Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=18985&st=30 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 02:53:24 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

8 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Coming Out!
YogusBearus
post Jan 8 2008, 07:09 AM
Post #31

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,905

QUOTE(Observer @ Jan 8 2008, 06:42 AM) *
Outstanding.

I have not had a problem with people using pen names. I happen to think that there are valid reasons for doing so. In fact, when I first came here I used the name Observer, and did not reveal that my true name was Gregory Matthews. I think that this has to be an individual choice, and I do not criticize those who do not reveal who they are. However revealing one'e true name adds to credibility.

Case in point: One I decided that I probably knew who Appletree might be, I have placed more value in what Appletree posts.

NOTE: Calvin I am not fishing in regard to the identity of Appletree.

Mollie, if you are truely going to "come out," I will make a suggestion. It might be well for you to give us your last name. Just about all of us are going to assume that you are a very specific Mollie. It is sorta like if I were talking to someone about a high elected official in the U.S., and said: "George said. . . ..," most people would assume that I meant President George Bush.

In the same sense, most of us will assume that you are a very specific Mollie. But, it is (remotely perhaps) possible that there is more than one person in the world named Mollie, and that another Mollie might be posting on BSDA. By stating your last name, even though it is likely the person we think it is, it will prevent us from wrongly attributing what you say to someone else, if that is true.

NOTE: My comments while directed to Mollie, are also directed to others who might use this thread to "come out."

e.g. I beleive that there is more than one "Garwin" associated with 3-ABN. So, it might be helpful to know which Garwin it is who also has come out.

Again, I am wanting to make a suggestion to a couple of people who have demonstrated a willingness to reveal to this public who they are. My suggsting is that it might prevent some confusion if they were more specific. IF they chose not to be, I accept that, and do not criticize them for doing so. I am not attempting to "out" them beyond what they are willing to do themself.

Pastor, while I don't disagree with your points 8, 14, and 64, I am somewhat saddened at your request. I feared that making myself vulnerable might not be enough for some. I must decline your offer to further identify myself publicly for the time being. Let's face it, if everything was transparent in this matter, what would we have to spend our time on. Nevertheless, because of your past gentlemanly behavior, I will agree to answer your questions privately. Are you still using your hotpastor@yahoo.com account?

-bear

P.S. Any opinions expressed by me here are subject to change and/or total disavowal at any time.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Observer
post Jan 8 2008, 07:17 AM
Post #32

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,664

QUOTE(YogusBearus @ Jan 8 2008, 06:09 AM) *
Pastor, while I don't disagree with your points 8, 14, and 64, I am somewhat saddened at your request. I feared that making myself vulnerable might not be enough for some. I must decline your offer to further identify myself publicly for the time being. Let's face it, if everything was transparent in this matter, what would we have to spend our time on. Nevertheless, because of your past gentlemanly behavior, I will agree to answer your questions privately. Are you still using your hotpastor@yahoo.com account?

-bear

P.S. Any opinions expressed by me here are subject to change and/or total disavowal at any time.

Fine. I accept that, and I do not criticize you for the position that you have taken.

Am I still using my <hotpastor> account at hotmail?

Thank you for asking. I am delighted to respond.

That account is not mine. I have never used it. I did not know that it existed. I do not have any Yahoo account.
I do not know anythig about it.

Now you have gotten my interest aroused.

I wonder what there is that has made you think that it belongs to me.

If you would like to discuss this further with me, please PM me. I will be glad to discuss it with you.

I apologize if my request offended you. I did not intend to offend. I am sorry.

I am simply delighted at what is clearly a risk on your part in sharing what you have shared. As you wish, I will be glad to converse with you either publicly as I am doing, or privately.

Thank you for coming here to BSDA and for sharing what you have shared.

--------------------
Gregory Matthews posts here under the name "Observer."

+Quote Post
YogusBearus
post Jan 8 2008, 07:23 AM
Post #33

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Observer @ Jan 8 2008, 07:17 AM) *
Fine. I accept that, and I do not criticize you for the position that you have taken.

Am I still using my <hotpastor> account at hotmail?

Thank you for asking. I am delighted to respond.

That account is not mine. I have never used it. I did not know that it existed. I do not have any Yahoo account.
I do not know anythig about it.

Now you have gotten my interest aroused.

I wonder what there is that has made you think that it belongs to me.

If you would like to discuss this further with me, please PM me. I will be glad to discuss it with you.

I apologize if my request offended you. I did not intend to offend. I am sorry.

I am simply delighted at what is clearly a risk on your part in sharing what you have shared. As you wish, I will be glad to converse with you either publicly as I am doing, or privately.

Thank you for coming here to BSDA and for sharing what you have shared.

No offense was taken Pastor. I apologize for mentioning the hotpastor@yahoo.com account. I thought this was common knowledge. Obviously I was mistaken. My bad.

