Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=19216&st=405 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 02:47:29 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

29 Pages V  « < 26 27 28 29 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> An Unauthorized History Of 3abn, Continues
appletree
post Feb 24 2008, 06:16 PM
Post #406

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,244

QUOTE(erik @ Feb 24 2008, 05:51 PM) *
AT,

Well I truly hope that in the end the court case is worth it for 3abn.

Case from the west coast it looks very shortsighted.

Erik

I don't know what you mean by "worth it". 3ABN isn't in it for money. Pickle and Joy have none. They are in it to stop lies and rumors that have hurt a ministry. They don't want money, they want retractions and apologies.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Feb 24 2008, 06:21 PM
Post #407

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,960

QUOTE(appletree @ Feb 24 2008, 06:16 PM) *
They don't want money, they want retractions and apologies.
Maybe we have something in common. I'd like retractions and apologies too, including from you.

+Quote Post
justice4jesus
post Feb 24 2008, 06:39 PM
Post #408

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,268

QUOTE(appletree @ Feb 24 2008, 06:16 PM) *
I don't know what you mean by "worth it". 3ABN isn't in it for money. Pickle and Joy have none. They are in it to stop lies and rumors that have hurt a ministry. They don't want money, they want retractions and apologies.

I find it difficult....nay, impossible....to believe that they are spending mucho moolah on attorneys and assorted other legal services solely to hear Bob and Gailon "apologize" and "admit" that they "lied". (Note the quotation marks; I am NOT stating or insinuating in ANY way that they have lied or done anything else to Danny and/or 3ABN for which they should apologize.)

But, suppose this were to happen. We all see how this is playing out right now. Bob and Gailon, even in the shadow of the lawsuit, are not backing down. IF (not "when") they did lose, the only apology that Danny/3ABN would get would be a court-ordered one. Would that be enough for Danny/3ABN....an "apology" made for the sole reason that the judge ordered them to make it? An empty apology? Would Danny/3ABN be content with that? From what I know of Bob and Gailon, they are not about to apologize for doing what they believe to be right. A judge may be able to order them to "apologize", but there isn't a judge in the world who can force them to be sincere about it. I'm merely speculating, of course, as I have no way of knowing exactly how Bob and Gailon would respond to this.

That's like a parent telling a child to go to another child with whom he has had a squabble and "say you're sorry". Well, if he is going to say he is sorry just because he was ordered to say it, then there really is no point. That's a meaningless apology. Would Danny/3ABN find the same kind of "apology" to be worth the multiple thousands of dollars that they are spending on this lawsuit?

It just ain't workin' with me!

+Quote Post
appletree
post Feb 24 2008, 06:46 PM
Post #409

Advanced Member

QUOTE(justice4jesus @ Feb 24 2008, 05:16 PM) *
So Danny/3ABN filed this lawsuit just in case God didn't "watch over them"?

Not making any judgments....just asking questions here!

I'm glad you specified that you were "just asking" and not making judgements. If so then you surely will understand what I am going to say. 3abn filed the lawsuit because there are people that are breaking the "laws of the land" and have damaged 3abn in the process. Not just the ministry but the people that work there, preach there, devote their time to spreading the gospel. This is wrong spiritually, morally, and goes against God just as surely as murder does. This is about murdering a persons reputation with unproven allegations. The allegations were spread, repeated, and grew larger than life until most never questioned if it was a true. It all became facts just by word of mouth. If 3abn and the people there were guilty of all they have been accused of, do you think they would enter into a lawsuit? I wouldn't. It would be suicide. We are counseled against sueing for gain. 3abn is not doing that. They want retractions of lies that have hurt the ministry and the people there. I hope this becomes an example that just because you have access to the internet and communicating with others, you do not have the right to say anything and everything when it isn't true. 3abn will be able to prove in court that the allegations aren't true with documentation, board minutes, tax returns, etc etc...what will Pickle and Joy have to work with but heresay from certain "enemies" of 3abn and Danny. Hopefully, all will also see the unethical methods used by Pickle and Joy. The very fact that they named their slanderous web site "save3abn" says it all. They did it purposely so that anyone typing in 3abn would, 9 chances out of 10 end up at their site. Using the word "save" automatically made people think it was a site to help 3abn and were shocked at what they saw when they clicked on it. I shouldn't have to go any further for you to see how wrong this has been. We are not only held accountable to God for our actions here on earth, but we also are accountable when we break the laws of this land. This group of people have been guilty of a gross injustice and have to answer for it.

