Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=20348&st=240 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 11:44:11 AM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

31 Pages V  « < 15 16 17 18 19 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Rumors, Lies, & False Accusations Travel With Joy, Confronting AT and Gailon with Truth
sister
post Mar 4 2008, 07:06 AM
Post #241

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 762

QUOTE(appletree @ Mar 4 2008, 02:35 AM) *
SP
Maybe it is because Pickle is having to represent himself in court but anyway, he seems to think he knows more than a board full of successfull businessmen and several different attorney's. Did I leave out an auditing firm? The transaction went through professional scrutiny and that is good enough for me. For a "layman" to have the audacity to challenge their knowledge against his (pickle's) is totally off the wall.

Does the name Enron ring any bells, Appletree?

"All that being said, your honor, I am innocent of these charges. I am innocent of every one of these charges,"
— Jeff Skilling, former Enron chief executive

The above could be Danny Shelton, sometime in the future...

Jeff Skilling
Earned MBA from Harvard and went to work for McKinsey & Co., world's largest management consulting firm... Joined Enron in 1990, drove it from a lumbering pipeline company into something akin to a Wall Street trading house ... Became president and chief operating officer in 1997 ... Named CEO in February 2001, resigned just six months later.

Legal status: Sentenced to prison for 24 years and 4 months. Appealing the conviction. Found guilty May 25, 2006, of 19 of the 28 counts accusing him of insider trading, securities fraud and conspiracy.

So much for successful businessmen...

The above quotes came from the following source: The Fall of Enron

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ian
post Mar 4 2008, 08:09 AM
Post #242

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,103

QUOTE(sister @ Mar 4 2008, 08:06 AM) *
Does the name Enron ring any bells, Appletree?

QUOTE"All that being said, your honor, I am innocent of these charges. I am innocent of every one of these charges,"
— Jeff Skilling, former Enron chief executive

QUOTE "Jeff Skilling
Earned MBA from Harvard and went to work for McKinsey & Co., world's largest management consulting firm... Joined Enron in 1990, drove it from a lumbering pipeline company into something akin to a Wall Street trading house ... Became president and chief operating officer in 1997 ... Named CEO in February 2001, resigned just six months later.

Legal status: Sentenced to prison for 24 years and 4 months. Appealing the conviction. Found guilty May 25, 2006, of 19 of the 28 counts accusing him of insider trading, securities fraud and conspiracy."

So much for successful businessmen...

The above quotes came from the following source: The Fall of Enron

"Could be..."? Nice try...

The following quote is from Wikipedia STRAW MAN

A straw man argument is an informal fallacy based on misrepresentation of an opponent's position.[1] To "set up a straw man" or "set up a straw man argument" is to describe a position that superficially resembles an opponent's actual view but is easier to refute, then attribute that position to the opponent (for example, deliberately overstating the opponent's position).[1] A straw man argument can be a successful rhetorical technique (that is, it may succeed in persuading people) but it carries little or no real evidential weight, because the opponent's actual argument has not been refuted.[2]

Its name is derived from the practice of using straw men in combat training. In such training, a scarecrow is made in the image of the enemy with the single intent of attacking it[3]. Such a target is, naturally, immobile and does not fight back, and is not as realistic to test skill against compared to a live and armed opponent. It is occasionally called a straw dog fallacy, scarecrow argument, or wooden dummy argument.

Setup

A straw man argument can be set up in several ways, including:
  1. Presenting a misrepresentation of the opponent's position and then refuting it, thus giving the appearance that the opponent's actual position has been refuted.[1]
  2. Quoting an opponent's words out of context -- i.e., choosing quotations that are not representative of the opponent's actual intentions (see contextomy and quote mining).[2]
  3. Presenting someone who defends a position poorly as the defender and then refuting that person's arguments, thus giving the appearance that every upholder of that position, and thus the position itself, has been defeated.[1]
  4. Inventing a fictitious persona with actions or beliefs that are criticized, such that the person represents a group of whom the speaker is critical.
  5. Oversimplifying an opponent's argument, then attacking the simplified version

There seems to be alot of the above being used here...

