Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8960&st=30 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:41:12 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 3abn Booted From Sky Angel
princessdi
post Apr 21 2006, 09:15 PM
Post #31

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

Ok so i got on the website......But that's just about alll, I 'm with Calvin, I think it is overload.

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
simplysaved
post Apr 24 2006, 02:35 PM
Post #32

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 830

It really is not a big deal...during the Thanksgiving/Christmas season (or some time late last year/early this year), Sky Angel also dropped the Hallmark Channel over contract issues temporarily....it happens. They also posted the "technical difficulties excuse thing" . If I remember correctly, Hallmark also asked viewers NOT to contact Sky Angel.....

QUOTE(Zephyr @ Apr 19 2006, 07:51 PM) [snapback]127236[/snapback]

Sky Angel on the diosh Network DBS system has booted 3ABN. Many SDas like me got this satellite service only because of 3ABN and the constant advertising by our church.
Does anyopne know why 3ABN was taken off SkyAngel?

Gere is 3ABN's statement on this :

...3ABN is currently listed on the website as being a present part of the Sky
Angel package....

http://www.skyangel.com/Programming/Index....neup&Id=27&t=Tv

This post has been edited by simplysaved: Apr 24 2006, 02:36 PM

--------------------
"No weapon formed against YOU (Sarah--and every Believer/Servant of God) shall prosper and every tongue that rises against you in judgement you will condemn...."--Isaiah 54:17

+Quote Post
beartrap
post Apr 24 2006, 04:29 PM
Post #33

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,659

Unless an official announcement from 3ABN or skyangel comes out, stating difinitively that 3ABN has been dropped from the Skyangel lineup, we should assume that 3ABN will be back. There has been no real indication that I have seen anywhere that 3ABN is gone for good.

+Quote Post
Zephyr
post Apr 27 2006, 03:38 PM
Post #34

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,556

What's the latest? Does anyone know?

--------------------
"I believe what my church teaches.
My church teaches what I believe.
My church and I believe the same thing."--The Apostate's Creed.

+Quote Post
caribbean sda
post Apr 28 2006, 03:09 PM
Post #35

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,678

QUOTE(Clay @ Apr 21 2006, 11:00 AM) [snapback]127421[/snapback]

why is that?

I received this email from 3ABN

3ABN has sent you the following message:

TEN COMMANDMENT WEEKEND UPDATE: In the event 3ABN hasn't been restored on Sky Angel by May 5 & 6, Sky Angel has graciously agreed to air 3ABN on Channel 9702 from 7:00 PM ET to Midnight on May 5th and from 9:00 AM ET to 9:00 PM ET on May 6th.

--------------------
"Press on, regardless...what's to come is better than what's been...!"

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post Apr 29 2006, 11:35 PM
Post #36

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 522

A poster, MikeCTM2, at www.satelliteguys.us has posted an important new option concerning the Hope Channel. Check out his post here:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php...1062#post551062

The post mentions that:

A technician, Jeff, at the Hope Channel said that the dual LNBF [the inside horn of the satellite dish that grabs the satellite signal that bounces off the back of your satellite dish] is "in manufacture" and will be available soon.

The dual LNBF can pick up two satellites: AMC4 and IA5.

The MikeCTM2 post also says:

"We got the system at Hope Network because it was available with the receiver that can record programs while we are at work. The 3ABN system is cheaper but does not record programs for later viewing."

Hope Channel Telephone Number given at Satelliteguys.us : (866-552-6728)

+Quote Post
calvin
post Apr 29 2006, 11:57 PM
Post #37

site admin
Group Icon

Group: Owner
Member No.: 1

Ireally want Hope TV to be more available. Will this put Hope on Sky Angel, Dish Network, or Direct TV? Just what does this mean?

QUOTE(Panama_Pete @ Apr 29 2006, 11:35 PM) [snapback]128506[/snapback]

A poster, MikeCTM2, at www.satelliteguys.us has posted an important new option concerning the Hope Channel. Check out his post here:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php...1062#post551062

The post mentions that:

A technician, Jeff, at the Hope Channel said that the dual LNBF [the inside horn of the satellite dish that grabs the satellite signal that bounces off the back of your satellite dish] is "in manufacture" and will be available soon.

The dual LNBF can pick up two satellites: AMC4 and IA5.

The MikeCTM2 post also says:

"We got the system at Hope Network because it was available with the receiver that can record programs while we are at work. The 3ABN system is cheaper but does not record programs for later viewing."

Hope Channel Telephone Number given at Satelliteguys.us : (866-552-6728)

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post Apr 30 2006, 01:14 AM
Post #38

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 522

QUOTE(calvin @ Apr 29 2006, 11:57 PM) [snapback]128507[/snapback]

I really want Hope TV to be more available. Will this put Hope on Sky Angel, Dish Network, or Direct TV? Just what does this mean?

This is FTA - Free to Air television. No subscription needed to any of the three systems you mentioned above to get the free channels.

