Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=18985&st=15 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 02:53:22 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

8 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Coming Out!
Ian
post Jan 7 2008, 08:51 PM
Post #16

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,103

QUOTE(PeacefulBe @ Jan 7 2008, 07:57 PM) *
Never did ripple all the way to tsunami.... but close. Thanks for the hug! Fortunately, Mrs. "G" wasn't watching.

Seriously? NO problem. shake2.gif

I always enjoy the timeouts.

and I'm always hoping more will join us....

snack.gif

This post has been edited by Ian: Jan 7 2008, 08:54 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Noahswife
post Jan 7 2008, 08:53 PM
Post #17

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,683

QUOTE(lurker @ Jan 7 2008, 06:47 PM) *
Your profile says male though and Mollie doesn't sound like a man's name.

Lurker.

Some of us have discovered through personal experience that there is evidence of gender dysphoria in some who register at BSDA. Although I was personally quite surprised that YB is now Mollie, I suppose we will have to pay closer attention in LC.

nw

--------------------
“I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.” C.S. Lewis

"To love means loving the unlovable. To forgive means pardoning the unpardonable. Faith means believing the unbelievable. Hope means hoping when everything seems hopeless." G. K. Chesterton

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Jan 7 2008, 08:58 PM
Post #18

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

Ok?!!!! rofl1.gif
QUOTE(Noahswife @ Jan 7 2008, 06:53 PM) *
Lurker.

Some of us have discovered through personal experience that there is evidence of gender dysphoria in some who register at BSDA. Although I was personally quite surprised that YB is now Mollie, I suppose we will have to pay closer attention in LC.

nw

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
Ian
post Jan 7 2008, 09:00 PM
Post #19

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Noahswife @ Jan 7 2008, 09:53 PM) *
Lurker.

nw

All because he got confused by not being able to enter "sundays'?

Never been there , now I am afraid to go there...

This post has been edited by Ian: Jan 7 2008, 09:03 PM

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Jan 7 2008, 09:04 PM
Post #20

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 47

Ian, don't be skurred, we don't bite........

QUOTE(Ian @ Jan 7 2008, 07:00 PM) *
All because he got confused by not being able to enter "sundays'?

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Jan 7 2008, 09:05 PM
Post #21

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(Ian @ Jan 7 2008, 07:00 PM) *
Nice...

Ripple, don't be afraid. LC is a great place to socialize and if you take a couple friends along (like "G" and Mollie) you should do just fine. We can show you the ropes and watch your back all at the same time!

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
YogusBearus
post Jan 7 2008, 09:10 PM
Post #22

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,905

QUOTE(PeacefulBe @ Jan 7 2008, 09:05 PM) *
Ripple, don't be afraid. LC is a great place to socialize and if you take a couple friends along (like "G" and Mollie) you should do just fine. We can show you the ropes and watch your back all at the same time!

Just to set the record straight, Mollie won't be doing any stuff with those ropes.

-bear

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ian
post Jan 7 2008, 09:13 PM
Post #23

Advanced Member

Thanks gurls gurl and "G" . I feel better already.

+Quote Post
Ian
post Jan 7 2008, 09:15 PM
Post #24

Advanced Member

QUOTE(YogusBearus @ Jan 7 2008, 10:10 PM) *
Just to set the record straight, Mollie won't be doing any stuff with those ropes.

-bear

That's kewl, just as long as you know "G" said you're supposed to have my back... ohmy.gif

but I don't want you to all feel too uncomfortable, as we must press on

So, (groan) c a r r y - o n - w i t h o u t - m e .......

This post has been edited by Ian: Jan 7 2008, 09:39 PM

+Quote Post
Johann
post Jan 7 2008, 09:16 PM
Post #25

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(Ian @ Jan 8 2008, 03:13 AM) *
Thanks gurls gurl and "G" . I feel better already.

ANd you even look a lot better!

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Jan 7 2008, 09:22 PM
Post #26

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(YogusBearus @ Jan 7 2008, 07:10 PM) *

-bear

Oops, Molliebear, sorry for the slip about the ropes. Won't bring it up again. Forgot that was still hush-hush...

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
Clay
post Jan 7 2008, 09:40 PM
Post #27

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 4

well in the spirit of honesty... my name is Bruce Banner.... and ummmm you don't wanna make me mad.....

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Jan 7 2008, 09:53 PM
Post #28

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,960

Bruce, could you do me a favor? Could you go down to Thompsonville and talk to this guy named Danny? He's been picking on people, and I thought maybe you could convince him to stop doing that.

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Jan 7 2008, 10:19 PM
Post #29

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Clay @ Jan 7 2008, 07:40 PM) *
well in the spirit of honesty... my name is Bruce Banner.... and ummmm you don't wanna make me mad.....

Bruce, you've been working out man! Not to get you mad or anything, but you've got a little somethin somethin on your nose...

--------------------
Got Peace?

+Quote Post
Observer
post Jan 8 2008, 06:42 AM
Post #30

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,664

QUOTE(YogusBearus @ Jan 7 2008, 04:28 PM) *
In light of the current activity, I've decided that it's time for me to come out as it were. I just can't continue the subterfuge of hiding behind my screen name any longer. I think it's time to end the speculation and invite others to join me in this liberation. I would prefer that we not use my last name but you may call me Mollie if you must.

There, I feel so much better…

-bear (a/k/a mollie)

Outstanding.

I have not had a problem with people using pen names. I happen to think that there are valid reasons for doing so. In fact, when I first came here I used the name Observer, and did not reveal that my true name was Gregory Matthews. I think that this has to be an individual choice, and I do not criticize those who do not reveal who they are. However revealing one'e true name adds to credibility.

Case in point: One I decided that I probably knew who Appletree might be, I have placed more value in what Appletree posts.

NOTE: Calvin I am not fishing in regard to the identity of Appletree.

Mollie, if you are truely going to "come out," I will make a suggestion. It might be well for you to give us your last name. Just about all of us are going to assume that you are a very specific Mollie. It is sorta like if I were talking to someone about a high elected official in the U.S., and said: "George said. . . ..," most people would assume that I meant President George Bush.

In the same sense, most of us will assume that you are a very specific Mollie. But, it is (remotely perhaps) possible that there is more than one person in the world named Mollie, and that another Mollie might be posting on BSDA. By stating your last name, even though it is likely the person we think it is, it will prevent us from wrongly attributing what you say to someone else, if that is true.

NOTE: My comments while directed to Mollie, are also directed to others who might use this thread to "come out."

e.g. I beleive that there is more than one "Garwin" associated with 3-ABN. So, it might be helpful to know which Garwin it is who also has come out.

Again, I am wanting to make a suggestion to a couple of people who have demonstrated a willingness to reveal to this public who they are. My suggsting is that it might prevent some confusion if they were more specific. IF they chose not to be, I accept that, and do not criticize them for doing so. I am not attempting to "out" them beyond what they are willing to do themself.

--------------------
Gregory Matthews posts here under the name "Observer."

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 01:53 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church