Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8572&st=450 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 02:50:12 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

49 Pages V  « < 29 30 31 32 33 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Danny Shelton Marries....again, 3abn
calvin
post Apr 28 2006, 01:46 PM
Post #451

site admin
Group Icon

Group: Owner
Member No.: 1

QUOTE(statrei @ Apr 28 2006, 09:55 AM) [snapback]128341[/snapback]

The rest of us know that if that had been the case he would have used the resources of 3ABN to collect the evidence and accuse her of real adultery. They tracked her calls and all they could come up with was spiritual adultery. That is evidence that there was no such cheating. You don't go for a draw when you can get the win.

QUOTE(Zephyr @ Apr 28 2006, 02:01 PM) [snapback]128369[/snapback]

Well said.

More unfound speculation.

QUOTE(princessdi @ Apr 28 2006, 09:52 AM) [snapback]128340[/snapback]

We are speculating but mostly because Danny didn't say that. He has never come up her commiting adultery. What he basically accused her of was what they used to call an "affair of the heart", or alienation of affections. But at no time did he say adultery as it pertains to sex. Some how I believe he would have said it had he known it, and I don't think she would have gotten a dime. Plus there is just that nagging detail of them wanting her silenced...,for life it seems. If she was all that wrong, why do they need her silent? So it is to Danny's and 3ABN's own actions an words to which we are responding, and they say she was never unfaithful sexually.

On the surface Danny’s argument of “spiritual adultery” is weak. But just like Linda has not told you her side of the story, I don’t assume Danny has told all of his either. The COB’s letter implied much more.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Clay
post Apr 28 2006, 02:33 PM
Post #452

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(calvin @ Apr 28 2006, 02:46 PM) [snapback]128376[/snapback]

On the surface Danny’s argument of “spiritual adultery” is weak. But just like Linda has not told you her side of the story, I don’t assume Danny has told all of his either. The COB’s letter implied much more.

Of course its speculation, and true we don't know the complete story from either side, the COB is clearly biased as he should be, there are perks that come with being COB..... the fact remains, there is no such thing as "spiritual adultery." So Mr. Shelton did what he did based on something totally bogus... I am sure he will not undo it, and I am sure that he could care less that I am suggesting that his course of action was wrong, but it was.... He should have just said I don't want to be married to her, and moved on, I could stomach that better... but this excuse... it makes me wonder what other things he might dream up to accomplish his goal....

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
PaperTigers
post Apr 28 2006, 02:44 PM
Post #453

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,689

Exactly, if he'll just make up any old excuse to get his way.. what will he STOP at?? blink.gif

--------------------
~ Sometimes the hardest thing to do is the RIGHT thing!

~ Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt and dance like you would if no one was watching!
IPB Image

+Quote Post
calvin
post Apr 28 2006, 03:02 PM
Post #454

site admin
Group Icon

Group: Owner
Member No.: 1

This has been fun and an interesting exchange. But going into lurk mode on this subject. At 454 posts on this subject I know I have said everything that I need to be said without the risk of repeating myself, so I am moving on. Besides, these folks lives ain’t all that interesting to warren this much discussion.

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Apr 28 2006, 03:05 PM
Post #455

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 47

Oh yes, there is definitely more to it, and it is clear th ey don't want Linda telling it.......ever. To me that speaks of some guilt on Danny's part, not Linda's Danny's been talking the whole time able to tell all he wants. Sorry Fearless Leader, I just can't digest this one, not so much defending Linda, but defintiely strongly disagreeing with the actions of Danny and the 3ABN Board. No matter how wrong another person is, you have a choice especially as a Christian to do the right thing. Their actions were vindictive, cruel and unethical from the beginning. I just dont' agree.

QUOTE(calvin @ Apr 28 2006, 11:46 AM) [snapback]128376[/snapback]

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
Nuggie
post Apr 28 2006, 03:51 PM
Post #456

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 984

QUOTE(calvin @ Apr 28 2006, 04:02 PM) [snapback]128392[/snapback]

This has been fun and an interesting exchange. But going into lurk mode on this subject. At 454 posts on this subject I know I have said everything that I need to be said without the risk of repeating myself, so I am moving on. Besides, these folks lives ain’t all that interesting to warren this much discussion.

Well, this makes me feel a little less crazy...I just am not interested in or fascinated by this whole saga dunno.gif . Oh well.