The Adventist church meaning the GC, has been involved in more lawsuits than I care to count. Some were over copyright laws and some weren't. My point is that over the years I have heard very little said about the GC's involvement in lawsuits but when 3abn is absolutely forced into the situation Adventists on these forums jumped all over it as wrong, wrong, wrong. In this particular case it isn't wrong. People everywhere need to be stopped from doing this same kind of thing.

+Quote Post
appletree
post Feb 24 2008, 11:58 PM
Post #410

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Pickle @ Feb 24 2008, 06:21 PM) *
Maybe we have something in common. I'd like retractions and apologies too, including from you.

roflmao.gif I don't apologize for telling the truth.

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Feb 25 2008, 06:19 AM
Post #411

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,960

Of course, you knew I wasn't asking you to apologize for telling the truth, didn't you?

This post has been edited by Pickle: Feb 25 2008, 06:19 AM

+Quote Post
justice4jesus
post Feb 25 2008, 07:51 AM
Post #412

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,268

QUOTE(Pickle @ Feb 25 2008, 06:19 AM) *
Of course, you knew I wasn't asking you to apologize for telling the truth, didn't you?

And yet, Bob, that is exactly what they expect you to do. Welcome to the crazy mixed-up universe! smile.gif

+Quote Post
phoenix
post Feb 25 2008, 11:30 AM
Post #413

Welcome Newbie

Member No.: 4,678

QUOTE(Observer @ Jan 29 2008, 05:10 AM) *
The above is NOT an unusual situation.

I have pastored congregations (plural) where thebuilding was not owned by the congregation. That still happens today. It is becomming more common for a congregation to pay part, or all, of a pastor's salary. It is not against NAD policy for such to be the case.
Of course such a situation may have problems, but so do all other types sof ownership and pay.

One other comment: Congregations can elect whom they want as Elders (or any other officer). They can assign whatever duties to that person, or no duties at all. All is allowed.

The Thompsonville congregation was well within its authority to elect Danny as Elder and to give him no duties, if they chose to do so.

Some will argue that the congregation should not have elected him as Elder. But, that is a different issue. One point on which SDA conservatives and liberals agree is that the local congregation should have the power to elect whomever they wish to positions of leadership without the interference of higher denominational administrators.

Local congregations may even place people in positions of leadership who are not members of the SDA church, as has been done at times, as I am personally aware of.

Sister, your chapter on the "Elder" controversy seems out of character with your previous hard hitting exposes. I've tried to understand why you are so passionate in defending what appears to be a tempest in a teapot with no legal significance and consistent with what congregations can due per above. The only thing that makes any sense to me is that this particular chapter is autobiographical. Is that the case?

+Quote Post
LaurenceD
post Feb 25 2008, 11:52 AM
Post #414

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,035

...what congregations can due per above? You mean do?

Careful, phonics (pun intended), did anyone else noticed two similarly misspelled words in appletree's posts lately?

It happens with certain people typing who are trying to spell according to how words sounds...two different words that are pronounced the same, but aren't corrected with spell check.

We wouldn't want any reason to associate your typing style with appletree's. No way.

--------------------
Disclaimer Notice: You are hereby cautioned that the information contained within these posts are for the sole purpose of provoking thought, adding fair comment on matters of public interest, and not providing factual information. These posts do not reflect the actual thoughts or intentions of the person writing under this username since said person is not in any position to know. No effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of any personal view, opinion, or hyperbole presented. Therefore, by disclosing, copying, or distributing these posts to others, such information must subsequently be confirmed in writing, signed and dated, by the actual person, or persons, posting behind username LaurenceD.

+Quote Post
phoenix
post Feb 25 2008, 12:11 PM
Post #415

Welcome Newbie

Member No.: 4,678

QUOTE(LaurenceD @ Feb 25 2008, 11:52 AM) *
...what congregations can due per above? You mean do?

Careful, phonics (pun intended), did anyone else noticed two similarly misspelled words in appletree's posts lately?

It happens with certain people typing who are trying to spell according to how words sounds...two different words that are pronounced the same, but aren't corrected with spell check.

We wouldn't want any reason to associate your typing style with appletree's. No way.

Thank you for your diligence. I most certainly should have used "do" there but now that I look at it, I kind of like it and will just let it stand if that's ok with you.

I look forward to your continuing valued contributions.

+Quote Post
sister
post Feb 25 2008, 04:10 PM
Post #416

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 762

QUOTE(phoenix @ Feb 25 2008, 12:30 PM) *
Sister, your chapter on the "Elder" controversy seems out of character with your previous hard hitting exposes. I've tried to understand why you are so passionate in defending what appears to be a tempest in a teapot with no legal significance and consistent with what congregations can due per above. The only thing that makes any sense to me is that this particular chapter is autobiographical. Is that the case?

