Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=19099&st=15 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 02:54:22 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Christian Tv
Harold T
post Jan 12 2008, 04:37 PM
Post #16

Group: Members
Member No.: 511

QUOTE(justice4jesus @ Jan 12 2008, 05:21 PM) *
Did I say that Hope was 100 percent Adventist? No....I said it was "SDA-based". Being as Hope is the official network of the SDA church, it is the most effective representation of the church. Read my post before you attempt to trash it.

No, I do not watch 3ABN anymore, but you obviously do, because you have certainly learned the Danny Shelton way of twisting someone's words around to make them say what you want them to say.

Now, what was that you said about someone being out of their mind?

I do watch 3ABN. I have also tried to watch Hope. I gave up when they put on programming from the Roman Catholic Church. Their children's programming comes from the Lutheran church. Their health programming comes from who know where, but it sure isn't SDA. ALL of 3ABN programs are SDA. Some one is telling you some lies. The only time 3ABN is promoted is between programming. Try saying that about Hope.

Harold T.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
justice4jesus
post Jan 12 2008, 04:55 PM
Post #17

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,268

QUOTE(Harold T @ Jan 12 2008, 04:37 PM) *
I do watch 3ABN. I have also tried to watch Hope. I gave up when they put on programming from the Roman Catholic Church. Their children's programming comes from the Lutheran church. Their health programming comes from who know where, but it sure isn't SDA. ALL of 3ABN programs are SDA. Some one is telling you some lies. The only time 3ABN is promoted is between programming. Try saying that about Hope.

Harold T.

There is no argument that 3ABN's programming is SDA-centered. My problem with 3ABN is that Danny Shelton wishes for everything to be centered around him. You will discover the truth soon enough.

+Quote Post
lurker
post Jan 12 2008, 04:59 PM
Post #18

Advanced Member

Member No.: 676

My husband controls the remote control. He watches 3ABN all the time. I am telling you what I see with my own eyes, hear with my own ears. Sit down with a pen and a piece of paper and keep count. I am watching Jim Gilley at the Paradise Seventh-day Adventist Church in Las Vegas Nevada right now. I know what I hear. It is the words 3ABN over and over again almost every sentance.

+Quote Post
Johann
post Jan 12 2008, 06:10 PM
Post #19

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(lurker @ Jan 12 2008, 08:55 PM) *
I wouldn't say that 100% of 3ABN programming is Seventh-day Adventist. Much of it is produced by 3ABN promoting 3ABN. And not uplifting Jesus by the way but praising 3ABN. Watch one of those programs and count the times 3ABN is mentioned by name and the number of times the name Adventist or Seventh-day Adventist is mentioned. No Contest!

Besides that I have watched Danny Shelton interviewing people from non-SDA institutions, promoting them. I have nothing against 3ABN doing that, but it shows that everything 3ABN shows is strictly SDA.

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Jan 12 2008, 06:21 PM
Post #20

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(Harold T @ Jan 12 2008, 02:37 PM) *

Harold T.

Those are some powerful statements/claims/accusations. yikes.gif What was the RCC programming? Was the children's programming theologically unsound? What was the health message?

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
LaurenceD
post Jan 12 2008, 07:19 PM
Post #21

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,035

Hey PB, he's probably talking about that science/astronomy program...that being Catholic, you know, because a Catholic did invent the telescope.

I wonder why Harold hasn't informed us about the old Faith For Today children's programs (reruns) Hope broadcasts. Hummm...maybe he doesn't know that much afterall.

--------------------
Disclaimer Notice: You are hereby cautioned that the information contained within these posts are for the sole purpose of provoking thought, adding fair comment on matters of public interest, and not providing factual information. These posts do not reflect the actual thoughts or intentions of the person writing under this username since said person is not in any position to know. No effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of any personal view, opinion, or hyperbole presented. Therefore, by disclosing, copying, or distributing these posts to others, such information must subsequently be confirmed in writing, signed and dated, by the actual person, or persons, posting behind username LaurenceD.

