Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8960&st=0 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 12:13:05 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 3abn Booted From Sky Angel
Zephyr
post Apr 19 2006, 07:51 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,556

Sky Angel on the diosh Network DBS system has booted 3ABN. Many SDas like me got this satellite service only because of 3ABN and the constant advertising by our church.
Does anyopne know why 3ABN was taken off SkyAngel?

Gere is 3ABN's statement on this :
QUOTE(3ABN)
Sky Angel does not have a channel available for 3ABN at this time. Please join us in prayer that this problem is resolved soon and 3ABN channel may be restored to the package of TV channels.

Please don’t call them or us until we make any further announcements Thank you

--------------------
"I believe what my church teaches.
My church teaches what I believe.
My church and I believe the same thing."--The Apostate's Creed.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Apr 19 2006, 09:48 PM
Post #2

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

Ok so, my sister and I decided to go to the source - Sky Angel. there message is a lot less cryptic that the one on 3ABN.

Important alert from Sky Angel 4/16/06

Three of Sky Angel's channels are currently experiencing technical difficulties. The issue is being addressed in an effort to restore service on these channels as soon as possible. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
Seraphim7
post Apr 19 2006, 10:33 PM
Post #3

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 6

QUOTE(Zephyr @ Apr 19 2006, 10:51 PM) [snapback]127236[/snapback]

Sky Angel on the diosh Network DBS system has booted 3ABN. Many SDas like me got this satellite service only because of 3ABN and the constant advertising by our church.
Does anyopne know why 3ABN was taken off SkyAngel?

Gere is 3ABN's statement on this :

Who are these folks that they have the nerve to tell anyone not to call another organization? Sheeeesh

--------------------
WELCOME to BlackSDA from seraph|m, a BSDA Charter member.
Please Join us in The Married Forum and/or Sabbath School Lesson Study forums.

Then, come join us here, Live Chat Lesson Study ,for our Friday night study @ 8pm CST/9pm EST. The lesson can be found at Sabbath School Network (SSNET)

Motto- "Weapons of Mass Distraction, Have No Place Here. " "Qui tacet consentire videtur,"
Are not official staff mottos and are not endorsed by BSDA Management.

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Apr 20 2006, 04:21 PM
Post #4

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

There is apparently a problem, and Sky Angel is a lot more diplomatic thaan 3ABN(we are already familiar with their issues where damaga control is concerned). As has already been said, there must be some problem if 3ABN is not calling for a massive phone call campaign.
QUOTE(seraph|m @ Apr 19 2006, 08:33 PM) [snapback]127256[/snapback]

Who are these folks that they have the nerve to tell anyone not to call another organization? Sheeeesh

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
Clay
post Apr 20 2006, 04:24 PM
Post #5

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 4

QUOTE(princessdi @ Apr 20 2006, 05:21 PM) [snapback]127338[/snapback]

There is apparently a problem, and Sky Angel is a lot more diplomatic thaan 3ABN(we are already familiar with their issues where damaga control is concerned). As has already been said, there must be some problem if 3ABN is not calling for a massive phone call campaign.

maybe, maybe not... time will tell....

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Apr 20 2006, 04:29 PM
Post #6

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Well, you know Steve, I heard about this a couple of days before it was posted here. My Mom called me and I told here it was probabaly technical difficultites due to the tornados and storm activity in Illinios over last weekend. From Sky Angel's statement I am inclined to still believe it is technical difficulties, because it says three os it's ch annels are affected, not just 3ABN. However, there is 3ABN message that is putting some doubt in my reasoning.

As you said, time will tell......

QUOTE(Clay @ Apr 20 2006, 02:24 PM) [snapback]127340[/snapback]

maybe, maybe not... time will tell....

--------------------
TTFN
Di

+Quote Post
Guest_statrei_*
post Apr 20 2006, 04:38 PM
Post #7

Guests

QUOTE(princessdi @ Apr 20 2006, 05:21 PM) [snapback]127338[/snapback]

If the problem is due to technical difficulties what good would a phone call campaign do? The fact that they ask that no one calls points to technical difficulties.

