Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=19099&st=45 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 02:54:26 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Christian Tv
princessdi
post Jan 13 2008, 03:53 PM
Post #46

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

No attack here, St. Mary! Welcome to BSDA!

It is often that way in Adventism, and I dare say other denom which have so many rules and regs and sucha strong subculture attached to it. Ia lso know of many adventist who eventually had to seef professional help for thed emotional damaged caused by ignorant, but well meaning parents/church org. It is especially difficult for those who belong to Denoms, such as Adventism who maintain that all must join them to be saved, or if you leave the church you have also left God, and will be lost. Your story is very common growing up SDA, being a good SDA 30-50 years, being a chirstian and having a true relationship with God, 15-20 years, with that introduction to Christ coming form outside of the church. I completely understand what you are saying.

One suggestion, though, please give us a break and release yours CAPS LOCK. It looks as if you are really angry and yelling at us. CAPS being the internet signal for yelling.

QUOTE(st mary @ Jan 12 2008, 06:23 PM) *
HEY GUYS!
MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING. THERE HAS NEVER BEEN AND I BELIEVE MAY NEVER BE MUCH SAID OR TAUGHT ABOUT CHRIST FROM ANY OF THESE CHANNELS WHETHER 3ABN OR HOPE ANYWAY. I WAS BORN INTO ADVENTISM AND ADVENTISM IS ALL I HAVE HEARD PREACHED OR TAUGHT FROM ALL ADVENTIST SOURCES THAT I HAVE KNOWN. I FIRST HEARD ABOUT JESUS FROM SOME OTHER CHRISTIAN PREACHER WHO WAS NOT ADVENTIST. I EXPECT AN ATTACK FOR WHAT I AM NOW WRITING BUT HEY, I CANNOT SPEAK OF WHAT I DO NOT KNOW. I KNOW NOW THAT CHRIST IS ALL

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 01:54 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church