me "little ripple in the sea"

Hmmmm, I remember Ripple from the old days. A tall green bottle, right? Was quite familiar with you for a time. Glad to get reacquainted!

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
YogusBearus
post Jan 7 2008, 06:26 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

QUOTE(lurker @ Jan 7 2008, 05:47 PM) *
Hi Mollie, I always pictured Yogi Bear in my mind. Now I get a totally different picture. I so wish I could do the same thing but my husband doesn't want me to do it. Wish I had picked a better pen name though. I always did like your yougbearus name. It seemed friendly and carefree.

Your profile says male though and Mollie doesn't sound like a man's name.

Hey Lurker,

Sorry for the confusion. I really do prefer Yogi or YB. I just wanted to clear the decks and am happy to move on.

I didn't really intend to mislead with the "male" thing on my profile. I got confused when it wouldn't allow me to enter Sundays...

-bear

--------------------

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Jan 7 2008, 06:29 PM
Post #8

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

Y'all crazy!!! LOL!! YB, Mollie just doens't suit you at all! Mind if I keep calling you YB?

Hey Lurker,

Sorry for the confusion. I really do prefer Yogi or YB. I just wanted to clear the decks and am happy to move on.

I didn't really intend to mislead with the "male" thing on my profile. I got confused when it wouldn't allow me to enter Sundays...

-bear

YB, you are just priceless!!! roflmao.gif

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Jan 7 2008, 06:32 PM
Post #9

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 712

I pictured a 'narled up old man....

What do you know?

giggle.gif

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*
PrincessDrRe; March, 2007

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~
PrincessDrRe; September, 2007

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post
YogusBearus
post Jan 7 2008, 06:33 PM
Post #10

Advanced Member

QUOTE(PrincessDrRe @ Jan 7 2008, 06:32 PM) *
I pictured a 'narled up old man....

What do you know?

giggle.gif

HEY!

--------------------

+Quote Post
YogusBearus
post Jan 7 2008, 06:35 PM
Post #11

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Ian @ Jan 7 2008, 06:21 PM) *
Ok, Mollie. thumbup1.gif I prefer not to use my last name either, You can call me "little ripple in the sea" rofl1.gif

Greetings rip. Glad you were able to let it all hang out.

-bear

--------------------

+Quote Post
YogusBearus
post Jan 7 2008, 06:37 PM
Post #12

Advanced Member

QUOTE(princessdi @ Jan 7 2008, 06:29 PM) *
Y'all crazy!!! LOL!! YB, Mollie just doens't suit you at all! Mind if I keep calling you YB?

Yes Di, YB works just fine. It's certainly better than what you have been calling me lately.

-bear

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ian
post Jan 7 2008, 06:41 PM
Post #13

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,103

QUOTE(PeacefulBe @ Jan 7 2008, 07:25 PM) *
Hmmmm, I remember Ripple from the old days. A tall green bottle, right? Was quite familiar with you for a time. Glad to get reacquainted!

Hey "G" hug.gif

I vaguely remember those days too, rippled down all nasty (gag) and ended with a tidal wave and crash.
It's good to move on...

This post has been edited by Ian: Jan 7 2008, 06:52 PM

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Jan 7 2008, 06:57 PM
Post #14

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Ian @ Jan 7 2008, 04:41 PM) *
Hey "G" hug.gif

I vaguely remember those days too, rippled down all nasty (gag) and ended with a tidal wave and crash.
It's good to move on...

Never did ripple all the way to tsunami.... but close. Thanks for the hug! Fortunately, Mrs. "G" wasn't watching.

--------------------
Got Peace?

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Jan 7 2008, 08:25 PM
Post #15

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

giggle.gif

QUOTE(YogusBearus @ Jan 7 2008, 04:37 PM) *
Yes Di, YB works just fine. It's certainly better than what you have been calling me lately.

-bear

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post

8 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 10:49 AM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church