-bear

--------------------

+Quote Post
Observer
post Jan 8 2008, 07:23 AM
Post #34

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(YogusBearus @ Jan 8 2008, 06:09 AM) *

-bear

Mollie:

You are kind in saying that I have been a gentleman.

The issues discussed here have deep emotional ramifications. People have been blunt, to include me. My wife informs me that I an not always a gentleman. As she is a woman of wisdom, I do not make that cliam.

Thank you for your kindness.

--------------------

+Quote Post
YogusBearus
post Jan 8 2008, 07:36 AM
Post #35

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Observer @ Jan 8 2008, 07:23 AM) *
Mollie:

You are kind in saying that I have been a gentleman.

The issues discussed here have deep emotional ramifications. People have been blunt, to include me. My wife informs me that I an not always a gentleman. As she is a woman of wisdom, I do not make that cliam.

Thank you for your kindness.

Gregory, I'm going to step out of my persona to confirm that yes, I have appreciated your gentle approach to a very difficult situation. Your posts both here and at Maritime have never been overtly unkind or malicious. I truly do respect you for that.

The point of this current silly thread was to hopefully allow all of us to lighten up a bit on the personal stuff and enjoy one another regardless of our personal positions on the 3ABN matter.

Thanks again for your example.

-bear

This post has been edited by YogusBearus: Jan 8 2008, 08:22 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Observer
post Jan 8 2008, 07:44 AM
Post #36

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(YogusBearus @ Jan 8 2008, 06:23 AM) *
No offense was taken Pastor. I apologize for mentioning the hotpastor@yahoo.com account. I thought this was common knowledge. Obviously I was mistaken. My bad.

-bear

No offense taken. If you prefer not to contact my by PM, feel free to further disucss this publicly. You have gotten my interest up. If you thought that account was mine, there may be others who also thought it was mine. From this standpoint it might be good to publicly discuss it. I will be glad to clear it up.

Anyhow it is your call. You have clearly risked in sharing who you are. I do not want to push you beyond your comfort zone.

You know, people can have strong disagreements. But, they can treat each other with respect, and communicate in a polite manner, even when blunt and frank.

I have no doubt that you and I disagree on some issues. I doubt that we will agree on all. But, I will be delighted to converse with you, if you wish.

You have really gotten my interest up in regard to the "hotpastor" account. Oh, well.

Peace,
Gregory Matthews

--------------------

+Quote Post
SoulEspresso
post Jan 8 2008, 08:00 AM
Post #37

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,262

My real name may or may not be Nooma Coffee.

--------------------
"The entire world is falling apart because no one will admit they are wrong."
--
Don Miller, Blue Like Jazz.

+Quote Post
Eduard
post Jan 8 2008, 08:04 AM
Post #38

Member No.: 3,727

QUOTE(Observer @ Jan 8 2008, 07:44 AM) *
No offense taken. If you prefer not to contact my by PM, feel free to further disucss this publicly. You have gotten my interest up. If you thought that account was mine, there may be others who also thought it was mine. From this standpoint it might be good to publicly discuss it. I will be glad to clear it up.

Anyhow it is your call. You have clearly risked in sharing who you are. I do not want to push you beyond your comfort zone.

You know, people can have strong disagreements. But, they can treat each other with respect, and communicate in a polite manner, even when blunt and frank.

I have no doubt that you and I disagree on some issues. I doubt that we will agree on all. But, I will be delighted to converse with you, if you wish.

You have really gotten my interest up in regard to the "hotpastor" account. Oh, well.

Peace,
Gregory Matthews

Observer:

Will you stop harrassing people to reveal their identities? Of course it is their call whether or not to reveal themselves. This is implicit in their rights. It is a pity that you don't understand such a simple thing. And if you "do not want to push [her] beyond [her] comfort zone" stop right now. What authority do you think you have to impose on people? I deal with people like you all the time and it gets me very tired to see how obtuse they are about other people's rights.

Eduard

This post has been edited by Eduard: Jan 8 2008, 08:06 AM

+Quote Post
Noahswife
post Jan 8 2008, 08:34 AM
Post #39

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,683

QUOTE(Eduard @ Jan 8 2008, 09:04 AM) *
Observer:
Will you stop harrassing people to reveal their identities? Of course it is their call whether or not to reveal themselves. This is implicit in their rights. It is a pity that you don't understand such a simple thing. And if you "do not want to push [her] beyond [her] comfort zone" stop right now. What authority do you think you have to impose on people? I deal with people like you all the time and it gets me very tired to see how obtuse they are about other people's rights.

Eduard

Eduard,

May I presume that your post was meant to be humorous? I have found my own humor does not translate well to the internet and I would hate to think you have misunderstood the delightful silliness of these posts about a very serious issue here at BSDA.

nw

--------------------
“I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.” C.S. Lewis

"To love means loving the unlovable. To forgive means pardoning the unpardonable. Faith means believing the unbelievable. Hope means hoping when everything seems hopeless." G. K. Chesterton

+Quote Post
LaurenceD
post Jan 8 2008, 09:40 AM
Post #40

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,035

QUOTE(Clay)
well in the spirit of honesty... my name is Bruce Banner.... and ummmm you don't wanna make me mad.....