This post has been edited by Ian: Mar 4 2008, 08:24 AM

+Quote Post
sister
post Mar 4 2008, 08:24 AM
Post #243

500 + posts
Group Icon

SP
Maybe it is because Pickle is having to represent himself in court but anyway, he seems to think he knows more than a board full of successfull businessmen and several different attorney's. Did I leave out an auditing firm? The transaction went through professional scrutiny and that is good enough for me. For a "layman" to have the audacity to challenge their knowledge against his (pickle's) is totally off the wall.

Appletree, does the name Erin Brockovich mean anything to you?

My work, as all work, can become a real challenge. I have learned that DECEIT becomes one of our biggest challenges and our biggest enemy.

My work is about helping people get the answers that they need and help them find the deceit that ends up jeopardizing them. My job isn't to try to be the lawyer. I am not the scientist. I am an everyday person who wants to help others in time of need or a least be a shoulder to lean on.

It is through awareness and information that we can protect ourselves, our families and our health. It is the absence of knowing information that we become vulnerable and stand defenseless to protect ourselves.

The above quote comes from the following source: Erin Brockovich

+Quote Post
Ian
post Mar 4 2008, 08:37 AM
Post #244

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,103

QUOTE(sister @ Mar 4 2008, 09:24 AM) *
Appletree, does the name Erin Brockovich mean anything to you?

quote:
"My work, as all work, can become a real challenge. I have learned that DECEIT becomes one of our biggest challenges and our biggest enemy.

My work is about helping people get the answers that they need and help them find the deceit that ends up jeopardizing them. My job isn't to try to be the lawyer. I am not the scientist. I am an everyday person who wants to help others in time of need or a least be a shoulder to lean on.

It is through awareness and information that we can protect ourselves, our families and our health. It is the absence of knowing information that we become vulnerable and stand defenseless to protect ourselves."

The above quote comes from the following source: Erin Brockovich

And?? blink.gif

nono.gif

that has relevance and proves what here?

This post has been edited by Ian: Mar 4 2008, 08:51 AM

+Quote Post
phoenix
post Mar 4 2008, 08:44 AM
Post #245

Welcome Newbie

Member No.: 4,678

Sister,

Does the name Jason Blair mean anything to you?

"What became clear was that Blair was a compulsive, pathological liar. It didn't matter what the story was, who or what it covered, its importance or irrelevance, Blair would create names, invent quotes, pretend to visit places he hadn't, interview people he never met and steal details from other reports without a second thought.

As he continued to get away with it, Blair became more confident and more blatant in his lying. Unfortunately, this coincided with Blair being given more important assignments. In the end, he was found to have undermined trust in one of the US' most respected journals through a series of extraordinary untruths. "

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jayson_Blair

+Quote Post
LaurenceD
post Mar 4 2008, 09:08 AM
Post #246

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,035

QUOTE(phoenix)
I suppose another possibility is that this overworked topic has become so tired, trite, deceptive, and mind numbingly boring that few can bear to read about it again.

--------------------
Disclaimer Notice: You are hereby cautioned that the information contained within these posts are for the sole purpose of provoking thought, adding fair comment on matters of public interest, and not providing factual information. These posts do not reflect the actual thoughts or intentions of the person writing under this username since said person is not in any position to know. No effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of any personal view, opinion, or hyperbole presented. Therefore, by disclosing, copying, or distributing these posts to others, such information must subsequently be confirmed in writing, signed and dated, by the actual person, or persons, posting behind username LaurenceD.