This means that if you have your satellite dish pointed at AMC-4, you can get all of the "free to air stations" available on that satellite, plus a bunch more channels on IA-5, if you have the new satellite dish system from Hope Channel. You can record stuff while you are away, as well.

However, up until now, many people were limited to having their satellite dish pointed to just one satellite, AMC-4

As I understand it, a dual LNBF system allows you to get signals from two FTA satellites at once. This is because IA-5 is at 97 degrees west longitude, and AMC4 is at 101 degrees west longitude, (relatively close to each other in the sky).

This means you can sit in your house and watch all of the FTA channels on these two satellites with the newer system from Hope TV, without monkeying with your satellite dish located up on the roof.

This type of system will give Hope Channel more availability to non-adventist FTA viewers, generally, who normally watch the TV and Radio channels on IA-5. If non-adventists buy a system like this, they can also watch the channels on AMC-4.

I found a Web page that has more information, generally, about available FTA channels, subject to change without notice (and other technical errors).

http://www.glorystar.tv/page/show/7

Focus on the listings for the two satellites mentioned: AMC 4 and Intelsat Americas 5.

I think this is a really good option for some viewers, since the Sky Angel (Echostar 3) satellite seems to be nearing the end of its useful life.

Sign up for the newletter at Hope (located on the upper left-hand corner of their page).

Click here for Hope TV on the Internet

This post has been edited by Panama_Pete: Apr 30 2006, 01:26 AM

+Quote Post
calvin
post May 1 2006, 09:25 PM
Post #39

site admin
Group Icon

Group: Owner
Member No.: 1

The longer 3abn stays off Sky Angel, the more I am inclined to believe it is more than technical problems. Time will tell. This has to have started hurting them financially. Why donate if you are not receiving the service.

+Quote Post
beartrap
post May 2 2006, 02:08 AM
Post #40

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,659

QUOTE(calvin @ May 1 2006, 10:25 PM) [snapback]128699[/snapback]

The longer 3abn stays off Sky Angel, the more I am inclined to believe it is more than technical problems. Time will tell. This has to have started hurting them financially. Why donate if you are not receiving the service.

A genuine concern. Viewers are fickle, and their donations are based largely on actually seeing the programs, and liking what they see.

+Quote Post
Zephyr
post May 2 2006, 10:48 AM
Post #41

Advanced Member

QUOTE(calvin @ May 1 2006, 09:25 PM) [snapback]128699[/snapback]

It is clear to any clear thinking person that the problem includes more than mere technical issues. Considering the apparent lavish lifestyles and the Jim and Tammy Baker-like shuttling expenses I agree it is hurting Danny...
thanksfully the preaching of the Gospel goes on in more direct and less and costly ways...with people who are known in their communitties by those to whom they preach...
If 3ABN never came back I would miss some good programming but overall it would be a blessing not to have to put up with Danny's foolishness for all the world to see.

--------------------

+Quote Post
denisebyers
post May 2 2006, 11:05 AM
Post #42

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,654

QUOTE(Zephyr @ May 2 2006, 12:48 PM) [snapback]128792[/snapback]

It is clear to any clear thinking person that the problem includes more than mere technical issues. Considering the apparent lavish lifestyles and the Jim and Tammy Baker-like shuttling expenses I agree it is hurting Danny...
thanksfully the preaching of the Gospel goes on in more direct and less and costly ways...with people who are known in their communitties by those to whom they preach...
If 3ABN never came back I would miss some good programming but overall it would be a blessing not to have to put up with Danny's foolishness for all the world to see.

My hubby and I sensed that when it went off the air. Sure, it could be some tech problems, but it all boils down that God is the one who is in control. When Danny announced his new bride on 3ABN, and we seen that, my husband told me that (he didn't know what was going on)if Danny was not right in getting married again, something would happen. We thought maybe people would stop giving donations, or Danny would have to resign. Shortly after that, 3ABN went off the air on sky angel. I believe God is in control, and if he wants this back in air, He will do it. As someone said, time will tell.....

This post has been edited by denisebyers: May 2 2006, 01:59 PM

+Quote Post
Zephyr
post May 2 2006, 11:11 AM
Post #43

Advanced Member

QUOTE(beartrap @ May 2 2006, 02:08 AM) [snapback]128729[/snapback]

A genuine concern. Viewers are fickle, and their donations are based largely on actually seeing the programs, and liking what they see.

Which makes it clear that 3ABN is TV and not Ministry!
If it is ministry it will continue to minister. If it's just TV then as the plug is pulled the party stops.

--------------------

+Quote Post
denisebyers
post May 2 2006, 11:13 AM
Post #44

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,654

QUOTE(Zephyr @ May 2 2006, 01:11 PM) [snapback]128796[/snapback]

If it is ministry it will continue to minister. If it's just TV then as the plug is pulled the party stops.

Now that is deep...... yes.gif

+Quote Post
Clay
post May 2 2006, 11:48 AM
Post #45

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(Zephyr @ May 2 2006, 12:11 PM) [snapback]128796[/snapback]

I have learned long ago that just because someone says "its my ministry" does not make it so....

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:41 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church