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Apr 20 2006, 04:43 PM
Post #8

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

This is what I was thinking also,b ut why can 3ABn just say that? Sky Angel made it sound more like technical difficulties, 3ABN made it sound as if they had been dismissed and relplaced.

QUOTE(statrei @ Apr 20 2006, 03:38 PM) [snapback]127343[/snapback]

If the problem is due to technical difficulties what good would a phone call campaign do? The fact that they ask that no one calls points to technical difficulties.

--------------------
TTFN
Di

+Quote Post
Zephyr
post Apr 20 2006, 04:49 PM
Post #9

Advanced Member

I did notice that two other channels were showing "off air" like 3ABN. Originally 3ABN was not available in the channel lineup. Now it is back with an "off air" notice. The other Networks/channels are Eagle and another. Maybe it really is technical difficultiesbut I agree 3ABN left the impression there was something else at play.

This post has been edited by Zephyr: Apr 20 2006, 04:49 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
beartrap
post Apr 20 2006, 11:39 PM
Post #10

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,659

There are technical difficulties as Skyangel states, and there are likely other difficulties as 3ABN implies. Those satellites generally have a life of 10 to 15 years and Echostar-3 is starting to die. Unless Echostar can revive the malfunction on the satellite, Skyangel probably has no space to put 3ABN into another channel without booting another network. Unlike most other networks, 3ABN was able to get into Skyangel without paying because they sold so many Skyangel systems. In the past few years 3ABN has sold very few Skyangel systems as they focus more on the proprietary AMC-4 system. Also, the Skyangel management have long been upset by the "Catholic bashing," and the "Sunday is the mark of the beast" teachings on 3ABN. They have received many complaints from their other subscribers (Who constitute the vast majority). Most of the households who subscribed through 3ABN are on lifetime subscriptions, but many of the others pay monthly, so if the 3ABN subscribers get mad and leave, it should have very little financial impact on Skyangel.

In short, if they have to let one network go due to lack of space, Dominion Skyangel has some financial and theological reasons to drop 3ABN.

On the other hand, If Skyangel permanently drops 3ABN, it will likely give 3ABN the opportunity to seek carriage on Dishnetwork. Dishnetwork and Skyangel have a mutually exclusive agreement that gives Skyangel first dibs on all religious networks. Should they refuse to carry a religious network, only then can Dishnetwork consider it.

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Apr 20 2006, 11:43 PM
Post #11

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Just a quick update. Someone I believe who has Sky Angel says that 3ABN was back on as of today.

--------------------
TTFN
Di

+Quote Post
Guest_silsbee_bee_*
post Apr 21 2006, 05:12 AM
Post #12

Guests

They are technically back on, but no signal is showing.

DB

+Quote Post
Zephyr
post Apr 21 2006, 07:08 AM
Post #13

Advanced Member

As of 9:10 am today Fri Apr 21 3ABN is still "off air" due to "technical difficulties."
Beartrap thanks for this summary. You surely know the business. I always wondered what would happen when 3ABN/SDA church couldn't deliver new subscriptions to SkyAngel.
When I signed up some 8 years ago--lifetime sub...they did say it was a 14 year satellite (already opearting for some years)...so you might have a point there..

This post has been edited by Zephyr: Apr 21 2006, 07:12 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
higherground2003
post Apr 21 2006, 08:50 AM
Post #14

Advanced Member

Member No.: 255

Don't worry. If they haven't been kicked off, I am sure they will be kicked of by the end of May. . Just hold tight. afro.gif

+Quote Post
Clay
post Apr 21 2006, 09:00 AM
Post #15

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 4

QUOTE(higherground2003 @ Apr 21 2006, 08:50 AM) [snapback]127418[/snapback]

Don't worry. If they haven't been kicked off, I am sure they will be kicked of by the end of May. . Just hold tight. afro.gif

why is that?

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 11:13 AM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church