Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8960&st=60 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:41:15 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 3abn Booted From Sky Angel
summertime
post Jun 3 2006, 10:56 AM
Post #61

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,655

QUOTE(meadbd @ Jun 2 2006, 05:52 PM) [snapback]133256[/snapback]

Just received this in an email from Sky Angel...
=====================================================
Update regarding 3ABN, Golden Eagle and SPIRIT

Sky Angel subscribers can expect to receive via mail later this month
a letter with an update regarding Three Angels Broadcasting Network,
Golden Eagle Broadcasting and SPIRIT Television.
=====================================================

THis Morning-June3---I searched Sky Angel and I found the following: On Channel 9701 at 8:00 AM 3ABN Presents will be shown on June 5 and On June 12. Kids Time will be shown on 9702 at 2:00PM on June 5-9 and June 12-16. Teen Pathways will also be shown on 9702 at 4:30PM on June 6 and on June 13. In case anyone wants to watch--this is what they have scheduled.

This post has been edited by summertime: Jun 3 2006, 09:13 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Hersheys99
post Jun 4 2006, 08:50 PM
Post #62

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 1,672

This is off of 3ABN's website. Interesting not only are they off SkyAngel but it looks like they are no longer on in India via cable companies or DISH network.

Sky Angel Update

NOTICE TO VIEWERS THAT WERE WATCHING 3ABN WITH SKY ANGEL SYSTEM ONLY.

Since April 14th, 2006, the 3ABN viewers using Sky Angel subscription, lost the ability to watch 3ABN channel on their system. The reason for it was a sudden loss of one transponder of the satellite EchoStar III. This satellite transponder broadcasts 10 of the 33 channels that Sky Angel offers. A few days later, Sky Angel was able to get only seven channels back on the air. Unfortunately for us, they chose 3ABN to be one of the three channels that were not going to be re-instated on the satellite backup transponder. Since then, Sky Angel has been working with EchoStar to try to get the other three channels back on the satellite but last Friday, May 26, we received the final word from Sky Angel that their negotiations with EchoStar had finished without getting the satellite space for the other 3 channels. Therefore, it is a final decision that 3ABN will not be back on the Sky Angel System. Although it is beyond our control, we apologize for this inconvenience to our Sky Angel viewers. The Life Time subscription that some of you purchased, is still valid and you can continue to watch the other channels Sky Angel has to offer. If you want to continue watching 3ABN, the only offer we have at this time is our own satellite system that is sold for $199.00. If you want to purchase one, please click here.
Cable & Dish Network Notice

NOTICE TO VIEWERS THAT WERE WATCHING 3ABN IN INDIA VIA CABLE COMPANIES OR DISH NETWORK, ONLY

3ABN has been broadcasting for several years covering the country of India via Thaicom-3 satellite. Additionally, last year we made some agreement with Dish Network in India for them to carry our channel on their system to all of their subscribers, as well as many cable companies that carry 3ABN on their systems. Unfortunately, the department of Information & Broadcasting Ministry of India mandated that all broadcasters in India must acquire a broadcasting license before they could broadcast any material in India. The cut off date was May 25, 2006, so they have stopped broadcasting 3ABN on the Dish Network and cable companies because 3ABN was not able to secure the license yet. The Government demands several requirements before one can get this license and 3ABN is in the process of fulfilling these requirements and then applying for this license. We don't have a date as to when we will receive this license, but we apologize for this inconvenience to the viewers in India, which is beyond our control. We are praying and do ask you to join in our prayers that we can resume our broadcast soon on the cable systems and Dish Network in India.

This post has been edited by Hersheys99: Jun 4 2006, 08:51 PM

--------------------
My second favorite household chore is ironing. My first one being -- hitting my head on the top bunk bed until I faint.
-Erma Bombeck-

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut her up with cookies.
(Unknown)

+Quote Post
Fran
post Jun 5 2006, 01:11 PM
Post #63

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 529

Gregory Matthrews posted this on CA.