--------------------
Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Apr 28 2006, 07:15 PM
Post #457

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 712

QUOTE(Clay @ Apr 28 2006, 03:33 PM) [snapback]128385[/snapback]

Of course its speculation, and true we don't know the complete story from either side, the COB is clearly biased as he should be, there are perks that come with being COB..... the fact remains, there is no such thing as "spiritual adultery." So Mr. Shelton did what he did based on something totally bogus... I am sure he will not undo it, and I am sure that he could care less that I am suggesting that his course of action was wrong, but it was.... He should have just said I don't want to be married to her, and moved on, I could stomach that better... but this excuse... it makes me wonder what other things he might dream up to accomplish his goal....

QUOTE(PaperTigers @ Apr 28 2006, 03:44 PM) [snapback]128389[/snapback]

Exactly, if he'll just make up any old excuse to get his way.. what will he STOP at?? blink.gif

Bof of yall - get out me head!
QUOTE(calvin @ Apr 28 2006, 04:02 PM) [snapback]128392[/snapback]

The only thing that makes me want to discuss it so is the fact that Shelton makes himself seem to be....so....righteous - yet he is a hot mess.

Most of us are attracted to watching the downfall of the high and mighty. That's kinda scary.

BTW: I'm waiting on the fall of Tom Cruise.....

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*
PrincessDrRe; March, 2007

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~
PrincessDrRe; September, 2007

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post
Woof
post Apr 28 2006, 11:38 PM
Post #458

Welcome Newbie

Member No.: 1,704

Some of the comments I’ve been reading here have been entertaining. For example, I’ve noticed there are a number of writers who are very concerned about whether Danny or Linda has committed, or been accused of, adultery. I, however, have not noticed anyone show the slightest concern about another commandment…..the one about bearing false witness! Maybe there is no interest because that finger points right back at them and they would rather deflect the attention to others! It is hard to feel superior to someone else if we take the time to look at our own failings, isn’t it?

Oh yes, some think they are being so clever….”I am just asking…..” and then they come up with the most off-the-wall question designed to make the readers think that statement must be true. Or they give their opinions, or they write about what they “heard.” I know this for sure: Danny and Linda will one day face God. I also know this for sure: so will each of us. I suggest that we all should be more concerned about our own face-to-face meeting with God and less about the latest dirt about Danny, Linda, 3ABN, or anyone/thing else. God, I trust, will be able to handle this situation easily enough in His own way and His own time. We do not do Him a service by all of this speculation, innuendo, untruths, and gossip. If God is happy with the work Danny is doing for Him at 3ABN, he stays. If God is unhappy, He knows exactly how to handle it and when.

Now, about the situation with Danny and Linda. I was curious so I asked one of the main characters in this drama (neither Danny nor Linda). Since I didn’t witness it I didn’t want to rely on information passed from one person to another. I got a first-hand answer from someone involved from the beginning. Here is what I was told:

Linda met the Norwegian doctor when he visited 3ABN.
She flew to Norway to receive treatment at his clinic.
She said she thought going to that clinic would be good for her son.
Her son went and then left.
Linda continued her contact with the doctor.
She spent hours on the phone with him many different times, often using calling cards.
When this personal relationship with the doctor was discovered she was asked by Danny to cease.
She said no.
The 3ABN board asked her to cease.
She said no.
Counselors in the Thompsonville SDA church, the Seventh-day Adventist church, and even outside the SDA denomination said it was an inappropriate relationship and asked her to cease.
She said no to each.
(By the way, I understand that the term “spiritual adultery” came from the non-SDA counselors in describing Linda’s relationship. It was not invented by Danny or the 3ABN board members.)
Linda continued talking on the phone and seeing the doctor in a relationship that went beyond any help he may have offered for her son.

Eventually, when she continued to refuse to stop this relationship, it resulted in the termination of her marriage and her employment at 3ABN. I understand that she continues to see this man to this day.

Now, I ask these questions: If this was your spouse, would you continue to allow him/her to have this kind of personal relationship, knowing they wouldn’t quit? If you chose to end the marriage, would it be fair of others to expect you to choose not to be married again?

