Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8960&st=45 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:41:39 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 3abn Booted From Sky Angel
Panama_Pete
post May 25 2006, 10:16 PM
Post #46

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 522

Did Danny and Brandy get the dumped from Sky Angel for Trinity Broadcasting Network? Sort of looks like it from today's announcement. Perhaps, there is justice in the world after all.

Without Linda Shelton, 3ABN seems to be losing its viewership. None of the hard-boiled eggs at 3ABN suspected that Linda Shelton would be the popular one. They took Linda Shelton for granted.

It reminds me of when Dan Blocker died, and Bonanza quickly tanked and was canceled. Dan's popularity had escaped them and they thought it would be business as usual.

Oh well, 3ABN's loss is Trinity Broadcasting's gain. It would be a devestating loss for 3ABN if Trinity Broadcasting were to hire Linda Shelton. Nobody believes that Norwegian "phone call" nonsense anyway.

Best of luck to the Crouch family and TBN. welcome(1).gif

Sky Angel Adds Trinity Broadcasting Network

5/25/2006 4:44:00 PM

http://www.multichannel.com/article/CA6338...y=Breaking+News

Trinity Broadcasting Network will launch on nationwide direct-to-home satellite-television service Sky Angel in June.

Dominion Video Satellite Inc.-owned Sky Angel focuses on faith-based and family-friendly programming, and TBN offers 24 hours of commercial-free inspirational programming that appeals to people in a wide variety of denominations.

“We are very pleased that TBN has been added to Sky Angel, America’s only Christian high-powered satellite service,” TBN vice president of administration Paul Crouch Jr. said in a prepared statement.

-30-

This post has been edited by Panama_Pete: May 25 2006, 11:26 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post May 25 2006, 10:45 PM
Post #47

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(Panama_Pete @ May 25 2006, 08:16 PM) [snapback]132290[/snapback]

Did Danny and Brandy get the dumped from Sky Angel for Trinity Broadcasting Network? Sort of looks like it from today's announcement. Perhaps, there is justice in the world after all.

Without Linda Shelton, 3ABN seems to be losing its viewership. None of the hard-boiled eggs at 3ABN suspected that Linda Shelton would be the popular one. They took Linda Shelton for granted.

It reminds me of when Dan Blocker died, and Bonanza quickly tanked and was canceled. Dan's popularity had escaped them and they thought it would be business as usual.

Oh well, 3ABN's loss is Trinity Broadcasting's gain. It would be a devestating loss if Trinity Broadcasting were to hire Linda Shelton. Nobody believes that Norwegian "phone call" nonsense anyway.

Well put Panama_Pete! Is it official that 3abn is not returning to SA?

This post has been edited by Clay: May 26 2006, 12:10 AM

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post May 25 2006, 11:18 PM
Post #48

500 + posts
Group Icon

Hello Sonshineonme,

Well, we don't know if the 3ABN "boot' is "official" or not. We just know there was a channel available and 3ABN, apparently, didn't get returned to the Sky Angel lineup. Perhaps, that's the way it should be.

Pete

This post has been edited by Panama_Pete: May 25 2006, 11:25 PM

+Quote Post
NormF
post May 25 2006, 11:37 PM
Post #49

Member No.: 1,691

On the other hand, a quick check of the present broadcast lineup (as of 12:30 am CDT, 5-26-06), still shows 3ABN at channel 9710 ... granted, "off the air" (that's unchanged!) but not yet delisted nonetheless. The announcement doesn't say which channel they get. We may have to wait for the "day shift" (ala June) to come on duty at Sky Angel to see how the change actually plays out here. Let's see what becomes of this though.

Regards,
Norm

This post has been edited by NormF: May 26 2006, 12:06 AM

--------------------
Debile fundamentum, fallit opus. - "Where there is a weak foundation, the work falls."

+Quote Post
Nuggie
post May 26 2006, 08:54 AM
Post #50

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 984

QUOTE(Panama_Pete @ May 25 2006, 10:16 PM) [snapback]132290[/snapback]

Oh well, 3ABN's loss is Trinity Broadcasting's gain. It would be a devestating loss for 3ABN if Trinity Broadcasting were to hire Linda Shelton. Nobody believes that Norwegian "phone call" nonsense anyway.

5/25/2006 4:44:00 PM

http://www.multichannel.com/article/CA6338...y=Breaking+News

Trinity Broadcasting Network will launch on nationwide direct-to-home satellite-television service Sky Angel in June.

Dominion Video Satellite Inc.-owned Sky Angel focuses on faith-based and family-friendly programming, and TBN offers 24 hours of commercial-free inspirational programming that appeals to people in a wide variety of denominations.

“We are very pleased that TBN has been added to Sky Angel, America’s only Christian high-powered satellite service,” TBN vice president of administration Paul Crouch Jr. said in a prepared statement.