+Quote Post
st mary
post Jan 12 2008, 08:23 PM
Post #22

Member No.: 3,608

HEY GUYS!
MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING. THERE HAS NEVER BEEN AND I BELIEVE MAY NEVER BE MUCH SAID OR TAUGHT ABOUT CHRIST FROM ANY OF THESE CHANNELS WHETHER 3ABN OR HOPE ANYWAY. I WAS BORN INTO ADVENTISM AND ADVENTISM IS ALL I HAVE HEARD PREACHED OR TAUGHT FROM ALL ADVENTIST SOURCES THAT I HAVE KNOWN. I FIRST HEARD ABOUT JESUS FROM SOME OTHER CHRISTIAN PREACHER WHO WAS NOT ADVENTIST. I EXPECT AN ATTACK FOR WHAT I AM NOW WRITING BUT HEY, I CANNOT SPEAK OF WHAT I DO NOT KNOW. I KNOW NOW THAT CHRIST IS ALL

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Jan 12 2008, 08:35 PM
Post #23

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,960

QUOTE(Johann @ Jan 12 2008, 06:10 PM) *
Besides that I have watched Danny Shelton interviewing people from non-SDA institutions, promoting them. I have nothing against 3ABN doing that, but it shows that everything 3ABN shows is strictly SDA.

Don't forget about Tommy.

And there have been a lot of non-Adventist singers on as well, which, given the counsel we have of using the Women's Christian Temperance Union at our camp meetings, is unlikely to be a problem in and of itself.

+Quote Post
justice4jesus
post Jan 12 2008, 08:51 PM
Post #24

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,268

QUOTE(st mary @ Jan 12 2008, 08:23 PM) *
HEY GUYS!
MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING. THERE HAS NEVER BEEN AND I BELIEVE MAY NEVER BE MUCH SAID OR TAUGHT ABOUT CHRIST FROM ANY OF THESE CHANNELS WHETHER 3ABN OR HOPE ANYWAY. I WAS BORN INTO ADVENTISM AND ADVENTISM IS ALL I HAVE HEARD PREACHED OR TAUGHT FROM ALL ADVENTIST SOURCES THAT I HAVE KNOWN. I FIRST HEARD ABOUT JESUS FROM SOME OTHER CHRISTIAN PREACHER WHO WAS NOT ADVENTIST. I EXPECT AN ATTACK FOR WHAT I AM NOW WRITING BUT HEY, I CANNOT SPEAK OF WHAT I DO NOT KNOW. I KNOW NOW THAT CHRIST IS ALL

Then you know everything that you need to know at this point. Christ is indeed all! As long as your sights are set on Him and Him alone, you're heading in the right direction.

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Jan 12 2008, 09:09 PM
Post #25

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(LaurenceD @ Jan 12 2008, 05:19 PM) *
Hey PB, he's probably talking about that science/astronomy program...that being Catholic, you know, because a Catholic did invent the telescope.

I wonder why Harold hasn't informed us about the old Faith For Today children's programs (reruns) Hope broadcasts. Hummm...maybe he doesn't know that much afterall.

Thanks, LD. Well, now I'm a bit concerned. Does this mean that by using telescopes we are condoning the theology of the Roman Catholic Church? I know PUC had a telescope when I attended there.

NASA put the Hubble telescope into space. NASA is a part of this government. Does that mean that our country has already formed an image to the beast?

While Gallileo was the first to use the telescope for astronomy, the children of spectacle maker Hans Lipperhey of the Netherlands invented the first telescope while playing with their father's lenses. Unfortunately, I haven't yet established if he was Catholic. I'll just trust you on that one.

On a separate matter, I'm sorry that your Northern Birdies met such a tragic end on that frozen field.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
LaurenceD
post Jan 12 2008, 10:35 PM
Post #26

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(awesumtenor @ Jan 11 2008, 05:12 PM) *
and I strongly encourage st mary to turn off her caps lock; this aint Gallaudet and there's no need to yell...

If you have Microsoft Word, copy and paste her post onto Word, highlight the message and press shift plus F3. This should put everything into lower case. Copy and paste the lower case message back here for a quote...I'm sure it will drive her nuts!

