Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8572&st=420 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 02:50:08 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

49 Pages V  « < 27 28 29 30 31 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Danny Shelton Marries....again, 3abn
calvin
post Apr 27 2006, 12:07 PM
Post #421

site admin
Group Icon

Group: Owner
Member No.: 1

QUOTE(awesumtenor @ Apr 27 2006, 11:57 AM) [snapback]128247[/snapback]

He does owe one to the church, especially if he is going to continue to be a prominent face of the church. If you decided to up and shoot to Guam and divorce your wife for the reasons given and turn around and marry someone else in a matter of days, as an ordained elder in the Seventh-day Adventist church, you would at the very least have to explain that to the board and the church at large where your membership is held and your being a member in "good and regular standing" would be in jeopardy...at best. Danny Shelton appears to have avoided said scrutiny by using the carrot with some and the stick with others to make them the his party line and the church is doing it's best imitation of Sgt Schulz on Hogan's Heroes... "I zee nothink...." there are inconsistencies in this story that Stevie Wonder can see and yet a few people who tried to speak on it when this first started got stepped on... hard and the rest have been mum on the whole thing. We as Christians are supposed to be no respecters of persons, Calvin... so Danny Shelton cannot get a mulligan; this isn't Monopoly and there are no "get out of jail free" cards to be pulled from the Community Chest deck...

In His service,
Mr. J

We where talking about their divorce in Guam two years ago here. Did it just become final? Not so quicky. When his divorce was final, free man, marry whomever he wants too. Would you put him to the same test if his wife had died and he remarried right away?

I got way too much time on my hands today.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
simplysaved
post Apr 27 2006, 12:13 PM
Post #422

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 830

Interest from tangible and liquid assets that has accrued over time.... yes.gif

QUOTE(summertime @ Apr 27 2006, 12:32 PM) [snapback]128239[/snapback]

I am not an ex-3ABN empoyee. I have never been there. My heart has been broken by all that has happened. I have never met Linda. I do not know Danny, although he has written some very strange letters to me when I asked him just for the truth so I could know what to believe. Dr. Thompson has openly said that they have never accused Linda of Adultry. Somewhere in the church manual I have read something about abandonment. Linda went to Norway to help a son who would have died if his life had not been turned around. If she needed to speak to a counselor, why not the doctor when, if she spoke to a local counselor it would have been in all the Illinois Papers. I thought that was one reason why Danny went to Guam for the divorce--to keep it out of local papers. She did not abandon her job,--she was asked to leave and her hard drive was taken away from her.

The truth is, in reading all that I have read, I wonder how she could have worked there for 20 years and not been aware of the shady practices going on there. They say that he was in charge of finances and she was in charge of production. But was there no talk when Danny and Linda were at home about what was going on-?--Strange. However, , she was given the shaft when they wanted to get rid of her---That is obvious when you read the settlement contract which is posted on internet for all to read. They call Danny the founder of 3ABN--he was the co-founder and somewhere along the line that might be noted. Has anyone heard the phone calls? Or is taping phonecalls illegal? I do not care what Brandy looks like--the fact that she is beautiful (from her picture) has nothing to do with it. If Linda had been proven to be adultrous, I would feel that Danny had every right to remarry, even though it was so quickly done that something previously had to have happened. On the other hand, how in the world, (I have not ever heard anyone speak of this before) did the donor's money come into the rightful use when it was used to pay for a settlement to get rid of Linda. (Where else would have the money come from?)
And the thing that turned my way of thinking over, is the fact that she could not tell the truth of all that she knew about 3ABN. They must have something to hide. I believe that we will hear from the Norwegian doctor yet,---maybe not. I believe 'sisters' stories about what happened--but really, has anyone said that they are not true? Strange!!!

Summertine

--------------------
"No weapon formed against YOU (Sarah--and every Believer/Servant of God) shall prosper and every tongue that rises against you in judgement you will condemn...."--Isaiah 54:17

+Quote Post
Hersheys99
post Apr 27 2006, 12:16 PM
Post #423

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 1,672

We where talking about their divorce in Guam two years ago here. Did it just become final? Not so quicky. When his divorce was final, free man, marry whomever he wants too. Would you put him to the same test if his wife had died and he remarried right away?

I got way too much time on my hands toda

Well for starters getting divorced (man's laws say its okay) & God's is 2 different things. Plus comparing a divorce under said circumstances that he got his to a wife dying is apples to oranges. Can't even compare the two whatsoever.

Yes you do have way too much time on your hands today!! giggle.gif How much longer do you have before your flight leaves? scratchchin.gif

--------------------
My second favorite household chore is ironing. My first one being -- hitting my head on the top bunk bed until I faint.
-Erma Bombeck-

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut her up with cookies.
(Unknown)

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Apr 27 2006, 12:17 PM
Post #424

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 15

QUOTE(calvin @ Apr 27 2006, 01:07 PM) [snapback]128251[/snapback]

To the best of my understanding, the divorce was only filed recently in Guam because Guam will finalize in in a matter of days, even if it is contested.