The following is taken directly from the 3-ABN website:

Cable & Dish Network Notice
NOTICE TO VIEWERS THAT WERE WATCHING 3ABN IN INDIA VIA CABLE COMPANIES OR DISH NETWORK, ONLY

3ABN has been broadcasting for several years covering the country of India via Thaicom-3 satellite. Additionally, last year we made some agreement with Dish Network in India for them to carry our channel on their system to all of their subscribers, as well as many cable companies that carry 3ABN on their systems. Unfortunately, the department of Information & Broadcasting Ministry of India mandated that all broadcasters in India must acquire a broadcasting license before they could broadcast any material in India. The cut off date was May 25, 2006, so they have stopped broadcasting 3ABN on the Dish Network and cable companies because 3ABN was not able to secure the license yet. The Government demands several requirements before one can get this license and 3ABN is in the process of fulfilling these requirements and then applying for this license. We don't have a date as to when we will receive this license, but we apologize for this inconvenience to the viewers in India, which is beyond our control. We are praying and do ask you to join in our prayers that we can resume our broadcast soon on the cable systems and Dish Network in India.

This Indian Government imposition does not affect a private person purchasing a 3 meter C Band satellite dish and receive 3ABN direct from our satellite Thaicom-3. The parameters for tuning your satellite receiver to the 3ABN channel is as follows:

3ABN on Thaicom-3

C Band
Position: 78.5° East
Transponder: 6G Global Beam
Frequency: 3,640 MHz
Polarity: Horizontal
Symbol rate: 28,066 Msym/s
F.E.C.: 3/4

As you will note, 3-ABN hopes to soon resolve the issues and to be back on the air in India again.

--------------------
The greatest want of the world is the want of men-- men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall. {Ed 57.3}
But such a character is not the result of accident; it is not due to special favors or endowments of Providence. A noble character is the result of self-discipline, of the subjection of the lower to the higher nature--the surrender of self for the service of love to God and man. {Ed 57.4}

+Quote Post
GrammieTana
post Apr 16 2007, 09:49 PM
Post #64

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,934

Did anybody else see this?

In the April, 2007, issue of Adventist World on page 31, there is an advertisement for the Hope Channel Dish. They are highlighting the 'Seventh Day' series, 'Revelations from the Lost Pages of History.'

At the bottom of the advertisement there are three 3ABN icons showing that they, along with LLBN, Lifetalk Radio, Radio 74 and ACN are going to be on the Hope Channel.

What does that say about their relationship with 3ABN? Does it mean that there is a chance that the church will take it over, or only that they are working with Danny?

What are your thoughts, people? uhm.gif Does anyone have information explaining this?

GT

+Quote Post
mozart
post Apr 16 2007, 10:11 PM
Post #65

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,207

the 3abn 30"dish brings in most of those channels too. i think it is just the same dish system and receiver that brings in all those stations because they are all bounced off the same sattelite. i don't think it means there is any relationship going on. just my opinion tho'

QUOTE(GrammieTana @ Apr 16 2007, 09:49 PM) [snapback]191678[/snapback]

Did anybody else see this?

In the April, 2007, issue of Adventist World on page 31, there is an advertisement for the Hope Channel Dish. They are highlighting the 'Seventh Day' series, 'Revelations from the Lost Pages of History.'

At the bottom of the advertisement there are three 3ABN icons showing that they, along with LLBN, Lifetalk Radio, Radio 74 and ACN are going to be on the Hope Channel.

What does that say about their relationship with 3ABN? Does it mean that there is a chance that the church will take it over, or only that they are working with Danny?

What are your thoughts, people? uhm.gif Does anyone have information explaining this?

GT

This post has been edited by mozart: Apr 16 2007, 10:12 PM

--------------------
Thess. 2:16-17 - Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself, and our God and Father, who has loved us and given us everlasting consolation and good hope by grace, comfort your hearts and establish you in every good word and work."

[quote: fine art]

"
Instead we seem to be using sensationalism, emotionalism, moving lights and motivational speakers that are prepared to manipulate, by well chosen words, the minds of the listeners.
It used to be, messages that were given by our pioneers were wrenched from the depths of the heart by the Holy Spirit.
Humor was not added to get that laugh of entertainment. Drama was not introduced behind the sacred desk to glue your attention.

Man's Rationale has replaced a cry for God's wisdom."

"How To Be Free From Bitterness" ( booklet written by Jim Wilson of Community Christian Ministries, Moscow, Idaho - E-mail: ccm@moscow.com )

+Quote Post
Rosyroi
post Apr 17 2007, 01:03 PM
Post #66

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,536

I have 3ABN satellite dish and I get all the channels listed except LLBN. I also get the radio stations.
I understand HOPE satellite dish does carry LLBN though.