I have a suggestion. Why don’t we spend our time fighting Satan instead of each other? He is the enemy, remember? None of us is perfect and we all make mistakes; even the heads of major ministries. You and I are fortunate that we don’t have the magnifying glasses focused on us like they are on everyone involved in this. I don’t think any of us could stand up to that kind of scrutiny, either. Especially the innuendo, gossip and speculation.

God put Danny in charge of 3ABN and I think we should let him run it in the best way he knows and stop tearing him, the board and the church apart. If God doesn’t like it He will fix it.

+Quote Post
Hersheys99
post Apr 29 2006, 12:36 AM
Post #459

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,672

Well your story don't gel with me. For one thing I have a problem with the statement of
She spent hours on the phone with him many different times, often using calling cards.

If she used calling cards it is not traceable & they would have no clue how long she spent on the phone nor to who.

Or they give their opinions, or they write about what they “heard.”

Isn't that exactly what you are doing? Going by what you "heard" since you never asked neither Danny or Linda? scratchchin.gif

I was curious so I asked one of the main characters in this drama (neither Danny nor Linda). Since I didn’t witness it I didn’t want to rely on information passed from one person to another. I got a first-hand answer from someone involved from the beginning

But of course that said person could well be someone that will do Danny's bidding regardless of if there is any truth in it or not. It seems funny there has not been any actual proof of anything they are accusing Linda of doing.

(By the way, I understand that the term “spiritual adultery” came from the non-SDA counselors in describing Linda’s relationship. It was not invented by Danny or the 3ABN board members.)

I'm sorry but I have NEVER Heard of the term before now or since from any other denomination.

IMO All this sounds nothing more than damage control for Danny. You notice nothing bad is ever said about Danny in any of this post its all how bad Linda is/was. I'm not upholding her by any means but I don't think it was just Linda.

God put Danny in charge of 3ABN and I think we should let him run it in the best way he knows and stop tearing him, the board and the church apart.

Wow so let him do whatever he wants to do & not answer to anyone. Sorry been there done that before with a Shelton in control before not going to happen. no.gif They are smooth talkers & can make you think the sun rises in the South!

--------------------
My second favorite household chore is ironing. My first one being -- hitting my head on the top bunk bed until I faint.
-Erma Bombeck-

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut her up with cookies.
(Unknown)

+Quote Post
Clay
post Apr 29 2006, 02:10 AM
Post #460

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 4

QUOTE(Woof @ Apr 29 2006, 12:38 AM) [snapback]128433[/snapback]

Some of the comments I’ve been reading here have been entertaining. For example, I’ve noticed there are a number of writers who are very concerned about whether Danny or Linda has committed, or been accused of, adultery. I, however, have not noticed anyone show the slightest concern about another commandment…..the one about bearing false witness! Maybe there is no interest because that finger points right back at them and they would rather deflect the attention to others! It is hard to feel superior to someone else if we take the time to look at our own failings, isn’t it? snip......

Oh yes, some think they are being so clever….”I am just asking…..” and then they come up with the most off-the-wall question designed to make the readers think that statement must be true. Or they give their opinions, or they write about what they “heard.” I know this for sure: Danny and Linda will one day face God.
God put Danny in charge of 3ABN and I think we should let him run it in the best way he knows and stop tearing him, the board and the church apart. If God doesn’t like it He will fix it.

Thank you for sharing the "official" version.... as we say here, "This ain't sabbath school, we pay attention...." If you choose to believe what you posted thats fine, however there are soooo many holes in what you wrote we can drive several semi-trucks through them.....

As far as 3ABN, how do you know that God has not prompted us to speak out against some of the foolishness we have observed? How do you know that we aren't a part of God' fixing it?

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
PaperTigers
post Apr 29 2006, 09:14 AM
Post #461

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,689

Well I can say as someone who has worked for 3ABN and also someone who has been close to the family... that I appreciate your comments Woof, but I have two eyes of my own and two ears. I have seen and heard more than I care to think about, and I would rather not leave the running of a good CHRISTIAN television station to someone like Danny.

--------------------
~ Sometimes the hardest thing to do is the RIGHT thing!

~ Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt and dance like you would if no one was watching!
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post Apr 29 2006, 11:11 AM
Post #462

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 522

Counselors in the Thompsonville SDA church, the Seventh-day Adventist church, and even outside the SDA denomination said it was an inappropriate relationship and asked her to cease.

I don't think any Adventist Church "counselors" recommended any such action as you suggest. This is especially true if, as you suggest, Linda was in Norway for her own "treatment" by a medical doctor.

