Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=19216&st=45 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 02:46:41 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

29 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> An Unauthorized History Of 3abn, Continues
lurker
post Jan 26 2008, 08:56 PM
Post #46

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 676

I noticed the following words in your version of Sister's story, Ian "Linda's couple Henry and Sandra Juarez". Did you mean by this that even then Linda and Danny each had their own followers and that there was a difference of opinion between the two sides? That Henry and Sandra were perceived to be on Linda's side?

I notice that you say that several couples had ideas about painting so I'm thinking it was not just the Fiscalinis or the Juarez's who had a difference of opinion with Danny. Why not just let them paint if they could get a vote to paint and tell them that 3ABN would absolutely not pay the bill? Then the church would have to pay for it themselves or raise the funds to do what they wanted to do. If what happened at the church didn't affect jobs at 3ABN then let the church run the church and handle the consequences of their own decisions.

Why would he take the vote on the nominating committee as a personal attack if Danny didn't want the job as an elder or was inclined to refuse it in the first place? It just doesn't add up for me why he would care so much or even that you would care.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Richard Sherwin
post Jan 26 2008, 08:58 PM
Post #47

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,231

Agreed, for either side to suggest that a person acts the way they do because someone thinks they might be mentally ill is a low blow, it's pure gossip and hopefully the moderators will look close at the posts that suggest that.

QUOTE(Ozzie @ Jan 26 2008, 07:48 PM) *
The suggestion of someone having a mental illness is one that is used by people who have run out of legitmate concerns, and then imply such a condition, in order to justify their attempts to make that person be seen as unreliable or of no account. you know, the gossip-mongers who have little to do, but want to make their story sound good? gossip.gif

It is a ploy to be-little people, but really strikes below the belt and is a tactic that I consider to be lower than a snake's belly. thumbdown.gif

+Quote Post
appletree
post Jan 26 2008, 09:00 PM
Post #48

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,244

QUOTE(Ozzie @ Jan 26 2008, 06:48 PM) *
The suggestion of someone having a mental illness is one that is used by people who have run out of legitmate concerns, and then imply such a condition, in order to justify their attempts to make that person be seen as unreliable or of no account. you know, the gossip-mongers who have little to do, but want to make their story sound good? gossip.gif

It is a ploy to be-little people, but really strikes below the belt and is a tactic that I consider to be lower than a snake's belly. thumbdown.gif

I would agree with you if it was totally untrue. The word I got was "unstable." Also gossiper, trouble maker and instigator.
Sister's dramatic story would be hilarious if it wasn't so sad. That someone would feel desperate enough to take a common place situation that all churches face at one time or another and turn it into some kind of sordid tale against Danny really is sad. Not to mention this happened years ago when Linda was still in that same church. No one recalls her being especially friendly with Mr. & Mrs. F.
Just another of sister's character assassination attempts along with, fullfilling her fantasy of being a writer.
Please sister, keep your day job.

+Quote Post
Clay
post Jan 26 2008, 09:02 PM
Post #49

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(Richard Sherwin @ Jan 26 2008, 08:58 PM) *
Agreed, for either side to suggest that a person acts the way they do because someone thinks they might be mentally ill is a low blow, it's pure gossip and hopefully the moderators will look close at the posts that suggest that.

Let me be devil's advocate for a moment..... in the 4 yrs we have discussed this issue, Mr. Shelton has been characterized as slimy, sleazy, unethical, an adulterer and having a psychopathic personality (which is a form of a mental illness).... so people are now going to get bent out of shape because someone else is said to allegedly have a mental illness? dunno.gif

IMO when you engage in slinging mud, you never know who its gonna hit.... while I have no dog in this particular fight, don't expect me to believe either side just because someone has said it....

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
appletree
post Jan 26 2008, 09:05 PM
Post #50

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,244

QUOTE(lurker @ Jan 26 2008, 08:56 PM) *
I noticed the following words in your version of Sister's story, Ian "Linda's couple Henry and Sandra Juarez". Did you mean by this that even then Linda and Danny each had their own followers and that there was a difference of opinion between the two sides? That Henry and Sandra were perceived to be on Linda's side?