My local cable carries Blue Mountain Tv that carries HOPE.
On Sabbath LLBN is offered by BMT (not sure if HOPE carries it also) almost all day.
The rest of the week BMT does not carry LLBN. sad.gif I don't know what LLBN offers Sunday to Friday.

Your bet bet is to purchase for the same price(you would pay for 3ABN dish) the HOPE dish if you want to watch LLBN.

I agree with mozart.

Rosyroi

--------------------

"Joy, Love, Peace, Long Suffering, Gentleness, Goodness, Faith, Meekness, and Self Control are what being full of the Holy Spirit is all about." Galations 5.

"Don't waste your time waiting and longing for large opportunities which may never come, but faitfully handle the little things that are always claiming your attention..." F.B. Meyers

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B. 2007

"For GOD so LOVED you and me..." John 3:16

"I believe that there is a devil, and here's Satan's agenda. First, he doesn't want anyone having kids. Secondly, if they do conceive, he wants them killed.
If they're not killed through abortion, he wants them neglected or abused physically, emotionally, sexually...One way or another, the legions of hell want to destroy children because children become the future adults and leaders. If they (legions) can warp or wound a child, he or she becomes a warped or wounded adult who passes on this affliction to the next generation". -Terry Randall in TIME Magazine, October 21, 1991

+Quote Post
dkay
post Apr 22 2007, 09:25 AM
Post #67

Welcome Newbie

Member No.: 2,968

QUOTE(Zephyr @ May 2 2006, 11:48 AM) [snapback]128792[/snapback]

It is clear to any clear thinking person that the problem includes more than mere technical issues. Considering the apparent lavish lifestyles and the Jim and Tammy Baker-like shuttling expenses I agree it is hurting Danny...
thanksfully the preaching of the Gospel goes on in more direct and less and costly ways...with people who are known in their communitties by those to whom they preach...
If 3ABN never came back I would miss some good programming but overall it would be a blessing not to have to put up with Danny's foolishness for all the world to see.

I agree with your comments regarding Danny's lavish lifestyle like the expensive leased jet that he flies around from place to place in. I wonder what other SDA ministry or conference or even the GC has such a jet. I have never heard about any other church official or self-supporting ministry using donated funds to lease or fuel or pilot such a jet from place to place.

+Quote Post
inga
post Apr 22 2007, 09:40 AM
Post #68

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 577

QUOTE(Rosyroi @ Apr 17 2007, 02:03 PM) [snapback]191762[/snapback]

I have 3ABN satellite dish and I get all the channels listed except LLBN. I also get the radio stations.
I understand HOPE satellite dish does carry LLBN though.

We used to get LLBN here on the 3ABN dish until a few months ago.

Now, inexplicably, we can't get it any more.

Has anyone else had the same experience?

+Quote Post
mozart
post Apr 22 2007, 04:01 PM
Post #69

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,207

i have been told that the LLBN signal is so weak that it's hard to zero in on it. you might try moving your UMB just a teensy bit. (that's a technical term giggle.gif )
QUOTE(inga @ Apr 22 2007, 09:40 AM) [snapback]192439[/snapback]

We used to get LLBN here on the 3ABN dish until a few months ago.

Now, inexplicably, we can't get it any more.

Has anyone else had the same experience?

--------------------
Thess. 2:16-17 - Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself, and our God and Father, who has loved us and given us everlasting consolation and good hope by grace, comfort your hearts and establish you in every good word and work."

[quote: fine art]

"
Instead we seem to be using sensationalism, emotionalism, moving lights and motivational speakers that are prepared to manipulate, by well chosen words, the minds of the listeners.
It used to be, messages that were given by our pioneers were wrenched from the depths of the heart by the Holy Spirit.
Humor was not added to get that laugh of entertainment. Drama was not introduced behind the sacred desk to glue your attention.

Man's Rationale has replaced a cry for God's wisdom."

"How To Be Free From Bitterness" ( booklet written by Jim Wilson of Community Christian Ministries, Moscow, Idaho - E-mail: ccm@moscow.com )

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:41 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church