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Mar 4 2008, 09:10 AM
Post #247

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,960

QUOTE(appletree @ Mar 4 2008, 01:35 AM) *
SP

AT,

Get a signed statement from any conference treasurer or trust services director or IRS agent you want, and post it here for all to see. Demonstrate that that 1998 real estate deal is not considered a section 4958 excess benefit transaction whereby a director or officer obtains something worth more than what he paid.

Until then the facts stand for themselves: 3ABN reported to the IRS that they sold a house in 1998 for far less than what it was worth, and Danny was the one who bought that house.

Moreover, what kind of message are you sending 3ABN's donors when you defend such a shenanigan? One of the core principles of the gospel is that we freely confess when we've done wrong. Does 3ABN, Danny, and his allies have trouble in that area? Do they instead deny wrongdoing at all costs?

+Quote Post
sister
post Mar 4 2008, 09:39 AM
Post #248

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(phoenix @ Mar 4 2008, 09:44 AM) *
Sister,

Does the name Jason Blair mean anything to you?

"What became clear was that Blair was a compulsive, pathological liar. It didn't matter what the story was, who or what it covered, its importance or irrelevance, Blair would create names, invent quotes, pretend to visit places he hadn't, interview people he never met and steal details from other reports without a second thought.

As he continued to get away with it, Blair became more confident and more blatant in his lying. Unfortunately, this coincided with Blair being given more important assignments. In the end, he was found to have undermined trust in one of the US' most respected journals through a series of extraordinary untruths. "

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jayson_Blair

Are you outing your gameplan so early on?

+Quote Post
Dona
post Mar 4 2008, 09:42 AM
Post #249

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,296

QUOTE(Pickle @ Mar 4 2008, 10:10 AM) *
AT,

Get a signed statement from any conference treasurer or trust services director or IRS agent you want, and post it here for all to see. Demonstrate that that 1998 real estate deal is not considered a section 4958 excess benefit transaction whereby a director or officer obtains something worth more than what he paid.

Until then the facts stand for themselves: 3ABN reported to the IRS that they sold a house in 1998 for far less than what it was worth, and Danny was the one who bought that house.

Moreover, what kind of message are you sending 3ABN's donors when you defend such a shenanigan? One of the core principles of the gospel is that we freely confess when we've done wrong. Does 3ABN, Danny, and his allies have trouble in that area? Do they instead deny wrongdoing at all costs?

Folks, the facts do stand for themselves, but some do not understand the facts as proven by the questions they have asked about different things. Making accusations without first knowing and understanding the facts was a very unwise thing to do.

Dona

This post has been edited by Dona: Mar 4 2008, 09:46 AM

+Quote Post
Shiny Penny
post Mar 4 2008, 10:12 AM
Post #250

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,486

QUOTE(Dona @ Mar 4 2008, 08:42 AM) *
Folks, the facts do stand for themselves, but some do not understand the facts as proven by the questions they have asked about different things. Making accusations without first knowing and understanding the facts was a very unwise thing to do.

Dona

Here here!

Well said, Dona.

Pickle is throwing out all sorts of allegations and then telling others to prove that the allegations are not true. Poor man. He needs to prove that what he is saying is true, but unfortuantely he cannot do so, so he wants to throw the onus onto others.

--------------------
--Shiny Penny--

My beloved friends, let us continue to love each other since love comes from God. Everyone who loves is born of God... The person who refuses to love doesn't know the first thing about God, because God is love—so you can't know him if you don't love. This is how God showed his love for us: God sent his only Son into the world so we might live through him. This is the kind of love we are talking about—not that we once upon a time loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as a sacrifice to clear away our sins and the damage they've done to our relationship with God. 1 John 4:7-10 (esaajr@asia.com)

+Quote Post
LaurenceD
post Mar 4 2008, 01:41 PM
Post #251

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Shiny Penny @ Mar 4 2008, 11:12 AM) *
Here here!

Not sure what you mean. That's not even an expression.

And it says something about your level of education, and perhaps qualifications.

Perhaps you mean "hear! hear!"