Adventists have already had a very bad, very expensive, landmark experience along these lines. The current legal climate facing the Adventist Church is one reason this whole story about Adventist Church counselors - at all levels - agreeing with Danny Shleton and recommending that certain actions be taken falls completely apart .

There's also that unlikely story being circulated by 3ABN of Adventist leaders "being privy to hard evidence" and being in "full agreement" with Danny Shelton. Obviously, the folks relating these accounts are not reading current Adventist legal cases. Once again, the legal situation facing the Church is a reason why I have big doubts about the veracity of the "full agreement" on "hard evidence" spin.

The following two articles explain the current legal situation for "counselors" and why Danny and Linda, most likely, ended up going to licensed counselors outside the church. I sincerely doubt the Adventists dared to get involved.

Linda said that most of those mysterious "counselors" never existed. For legal reasons, as mentioned in the two articles, I don't think it is even possible that these Adventist counselors could have existed. The legal realities and the legal liability to the Church for unlicensed counseling supports Linda's contention.

(As a side note: I also take issue with licensed counselors revealing to anyone the confidential information of the Shelton couple, such as remarks of "spiritual adultery." Licensed counselors would not comment on their clients. Therefore, I doubt this happened, as well.)

"The Minnesota Court of Appeals has ruled that a church may be sued and held liable to a congregant arising from alleged wrongful conduct by its pastor when rendering secular counseling services. The Court rejected the church's contention that the constitutional prohibition on state entanglement in religious affairs barred the lawsuit. Thus, the court allowed the plaintiff to proceed to trial on his civil claims for money damages.

Although the case involves claims against a church, its holdings certainly apply to any religious institution as well as clergy of all faiths.

We have summarized the case below and provided recommendations to religious institutions for minimizing and managing the risk of such a claim.

Background Facts

These are the facts of the case set forth in the published opinion, Odenthal v. Minnesota Conference of Seventh-Day Adventists[b], et al, Nos. C1-01-278, C4-01-291, slip op. (Minn. Ct. App. Jan. 27, 2003). "

http://library.findlaw.com/2003/Feb/7/132534.html

For more information, also see:

http://www.freedomforum.org/templates/docu...ocumentID=16764

"The last point was at the heart of the [Minnesota] Supreme Court decision. Chief Justice Kathleen Blatz wrote that Rideout went beyond offering spiritual guidance and delved into psychotherapy[b].

The case stems from marital advice Odenthal and his wife, Diane, received over a few years from Rideout, their minister at Minnetonka Seventh-Day Adventist Church.

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Apr 29 2006, 11:38 AM
Post #463

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 47

Ok it has already been addressed that you are also only going by what you heard and from whom, so i don't have to go there. Well, maybe just to say, if they still t 3ABN then, of course you willge thte praty line. I agreed that you story also has a few holes, besides being old. We heard from the principles the first time around and didn't buy it then, and definitely not now.

Ok, so now we are on to the fact that God "placed" Danny in ch arge of 3ABN. While it maybe true that God "allowed" Danny to become head of 3ABN, this also means that Danny must also realize that he is answerable to God for his actions before God's people he has been chosen to lead. when you read your Bible there are many men that God chose to lead, however when they erred they did not get away with it. From Daul, who eventually lost the Guidance and blessing of God in his rule, to David who was repentant and forgiven, but still paid the severe consequences for his reprehensible actions, we see an example of what God wants in His leaders flawed though they may be.

At this point Danny is leaning strongly toward the Saul side of things. He is neither repentant nor humbled, but still arrogant in his sins, a byacting as if his actions are right. Unfortunately, for Danny, we don't know Linda's part in this was precisely, because she cannot speak, so all we have to go on are the actions and words of Danny, 3ABN board, and their supporters, and they have been highly unethical at least least, and totally unchristian. As christians we have the choice to do the right thing according to God, no matter the perceived offense. This is where I have a problem with Danny and 3ABN. As professed leaders and examples in [Adventist] Christian living, I expect better from them.