-30-

As a former employee of Sky Angel, I can tell you that it is quite a coup for them to finally be able to add TBN to their line-up...they've been pursuing TBN almost from the time Sky Angel went on air...and if Sky Angel had to choose between TBN and 3ABN, I don't think they'd have a moment's hesitation about taking 3ABN off their schedule.

--------------------
Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post May 26 2006, 09:18 AM
Post #51

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(Nuggie @ May 26 2006, 06:54 AM) [snapback]132347[/snapback]

As a former employee of Sky Angel, I can tell you that it is quite a coup for them to finally be able to add TBN to their line-up...they've been pursuing TBN almost from the time Sky Angel went on air...and if Sky Angel had to choose between TBN and 3ABN, I don't think they'd have a moment's hesitation about taking 3ABN off their schedule.

I went to sky angels site, did a search for 3ABN in the search box, came up with five things, took the first one, read the letter "explaining" whats happend....it looks like you could be right, and they are possibly following God's will for them. If anyone is interested, go read too. There were 4 other things that had 3abn in the search I did, but I have not read those yet.

This post has been edited by sonshineonme: May 31 2006, 09:51 PM

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post May 26 2006, 09:41 AM
Post #52

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Nuggie @ May 26 2006, 08:54 AM) [snapback]132347[/snapback]

Maybe it was a 3ABN-style:

SPIRITUAL DELISTING.

Live by the sword...... lol.gif

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post May 26 2006, 09:51 AM
Post #53

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(sonshineonme @ May 26 2006, 09:18 AM) [snapback]132351[/snapback]

I went to sky angels site, did a search for 3ABN in the search box, came up with five thigns, took the first one, read the letter "explaining" whats happend....it looks like you could be right, and they are possibly following God's will for them. If anyone is interested, go read too. There were 4 other things that had 3abn in the search I did, but I have not read those yet.

True, they are most likely following God's will for them.

I found the spot on the Sky Angel site that said:

"Unfortunately, despite our best efforts, we were unable to negotiate through the issues and are now prohibited from reinstating the channels that carried Three Angels Broadcasting, Golden Eagle Broadcasting and SPIRIT. "

It appears a door may have been shut that no man can open.

+Quote Post
caribbean sda
post May 26 2006, 09:54 AM
Post #54

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,678

QUOTE(sonshineonme @ May 26 2006, 12:18 PM) [snapback]132351[/snapback]

I went to sky angels site, did a search for 3ABN in the search box, came up with five thigns, took the first one, read the letter "explaining" whats happend....it looks like you could be right, and they are possibly following God's will for them. If anyone is interested, go read too. There were 4 other things that had 3abn in the search I did, but I have not read those yet.

Important news about the recent channel outage

May 25, 2006

As you may already be aware, on April 14th, Good Friday, we experienced a sudden loss of programming on 10 of our 33 channels. EchoStar Communications Corp., owner of the DISH Network satellite service, communicated to us that this loss was due to a technical failure of its EchoStar III satellite that we are currently sharing with EchoStar per a technical agreement we have with the company. We were successful in working with EchoStar to get seven of our 10 channels back on the air fairly quickly. Regrettably, three channels were not reinstated, and this technical failure evolved into contractual issues with EchoStar that, due to confidentiality restrictions in our agreement, we cannot publicly discuss. Unfortunately, despite our best efforts, we were unable to negotiate through the issues and are now prohibited from reinstating the channels that carried Three Angels Broadcasting, Golden Eagle Broadcasting and SPIRIT. Now that there is finality concerning our negotiations with EchoStar and it is certain that we will not be able to provide these three channels at this time, I wanted you to understand the reason.

I deeply regret the inconvenience that this interruption in programming may have caused you. As many of you know, we’ve faced a number of challenges with our relationship with EchoStar over the past few years; the Lord has guided us to positive outcomes in these cases (Romans 8:28) and we will continue to trust in Him for guidance and strength (Proverbs 3:5,6).

Presently we are exploring an option that might enable us to add one or two channels sometime in the future. We are happy to be able to continue carrying “3ABN Today” on our Angel One channel and hope to work with 3ABN to air special events, such as 3ABN’s “Ten Commandments Weekend” special that we carried in May on our special events channel, Angel Two. We continue to carry Safe TV which airs several of the same programs that 3ABN airs, including Sabbath programming. Additionally, in early June, we are trading the SuperChannel TBN feed with the national Trinity Broadcasting Network (TBN) feed on Channel 9709. TBN carries many of the same programs that aired on Golden Eagle and many others that were not previously airing on Sky Angel. Also, there are programs that aired on Golden Eagle that are airing on other Sky Angel channels as well, such as Richard Roberts’ “Hour of Healing” on our Angel One and Angel Two channels. Additionally, while Sky Angel already offers more contemporary Christian music than any other cable or satellite provider, we will be looking for ways to add more Christian music in cooperation with SPIRIT Television. If you are not a subscriber to our monthly printed TV guide, “Sky Angel Guide”, I encourage you to visit our free online program guide at www.skyguide.org or by clicking here to find out when your favorite shows are airing.