Hey Bruce...keep your eyes open for David...you know...that little guy with the sling. lol!

Jonathan

--------------------
Disclaimer Notice: You are hereby cautioned that the information contained within these posts are for the sole purpose of provoking thought, adding fair comment on matters of public interest, and not providing factual information. These posts do not reflect the actual thoughts or intentions of the person writing under this username since said person is not in any position to know. No effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of any personal view, opinion, or hyperbole presented. Therefore, by disclosing, copying, or distributing these posts to others, such information must subsequently be confirmed in writing, signed and dated, by the actual person, or persons, posting behind username LaurenceD.

+Quote Post
Clay
post Jan 8 2008, 09:52 AM
Post #41

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(LaurenceD @ Jan 8 2008, 09:40 AM) *
Hey Bruce...keep your eyes open for David...you know...that little guy with the sling. lol!

Jonathan

oops..... ummm I errrr, ummmmm <burp>, had him for breakfast..... tiny morsel he was..... blink.gif

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Jan 8 2008, 10:44 AM
Post #42

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(Clay @ Jan 8 2008, 07:52 AM) *
oops..... ummm I errrr, ummmmm <burp>, had him for breakfast..... tiny morsel he was..... blink.gif

Oh dear.... That's not who was on your nose was it? blink.gif

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Jan 8 2008, 10:47 AM
Post #43

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(SoulEspresso @ Jan 8 2008, 06:00 AM) *
My real name may or may not be Nooma Coffee.

That's the spirit!

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
Noahswife
post Jan 8 2008, 11:34 AM
Post #44

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,683

QUOTE(Observer @ Jan 8 2008, 07:42 AM) *
Outstanding.

I have not had a problem with people using pen names. I happen to think that there are valid reasons for doing so. In fact, when I first came here I used the name Observer, and did not reveal that my true name was Gregory Matthews. I think that this has to be an individual choice, and I do not criticize those who do not reveal who they are. However revealing one'e true name adds to credibility.

Case in point: Once I decided that I probably knew who Appletree might be, I have placed more value in what Appletree posts.

NOTE: Calvin I am not fishing in regard to the identity of Appletree.

Observer,

I did not want this aspect of your post to be overlooked. Thank you for sharing your thoughts in that regard. Just like finding out YB was really Mollie, it adds to my understanding as I review other's posts.

Although I have enjoyed the banter on this thread, I want to second YB's comments:

"Gregory, I'm going to step out of my persona to confirm that yes, I have appreciated your gentle approach to a very difficult situation. Your posts both here and at Maritime have never been overtly unkind or malicious. I truly do respect you for that.

The point of this current silly thread was to hopefully allow all of us to lighten up a bit on the personal stuff and enjoy one another regardless of our personal positions on the 3ABN matter.

Thanks again for your example."

nw

This post has been edited by Noahswife: Jan 8 2008, 11:37 AM

--------------------
“I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.” C.S. Lewis

"To love means loving the unlovable. To forgive means pardoning the unpardonable. Faith means believing the unbelievable. Hope means hoping when everything seems hopeless." G. K. Chesterton

+Quote Post
bigblacksista
post Jan 8 2008, 01:06 PM
Post #45

Advanced Member

Member No.: 869

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.............

It is times like these that I truly wished I gave a "hoot" bout 3.... oh well.................

I suppose I should even care more for what other people that I have never met think..............

I may even go further to say I should care that folk even feel the need to be decietful............... er...... cautious bout themselves...........

I suppose that is what I get for being a Queen Heathen...........

Oooooooooooops, I suppose not having N E info/understanding/inkling/knowledge/interest in as the 3a bm turns......... I should take my Heathen self out this thread altogether.........

On the other hand..............

I am nosy like that..............

I believe that when stuff hits the net it is too late for ooooopsies.................

Having said all that................

I am NOT important enough to even care bout what happens in places I do not reach..............

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm, I hear the footsteps of that green monster...........

Heathen Queen Out!!!

OH, yes, though it is of NO consequence, I have no shame in who I am and have never been afraid of who I am, YUP, my REAL name is in my sig..... go figure.... nothing to hide NOR see here..........

Dang PB, you had me going, even in LC... that is what I get for reading this AFTER I went in there.......

I will never look at this site the same again.....

Never!!!

--------------------

Come see what is NEW! www.bsouth.qhealthbeauty.com

BSJR Marketing Intl. Providing you access to your hearts desires and your body health needs... @ www.bsouth.ordermygift.com

Belinda B. South gdswmn@yahoo.com

INSANITY = Continuing to do the same thing expecting a different result.......

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 01:53 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church