QUOTE(Woof @ Apr 28 2006, 09:38 PM) [snapback]128433[/snapback]

Some of the comments I’ve been reading here have been entertaining. For example, I’ve noticed there are a number of writers who are very concerned about whether Danny or Linda has committed, or been accused of, adultery. I, however, have not noticed anyone show the slightest concern about another commandment…..the one about bearing false witness! Maybe there is no interest because that finger points right back at them and they would rather deflect the attention to others! It is hard to feel superior to someone else if we take the time to look at our own failings, isn’t it?

Oh yes, some think they are being so clever….”I am just asking…..” and then they come up with the most off-the-wall question designed to make the readers think that statement must be true. Or they give their opinions, or they write about what they “heard.” I know this for sure: Danny and Linda will one day face God. I also know this for sure: so will each of us. I suggest that we all should be more concerned about our own face-to-face meeting with God and less about the latest dirt about Danny, Linda, 3ABN, or anyone/thing else. God, I trust, will be able to handle this situation easily enough in His own way and His own time. We do not do Him a service by all of this speculation, innuendo, untruths, and gossip. If God is happy with the work Danny is doing for Him at 3ABN, he stays. If God is unhappy, He knows exactly how to handle it and when.

Now, about the situation with Danny and Linda. I was curious so I asked one of the main characters in this drama (neither Danny nor Linda). Since I didn’t witness it I didn’t want to rely on information passed from one person to another. I got a first-hand answer from someone involved from the beginning. Here is what I was told:

Linda met the Norwegian doctor when he visited 3ABN.
She flew to Norway to receive treatment at his clinic.
She said she thought going to that clinic would be good for her son.
Her son went and then left.
Linda continued her contact with the doctor.
When this personal relationship with the doctor was discovered she was asked by Danny to cease.
She said no.
The 3ABN board asked her to cease.
She said no.
She said no to each.
Linda continued talking on the phone and seeing the doctor in a relationship that went beyond any help he may have offered for her son.

Eventually, when she continued to refuse to stop this relationship, it resulted in the termination of her marriage and her employment at 3ABN. I understand that she continues to see this man to this day.

Now, I ask these questions: If this was your spouse, would you continue to allow him/her to have this kind of personal relationship, knowing they wouldn’t quit? If you chose to end the marriage, would it be fair of others to expect you to choose not to be married again?

I have a suggestion. Why don’t we spend our time fighting Satan instead of each other? He is the enemy, remember? None of us is perfect and we all make mistakes; even the heads of major ministries. You and I are fortunate that we don’t have the magnifying glasses focused on us like they are on everyone involved in this. I don’t think any of us could stand up to that kind of scrutiny, either. Especially the innuendo, gossip and speculation.

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
Jvat
post Apr 29 2006, 12:03 PM
Post #464

Advanced Member

Member No.: 514

Woof, I agree with those others who see many gaping holes in your reported story. Linda says that she was attending to her son's crisis situation with the help of the doctor. You quote that she was seeing the doctor inspite of and I would like you to, recall also, that Danny's story makes absoultely NO mention of a son in crisis. Whose word should we believe? Why should we believe Danny over Linda? Why should he keep the son's serious situation totally out of the picture? Why????

And I agree with all that Princess Di has submitted in her last post.

God has given us the ability to think and not be MERE RELECTORS OF OTHER MEN'S THOUGHTS and when we see so-called leaders of God's church, monkeying around with the christian experience, we have to question it, should we not? After all, God, as per Jesus HIMSELF has asked us to "Let our light our light so shine before men so that they may see our good works and glorify our father in heaven." I have lots of doubts about how some of Danny's actions and his cover-ups are glorifying God. I am almost sick to the stomach!

The days of 'yardfowlism', blindly following leaders are surely now in the past. Please recall that blind following of their leaders (who claimed that they were put in charge by God) resulted in the deaths of both the WACO/David Koresh and Jim Jones' followers. Something to think about indeed!

This post has been edited by Jvat: Apr 29 2006, 12:09 PM

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Apr 29 2006, 12:25 PM
Post #465

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Member No.: 712

My whole thing still points to the ethical legality of it all....

If counselors are saying what she did - from COUNSELING SESSIONS - aren't those conversations supposed to be private and also guarded?

How is everything about Linda broadcasted on de internet and not a thang up in yer post about Danny.

I'm perplexed?

Danny! Is that you?
huh.gif

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*
PrincessDrRe; March, 2007

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~
PrincessDrRe; September, 2007

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post

49 Pages V  « < 29 30 31 32 33 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 01:50 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church