Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8960&st=15 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:41:10 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 3abn Booted From Sky Angel
PaperTigers
post Apr 21 2006, 09:01 AM
Post #16

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,689

This is an e-mail I just recieved from a friend

Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 14:22:16 -0500

Subject: 3ABN NEWSFLASH - PLEASE READ AND FORWARD TO EVERYONE YOU CAN!

JUST RELEASED FOR ANNOUNCEMENT BY 3ABN DIRECTOR OF BROADCASTING, MOSES PRIMO:

"After a satellite technical problem was resolved, Sky Angel decided NOT to restore the 3ABN
channel on their package of channels. We encourage everyone to let Sky Angel know that you want 3ABN back on. They are not even answering the 888 number, but if you call

239-403-9130

and wait for the operator, you may voice your opinion or you may write to the following address:

Sky Angel, PO Box 7609, Naples, FL 34101

or e-mail to: webmaster@skyangel.com

by Moses 4/19/06 "

Not sure exactly what's going on... but it is rather interesting blink.gif

--------------------
~ Sometimes the hardest thing to do is the RIGHT thing!

~ Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt and dance like you would if no one was watching!
IPB Image
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Zephyr
post Apr 21 2006, 09:14 AM
Post #17

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,556

Sky Angel does not have a channel available for 3ABN at this time. Please join us in prayer that this problem is resolved soon and 3ABN channel may be restored to the package of TV channels.
PaperTigers, 3ABN does not have any such statement on their website. If this email is genuine I guess we will soon see something on the website.

But based on the above quote which i just took from the 3ABN ws it is clear 3ABN has been booted. Obviously it is a technical "issue" but not a technical "difficulty." 3ABN has been dropped! Period!! kicked...sacked...given the boot...thrown out...

This post has been edited by Zephyr: Apr 21 2006, 09:15 AM

--------------------
"I believe what my church teaches.
My church teaches what I believe.
My church and I believe the same thing."--The Apostate's Creed.

+Quote Post
beartrap
post Apr 21 2006, 09:50 AM
Post #18

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,659

Several of us who had to deal with Skyangel administration while at 3ABN have long expected that 3ABN's days on Skyangel were numbered, and that the number was rapidly dwindling. However, until Skyangel says that 3ABN is off for good, there is always a chance it will be back.

+Quote Post
Rand856
post Apr 21 2006, 11:47 AM
Post #19

Welcome Newbie

Member No.: 1,646

QUOTE(beartrap @ Apr 21 2006, 09:50 AM) [snapback]127433[/snapback]

Several of us who had to deal with Skyangel administration while at 3ABN have long expected that 3ABN's days on Skyangel were numbered, and that the number was rapidly dwindling. However, until Skyangel says that 3ABN is off for good, there is always a chance it will be back.

I just received this confirmation from Sky Angel that 3ABN will return.

"it's a technical problem that is being worked on- the 3 channels (including 3ABN) will be back"

This post has been edited by Rand856: Apr 21 2006, 11:51 AM

+Quote Post
Fran
post Apr 21 2006, 07:48 PM
Post #20

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 529

QUOTE(Rand856 @ Apr 21 2006, 11:47 AM) [snapback]127443[/snapback]

I just received this confirmation from Sky Angel that 3ABN will return.

"it's a technical problem that is being worked on- the 3 channels (including 3ABN) will be back"

I am no longer able to get 3ABN on the web. Anyone else have a problem, or is it just me? I can get everyone else. dunno.gif

--------------------
The greatest want of the world is the want of men-- men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall. {Ed 57.3}
But such a character is not the result of accident; it is not due to special favors or endowments of Providence. A noble character is the result of self-discipline, of the subjection of the lower to the higher nature--the surrender of self for the service of love to God and man. {Ed 57.4}

+Quote Post
sister
post Apr 21 2006, 07:52 PM
Post #21

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 762

QUOTE(Fran @ Apr 21 2006, 08:48 PM) [snapback]127473[/snapback]

I am no longer able to get 3ABN on the web. Anyone else have a problem, or is it just me? I can get everyone else. dunno.gif

I just checked it out and had no difficulity receiving it over the Web.

+Quote Post
denisebyers
post Apr 21 2006, 07:56 PM
Post #22

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,654

My hubby had no problem getting it over the web on his laptop, but I did. I am going to try again.
QUOTE(sister @ Apr 21 2006, 08:52 PM) [snapback]127474[/snapback]

I just checked it out and had no difficulity receiving it over the Web.