Another phishing expedition? Do we now add Pastor Fiscalini to the growing list of those whom I am supposed to be? As I said to Appletree repeatedly:

Go ahead, Appletree, keep suggesting that I am Linda, Sandra, Ms. Fiscalini, Dava, Steve Shelton, Pastor Fiscalini or anyone else of your choosing, it just makes it easier for me to move unobserved, witnessing and writing about what goes on in Dannyland...

Sister

+Quote Post
appletree
post Feb 26 2008, 12:23 AM
Post #417

Advanced Member

QUOTE(sister @ Feb 25 2008, 04:10 PM) *
Another phishing expedition? Do we now add Pastor Fiscalini to the growing list of those whom I am supposed to be? As I said to Appletree repeatedly:
Sister

roflmao.gif

+Quote Post
Ian
post Feb 26 2008, 02:00 PM
Post #418

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,103

QUOTE(sister @ Feb 25 2008, 05:10 PM) *

Go ahead, Appletree, keep suggesting that I am Linda, Sandra, Ms. Fiscalini, Dava, Steve Shelton, Pastor Fiscalini or anyone else of your choosing, it just makes it easier for me to move unobserved, witnessing and writing about what goes on in Dannyland...

Sister

worksforyou.gif beatdeadhorse.gif

I'm just enjoying using the new smilies... biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Ian: Feb 26 2008, 02:02 PM

+Quote Post
erik
post Feb 26 2008, 02:22 PM
Post #419

Advanced Member

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 2,782

QUOTE(appletree @ Feb 24 2008, 04:46 PM) *
I'm glad you specified that you were "just asking" and not making judgements. If so then you surely will understand what I am going to say. 3abn filed the lawsuit because there are people that are breaking the "laws of the land" and have damaged 3abn in the process. Not just the ministry but the people that work there, preach there, devote their time to spreading the gospel. This is wrong spiritually, morally, and goes against God just as surely as murder does. This is about murdering a persons reputation with unproven allegations. The allegations were spread, repeated, and grew larger than life until most never questioned if it was a true. It all became facts just by word of mouth. If 3abn and the people there were guilty of all they have been accused of, do you think they would enter into a lawsuit? I wouldn't. It would be suicide. We are counseled against sueing for gain. 3abn is not doing that. They want retractions of lies that have hurt the ministry and the people there. I hope this becomes an example that just because you have access to the internet and communicating with others, you do not have the right to say anything and everything when it isn't true. 3abn will be able to prove in court that the allegations aren't true with documentation, board minutes, tax returns, etc etc...what will Pickle and Joy have to work with but heresay from certain "enemies" of 3abn and Danny. Hopefully, all will also see the unethical methods used by Pickle and Joy. The very fact that they named their slanderous web site "save3abn" says it all. They did it purposely so that anyone typing in 3abn would, 9 chances out of 10 end up at their site. Using the word "save" automatically made people think it was a site to help 3abn and were shocked at what they saw when they clicked on it. I shouldn't have to go any further for you to see how wrong this has been. We are not only held accountable to God for our actions here on earth, but we also are accountable when we break the laws of this land. This group of people have been guilty of a gross injustice and have to answer for it.

The Adventist church meaning the GC, has been involved in more lawsuits than I care to count. Some were over copyright laws and some weren't. My point is that over the years I have heard very little said about the GC's involvement in lawsuits but when 3abn is absolutely forced into the situation Adventists on these forums jumped all over it as wrong, wrong, wrong. In this particular case it isn't wrong. People everywhere need to be stopped from doing this same kind of thing.

AT,

I for one think that the GC lawsuits are for the birds, but i am not sure how claiming because the GC was doing something foolish that 3ABN had to go join them in being foolish.

I am tha tis like saying when i was a kids well my brother took a cookie so i took one too.

Come on your side can do better then that.

Erik

+Quote Post
Daryl Fawcett
post Feb 26 2008, 05:21 PM
Post #420

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,851

QUOTE(PeacefulBe @ Feb 21 2008, 09:11 AM) *
Yep, there is indeed. His name is Daryl.

I have to say that I am really thankful that Calvin doesn't go along behind us and correct our spelling. Has anyone considered that sometimes a member may misspell intentionally to add to the flavor, content and meaning of the post they are making?

I don't know where people are getting the idea that I am correcting people's spelling errors, as all I have been doing is correcting formatting problems, which made it hard to determine a quote of a post from the post itself.

--------------------
In His Love, Mercy, and Grace!

Daryl Fawcett
Administrator
Maritime SDA OnLine
http://www.maritime-sda-online.com

+Quote Post

29 Pages V  « < 26 27 28 29 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 01:47 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church