Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=19171&st=90 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 02:53:09 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

8 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Danny Shelton, Please Come Home!, It's time to stop running
appletree
post Jan 26 2008, 02:23 PM
Post #91

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,244

QUOTE(GRAT @ Jan 23 2008, 11:13 AM) *
I watched all 30 plus minutes of the broadcast yesterday and believe me it did Not help the cause of 3abn. The biggest lie was "I love Linda". That was proved to be a lie by his actions. I was amazed that Danny could sit there with no emotion what-so-ever, talk in circles and not say much of anything but ask for money. If I had not know the history I would have been left wondering "What the Hay".
I know, I know I wasn't there. wallbash.gif

For anyone that has ever been through a divorce, your statement that Danny's I love Linda was a lie is ridiculous to the nth degree. You can love your mate more than life but if they choose to break their marital vows and throw them in your face, how many options do have? Many of you have been there, done that, and whether you admit it or not, you know exactly what I'm talking about. If all efforts of reconciliation, restoration and an end put to the offending situation have been rejected, you are left without choice. Has nothing to do with your love for that spouse.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
sister
post Jan 26 2008, 03:03 PM
Post #92

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 762

QUOTE(appletree @ Jan 26 2008, 03:23 PM) *
For anyone that has ever been through a divorce, your statement that Danny's I love Linda was a lie is ridiculous to the nth degree. You can love your mate more than life but if they choose to break their marital vows and throw them in your face, how many options do have? Many of you have been there, done that, and whether you admit it or not, you know exactly what I'm talking about. If all efforts of reconciliation, restoration and an end put to the offending situation have been rejected, you are left without choice. Has nothing to do with your love for that spouse.

Linda Shelton has maintained her innocense in regard to Danny Shelton’s accusations of adultery since he first uttered them. For over a year she has asked, no, demanded that Danny publically present the “evidence” he claims to possess. Yet no one has come forward to present any information publically. Enough of the charades! In the street vernacular I believe the expression is, “Put up or shut up.”

Appletree, all of your statements rest upon the assumption that Linda Shelton is guilty of a false accusation of adultery that has never been proven. Since you, too, must be aware of that fact— since you have offered no proof to substantiate your assumptions, based upon unsupported testimony— the simple question is, “Why have you chosen to maliciously malign the reputation of an innocent woman?”

Appletree, produce the evidence as Linda Shelton has requested or stop your lying. This is where “the rubber meets the road”, Appletree. No more excuses, “put up the evidence or quit maligning Linda Shelton’s reputation.

Remember, simply attacking me will not change the facts that no evidence has been produced that proves adultery. People pay attention here. Appletree, produce the evidence of Linda Shelton’s adultery— since you have claimed to see it— or produce an apology.

Sister

+Quote Post
Ozzie
post Jan 26 2008, 07:27 PM
Post #93

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,395

QUOTE(sister @ Jan 27 2008, 08:03 AM) *
Linda Shelton has maintained her innocense in regard to Danny Shelton’s accusations of adultery since he first uttered them. For over a year she has asked, no, demanded that Danny publically present the “evidence” he claims to possess. Yet no one has come forward to present any information publically. Enough of the charades! In the street vernacular I believe the expression is, “Put up or shut up.”
Appletree, all of your statements rest upon the assumption that Linda Shelton is guilty of a false accusation of adultery that has never been proven. Since you, too, must be aware of that fact— since you have offered no proof to substantiate your assumptions, based upon unsupported testimony— the simple question is, “Why have you chosen to maliciously malign the reputation of an innocent woman?”

Appletree, produce the evidence as Linda Shelton has requested or stop your lying. This is where “the rubber meets the road”, Appletree. No more excuses, “put up the evidence or quit maligning Linda Shelton’s reputation.

Remember, simply attacking me will not change the facts that no evidence has been produced that proves adultery. People pay attention here. Appletree, produce the evidence of Linda Shelton’s adultery— since you have claimed to see it— or produce an apology.
Sister

People have been waiting quite awhile to see the evidence that Danny says he has. Linda has been asking for quite a good while now, to produce the evidence. As you're in the know AT/DS, I'm sure that everyone is waiting to see that evidence produced. You've got it. Let us see it! please.gif

--------------------
"It's important that people know what you stand for. It's equally important that they know what you won't stand for."
~ Mary Waldrop.

+Quote Post
Ian
post Jan 26 2008, 07:59 PM
Post #94

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,103

QUOTE(Ozzie @ Jan 26 2008, 08:27 PM) *
People have been waiting quite awhile to see the evidence that Danny says he has. Linda has been asking for quite a good while now, to produce the evidence. As you're in the know AT/DS, I'm sure that everyone is waiting to see that evidence produced. You've got it. Let us see it! please.gif

I don't think DS is here. and I don't think it's up to AT...