If I am mistaken on that can someone better informed clarify?

2 years ago, the discussion was on Linda's being thrown under the bus at 3ABN but at that time the party line was that Danny was trying to "save his marriage" and up until this divorce was filed and granted, Linda was still making statements on her website consistent with that claim that attempts were still being made to work things out. He divorced Linda when he made the decision to marry Brandy...If Danny had filed in Guam 2 years ago, the divorce would have been a done deal in less than 72 hours after filing... even if linda contested it... and the severance agreement she signed with 3ABN virtually guaranteed she couldn't contest it.

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Apr 27 2006, 12:45 PM
Post #425

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(awesumtenor @ Apr 27 2006, 01:17 PM) [snapback]128256[/snapback]

To the best of my understanding, the divorce was only filed recently in Guam because Guam will finalize in in a matter of days, even if it is contested.

2 years ago, the discussion was on Linda's being thrown under the bus at 3ABN but at that time the party line was that Danny was trying to "save his marriage" and up until this divorce was filed and granted, Linda was still making statements on her website consistent with that claim that attempts were still being made to work things out. He divorced Linda when he made the decision to marry Brandy...If Danny had filed in Guam 2 years ago, the divorce would have been a done deal in less than 72 hours after filing... even if linda contested it... and the severance agreement she signed with 3ABN virtually guaranteed she couldn't contest it.

In His service,
Mr. J

You are right; browsing the archives of atoday they indicate he divorced her in July 2004... I missed that completely then and when it was mentioned recently in conjunction with his getting married, it seemed to me to be conjoined events.

That part aside, given the church's teaching on divorce and remarriage, he still has explaining to do, the fact that he wont get called on it notwithstanding.

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
beartrap
post Apr 27 2006, 12:52 PM
Post #426

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,659

The divorce was signed by a Guam judge in June of 2004. Linda immediately filed a contest in an Illinois court. Until February of 2006, Linda fought against the divorce and Danny fought for it. The Illinois judge ruled in favour of Danny, granting him the divorce that he had tried so hard to get, and gave 30 days from that date to consider it irrevokable. Once the 30 days were over, Danny got married. Linda is single and lives with her daughter in Springfield, IL.

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Apr 27 2006, 12:54 PM
Post #427

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(beartrap @ Apr 27 2006, 01:52 PM) [snapback]128265[/snapback]

The divorce was signed by a Guam judge in June of 2004. Linda immediately filed a contest in an Illinois court. Until February of 2006, Linda fought against the divorce and Danny fought for it. The Illinois judge ruled in favour of Danny, granting him the divorce that he had tried so hard to get, and gave 30 days from that date to consider it irrevokable. Once the 30 days were over, Danny got married. Linda is single and lives with her daughter in Springfield, IL.

ok... then i wasn't entirely off... the divorce was not deemed legal until 2 months ago and he didnt marry until one month ago...

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Apr 27 2006, 03:33 PM
Post #428

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

All purchassed and accrued from donor offerings..........remember we are talking aobut a non profit. 3ABN has no buisness paying off anyone with donated funds. Explain exactly how they can reconcile that as spreading the gospel?

Once again, unless Danny and 3ABN get a concious(sp), it will play out with Linda getting assets gained only from Danny/their $50,000.00 a year salary/salaries(dont' know what hers was or if she had one), and then you throw into the mix whether or not IL has "no fault" divorce. If no, you know it is ALL her fault, all that spiritual adultery. If yes, then she make get somthing kind of decent but nothing like what is fair and equitable. Now we know he has a huge house, horses, and other assets all pretty much "belonging" to 3ABN. We know that Linda signed an agreement in which she signed away all of her rights to anything belonging to 3ABN.

QUOTE(simplysaved @ Apr 27 2006, 11:13 AM) [snapback]128253[/snapback]

Interest from tangible and liquid assets that has accrued over time.... yes.gif

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
summertime
post Apr 27 2006, 03:36 PM
Post #429

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,655

QUOTE(awesumtenor @ Apr 27 2006, 12:17 PM) [snapback]128256[/snapback]

In His service,
Mr. J

Wait a minute. If Guam granted an immediate divorce 2 years ago and it was contested here in the state--(Illinois) when did the State of Illinois make it legal for Danny to remarry? When Guam granted the divorce, or when the state of Illinois recognized it in February? Could Danny have immediately remarried while the divorce was being contested? Sounds confusing to me.

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Apr 27 2006, 03:37 PM
Post #430

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

It is out of the question because it is not even what they are claiming she did wrong. It was an affair of the heart, so to speak. I guess that's what happens when you are on the phone too long.....
QUOTE(calvin @ Apr 27 2006, 09:30 AM) [snapback]128219[/snapback]

Why it got to be out of the question? Asking Linda would prove what? Linda has already denied adultery on her website, Danny says he has grounds on adultery. Like I said "she said/he said. Board chair in his letter somewhere here on BSDA implied that she was having an inapproiate long distance relationship by phone. That could be almost anything.