--------------------
Disclaimer Notice: You are hereby cautioned that the information contained within these posts are for the sole purpose of provoking thought, adding fair comment on matters of public interest, and not providing factual information. These posts do not reflect the actual thoughts or intentions of the person writing under this username since said person is not in any position to know. No effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of any personal view, opinion, or hyperbole presented. Therefore, by disclosing, copying, or distributing these posts to others, such information must subsequently be confirmed in writing, signed and dated, by the actual person, or persons, posting behind username LaurenceD.

+Quote Post
Dona
post Mar 4 2008, 02:04 PM
Post #252

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,296

QUOTE(LaurenceD @ Mar 4 2008, 02:41 PM) *

And it says something about your level of education, and perhaps qualifications.

I, for one, believe you know what it meant.

By the way, your arrogance is showing big time. Our Lord Jesus Christ, did not choose His followers because of their education or qualifications. He chooses those whom He knows will follow Him in loving obedience. So it should be with us. We should not look to what the world esteems, but to what our Lord esteems; those whom He can perfect into His character. These are they who will be ready to go with Him at His appearing.

Dona

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Mar 4 2008, 02:47 PM
Post #253

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 15

QUOTE(Dona @ Mar 4 2008, 03:04 PM) *
I, for one, believe you know what it meant.

By the way, your arrogance is showing big time. Our Lord Jesus Christ, did not choose His followers because of their education or qualifications. He chooses those whom He knows will follow Him in loving obedience. So it should be with us. We should not look to what the world esteems, but to what our Lord esteems; those whom He can perfect into His character. These are they who will be ready to go with Him at His appearing.

Dona

War is Peace; Freedom is Slavery; Ignorance is ...Righteousness? Wait a sec... that's not right; where is that copy of The Theory and Practice of Oligarchical Collectivism when you need it...

Keep striving, Dona; you'll become a member of the Inner Party any day now... a reward for your dedication to doublethink.

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
Shiny Penny
post Mar 4 2008, 09:54 PM
Post #254

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,486

QUOTE(LaurenceD @ Mar 4 2008, 12:41 PM) *

Shall I go back and edit my post to make the correction?

--------------------
--Shiny Penny--

My beloved friends, let us continue to love each other since love comes from God. Everyone who loves is born of God... The person who refuses to love doesn't know the first thing about God, because God is love—so you can't know him if you don't love. This is how God showed his love for us: God sent his only Son into the world so we might live through him. This is the kind of love we are talking about—not that we once upon a time loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as a sacrifice to clear away our sins and the damage they've done to our relationship with God. 1 John 4:7-10 (esaajr@asia.com)

+Quote Post
LaurenceD
post Mar 4 2008, 10:00 PM
Post #255

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Dona @ Mar 4 2008, 03:04 PM) *
Our Lord Jesus Christ, did not choose His followers because of their education or qualifications. He chooses those whom He knows will follow Him in loving obedience. So it should be with us. We should not look to what the world esteems, but to what our Lord esteems; those whom He can perfect into His character. These are they who will be ready to go with Him at His appearing.

Right. And that's the whole point...the character. You come here hiding in darkness, behing a mask of anonymity, pointing the finger at those who walk in openess...those who walk in the light of who they really are. You have the advantage of knowing who and what you have to deal with here. But, the only way we can draw out the real you is to search for your true character...the patterns of your behavior, your internet ettiquette, your contradictions, your seriousness as a student, whether you are what you claim to be, and your level of maturity and education.

Christ chose Paul as one of His follower because he was best suited for the cause. The book Education spells out the importance of getting fit for the cause. Some are best suited for passing out literature, others best suited for writing it...if you get my drift.

QUOTE(Shiny Penny)
Shall I go back and edit my post to make the correction?

No, I think there was no mistaking about your choice of words. The image is fixed.

--------------------

+Quote Post

31 Pages V  « < 15 16 17 18 19 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 10:44 AM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church