I notice that you say that several couples had ideas about painting so I'm thinking it was not just the Fiscalinis or the Juarez's who had a difference of opinion with Danny. Why not just let them paint if they could get a vote to paint and tell them that 3ABN would absolutely not pay the bill? Then the church would have to pay for it themselves or raise the funds to do what they wanted to do. If what happened at the church didn't affect jobs at 3ABN then let the church run the church and handle the consequences of their own decisions.

Why would he take the vote on the nominating committee as a personal attack if Danny didn't want the job as an elder or was inclined to refuse it in the first place? It just doesn't add up for me why he would care so much or even that you would care.

Lurker, maybe you misunderstood what Ian was saying. Danny DIDN'T care if they painted or whatever they wanted to do to decorate as long as it didn't come out of 3abn's pocket. Somehow a few, expected that it should.
As for why would Mr. F make an issue???? Just fits the pattern from what I was told. His objection to DS being an elder was overuled first by the nominating committe, then by the Elders and pastor and then the church as a whole. Guess it left a bitter taste in his mouth.
I'm sure you or your church has been through the same kind of situation at one time or another. Most have.

+Quote Post
Richard Sherwin
post Jan 26 2008, 09:07 PM
Post #51

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,231

(sigh) You know Clay you are right. Maybe someday the facts will come out, until then all the mud slinging on both sides have done as much dishonor to God as has the actual events that may or may not have taken place. JMO FWIW.

QUOTE(Clay @ Jan 26 2008, 10:02 PM) *
Let me be devil's advocate for a moment..... in the 4 yrs we have discussed this issue, Mr. Shelton has been characterized as slimy, sleazy, unethical, an adulterer and having a psychopathic personality (which is a form of a mental illness).... so people are now going to get bent out of shape because someone else is said to allegedly have a mental illness? dunno.gif

IMO when you engage in slinging mud, you never know who its gonna hit....

+Quote Post
lurker
post Jan 26 2008, 09:13 PM
Post #52

Advanced Member

Member No.: 676

Ian, straighten me out. Why did you say "Linda's couple Sandra and Henry Juarez"? Why even mention Linda at all?

Appletree, I didn't ask why Mr Fiscalini would make an issue of it. I asked why Danny would care. Surely he was busy with the running of 3ABN and above being upset over this local issue. But it sounds like he was upset.

This post has been edited by lurker: Jan 26 2008, 09:22 PM

+Quote Post
calvin
post Jan 26 2008, 09:29 PM
Post #53

site admin
Group Icon

Group: Owner
Member No.: 1

QUOTE(Clay @ Jan 26 2008, 09:02 PM) *

IMO when you engage in slinging mud, you never know who its gonna hit.... while I have no dog in this particular fight, don't expect me to believe either side just because someone has said it....

Ditto.

+Quote Post
sister
post Jan 26 2008, 09:30 PM
Post #54

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 762

Appletree,

You must be running scared if you are now stooping so low as to sling mud at Mrs. Fiscalini. She is not a principle in this saga. This is just another one of Danny's tactics: attack someone close to a preceived source of danger in order to silence them and detract from the truth of their testimony. You are not man enough to take on Pastor Fiscalini, you and Ian have sunk to bullying his wife instead and attempting to slander her reputation? Even for you this is a new low, Appletree. Besides bullying innocent women, I'll bet you also slap children and kick dogs. Do you abuse little boys, too?

Sister

+Quote Post
Clay
post Jan 26 2008, 09:38 PM
Post #55

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(sister @ Jan 26 2008, 09:30 PM) *
Appletree,

You must be running scared if you are now stooping so low as to sling mud at Mrs. Fiscalini. She is not a principle in this saga. This is just another one of Danny's tactics: attack someone close to a preceived source of danger in order to silence them and detract from the truth of their testimony. You are not man enough to take on Pastor Fiscalini, you and Ian have sunk to bullying his wife instead and attempting to slander her reputation? Even for you this is a new low, Appletree. Besides bullying innocent women, I'll bet you also slap children and kick dogs. Do you abuse little boys, too?