+Quote Post
Fran
post Apr 21 2006, 08:14 PM
Post #23

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(denisebyers @ Apr 21 2006, 07:56 PM) [snapback]127475[/snapback]

My hubby had no problem getting it over the web on his laptop, but I did. I am going to try again.

I tried again. I clicked and clicked until they let me slip through. I got the Home Page, but it has no graphics except the Title Bar with Danny's pic. No other graphics would appear. No links are working. Everytime I click a link, I am thrown off. I clicked the Back key and tried every link.

Nope, nope, nope.

QUOTE(denisebyers @ Apr 21 2006, 07:56 PM) [snapback]127475[/snapback]

I tried again. I clicked and clicked until they let me slip through. I got the Home Page, but it has no graphics except the Title Bar with Danny's pic. No other graphics would appear. No links are working. Everytime I click a link, I am thrown off. I clicked the Back key and tried every link.

Nope, nope, nope.

--------------------
The greatest want of the world is the want of men-- men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall. {Ed 57.3}
But such a character is not the result of accident; it is not due to special favors or endowments of Providence. A noble character is the result of self-discipline, of the subjection of the lower to the higher nature--the surrender of self for the service of love to God and man. {Ed 57.4}

+Quote Post
denisebyers
post Apr 21 2006, 08:19 PM
Post #24

Advanced Member

Yup, I am having a problem now too. I can't even go to the website. It won't go. My husband said it's probably due to all the traffic. There's probably so many people trying to get on as well.

QUOTE(Fran @ Apr 21 2006, 10:14 PM) [snapback]127476[/snapback]

Nope, nope, nope.

Nope, nope, nope.

+Quote Post
Hersheys99
post Apr 21 2006, 08:19 PM
Post #25

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,672

(Fran @ Apr 21 2006, 08:48 PM) *

I can't get it either. It keeps saying its loading but it has been loading for like 5 minutes now & nothing is coming up.

This post has been edited by Hersheys99: Apr 21 2006, 08:21 PM

--------------------
My second favorite household chore is ironing. My first one being -- hitting my head on the top bunk bed until I faint.
-Erma Bombeck-

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut her up with cookies.
(Unknown)

+Quote Post
denisebyers
post Apr 21 2006, 08:25 PM
Post #26

Advanced Member

With me, when I type in www.3abn.org, it doesn't even go there, it goes to AOL Search results for 3abn. Strange.

QUOTE(Hersheys99 @ Apr 21 2006, 10:19 PM) [snapback]127478[/snapback]

I can't get it either. It keeps saying its loading but it has been loading for like 5 minutes now & nothing is coming up.

+Quote Post
Fran
post Apr 21 2006, 08:35 PM
Post #27

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(denisebyers @ Apr 21 2006, 08:19 PM) [snapback]127477[/snapback]

Yup, I am having a problem now too. I can't even go to the website. It won't go. My husband said it's probably due to all the traffic. There's probably so many people trying to get on as well.

I was really persistant. I have clicked for 35 minutes and finally got the current programming. It is a re-run.

But, I did get in, finally!

--------------------

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Apr 21 2006, 08:37 PM
Post #28

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Member No.: 712

It won't load with me either.... interesting - I wonder why.....?

dunno.gif

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*
PrincessDrRe; March, 2007

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~
PrincessDrRe; September, 2007

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post
calvin
post Apr 21 2006, 08:50 PM
Post #29

site admin
Group Icon

Group: Owner
Member No.: 1

QUOTE(PrincessDrRe @ Apr 21 2006, 09:37 PM) [snapback]127481[/snapback]

It won't load with me either.... interesting - I wonder why.....?

dunno.gif

overload of their bandwidth. Not enough connections. Everybody trying to get on the Internet with the satellite gone.

+Quote Post
summertime
post Apr 21 2006, 09:06 PM
Post #30

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,655

QUOTE(Fran @ Apr 21 2006, 09:14 PM) [snapback]127476[/snapback]

Nope, nope, nope.

Nope, nope, nope.

I live in the state of Missouri---all evening I have been trying to get the website----I can get the home page--barely, but none of the links will come through. I have been trying for over an hour. We thought that maybe they were working on the website, and I keep getting the fact that the page is unavailable. Anybody gotten it yet? It is now 10:02 on Friday Night CST.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:41 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church