JMO

+Quote Post
appletree
post Jan 26 2008, 08:43 PM
Post #95

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,244

QUOTE(sister @ Jan 26 2008, 03:03 PM) *

Sister

Dear Sister....wrong again. I don't have to show the evidence or apologize. Period. Your first sentence that Linda has maintained her innocense was ludicrous. Now what would you expect her to do? Tell all????
You say Danny hasn't produced the evidence. Has it every occurred to you (evidently not) that for reasons that have not been revealed, his hands are tied. Let's just say it was not his decision to make. I wish it were. A lot of this craziness could have been nipped in the bud. Let's just look forward to "good timing" and justice being done.

Now behind door number three...how did you go from talking directly about Linda Shelton and then saying "attacking me will not change the facts that no evidence....etc etc. Attacking ME?????? Did you say ME as in Appletree is attacking Linda Shelton/ Alias/ me....Sister??????

Wow....you can now, spin, twist and sail away into the wild blue yonder all you want but it looks like a huge SLIP to me. (Imagine as if we didn't know it all along.)

+Quote Post
Seraphim7
post Jan 26 2008, 08:57 PM
Post #96

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 6

QUOTE(appletree @ Jan 26 2008, 09:43 PM) *
Dear Sister....wrong again...

Now behind door number three...how did you go from talking directly about Linda Shelton and then saying "attacking me will not change the facts that no evidence....etc etc. Attacking ME?????? Did you say ME as in Appletree is attacking Linda Shelton/ Alias/ me....Sister??????

Wow....you can now, spin, twist and sail away into the wild blue yonder all you want but it looks like a huge SLIP to me. (Imagine as if we didn't know it all along.)

That's simple, you're addressing "sister" DOH!!! blink.gif
Don't know what got those undies all in a bunch, man... maybe a medicated nap would help? dunno.gif

--------------------
WELCOME to BlackSDA from seraph|m, a BSDA Charter member.
Please Join us in The Married Forum and/or Sabbath School Lesson Study forums.

Then, come join us here, Live Chat Lesson Study ,for our Friday night study @ 8pm CST/9pm EST. The lesson can be found at Sabbath School Network (SSNET)

Motto- "Weapons of Mass Distraction, Have No Place Here. " "Qui tacet consentire videtur,"
Are not official staff mottos and are not endorsed by BSDA Management.

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Jan 28 2008, 10:21 AM
Post #97

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,960

QUOTE(appletree @ Jan 26 2008, 02:23 PM) *
For anyone that has ever been through a divorce, your statement that Danny's I love Linda was a lie is ridiculous to the nth degree. You can love your mate more than life but if they choose to break their marital vows and throw them in your face, how many options do have?

You forget. Danny at the same time said that Linda had told him that she loved him, and that Linda wanted God's will for her life, something like that. How could it be that Linda would have so convinced Danny that she was fully committed to the Lord while violating the 7th commandment?

And remember, about one month later Danny wrote Linda and let her know that he did not know whether she had committed fornication.

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Jan 28 2008, 10:25 AM
Post #98

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,960

QUOTE(appletree @ Jan 26 2008, 08:43 PM) *
You say Danny hasn't produced the evidence. Has it every occurred to you (evidently not) that for reasons that have not been revealed, his hands are tied.

Why? Because if he produces that recording people will know that he violated the laws of the state of Illinois? Or if he produces hundreds of hours of phone card phone records without evidence that he obtained a court order first, he'll be in real hot water?

What exactly is tying his hands, and how would you know?

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Jan 28 2008, 11:04 AM
Post #99

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 15

QUOTE(appletree @ Jan 26 2008, 03:15 PM) *
Words of wisdom Dona. If you notice when accusations and speculation seem to lag....sister appears to "stir things up" again. This has been a consistent pattern.

funny how, once the moratorium on the 3ABN threads was lifted... in spite of having a new place, at AdventTalk.com where you could argue these points to your hearts content, your camp rushed back here to start the fray going all over again... first fhb, then ian then you...

but it's all sister's fault... riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

obviously none of us feel that "desperate" need to "stir the pot" as sister does.

And waterboarding is not torture.

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
LaurenceD
post Jan 28 2008, 12:39 PM
Post #100

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,035

Does anyone else remember DS saying, or posting somewhere here on the internet, that he'd already showed the evidence to some leaders in the GC...before trashing LS on 3abn-LIVE on that abominable, contemptible, and dishonorable Thrusday evening?

--------------------
Disclaimer Notice: You are hereby cautioned that the information contained within these posts are for the sole purpose of provoking thought, adding fair comment on matters of public interest, and not providing factual information. These posts do not reflect the actual thoughts or intentions of the person writing under this username since said person is not in any position to know. No effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of any personal view, opinion, or hyperbole presented. Therefore, by disclosing, copying, or distributing these posts to others, such information must subsequently be confirmed in writing, signed and dated, by the actual person, or persons, posting behind username LaurenceD.