I ask for your prayers as we continue to move forward with the vision the Lord gave my father, Robert Johnson, Sr., for this project a little more than 25 years ago. Sky Angel’s mission is to build and operate a global direct broadcast satellite system, using our own satellites, as the most effective means of assuring that the Gospel will penetrate every nation, culture and people—even the most unreachable regions of the world. To build and launch our own satellite will cost in the neighborhood of $150 million dollars to achieve. It’s an awesome mission in both magnitude and cost, however, one that our studies have shown is attainable with the dedication of our staff and the growing support of Christians here in America subscribing to the Sky Angel service. We have been in negotiations with a satellite manufacturer for some time and have begun an effort to identify sources that will be helpful in raising the necessary funds. Sometimes the challenge seems almost beyond comprehension, but I’m constantly reminded that with God’s help everything is possible and that God’s will always prevails. As we grow, it is my prayer that additional resources will become available that will enable Sky Angel to support various other works of ministry around the world with one common purpose: to share the life-changing message of Jesus Christ.

Yes, Sky Angel is a television service, still delivering into your home, church or business a wonderful array of TV and radio channels to edify, inform and entertain. But Sky Angel is also a unique work of ministry whose impact for the Kingdom has the potential to be huge. I pray that we can count on your support as we continue to trust in the Lord to guide us during this challenging yet exciting journey.

In His service,

Rob Johnson
CEO

P.S. Please understand that our call center representatives have no further information to provide.

http://www.skyangel.com/About/Index.asp?Id...e&q=3ABN&p=f&~=

--------------------
"Press on, regardless...what's to come is better than what's been...!"

+Quote Post
beanchild
post May 26 2006, 12:47 PM
Post #55

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 770

QUOTE(Panama_Pete @ May 26 2006, 11:41 AM) [snapback]132355[/snapback]

SPIRITUAL DELISTING.

roflmao.gif

--------------------
"NATURAL FABRIC! NATURAL FABRIC!!!"
largo, mt, 961

+Quote Post
seeshell
post May 26 2006, 03:47 PM
Post #56

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,679

Is it possible this turn of events is evidence of those slow, fine-grinding wheels Bear spoke of being in motion? scratchchin.gif

--------------------
Shelley

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." Mark Twain

"It is not my first object in life to make people like me." Elizabeth Prentiss

"Níor dhún Dia doras riamh nar oscail Sé ceann eile."

+Quote Post
beartrap
post May 26 2006, 05:14 PM
Post #57

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,659

QUOTE(Panama_Pete @ May 26 2006, 10:41 AM) [snapback]132355[/snapback]

SPIRITUAL DELISTING.

rofl1.gif roflmao.gif rofl1.gif roflmao.gif

+Quote Post
princessdi
post May 26 2006, 05:48 PM
Post #58

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

LOL!!! See Pete, you are wrong that! rofl1.gif
QUOTE(Panama_Pete @ May 26 2006, 08:41 AM) [snapback]132355[/snapback]

SPIRITUAL DELISTING.

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post May 29 2006, 09:27 AM
Post #59

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 712

QUOTE(Panama_Pete @ May 26 2006, 10:41 AM) [snapback]132355[/snapback]

SPIRITUAL DELISTING.

rofl1.gif
QUOTE(princessdi @ May 26 2006, 06:48 PM) [snapback]132413[/snapback]

LOL!!! See Pete, you are wrong that! rofl1.gif

Gurl - dat's family right dere..... got it dead on pernt!

roflmao.gif spoton.gif

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*
PrincessDrRe; March, 2007

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~
PrincessDrRe; September, 2007

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post
meadbd
post Jun 2 2006, 04:52 PM
Post #60

Advanced Member

Member No.: 444

Just received this in an email from Sky Angel...
=====================================================
Update regarding 3ABN, Golden Eagle and SPIRIT

Sky Angel subscribers can expect to receive via mail later this month
a letter with an update regarding Three Angels Broadcasting Network,
Golden Eagle Broadcasting and SPIRIT Television.
=====================================================

--------------------
========================================
"If Christianity has never disturbed us, we have not
yet learned what it is" William Temple
-------------------------------------------------------
My Webpage
PRAISE & GLORY TO THE LORD!
-------------------------------------------------------
"For the Kingdom of Heaven is not eating and drinking,
but righteousness and joy and peace in the Holy Spirit"
Rom.14:17

Bill
========================================

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:41 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church