--------------------
Disclaimer Notice: You are hereby cautioned that the information contained within these posts are for the sole purpose of provoking thought, adding fair comment on matters of public interest, and not providing factual information. These posts do not reflect the actual thoughts or intentions of the person writing under this username since said person is not in any position to know. No effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of any personal view, opinion, or hyperbole presented. Therefore, by disclosing, copying, or distributing these posts to others, such information must subsequently be confirmed in writing, signed and dated, by the actual person, or persons, posting behind username LaurenceD.

+Quote Post
LaurenceD
post Jan 12 2008, 10:50 PM
Post #27

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(PeacefulBe)
Thanks, LD. Well, now I'm a bit concerned. Does this mean that by using telescopes we are condoning the theology of the Roman Catholic Church? I know PUC had a telescope when I attended there.

NASA put the Hubble telescope into space. NASA is a part of this government. Does that mean that our country has already formed an image to the beast?

While Gallileo was the first to use the telescope for astronomy, the children of spectacle maker Hans Lipperhey of the Netherlands invented the first telescope while playing with their father's lenses. Unfortunately, I haven't yet established if he was Catholic. I'll just trust you on that one.

On a separate matter, I'm sorry that your Northern Birdies met such a tragic end on that frozen field.

Awwwwe! Peaceful! Yes, anything remotely connected with the RCC, and shown on Hope, automatically forms a questionable alliance. Yep. Mark of the Beast alright.

I suppose Lipperhey should get the credit, even though it was a couple of Catholic kids that put two of his lens together, just playing around, which brought that old church steeple up close to view. But he put the lens into a tube, although Zacharias and Hans Janssen put together the first microscope bringing objects up closer to view.

I've read that as soon as Galilei heard about the device, and saw blueprints of it, he began constructing telescopes before ever seeing one in person. He was the first build and use telescopes to observe the heavens. Galileo Galilei may not have invented the telescope, but he made great improvements to the technology. His first construction was a three power instrument, which he quickly improved to eight, twenty and then thirty power. An instrument of the devil I tell ye!

--------------------

+Quote Post
LaurenceD
post Jan 12 2008, 10:56 PM
Post #28

500 + posts
Group Icon

Ah yes...those northern birds...I think I'll turn into a cheese head from now on.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Johann
post Jan 13 2008, 02:30 AM
Post #29

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(Johann @ Jan 13 2008, 12:10 AM) *

I just discovered I made a great mistake here. What I was trying to say is that this is to show that everything 3ABN show is not SDA.

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
SoulEspresso
post Jan 13 2008, 02:45 AM
Post #30

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,262

QUOTE(st mary @ Jan 12 2008, 07:23 PM) *
HEY GUYS!

Please turn off your caps lock. Internet etiquette interprets capital letters as shouting and it's considered very rude. Mr. J tried to explain this to you but I thought you might need it spelled out.

I bolded a section of your paragraph I found particularly telling. Clearly you were not exposed to the many varieties of Adventism growing up. The healthy Adventist churches know that Christ is the only reason we exist -- He made us and He's coming back for us, which is what the Seventh-day Adventist name means.

Unfortunately your experience is not uncommon. I wish it were. The first thing that comes to mind is a church a friend of mind went to where every sermon for twenty years was a compilation of EGW quotes. I'm not even slightly exaggerating. What a shame! The second thing to come to mind is some of the, uh, exorcisms I've had to do in my own work. (Not literal exorcisms--just driving out, for lack of a better word, people who think it's about us instead of about Him.) Thank God for forums like BlackSDA and publications like Adventist Today where Christ is in fact Lord ... even if we're not perfect.

One thing 3ABN and certain sectors of the Adventist church apparently both have a weakness for being preoccupied with their own wonderfulness -- instead of Jesus. We do forget that we're cut from the same cloth as other Christians. We're not the only ones who fall to this temptation but that doesn't make it right.

Thank God for that other preacher! May the Lord continue to bless you on your journey. There are local SDA churches where Jesus has not left the building, but go where you find Him. It's unthinkable to go to an Adventist church where He's absent, instead of another church around the corner where He's wanted.

Edited for charity and clarity.

This post has been edited by SoulEspresso: Jan 13 2008, 02:48 AM

--------------------
"The entire world is falling apart because no one will admit they are wrong."
--
Don Miller, Blue Like Jazz.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 01:54 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church