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Jan 28 2008, 01:48 PM
Post #101

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

What I remember is Danny first claiming "spiritual adultery" and that he believed that Linda was on the phone too long with the Dr., phone records from a prepaid phone( yeah right!) to prove it. and some warning about that leading to something else....more of an ailenation of affection type of thing. I remember JL consenting to show those records to Bob or somebody and then reneging on it. I remmber the actualy adultery not coming up until this line of Danny's supporters came here, then we got to talking about trips and clandestine meetings in Europe, etc. Oh yeah and many promises that there was also evidence of this. I do also remember some eluding to presenting evidence to satisfy the church's concerns. However, I just added things to the list of lies.

Also, Appletree, there is a movie and an even older song/saying on which the movie is based, call, "It's a thin Line betwee Love and Hate". Danny may have loved Linda, while he thought he "controlled" her. However when he lost that control, then it turned to hate. Anytime people who becan watching 3ABN post Linda, don't even know he was married after his first wife died, there is a problem. Anytime you take you time and somebody else's money to erase a person's memory from not only your life, but the ministry she helped to build, there is a rpoblem. Danny has been extremmly mean and sptieful through this entire situation. Once again, I tell you that I make my determinations on Danny's own actions and who he claims to be and Who he claims to represent. They don't add up. You all keep on saying that it is lInda who is behind her supporters here, but you can't prove thqt either. However, it is a matter of public record that Danny has many time on 3ABN and tie visitng churches trashed Linda, along with the whole of 3ABN leadship. That we have heard for ourselves. Not to mention you supporters who have come here with no proof, but lots of attempted character assassination of Linda and those who support her. Once, onagain it is the actions and owrds of DAnny and his supporters that consfemn him, not Linda.

QUOTE(LaurenceD @ Jan 28 2008, 10:39 AM) *
Does anyone else remember DS saying, or posting somewhere here on the internet, that he'd already showed the evidence to some leaders in the GC...before trashing LS on 3abn-LIVE on that abominable, contemptible, and dishonorable Thrusday evening?

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
YogusBearus
post Jan 28 2008, 02:25 PM
Post #102

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,905

I understand that our consuming interest with the Shelton divorce is not so much about the divorce as about other agendas. I still think it's kind of sad to keep dragging it up and shaking it every few weeks for years.

The following quote from a site that referenced a new Barna survey caught my eye.

"A recent study by the Barna Research Group throws extreme doubt on these estimates. Barna released the results of their poll about divorce on 1999-DEC-21. 1 They had interviewed 3,854 adults from the 48 contiguous states. The margin of error is ±2 percentage points. The survey found:

11% of the adult population is currently divorced. 25% of adults have had at least one divorce during their lifetime. Divorce rates among conservative Christians were significantly higher than for other faith groups, and much higher than Atheists and Agnostics experience."

You can read the full article here: Barna

-bear

This post has been edited by YogusBearus: Jan 28 2008, 02:26 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Brenda
post Jan 28 2008, 02:40 PM
Post #103

Advanced Member

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 1,814

QUOTE(YogusBearus @ Jan 29 2008, 07:25 AM) *
I understand that our consuming interest with the Shelton divorce is not so much about the divorce as about other agendas. I still think it's kind of sad to keep dragging it up and shaking it every few weeks for years.

The following quote from a site that referenced a new Barna survey caught my eye.

"A recent study by the Barna Research Group throws extreme doubt on these estimates. Barna released the results of their poll about divorce on 1999-DEC-21. 1 They had interviewed 3,854 adults from the 48 contiguous states. The margin of error is ±2 percentage points. The survey found:

11% of the adult population is currently divorced. 25% of adults have had at least one divorce during their lifetime. Divorce rates among conservative Christians were significantly higher than for other faith groups, and much higher than Atheists and Agnostics experience."

You can read the full article here: Barna

-bear

Just wondering - would fewer conservative Christians live together before marriage and hence avoid finding out that the relationship is not going to work, compared to agnostics/atheists?

Note - this is not a vote of support for premarital cohabitation.

+Quote Post
YogusBearus
post Jan 28 2008, 02:53 PM
Post #104

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,905

QUOTE(Brenda @ Jan 28 2008, 02:40 PM) *
Just wondering - would fewer conservative Christians live together before marriage and hence avoid finding out that the relationship is not going to work, compared to agnostics/atheists?

Sure, Brenda. I can see that all sorts of factors might have an impact. In fact the article makes some very similar points about regional differences (younger marriages in the South) among others. With nearly half of all US marriages unfortunately ending in divorce, it's hard understand our fascination with just one. Some wise person here stated "bad stuff happens, move on" and I'm wondering if that isn't good advice in this situation.

-bear

--------------------

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Jan 28 2008, 03:07 PM
Post #105

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(Brenda @ Jan 28 2008, 12:40 PM) *

Aren't quite a number of conservative Christians notoriously shame-based? I honestly don't know the statistics on that, or how they compare to atheists/agnostics, or other humans in general. But if so, it could make for some rocky relationships.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 01:53 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church