Look, as Clay used to say "I got no dog in this fight", I don't know either one of them, don't contribute to 3ABN or watch it much. All I see on BSDA is in defense of Linda. Just trying to be objective. Yall make is sound like no way Danny had biblical grounds for a devorce and he is now living in an adulterous relationship with his remarriage. Well none of yall was ON THE PHONE WITH LINDA AND THE GUY to know what they where talking about.

BTW, would you feel better about Danny if his new wife was old and ugly? I keep reading about his young and beautiful new wife.

With the delails you have provided about 3ABN's operations, you sound like a group of ex-employees with an axe to grind. Did everybody get their last check?

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
Zephyr
post Apr 27 2006, 04:29 PM
Post #431

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,556

QUOTE(awesumtenor @ Apr 27 2006, 11:57 AM) [snapback]128247[/snapback]

He does owe one to the church, especially if he is going to continue to be a prominent face of the church. If you decided to up and shoot to Guam and divorce your wife for the reasons given and turn around and marry someone else in a matter of days, as an ordained elder in the Seventh-day Adventist church, you would at the very least have to explain that to the board and the church at large where your membership is held and your being a member in "good and regular standing" would be in jeopardy...at best. Danny Shelton appears to have avoided said scrutiny by using the carrot with some and the stick with others to make them the his party line and the church is doing it's best imitation of Sgt Schulz on Hogan's Heroes... "I zee nothink...." there are inconsistencies in this story that Stevie Wonder can see and yet a few people who tried to speak on it when this first started got stepped on... hard and the rest have been mum on the whole thing. We as Christians are supposed to be no respecters of persons, Calvin... so Danny Shelton cannot get a mulligan; this isn't Monopoly and there are no "get out of jail free" cards to be pulled from the Community Chest deck...

In His service,
Mr. J

Mr J, thanks for speaking clearly and forcefully against this nonsense. Danny is not above the rules just because he helps many pastors, pastor's wives, sundry ministry leaders and GC personell wives make extra money on the side. This is more than about Danny. It is whether the SDA church will be consistent in its claim to be the last day people who really keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus. I am glad God has people like you who will not sell the truth for a few minutes of airtime, book deals, honorarium and fame...

This post has been edited by Zephyr: Apr 27 2006, 04:31 PM

--------------------
"I believe what my church teaches.
My church teaches what I believe.
My church and I believe the same thing."--The Apostate's Creed.

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post Apr 27 2006, 07:12 PM
Post #432

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 522

QUOTE(calvin @ Apr 27 2006, 12:07 PM) [snapback]128251[/snapback]

Would you put him to the same test if his wife had died and he remarried right away?

He's married again so don't give him any ideas.

+Quote Post
calvin
post Apr 27 2006, 07:31 PM
Post #433

site admin
Group Icon

Group: Owner
Member No.: 1

Regardless of when their divorce was final, what right does anybody have in telling Danny or anyone else what is the appropriate length of time I got to wait before I can remarry? So is it three months, one year? I got biblical grounds and now legally divorced, I would have told the hold church to go jump in the lake or something like that if they brought this nonsense up to me.

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Apr 27 2006, 08:29 PM
Post #434

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(calvin @ Apr 27 2006, 09:31 PM) [snapback]128300[/snapback]

Regardless of when their divorce was final, what right does anybody have in telling Danny or anyone else what is the appropriate length of time I got to wait before I can remarry? So is it three months, one year? I got biblical grounds and now legally divorced, I would have told the hold church to go jump in the lake or something like that if they brought this nonsense up to me.

Therein lies the rub; he didn't have biblical grounds and the church should have called him on it when he tried to claim he did.

You know if you or I tried to do what he's done we'd be facing church discipline... based on the church's stated position on divorce and remarriage.

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jvat
post Apr 27 2006, 09:35 PM
Post #435

Advanced Member

Member No.: 514

Yeah, Awesumtenor, you are right on the button. My great problem with all of this is that these christian leaders seem to be saying "Do as I say and not as I do". That my only point is in spreading the message of Jesus' good news by my WORDS and not so much by my ACTIONS and I have a serious problem with that. A serious one! When the crunch comes for these new converts, brought in by 3ABN, in their lives, will they simply follow Danny's example in their weak moments or will they look to Jesus and do the right thing?

Beartrap, I understand your need to be compassionate but if you believe that Linda did not commit adultery, how could it be alright for Danny to now be married to Brandy? Isn't there something wrong here? Should not Danny first admit that he was wrong?????? Because he is now married to Brandy, is that just OK?

+Quote Post

49 Pages V  « < 27 28 29 30 31 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 01:50 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church