Sister

you introduced these two characters in your narrative and now you are upset because someone is taking shots at them? If you introduce them Sister you must realize that they will be held up to scrutiny, as will your narrative.... people are not going to accept what you say just because you say it... if you don't want the characters you introduce to be dissected by those who may have heard things about them, then perhaps they should not be introduced in your narrative....

as I said earlier, when you sling mud (even mud you believe to be the truth) you never know who is going to get hit with it.....

carry on......

--------------------

+Quote Post
sister
post Jan 26 2008, 10:00 PM
Post #56

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Clay @ Jan 26 2008, 10:38 PM) *
you introduced these two characters in your narrative and now you are upset because someone is taking shots at them? If you introduce them Sister you must realize that they will be held up to scrutiny, as will your narrative.... people are not going to accept what you say just because you say it... if you don't want the characters you introduce to be dissected by those who may have heard things about them, then perhaps they should not be introduced in your narrative....

as I said earlier, when you sling mud (even mud you believe to be the truth) you never know who is going to get hit with it.....

carry on......

Are you speaking as an administrater or a member? If as an administrater, I bow to your judgement. If as a member, I remember when you had problems with comments made about Melody Shelton because she was not considered a principle in this saga and defended her. Doesn't Mrs. Fiscalini deserve the same consideration as Melody? You do realize I am speaking to you as member to member, right?

I assume the administrator said, "carry on......"

+Quote Post
Ian
post Jan 26 2008, 10:06 PM
Post #57

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,103

QUOTE(sister @ Jan 26 2008, 10:30 PM) *
Appletree,

Sister

I have sunk to bullying his wife and slandering her reputation? huh.gif

Personally, I don't think it's really necessary to accuse posters here of slapping children, kicking dogs, and abusing little boys, sister.

This post has been edited by Ian: Jan 26 2008, 10:59 PM

+Quote Post
Clay
post Jan 26 2008, 10:10 PM
Post #58

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(sister @ Jan 26 2008, 10:00 PM) *
Are you speaking as an administrater or a member? If as an administrater, I bow to your judgement. If as a member, I remember when you had problems with comments made about Melody Shelton because she was not considered a principle in this saga and defended her. Doesn't Mrs. Fiscalini deserve the same consideration as Melody? You do realize I am speaking to you as member to member, right?

I assume the administrator said, "carry on......"

nope my personal opinion..... i do the administrating thing in red..... and IMO you have compared apples and oranges.... things are much different now than they were then.... so from where I sit as a member, if you write it, people can challenge you on it and share their versions of "the story"

still carry on though...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ian
post Jan 26 2008, 10:14 PM
Post #59

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,103

QUOTE(lurker @ Jan 26 2008, 10:13 PM) *
Ian, straighten me out. Why did you say "Linda's couple Sandra and Henry Juarez"? Why even mention Linda at all?

"I" didn't say it, the person relating their view of the events in question did. I just quoted it. Maybe that means something to them in all this? dunno.gif

I do know Sandra used to work at 3ABN, and left soon after Linda and works at Hope now. The Husband still works at 3ABN I believe, in accounting I think....

+Quote Post
sister
post Jan 26 2008, 10:17 PM
Post #60

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Clay @ Jan 26 2008, 11:10 PM) *
nope my personal opinion..... i do the administrating thing in red..... and IMO you have compared apples and oranges.... things are much different now than they were then.... so from where I sit as a member, if you write it, people can challenge you on it and share their versions of "the story"

still carry on though...

Thanks for the clarification, Clay. I hadn't realized the rules had changed. So now it is basically take off the gloves and no holds barred? I was still sparing under "fair play". At least I now know where we all stand...

Sister

+Quote Post

29 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 01:46 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church